DCAC | free characters | closed, check new thread!

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Re: DCAC | free characters | open!

Postby booklover789 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:28 am

"But if you cant handle me at my worst, then you surely dont deserve me at my best."
~ Marilyn Monroe

==============================================================================================================

Donated by midnightwolfie666; lineart by bloodtaintedsoul

Username:
booklover789

Kennel Number:

Species and/or Breed:
Huarizo, commonly incorrectly called a Llampaca
(Llama and Alpaca Hybrid)

Use:
I was first intrigued by this character due to her adorable lines. Her design is simplistic, and I really enjoy the simple design she has, as it makes her easier to get art of. I would give her a spot on my character website. I would color and make art of her, and then I would also possibly order art of her if I ever have enough cash/C$ to order some. Lastly, I would write stories about her and my other characters. She's awesome!

Name:
Sunbeam Gypsy

Sexual and Romantic Orientation:
Aegoromantic Greysexual
ImageImage

Favorites:
Color - Pale Blue
Food - Garlic Cheese Pizza
Animal - Jackrabbit
Insect - Queen Butterfly
Type of Weather - Sunny and Warm

Least Favorites:
Color - Dark Brown
Food - Laffy Taffy
Animal - Killer Whale
Insect - Bee
Type of Weather - Rainy and Cold

Her birthday is March 11, 1997. As such, she is 22 years old.

Theme Song:
Shelter - Porter Robinson and Madeon

Personality:
When you're a mute extrovert, life can be a hard thing to deal with... but that's the life that Gypsy has to deal with. Highly motivated and energetic, Gypsy is a really good llama to go to if you want something done quickly and efficiently. She sometimes has difficulty communicating with others thanks to her muteness, but she generally manages to deal with life quite fine, all things considered. Gypsy communicates through her very expressive face, as well as through body language. She does very well in discussion of any kind if given the chance to write things out or express them in a different way other than speech.

She doesn't often get so lost in thought that she forgets her surroundings, and is generally very present and in-the-moment. Her moods are very stable, and she almost never experiences mood swings. Gypsy is very in-control of herself emotionally, and doesn't get upset by others very easily.

Gypsy happens to be extremely curious, and often gets into situations where she has to get herself out of them with only her own ingenuity. Due to many happenstances related to this fact, Gypsy highly prefers to be adaptable over being organized. This, however, makes her liable to lose things easily. Her living situations tend to be very disorganized and are not the cleanest around, but she doesn't care so long as she's still able to get done what needs to get done.

Gypsy doesn't get stressed easily. She can take on a variety of tasks without suffering many consequences, and can multitask like nobody's business. Both creative and practical, she has the ability to figure out solutions to situations easily and with a variety of options.

She absolutely never feels superior to others. Very aware of how she comes across to others, Gypsy will always do her best to treat others kindly. She always makes sure to ask if a topic is okay to discuss before she leaps into discussing it, as Gypsy knows that a lot of individuals she's met have their own triggers and words that may upset them, so she does her best to accommodate them as necessary.

A good emotional support for those who need her, Gypsy always has a shoulder for someone to cry on. She is willing to give emotional support to those who need it most, and she has a great understanding of how others might feel in a given situation.

A mix between ESFP-A and ISFP-A, Gypsy is bold, artistic, curious, and original. Extremely observant, she is great at getting a good feel for surroundings, whether they be familiar to her or a new space entirely. She tends to be easily bored, however, and isn't the best at long-term planning. On the upside, she is very sensitive to others and quite charming to hang around. However, Gypsy is also independent to a fault, unpredictable, and can sometimes be a bit overly competitive.

