DCAC | free characters | closed, check new thread!

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Re: DCAC | free characters | closed (CODE DROP!)

Postby Eleya » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:28 am

First to say, thank you so much for Luca. I really fell for that little cat <3

Second, dont worry about giving Ivan to q1q2q3q4. I read through their form, and seriously, I would have awarded him to them. This form was amazing! So a huge congrats to q1q2q3q4!

Congrats also to all the others who won their character. I looked at some of the forms during this round, and they were all really good.
Eleya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: DCAC | free characters | closed (CODE DROP!)

Postby midnightwolfie666 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:09 am

q1q2q3q4 wrote:congrats everyone! tysm for Ivan. <3

also, i'm asking that my shaded headshot entry art for kennel #111 is not used. i will be editing and recoloring that art for Astris once i come across a different design that fits him. the reason why is that it took me a very long time to do and i don't want to have to completely redraw it. thanks for understanding. ^^'

this headshot may be used though, so long as i am credited (with a link to my profile).

Thank you so much for the art of Orca I love him and you had such a beautiful story too!!
We scream out, "What will save us?!". And the sky opened up...

Mods: blackforestchameleon and I are friends!
theyoungwolf118 and I are friends!
Eyelessjacky and I are friends!
Please don't ban!
midnightwolfie666

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: DCAC | free characters | CODE DROP!

Postby Guardian Angel Wolf » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:37 am

Sunlitsecrets wrote:Hello, everyone! There were quite a few competing forms this round and I agonized over who to choose for them (seriously you guys are just too good at writing these stories). In the end I had to choose, though, and after taking into account the opinions of the judges it's code drop time!

Kennel 60 (Lolikit Vondur) goes to Guardian Angel Wolf!
art credit unknown
Have I told you how much you've improved since your first form here? Seeing the growth in your writing skill is great to see. Lolikit is yours!

Thank you so much Sun, I'm having a really great time creating/writing these characters a history, personalities and more! I love each and every character I have won here, I will soon be making a book for these characters. I've been so busy in real life that I haven't been able to write any sort of story. I really appreciate you and everyone who has donated characters to DCAC|Free Characters! I can't wait to continue helping judging the forms as well as entering for characters!

To all entries last round! I want to say congrats to those who received a character(s) and to those who didn't receive a character(s) last round to keep up the good work, keep working at it and don't give up!
Guardian Angel Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: DCAC | free characters | open! + (CODE DROP!)

Postby SparkzTheShinx » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:25 am

Aaa thanks so much!! I would love to be pinged or PMed if you see any characters that could be counted as misfits of their species and I’ll happily apply for them :)
SparkzTheShinx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:27 am

I'm glad that you're all excited! The kennels have been updated and the new round is now open <3

I'll be posting a form in a few minutes myself. As always if there's anything I can do for you all let me know!

@Sparks - if any characters come in that are like that I'll certainly try to let you know, but I'm not perfect so I might forget. Still I will try my best!
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:47 am

no time for hesitation
we've got a whole world to see ;

Username: Well hello again! I'm Sunlitsecrets, the current owner of this place and guardian of about 310 beautiful characters. When I saw these three get donated I knew I had to try out for them. So here I am. Let's see how much I can write this month.
Kennel Number: 62
Species and/or Breed: All three are angel dragons!
Use: If I win them this beautiful trio will get an important place in my character world, a spot on my website, and lots of art and writing. I'm starting to plan out a book I'm going to write for NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) this November and these guys would fit perfectly!

Name: Clockwork
Nicknames? Clock

Birthday: July 31st

Personality: The inventor, the dreamer, and the one who keeps the little group going. The cheery fellow always has big dreams and he's a master at inspiring himself and others. One day he'll succeed - there's no other option for him, and he's determined to bring his siblings along. Clockwork keeps a silver coin on him at all times and loves doing coin tricks while he thinks.
. Perhaps he can get a bit too intense, a bit too wrapped up in his own head, but he loves the ideas he comes up with, the plans he has. One day he's going to go to the moons that rise above Silvarum every night, and come back with stardust for his sisters. In the meantime, he's been trying to learn the magic that can take him there, and while determined, Clock is fairly terrible at all the spells and potions.
. The dragon gets frustrated when his plans don't work out, but he pretends like he's okay when he's not. He really doesn't want anyone else to worry about him, which means he keeps all his emotions inside himself for fear of hurting others. It's definitely not a healthy way to cope, and one day he'll have to learn how to talk about it with other people... but today is not that day. Maybe in a month. Or two. Or a year.

