Legendary Kalon Readopt

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Re: Legendary Kalon Readopt

Postby Yuroshi » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:14 pm

Username: yuroshi
Name: Bourne
Personality:
Bourne is quiet, withdrawn... he is an observer through and through. Of course, he has emotions, and they are grand and limitless, but as an immortal he knows that he cannot act on them like he might wish to. He has knowledge and wisdom abundant, but is both blessed and cursed because of it. It is hard for him to be the broken observer he is, but he is still in his entirety, and whole. For as much pain he has been forced to witness, to feel as acutely as the people who firsthand feel that suffering... he also witnesses good. He sees the growth beyond the pain, the sprouts pushing through cracks in concrete, and this lets him smile on, rare though it may be. Often, he finds himself trapped within apathy, lest the cracks in him become far too large and break him. As strong and as tough as he is, even an immortal, when alone, cannot deal with all the suffering, all the knowledge. He longs for someone by his side to help him feel whole more permanently... and recently he has found someone. Someone who inspires him, cares for him. Someone who reminds him of all that is good. And now? Bourne has the will to fight on...

AU:
He lives in a world where magic is real, admittedly so, but it is not often viewed in a positive light. The Wild Magic often rebels against the bulk of the people, created and tainted by selfish and cruel desires. Those born with magic have the option to join a militia run by the King’s cruel hand, in his effort to prevent himself from ever losing power, or they must hide the fact that their powers exist, lest the king and his army hunt the Magicals down. It is cruel, that the few pure ones blessed by an uncorrupted magic are forced to face this, but it is, for now, what they deal with... though rumors of a rebellious faction of Magicals have begun to rise.
Yet, Bourne himself is not one of these born Magicals like the others. No, he has been around far, far longer. He grew up in a time when Magic had not been hurt so deeply by her people, when she often chose many to love and protect. He was not the only immortal then, but as time went on, he began to lose track of the others... as the bond with Magic began to crack, when the others began to take her Chosen- all were magical, then, but some Magicals let themselves be ruined by jealousy... and rather than rejoice in their friends becoming Immortals, they resented... immortals cannot die, but they can be killed. And Magic wept for the loss of her children by the hands of their siblings. She punished the corrupt ones by stripping them of their own gifts... and eventually, her children became oddities, rather than commonplace like they were before.
Bourne lives and remembers all of this, and he weeps often for the loss that Magic has faced... but he has not lost home completely. With the Magicals being born now, he has begun to think that his time as a Watcher is nearing its end. Perhaps he will interfere, now... and restore Magic’s children to what they once were.

Bourne has heard of the Magical’s resistance, and subtly helps whenever he is able, now. His ability to use the gift Magic gave him is... less restrictive than most of the others. He is one of her first children, and with him she shared nearly all of herself- when he asks for the ability to do something, rarely is he ever refused. Most Magicals have one “spell” which they can master, but he has access to nearly any powers imaginable. It is not hard for him to fly high above the others, subtly making sure a pursuing guard trips just enough to let them escape, or drawing in a fog to hide the appearance of his little brothers and sisters. But his power is limited- with it, he must never harm his siblings, not that he would ever want to... still, this leaves him with more reason to stay hidden within the clouds, helping only in the most subtle and shy ways. Still, his decision to help the Magicals has paid off, and they know that someone is there. Now, hardly any seem to get caught or lose their lives, strange and unexplainable natural phenomena protecting them... some say that there is a God of Magic who has descended to help their cause. Some worship him, remembering the tales of the Immortals... some fear him, thinking that he has descended for revenge. But to the little girl that he now carries upon his back, gently whispering stories of Magic and her wonder, Bourne is none of these things.

To her, Bourne is a guardian angel that saved her when her mother was taken. To her, he is the storyteller with the ability to capture his audience like no other (even if the audience includes birds and fish!). To her, Bourne is the strong but gentle back that she knows she can always rest on.... To Kismet, Bourne is just a big brother who she knows is always there for her. The fact that he has wings, and a gift with Magic unlike any seen before is irrelevant to her adoration.
And to Bourne? Kismet is the little sister, the family he has missed every day and so much more. She loves him for who he is, regardless of his Magic, and he returns that love tenfold. She is the grounding force in his life, the reason he has changed his mind and begun to help once more. To Bourne, Kismet is everything good in the world wrapped up in one child-sized bundle... and her goodness reminds him that for all of the evil and cruelty, there are still people worth fighting for.

Further ideas:
Meets with Pockets and tries to subtly help him find his brother by strengthening the magic bond between their bracelets... he and Kismet get caught by Siri, as he is able to clearly see magic, and help nurse him back to health. They leave after helping the brothers on their quest to reunite, but suggest that they travel to the Timeless Forest and ask the druids within for safety until they are confident enough, promising to return.... with backup. Siri offers his power to help Bourne track down the others, and thus begins a quest to track down the Lonely Magicals, amassing their own Resistance separate to the one opposing the king... starting with Xiomar
Last edited by Yuroshi on Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:27 am, edited 4 times in total.
Yuroshi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Werecat » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:58 pm

Hello! i’m am going to extend this competition to the 29th 6pm EST. Any forms posted or edited after that time will be disqualified whether I close the competition formally or not.

♥️
Werecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Werecat » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:19 pm

Sorry for the slight delay but after reading over everyones forms the winner of Seraphina is
      Imperials
      I love the world development and that story of how she is born into the world is fantastic!
      I'm also a big sucker for sun & moon characters, esp ones that go from enemies to lovers. you managed
      to hit every one of my weak points when it comes to characters jgdjdf

I also loved two other forms!
      the runner ups for this comp, which will be receiving a chibi fullbody from me
      (please pm me with a character you want a chibi of+ a pose!)
      are yuroshi & Knickknacks
      I loved both of these ideas, and if I had the money to buy myos for the RU's I definitely would have!
      Yuroshi;;
      Im a huge sucker for forbidden magic and the idea of such a reserved kalon carrying a kit on his back is so sweet
      to me. I also deeply enjoy the sobering take you took on magic, as I often see au's where magic is a gift that is
      celebrated but to see where magic is instead hunted down is chefs kiss, 10/10

Knickknacks;;
      first of all! I love that name that you picked out, short and straight to the point lol. I also Adore your au!
      esp the idea of a soul weaver! I've never seen anything quite like it and I would honestly love to see what you do
      with this au in the future! and ghfhgf I love the idea of her freaking out when she sees her soulmate for the first time

thank you all for entering and although late, have a happy new year <3
Werecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby imperials » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:16 am

SOB I SAW THIS LAST NIGHT BUT I WAS TOO TIRED TO POST

thank you so much !! i'm so happy with how my form came out and the development of the
world that i came up with, again, thank you so much <3 <3 !!
imperials

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me