History - Outline:
A. Sunbeam Gypsy prefers to just go by her last name to keep things simple. She doesn't like being called by her first name because she was made fun of it as a child for having such a "stupid" name, so she instead chooses to ignore that she even has her first name at all.
B. We see into Gypsy's past, and wonder why we never see her parents. Eventually it is revealed that she is an orphan, and no one knows who were parents really were. She was dropped off on somebody's doorstep and was raised by the individuals inside: a pair of mountain goats, who taught her to traverse the cliffs and mountains where she lived for most of her life.
C. Gypsy went to school and all throughout her life was picked on for being mute - something doctors tried to fix but could not when she was a youngster - and also for her silly name. Once she finished up school, she dropped the first name and refused to answer to it any longer; she would only answer to her last name. Her mountain goat parents respected that, and told her that it was her choice for whatever she would prefer to be called. They supported her in her endeavors to find a good-paying job, even though all of her efforts were unsuccessful.
D. After dealing with a massive amount of stress from not being able to find a job, Gypsy went to a doctor. She was concerned about her constant headaches and stomach aches, and wondered if something else more serious was at hand or if it was just side effects of her stressful time. She ended up finding out that she was sterile and would always be. When she wondered about why she was this way, the doctors recommended that she take a DNA test, which she did. Her mountain goat parents foot the bill gladly, and when the results came back, Gypsy and her adoptive parents all opened them and were speechless at the results. Gypsy had always known that her parents had looked different from her, but she hadn't given it really much thought... until she saw the results. Her birth mother was someone named Sunshine Lolli, and had been an alpaca. Her father was someone named Gerard Geode, and he was a llama. This made Gypsy a Huarizo, a rare subspecies of camelids which are unable to reproduce due to their mixed genetic code. Gypsy took the news quite well, and didn't really care what her DNA said she was. She believed with all of her heart that her parents were the mountain goats, as they were the ones who had cared for her and raised her. She didn't care that she hadn't been blest with the ability to have children; she didn't want kids, anyways. And she knew that if she ever changed her mind, she could always adopt a child later on.
E. Gypsy finally found a job at a local school teaching children. The school paid for her training and any medical leave that she needed, which she did end up needing shortly after starting the job as she slipped and almost broke two of her legs after tripping over a student's skateboard which hadn't been put away properly. Gypsy didn't hold it against him, but the school did put into place a new mandatory rule that skateboards were to be kept in lockers at all times, so no other employees had injuries of the same like that Gypsy suffered.
F. Gypsy moved her way up the ladder at her job and ended up being high enough up in the organization to start up an anti-bullying campaign at the school. She then used her influence to spread awareness to several other schools. She ended up starting and overseeing several anti-bullying campaigns at schools all across her place of residence, and currently spends time in each school depending on the day of the week, appointing new counselors and hall monitors and overseeing paperwork and real-life implementation of the ideas she put forth in the initial stages of the projects. Her favorite thing to do is to surprise the students with a once-a-year pizza party that she hosts and pays for on-location at whatever school she is closest to at that particular time. She loves getting to impact the youth in a positive way, and does her best to remember to be kind to the ones who need help the most, as she never wants another child to have to deal with the horrors she had to live through being bullied and picked-on in her young age.

Extra(s):
I colored in some art of her because her design is adorable!
Base by Bluuebirdd, coloring and edits by me (booklover789)

Base by spicy,, coloring and edits by me (booklover789)

Base by ermusin, coloring and background by me (booklover789)

Base and background by SyriaSirlay, coloring by me (booklover789)

Base by Zylafone (original base by Skittle.), coloring and editing by me (booklover789)

Base by Marilu., coloring by me (booklover789)

dearfellowtraveler

=============================================================================================================

"Entertainers happily chat about just about anything or anyone that comes to mind, but wont have a topic forced."
~ 16 Personalities

Last edited by booklover789 on Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:16 am, edited 6 times in total.
booklover789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MeltiTheDragon » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:38 am

Former head mod and judge here. Just wanted to pop in to say that I changed my username from Diamondshine101 to MeltiTheDragon, and that there are a bunch of credits still listed under the old name. :3 Thanks for reading.
Melti The Dragon
✚✚✚Autistic
✚✚✚Furry
✚✚✚Artist, Musician, Improv Comedian

If I've forgotten something, feel free to give me a little nudge!

I'm a Moderator for PS Adoptables! <3 Check them out! >>
Also, if you do decided to check it out, please consider noting I referred you!

Other Sites I'm On
{ Deviantart } ✚ { Furaffinity } ✚ { Toyhou.se }
{ Art Fight } ✚ { Refsheet } ✚ { Aywas }
Tracker Pages
{ Cascadeclan } ✚ { Sosna Gora } ✚ { Kingdom of Thorns }
{ Lucentclan } ✚ { Hlien Fuléao-anisth } ✚ { Sunset Bridge Business }

✚✚✚Formerly Known as Diamondshine101
    [C] - GreenGummies (sig art), sweathie (avatar)
MeltiTheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby booklover789 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:41 pm

Image Image

"Encourage, lift and strengthen one another. For the positive energy spread to one will be felt by us all."
~ Deborah Day

==============================================================================================================

#1st Image Made By Avater Maker: Pony [app]; #2nd image done by jadejellie

Username:
booklover789

Kennel Number:

Species and/or Breed:
Changeling, Alicorn, and Bat-Pony Mix
(She does have a broken horn, however.)

Use:
I was first intrigued by this character due to her gorgeous design. The purples and blues are absolutely gorgeous. When I saw her second piece of art, though, I was sold. The fact that she has both changeling and bat-pony elements makes her suuuper unique. I have only one changeling character so far, and I have absolutely no bat-pony characters. I'd love to add her to my character family, because not only is she gorgeous, but she has so much potential for characterization. As for what I would do with her if I won her, I would give her a spot on my character website. I would color and make art of her, and then I would also possibly order art of her if I ever have enough cash/C$ to order some. Lastly, I would write stories about her and my other characters. She's awesome!