Name: Mintley
Nicknames? Minty

Personality: Oh, Mintley. Her siblings always say she's too curious for her own good, but she doesn't listen, doesn't care, not when there's new things to find. She loves wandering out on her own and finding different kinds of leaves and flowers, loves the feel of tiny blades of grass underneath her paws. She keeps a thick journal full of pressed flowers and all her little ramblings she thinks about in the early hours of the morning, when the rest of the world is asleep. She sees beauty in everything, and adores all the little hidden pieces of the world. There's something very special about the quiet, one that her brother and sister, as nice as they are, don't seem to understand when they find her wandering off.
. Mintley is very in her own head, often goes on little journeys of her own, but surprisingly she's never been lost. She has a very keen sense of direction and a very deep empathy - she's the one who cries when someone else does, and the dragon would gladly to anything to help a friend.
. While very clumsy and very bad at flying, she doesn't let that stop her. Mintley appreciates the journey, no matter how difficult it is, and her optimism encourages Clock and Neo every day.

Name: Neo
Nicknames? none

Personality:
Neo is a bit odd at first look when you notice all the tiny woodland creatures surrounding her. Butterflies, field mice, frogs, even the occasional snake. She knows the language of the forest, and uses it to talk to the beings that wouldn't be heard otherwise. This leads to her great love for the smaller creatures of the land, and she'll often run up to Mintley and Clockwork with a bird in her hands, going on about what it's told her.
. She is very much naive with the world around her, so much so that she would stumble into danger quite easily were her siblings not around to keep her safe. All that matters to her is that she is safe, and so is her family, and if that is true then things will be okay.
. Neo definitely has a better grasp on magic than Clockwork, and she's not even trying. All she knows is that sometimes, when it's dark at night and she's afraid, the tip of her tail will start glowing like the fireflies, or if she's in danger she might close her eyes and find herself teleported a safe distance away. She doesn't know how to make these things happen... they just do, no matter how many questions her brother asks her about it.
. She hopes one day she'll find an answer.

History:
Born on the dragon island of Twinleaf, the three siblings were isolated from the main continent of the world, as all dragons had been for centuries. This was a simple beginning and the three constantly explored, constantly got into trouble... but every island starts to feel small after a while.

At the age of 20, as soon as Clockwork knew they'd be able to make it out there, the three ran away from everything they knew and made it to a small island just off the mainland, from where they figured they could learn more about the Silvarians before just charging in. The dragons passed down endless rumors of the dangers of others, after all. This was a risky endeavor.

So they started off small. Mintley found a decent cave and with some items that Clockwork conveniently 'found' in a coastline village late at night, they made themselves a home. But one of the items that the dragon had stole caught Clockwork's eye. It was a book of magic spells.

Invisibility spells, ways to teleport, heal, do almost anything - Clock was instantly hooked at the idea of power. He spent weeks pouring over the information but could never figure it out. Neo, on the other hand, got it almost instantly, instinctively. It was a sharp blow to the dragon that always thought of himself as the smartest fellow around, so he dug deeper. He practiced late into the night, tried to sneak into the town some more, steal more books, potion ingredients... until one day, Clockwork got himself caught, and his siblings had no choice but to try and rescue him.

That's when the winged red panda of legend appeared - the ancient time traveler from endless tales - and whisked them all along on a new adventure. But that's a story for another time.

- - - -

History cuts off here because I intend to write them into my November book! Basically, my character Basil rescues them because he's in the area and time period looking for a special piece of the Blue, the pocket watch split into many pieces that allows time travel, that he heard in the present day had been lost long ago. To get another piece of time travel is to keep the antagonist of my universe, Malorin, from becoming more powerful and causing more chaos.

They head out with Basil because Clockwork is sure that this powerful form of magic is all he needs to protect his siblings, to be everything he's ever wanted to be, but throughout the adventure, he realizes he has to make a choice between power and his family. This comes to a head when Malorin himself confronts Clock with promises of knowledge and wisdom and the dragon very very nearly says yes.

At the end of all the chaos he and his siblings get a house in the small town at the edge of the sea, and while Clockwork never learns any magic, he's happy to just be with Mintley and Neo.

(As you can see Clockwork is definitely the main of the trio, but I love them all very dearly).

howisitalreadyaugust
Last edited by Sunlitsecrets on Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SkywardtheDragon » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:11 am

If I want to write more for a character I tried out for last time, should I re-post the form?
Lights off!

ProtectImagePickles

SkywardtheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ❀∂σvεғαүε❀ » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:25 am

Username:Jemima
Name of Character: You choose! c:
Breed: Kitten (not sure what breed she is)
Species: Feline
Any Rules?:
- You may change her design, but only a little bit.
- Give her lots of love! <3
- Be active with her.
Credit (Design, LA, etc.): LA & Design by me! :D
Donatingyays
This account remains because I am sentimental.
Been here since 2016. My zebra is NOT for trade
may give away pets occasionally! ovo)b
semi-quitting (still here and will give away the pets im not sentimental about, but not active at all)
please DO NOT gift me back!!
❀∂σvεғαүε❀

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:13 am

SkywardtheDragon wrote:If I want to write more for a character I tried out for last time, should I re-post the form?

yes! Please do re-post your form and change the codeword to the one from this round!

@Jemima - thank you so much for the donation! I'll add it up straight away <3
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shibeboi » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:39 pm

Reserving for kennel 23
shibeboi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me