Birth Name:
Mauve Monsoon

Aliases:
Vampire Dream
Lavender Lines
Orange Star
Magenta Whirlpool
Salted Stripe
Princess Maelstrom
Princess Purplesnoot

Sexual and Romantic Orientation:
Cinromantic Aliquasexual
Image Image

Favorites:
Colors - Gold and Purple
Animal - Octopus
Insect - Locust

She was born on December 11, 1872. She is currently 147 years old. Because she is part-changeling and part-alicorn, she is immortal and cannot die from most natural causes, primarily old age.

Personality:
Mauve doesn't find it hard to talk to others. She's very talkative and chatty by nature, but still does have her quiet moments. She's been trained to be an approachable figure, what with her growing up as royalty.

She doesn't get lost in thought very often, but when she does she always makes sure it's when most of her responsibilities have already been dealt with.

Generally speaking, Mauve doesn't find it hard to remain cool under pressure. She doesn't find herself getting stressed-out very often. She can keep calm easily, and doesn't get riled up over silly little inconveniences. Because of this, she isn't offended or insulted by others very easily, and can take backlash with a pretty straight face.

Because she is royalty, she sometimes does feel superior to others, but does her best to keep this emotion in check. Mauve rarely feels insecure, and has a great self-image. In her youth she felt quite devastated whenever anyone would make fun of her, but over the years she has grown to love how she looks. She doesn't hate her appearance at all, and thinks that it makes her a rather unique pony.

Mauve tends to deal with harsh emotions. She has depression, even if it is intermittent. She has days where she's highly motivated and energetic, and other days where she's lethargic and tired all the time. This being said, she is not prone to mood-swings and doesn't really feel like lashing out very often; she does her best to keep her emotions in-check. She is also very good at understanding how other individuals might feel because of her own emotional state, and it makes her a more compassionate pony.

She believes highly that being organized and adaptable are both positive traits to have, and likes both the practical side of things along with the creative side of things. She gains insight from both her experiences in life and her thought processes in any given moment. She doesn't count one over the other nor does she think of one as a more preferred way of living over the other - both have their ups and downs, and she respects that while they are different, they are both extremely useful ways of dealing with life.

Mauve tries her best to not justify herself to others. She does her best to act in the best interest of others before herself. She feels that her decisions are hers alone, and if someone doesn't like that, then they can go take a hike. That's not to say she won't answer any question asked of her; but if no one asks, she doesn't feel the need to tell.

Mauve is quite tidy and does her best to keep things clean. She has never been and will never be a hoarder, and likes things to be spic-and-span.

A natural ESFJ-A, Mauve has a very strong sense of duty, good practical skills, and is a loyal pony to the core. Criticism bounces off of her like a water to a duck. She is great at communicating to others, and is often very warm with those she meets, even if she does have her icy moments. She can be inflexible when it comes to her rulings, however, and can be worried with her social status. She can sometimes be too selfless, as well - most evident by her act of kindness in saving her sister but losing her own horn as a consequence of her actions.

Theme Songs:
Warrior - Skan and Highdiwaan
Throne - Bring Me The Horizon
Breathe In, Breathe Out - Set It Off
Killer Lady - GUMI

Physical Attributes:
  • Scars - 13 scars total: three on each of front hooves and legs, three on back left leg, and four on back right leg. She got injured a lot as a filly because she got picked on quite a bit. Once she figured out how to stand up for myself, though, those bullies never lay a hoof on her again. Their damage had already been inflicted, though - Mauve Monsoon carries around the scars of her past every day of her life, and she'll continue to do so until she expires.
  • Bat Wings - Born with bat wings, Mauve Monsoon has always been a great flyer. She excels at flying. She's no Rainbow Dash nor Wonderbolt, but she's still pretty good with her wings. She's not the fastest around, but speed isn't everything! She's great with accuracy and is a fast-learner, so whenever her friends have taught her a few tricks she's picked them up pretty quickly.
  • Broken Horn - Her hair mostly covers this part of her, as she's still very sensitive about it and doesn't like to show it off to the world. When she was younger, her hair wasn't long enough nor thick enough to cover it, but over time it has grown enough to cover her permanently-broken appendage. She broke it in a fight when she was younger. One of the bullies was picking on her little sister - a pegasus with an odd set of bug wings due to the changeling DNA - and she stood up for her. Blossomtail was very pleased to have been saved by her big sister, but was upset when she saw what the bullies had done to her, instead. After that point, Blossomtail and Mauve Monsoon were the best of friends, never leaving each other's sights. They stuck together through it all. Even though Mauve Monsoon had to re-learn how to use magic and completely heal up before she was even able to levitate things again, she doesn't regret standing up for her little sister.
  • Changeling Genes - The scars on her legs all appear as holes in the brittle flesh, such as all scars that appear on changeling species. Most other parts of her body scar normally as any normal pony's body would, but if the scars are in her legs, hooves, tail, or mane, they will appear as holes instead of normal scars, no matter how the scarring was done. Additionally, she can change form, but because she is not a full changeling, she cannot fully transform; currently, she can only transform into a SeaPony, but her cutie mark changes when she transforms, which is not the norm for changelings.
  • Furry Ears - Her hearing is very fine-tuned with this Bat-Pony aspect of her body, as Mauve Monsoon's ears are fuzzy and extremely well attuned to small sounds and whispers around her. Not much gets past her when it comes to hearing stuff around her.
  • Fetlocks (Hooves) - Muave Monsoon's hooves have small tufts of fur that cover them. These fetlocks keep her legs and her hooves warmer in the cold weather. Even though they can sometimes be a pain to clean off, she understands that they ultimately help her and has never wanted to trim them off.
  • Down (Feathers) - She only has down on a few parts of her body: her back neck and the tops of both of her front legs. Elsewhere, there is simply fur on her body. The down is not very thick, but still helps to insulate her. She does molt and lose feathers a few times every ten years or so, but during those times she just chooses to wear warmer clothing so that she doesn't lose too much warmth needed for her survival.
  • Speckled Eyes - Her eyes are multicolored with speckles and tiny dots of different shades of blue. They constantly shift and change, and may change hour-to-hour or day-to-day. They will always be blue, but they never quite look exactly the same as they did the day before. Her eyes may change, but her vision does stay the same no matter what. She has quite good night vision, though Mauve Monsoon also sees quite well during the day time.
  • Cutie Mark and Special Talent: Orange Stripes with Pale Pink Stars - While most ponies thought her cutie mark was a reference to fireworks or sparklers, Mauve Monsoon's cutie mark is actually an interesting view of a whirlpool of stars. Once this was figured out, a lot of ponies thought her talent would be something related to space, but in reality, Mauve Monsoon's talent was controlling water-based whirlpools, hurricanes, and monsoons. When she had her fully-intact horn, she was able to do a vast variety of things with it, from picking up hurricanes with her magic and dropping them so deep into the ocean that they sputtered out to controlling vast maelstroms and making sure they dissipated without harming anypony around. Now that her horn has been damaged, Mauve Monsoon still loves the ocean and being out on it, and she can still control the elements a bit, but her magical abilities have been severely hampered due to her damaged appendage.

History:
The bat-winged pony cantered in the room. His sides heaved as he gasped for air. His fur was matted from water that was dripping down his black mane and sliding down his grey body. "Princess Maelstrom!" he yelled.
She had been staring out the window, lost in thought. Her head snapped to attention. The purple feathers and fur that lay gently against her body suddenly stood up. She could feel the tension in the air, growing with the rainstorm that thundered outside. Lightning flashed and cracked the sky into pieces, shattering her vision and scattering spots of light over every surface of the throne room. "Yes, Sir Cobblepot?" she asked, her voice as steady as she could make it, hours of practicing finally coming to her aide.
"Princess, we have a problem. The flooding has become too severe for the earth types to survive much longer. They have all gathered on the tallest hill in the valley, and are trapped up there with no supplies left."
"How were you alerted to this fiasco if they are trapped?"
"Sire, they sent a message to a pegasus who was flying overhead. She caught it and brought it to us."
"How was she able to fly in this wretched weather?" The purple pony outstretched a hoof filled with holes to the great windows of the hall. They alit with lightning just as she motioned to them, and thunder shook the ground as it struck nearby. "The water would surely have rendered her feathers immobile."
"I do not know. She is here for questioning if necessary, however, Sire. She is waiting outside the main corridor."
"Perhaps we shall call upon her services," the purple ruler thought aloud. "She would be a good resource in this terrible storm."
"Princess, I mean no disrespect, but the earth types are threatened. We need to act now if we are to save them from drowning."
"Fine. Send in the pegasus."
The male bowed and then cantered out of the room. A few moments later, Cobblepot held open the door, and a pegasus with a headscarf walked into the room. She was brown and had white freckles. Her hair was thinned with age, but had clearly been a brilliant brown at one point in time. She wasn't ancient, by any means - definitely not older than any grannies in the town. But she wasn't a spry young filly, either. Her cutie mark looked like a combination between a thermometer, a spoon full of sugar, and the visual representation of a beating heart. She bowed as lowly as her tired knees would allow, and then rose up again, ramrod straight as she stood in front of the changeling princess. "Greetings, Princess Maelstrom."
"Greetings, brave pegasus. What is your name?"
"I am Janessa."
"Pleased to make your acquaintance. Now tell me, how were you able to fly in such conditions as these?"
"When I fought in the changeling wars, I acquired a new skill. If you are to take the average pegasus feathers and oil them up before flying out into the rain, one might still be able to fly in dire conditions... for a time. They do not stay completely dry, so flying ability will be hampered, but it is still an effective short-term remedy."
Princess Maelstrom smiled. "I am pleased with your answer. You are quite intelligent. What was your place of occupation in the changeling war?"
"I was a nurse, tending to those injured on the battlefield."
"Who worked alongside you?"
"My friend, Electric Volt, a very powerful unicorn."
"Might we call upon her in this time of need? Any friend of yours must be just as intelligent as you, if not more-so."
The brown pony shook her head, casting her tired glance to the floor. "No, Princess. She moved away from our country a few years back - said she was going to try to find her long-lost relative."
The princess nodded. "Is there anyone else you trust enough to call upon to help us?"
Janessa glanced up, a brightened look on her features. "I have a few family members I could call upon."
Princess Maelstrom nodded. "Do so at once."

First to enter was a bright blue pegasus with stark white hair and a pair of very small glossy glasses. She seemed only slightly younger than Janessa. Her name was Penelope. When asked what her relation to Janessa was, she simply chuckled and shook her head. "It would take much too long to explain, Princess. We have not the time for familiarities, here. What matters is that I am here to work and happy to do so. I will follow any order you give, even if you are not my royal adviser, as I do not live within your province."
The princess nodded. "Thank you for your compliance."
Next to enter was an older pony who looked as if life had not been kind to her. Due Time was her name - she introduced herself with a clear and loud voice. "Yes, I know I look horrendous. No need to rub into my face what cancer has already taken from me. Though I may be frail in physical strength, I am still here to serve this country. I will do anything you ask of me, my Princess." She bowed as low as her shaking hooves could take her.
"Are you strong enough to handle the winds outside and the torrents of rain pouring down?"
"Yes. I have flown through worse in my day."
"Granted. Thank you for your service."
The next to enter was an even older set of two ponies, both of whom looked as elderly as most of the grandparents under Maelstrom's rule. They were clearly a couple, what with how they never let go of each other's hooves. One was taller than the other, and looked to be a fully-functioning alicorn... with the exception of her old and frail body. Perhaps she wasn't a full-blooded alicorn, or the pony genes that cause aging took over her before her alicorn non-aging genes could kick in, thought the princess. Her brown fur was stark against the grey tile in the throne room, and her electric green hair stood out even more so, even having grayed with age. Her companion was male, silver in color with sad-looking eyes and a mane once vibrant with red coloring. His fetlocks were matted with age and time and lack of care, but his expression held all the care he would ever need to exhibit towards his mate. They were called Silent Melody and Symphony for an Orchestra. They finished each other's sentences, and often spoke in unison. "We are here to help, and are willing to offer any assistance we can. We care deeply for Janessa, and want to only assist her wherever she may go."
Princess Maelstrom seemed perplexed. "Your cutie marks do not look as if you would offer up any assistance of any kind with this particular matter at hoof. Additionally, why would I accept such elderly ponies when I have younger ones at my disposal?"
The brown one spoke first. "I may be one of the ponies easiest to get cold in this entire city, and I may only write music for a living, but I have made a good name for myself by sticking by others in their most trialed of times. I do not backtalk, and you wont' hear a peep out of me if you're giving orders."
The gray one spoke next. "I am not very talkative myself, Princess, but I am loyal to the core and will stand by those who have not done me wrong rather than kneel before those who have hurt those whom I love."
The brown one started the final sentence, and the grey one finished it: "We are also the parents of Due Time, whom you have gladly accepted onto your ranks. We expect equal treatment as her, not discrimination based solely on our old age."
The princess lost herself in thought for only a moment. "Fine. You may join your daughter. Just do as Janessa asks you, and we won't have any problems."
"Of course, your majesty," they said, trotting over with smiles to their daughter, who was standing off to the side as she awaited their fate.
The group stood and waited for the princess to speak. She did not make them wait long. "Alright then, everypony. You are to follow Janessa's orders, no matter how stupid or ridiculous they may seem to you. Do as she instructs. If I hear of any insubordination, I will boot you from the project myself and you will not be welcome back into my abode. Do you understand?"
They all nodded.
"Because my wings are resistant to most weather difficulties, I will be joining you today. We are to save the ponies who have been stranded upon a tall hill near Golggia. Do you understand your mission?"
They all answered back, "Yes, Princess."
"Good. Then we begin."

Generations after the successful mission of saving the earth type ponies from certain death, the princess sat upon her throne once more watching as torrents of rain poured down. "Why does it always rain on my birthday?" she murmured as she stared out at the dark storm-clouds.
An odd-looking pegasus timidly walked into the room. "Princess? I am Foggy Stream. I was your five o'clock appointment."
The princess turned her attention to him, glancing him up and down before responding. "What exactly are you? You seem not fully pony."
"I am not," he said with a smile. "My father was a dragon and my mother was a pony. I guess that makes me some sort of hybrid, right?" He clacked his purple claws together, and brushed his thick green mane out of his eyes. His dragon-like wings shifted from side-to-side uneasily.
"Why have you come to see me today?"
"Princess, the rivers have all flooded. Even with my excellent vision - thanks to my dragon heritage, of course - I cannot see a solution to the problem. If the waters continue to rise, we may have massive flooding on our hooves and claws."
The princess nodded. "I understand your concern. Who works alongside you?"
"My partner, Snowy Gale. She has excellent unicorn powers, and has a good ability to control weather... but even she has found herself at a loss for words and is beside herself with worry about this particular issue. It probably does not help matters any that she is, um, expecting."
"Expecting what, pray-tell?"
"A child. My child, to be specific."
"What wonderful news," the purple pony said with a genuine smile. "I wish you both the best of luck. All that said, we do need to fix this issue of yours. Let me call upon a few of my trusted guards to help you with this. Janessa! Penelope! Royal Lyric! Your assistance is needed post-haste."
The three trotted into the room, two pegasi and one unicorn. They bowed once and then glanced over at the newcomer. "How might we help you?"

Years after, the princess sighed. She had lost a great many friends over the years, and missed her days being able to call upon ponies that she knew and trusted. She realized that as time went on, she would never age, but her loyal subjects would. They would all succumb to fate eventually. She would need to get newer, younger ponies to help her with her royal duties. She needed someone to call upon once more. Without word to any of her guards who had recently been hired on, she trotted out of the castle and into the bright sunlight. She attuned her eyes and ears to any odd sounds, and eventually heard a lovely voice coming from a nearby orchard. She followed the flowing notes until she came across a pony couple holding a newborn child. The mother was singing to her a lullaby. Her pink fur stood out against her yellowed freckles and her dark brown mane, the green accents on her wings shining through the sunlight that streamed through the branches above. Her newborn was very small and tightly wrapped into a bundle around her neck. The father was on a ladder, picking apples and tossing them down into a bucket below, his scarred face clearly visible through the blossoms that surrounded him. The princess gently trotted over and smiled at them. "Who might you be?" she asked quietly.
The mother started and glanced up. "Hello, your highness," she said, catching her breath. "My name is Orchid Nectar, and my husband is Bubbly Current. This is our daughter, Wishful Mage. We won't be staying long in your orchards, Princess. Wishful Mage has many medical complications that must be dealt with swiftly at home."
The purple pony smiled. "Of course, of course. I was merely seeing if you knew of any young ones who would make good future guards for your princess. I find myself with a lack of loyal guardsman and guardswomen. Perhaps you could refer a few to me?"
Bubbly Current jumped down from his perch atop the tree. "I will gladly serve you, Princess."
"With a child of your own? No, I would never require you to leave such a lovely family."
He tilted his head in thought. "Well, my wife's sister has two little girls. They might be interested in helping you, Princess."
"What are their names?"
"Cassiopeia and Inky."

Mauve Monsoon found the two young ponies quickly, and asked their mother, Green Apple, and their father, Klondike Boulder-Heartswell, if they would allow their children the privilege of being able to serve their princess. They agreed to let their children go with the princess for a few months as a trial period. Mauve Monsoon agreed, and welcomed Cassiopeia Heartswell and Inky Heartswell into her castle to stay a few months as she observed them. Neither had gotten their cutie marks, but both were quite smart and well-read. The white one had a fondness for the day, and could often be found in the library studying the old scrolls that Mauve Monsoon had accumulated over the years. The purple one with the flowing green and yellow mane loved the night, and would usually be seen staring through the elaborate telescopes the princess had in the towers of her castle. After the few months trial period had ended, the princess called upon Green Apple and Klondike Boulder-Heartswell to arrive at her castle once more. She explained to them that while her children were brilliant and extremely fine fillies, they would not suit being guardsponies.
Green Apple was distraught. "We raised our fillies to be the finest in all of - "
Her husband cut her off. "Now, now, G. We can't fuss about this. We have to accept the princess's words. She has studied them and knows best how to proceed."
Mauve Monsoon spoke up once more. "Even though they will not make good guardsponies, I would still like to offer them a few opportunities." She glanced over at one of her new hired-hooves. "Fetch me the girls, would you?"
He nodded, and cantered off to do as she requested. He returned a few moments later, Inky and Cassiopeia following closely behind. They came to a standstill in front of their parents.
"Girls, have you enjoyed your time at the castle?"
They both nodded.
"Would you like some more time to spend here?"
Inky nodded immediately, her features lightning up. Cassiopeia nodded slowly, a look of hesitation in her gaze.
"Cassi, why do you show such hesitance?"
She swallowed nervously. "Well, Princess, I uh, well... I miss my friends and my family. If I were to spend time here... more time than I already do... I fear I would never see them again."
The purple pony nodded, and adjusted the crown atop her head only for a moment before continuing. "If you both would like to accept my proposal, I will gladly schedule time for you to meet with your friends. As for your family, I would extend the offer of living here to immediate family members only, so long as they promise to pull their weight." With a pause, she then continued. "Cassi, I would like to extend to you the position of Royal Astronomer. You will be charting stars and using instruments like the astrolabe to make star maps and also inform me of any oddities that happen to the nightsky. You will also have paid trips to Ponyville and Canterlot and wherever else you may need to go to compare your findings with other ponies in their own observatories. You are to sleep in the highest tower of the castle, and are permitted to do as you wish during the day, so long as you are staying within the castle grounds and are only leaving for necessary trips. Do you accept these terms?"
Cassi nodded, a smile on her face. "Yes. Thank you, Princess!"
The purple pony turned to face the younger one in front of her. "Inky, I would like to extend to you the position of Royal Scroll Keeper. You are to keep the scrolls in peak condition, rewriting them in their entirety if they break down or become too brittle to read any longer. You are also to figure out a better way to organize them chronologically, and store them in a way that they will not become damaged over a short period of time. You are to spend your days doing this job and your nights as you wish.
You, like your sister, are not permitted to leave the castle unless you are doing so for an absolutely necessary trip. Do you accept this position?"
Inky jumped up and down with joy. "Yes, yes, yes! Thank you, Princess! Yippee!"
"You get this to help you get started," the princess said, pulling from beside her a green feather quill and handing it to the excited pony.
Her eyes grew wide and filled with tears. "M-m-m-my very own quill p-p-pen?" she whispered. "I've always wanted one..."
"And now you have one," the princess said with a smile. "Now, would you girls please go get to your duties? I must speak with your parents."
And both were off like a flash, the sounds of their giggles and happy squeals echoing down the hallway.
Mauve Monsoon looked at Green Apple and Boulder-Heartswell, both still standing before her. "I mentioned you'd need to pull your weight if you are to live here. What are your talents?"
The blue male spoke up first. "I am a pony of many trades. I plow fields, bury things deep in the ground, and build houses. I do heavy lifting, fix pipes, and mend holes. I can fix a window pretty good, too."
"You will be well-needed in this castle. I would love to hire you on as a janitor who also functions as a fixer-upper. This castle is quite old and in disrepair, and needs a loving hoof to heal its many wounds. Would you be opposed to that?"
"No I would not, Princess. That sounds like a mighty fine job to me."
"The only stipulation I give you is that you keep your daughters in check, and promise to take on an apprentice who is not related to you by blood at some point in the near future, to train up so that once you retire, the castle will still be in capable hooves."
"Agreed. Thank you for the work, Princess. Times have been tough on my family."
The princess nodded in understanding. Then turning her gaze to the green female, she spoke once more. "I assume your talent has to do with apples?"
She smiled. "Yes. I can peel an apple faster than you can say 'sarsaparilla.' Also, I make a mean apple crumble cake and an even better apple pie."
"Do you mentor others well?"
"I can teach if necessary, I suppose."
"Good. Then you will be in charge of teaching a new generation how to cook desserts revolving around apples as the main ingredient. You are to train them up so that once you retire, we still will have capable hooves cooking for us here in the castle."
She nodded. "That seems like a reasonable job."
"Good. Your stipulation is the same as your husband's - you are not to hire on any hooves that are related to you by blood. You will start first thing tomorrow morning. For now, go to your chambers that you will share with your husband and get some sleep. You will have a taxing day ahead of you come morning."
"How will I find youngin's if I don't - "
"I will go out today and find them for you. You rest. This may be your only day off this week."
Green Apple nodded. "Thank you, Princess." She then trotted off.
Mauve Monsoon walked out of the main door with her head held high. Things are starting to look up, she thought. And things will keep looking up. This castle will feel like home again soon enough.

Extra(s):
I did some art of her because she's awesome! :D

Base by Chromium, edits and coloring by me (booklover789)

Base by Chromium; edits, background, and coloring by me (booklover789)

Base by SteampunkCrowSong; edits, background, and coloring by me (booklover789)

Linearts I wanted to use but ended up deciding to wait until later to try out:
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2707093&p=122117301&hilit=pony+editable#p122117301
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3712102&p=124097719&hilit=pony+editable#p124097719

dearfellowtraveler

Be nice to people... maybe it'll be unappreciated, un-reciprocated, or ignored, but spread the love anyway. We rise by lifting others.
~ Germany Kent

Image Image
Last edited by booklover789 on Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:13 pm, edited 14 times in total.
booklover789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Cas. » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:01 pm

Username:.Cas.
Kennel Number:102
Species and/or Breed: Humanoid
Use: I will probably use her as one of my main OCs, or for roleplaying uses. Not sure yet, I just want to take this design because she is gorgeous
Name: Cait Evergreen
Personality: Cait is a quiet, shy girl. She tends to be very introverted, and hates interacting with people. She can usually be found hiding behind a good book, as reading is the thing she loves to do most. She has major anxiety, so talking with people is a struggle for Cait.

However, she can be very friendly if you get past her shy stage. She is very nice to be around, as she loves complimenting her friends, and making them smile with cute little gestures.

History:
Cait was born into a rather wealthy family. Her parents were public speakers, very well known for their influence in a variety of areas. Both majored in science, and were very analytical in their thinking. They were both very devoted to what they did.

Cait did not get along very well with her parents due to this. They had an affinity for everything she feared. Cait would because of this spend very little time with her parents. She would often find herself lost in fictional, magical worlds from books.

Another thing Cait loved was history. She loved learning random and obscure historical references from books, and it was her passion to learn about history. This was one of the very few things Cait could talk about for hours with no problems.

Due to her bizzare interests, she also lacked friends at school. Yet, she was happier this way. She had a stellar work ethic, and excelled academically.

In her spare time, Cait writes stories and loves to watch cartoons. Her favorite animal is a panda, her favorite food is buffalo dip, and she is bisexual.

Extra(s): I had a lot of fun doing this! Thank you for the opportunity!

Also, can you PM me if I win her? Thank you!
dearfellowtraveler
I’m leaving the site. Anything that is unlocked in my trades or items is up for grabs. PM me for locked pets or C$
.Cas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby S-S-Sweets » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:56 am

Some donations for ya'll !! ^^

The third kiddo only.
    Username: S-S-Sweets
    Name of Character: Tae (Can be changed)
    Breed: N/A
    Species: Human
    Any Rules?:
    - Love them & take care of them,,,
    - Reference the original artist!
    - I received this character for free as a gift, so I'd prefer if the winner of this character didn't go off and sell it <3
    Credit: C0NTR0VERSY on DA!

Donatingyays

The forth kiddo only.
    Username: S-S-Sweets
    Name of Character: Mae (Can be changed)
    Breed: N/A
    Species: Human
    Any Rules?:
    - Love them & take care of them,,,
    - Reference the original artist!
    - I received this character for free as a gift, so I'd prefer if the winner of this character didn't go off and sell it <3
    Credit: C0NTR0VERSY on DA!

Donatingyays
┌────────┐

c

└────────┘
┌────────┐

c

└────────┘
S-S-Sweets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yellowpip1 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:18 am

Username: Yellowpip1
Kennel Number: 3
Use:

Name:
Species and/or Breed: Cat

Personality:

History:

Extra(s):
dearfellowtraveler

WIP
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Characters // My Fursona// My Pokemon// Human Characters // Orchardclan
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
-I tend to be reasonably normal, not standing out ridiculously from the crowd in any way.-

Hey its Yellow here! I have FINALLY graduated university in Wildlife Conservation, I love birds! feel free to pm me! :D
yellowpip1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:10 pm

MeltiTheDragon wrote:
    Former head mod and judge here. Just wanted to pop in to say that I changed my username from Diamondshine101 to MeltiTheDragon, and that there are a bunch of credits still listed under the old name. :3 Thanks for reading.

Ah, good to see you around! I'll have to go in and change that, had no idea your name changed <3

@S-S-Sweets - super cool characters! Thank you so much, will add them in.

Code drop will be the last day of March!
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MeltiTheDragon » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:38 pm

Sunlitsecrets wrote:
MeltiTheDragon wrote:

Ah, good to see you around! I'll have to go in and change that, had no idea your name changed <3

@S-S-Sweets - super cool characters! Thank you so much, will add them in.

Code drop will be the last day of March!

Thanks! :3 My name literally changed just a week or two ago.
Melti The Dragon
✚✚✚Autistic
✚✚✚Furry
✚✚✚Artist, Musician, Improv Comedian

If I've forgotten something, feel free to give me a little nudge!

I'm a Moderator for PS Adoptables! <3 Check them out! >>
Also, if you do decided to check it out, please consider noting I referred you!

Other Sites I'm On
{ Deviantart } ✚ { Furaffinity } ✚ { Toyhou.se }
{ Art Fight } ✚ { Refsheet } ✚ { Aywas }
Tracker Pages
{ Cascadeclan } ✚ { Sosna Gora } ✚ { Kingdom of Thorns }
{ Lucentclan } ✚ { Hlien Fuléao-anisth } ✚ { Sunset Bridge Business }

✚✚✚Formerly Known as Diamondshine101
    [C] - GreenGummies (sig art), sweathie (avatar)
MeltiTheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Antipathy » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:58 am

wasn't able to finish in time. sorry.
Last edited by Antipathy on Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Antipathy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raptocidic » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:49 pm

edit: ok more or less everything's been sorted out
Raptocidic