DCAC :: Free Characters! :: Open

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Looking To Hire A Mod And A Judge Or Two. Interested?

Yes! I'd love to work here!
53%
Nah, I'm just interested in adopting.
19%
Really depends on if I have time!
28%

Total votes : 53

Marinus ~

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:56 am

Username: Sunlitsecrets
Kennel Number: 33
Use: Since I got into the character thing half a year ago, I've always been trying to grow my character family. So when I saw your post on the CAAA thread advertising this place, I decided to take a look at the characters available, and Marinus instantly got my attention. The markings on his face remind me of a kraken, and the way I can see his head behind his ear - like he's a ghost - is really neat. I'm in love.
If I win him he'll recieve a lot of art, love, and space in my imagination. I have several characters who live by the sea or are pirates, so he'll definitely have some people to haunt :3

Name: Marinus
Name meaning: of the sea
Nicknames: none

Age: equivalent of a 35 year old human when he died. Currently 533
Species and/or Breed: ghost dog
Birthday: June 30

Personality: Being around Marinus can often make you feel a bit down. There's an air of gloom around him these days, like a storm of dark clouds off the coast. It's almost like the air gets colder around him. It's rare to see a smile on his face. He doesn't intend to make you feel sad, however. Yes, although Marinus is often sad, he loves seeing everyone else being the opposite.
His favorite thing to do is try to cheer others up, in his own way. He's brilliant at making seaweed sculptures, and although he no longer can touch anything (his paws go right through. That's the trouble of being a ghost) he'd definitely be willing to teach you how to create something. When others he knows are feeling joyful, he feels better himself, even though it may not look like it.
He's a bit slow - but not in a bad way. He's just not in a hurry to get anywhere. Nothing seems to worry him that much - he takes things as they come, one day at a time, and doesn't worry about the future.

History:
"You know, I don't really know why I'm telling you all this. I wish you would stop bothering me. But if you're so determined... fine. I'll tell you what happened to this poor old ghost."
Marinus was a sailor. Well, he didn't actually sail a ship - the humans he traveled with did that bit - but he considered himself every bit as important as the captain. He kept morale high. If a sailor was feeling down, he'd run over and lick him until he felt better. When he wasn't doing that, he was running around the deck, keeping an eye on things, or looking at the sky, or towards their destination. All the humans loved him. It was wonderful.
They were a merchant ship. They were given cargo at one port, they brought it safely to a different port, and they were paid for the job. Most of the time it was very simple. Other times the captain and whoever he was doing business with got into arguments. Marinus would watch from the ship, eyes narrowed in worry. But the situations always resolved themselves. Cargo that was too much to carry all at once was taken in two trips (with twice the payment). Arguments turned into friendly conversations. Marinus decided things would always work out. And they did. Except the one time they didn't.
The ship was docked at port, with no plans to leave any time soon, so Marinus had headed ashore in hopes of just getting away from everything for a while. After ages of being stuck on the same ship, he just needed a little adventure before they headed off again.
Marinus wandered here and there. He didn't have a set destination - wherever he felt like going at the time, there he went. He stopped at a marketplace to look at some fruit. He met some other dogs and the had a jolly good time playing tag. It was a brilliant time. As the sun was setting and he decided to start heading back, he turned and ran right into someone.
"Sorry," he barked, looking up. Oh, it was a human. So they couldn't understand him. This human looked terrifying. He had an eyepatch and a mean glint in his eye and a very large sword.
"Just be more careful next time," the man replied gruffly, and Marinus paused for a moment. Replied. Like... he could understand animals? How strange. Another reason not to like this guy. Marinus got out of his way very fast, and practically ran the whole way back to the ship.
The next morning he awoke to hear the sounds of an argument outside. Not again, he thought in dismay, but still he hurried onto the main deck to see who it was. His gaze landed on his captain, and... the scary person he'd ran into the day before.
"I need you to transport this!"
"I don't accept transport of things I'm not allowed to see!"
"Well, you do for me!"
"Why, who are you?"
"...I'm afraid I can't tell you."
"Then I'm even more against this. Mystery cargo, mystery person... what's next, mystery destination? How will we know how to go somewhere if you don't tell us where?"
Marinus sighed, and turned away from the scene, towards the other end of the deck. The captain would make things work. Maybe, for once, he wouldn't accept the job. That would be nice. He went below deck, determined to forget about the whole thing. In an hour, the mysterious merchant would be gone.
But somehow the cargo was accepted, and the ship set off two days later. Marinus didn't like it, but he managed to remain cheerful. A few days of sailing, and he felt entirely back to his usual energetic self.
Five days into the voyage, Marinus was resting in the shade of some barrels on the deck when he heard a shout from the crow's nest above: "Incoming ship!" He looked up, saw the pointing hand, and looked in that direction. There was indeed another ship, and it was approaching at a very fast speed.
As the ship grew closer and closer, suddenly there was a sound. Bang! The other ship was firing their cannons at them! Oh, dear. This was bad. This was very, very bad. Marinus's ship was a merchant ship. It wasn't equipped for fighting off pirates. They tried to sail away, but there were too many holes in the hull, and water was pouring in. The pirate ship was barely 50 feet away now. The crew on board it fired all the cannons again. Bang! One of the cannonballs hit the deck right next to Marinus, and he was thrown overboard.
He struggled to stay afloat in the water as he watched the pirates board the ship. One face in particular he recognized - it was the one who'd sent them on the voyage! "You traitor," he whispered to himself, before a falling piece of mast fell on top of him and he knew no more.

Or did he? Somehow, Marinus woke up again. Except he wasn't alive anymore. Marinus had become a ghost. He thought this might be good at first - it would let him get revenge on those who had captured his ship and his human friends. But after so many years of scaring people (apparently people don't think of ghosts as nice), and not having a real friend, he felt quite gloomy. Now he's become a lot quieter, and a lot kinder to everyone and everything he meets.

Art:
by me
Thirdtimesthecharm
Last edited by Sunlitsecrets on Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:22 am, edited 13 times in total.
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: DCAC :: Free Characters!

Postby Magnaskies » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:54 am

I decided to apply for another char, 'cause why not. o3o

Username: Chasing Reality
Kennel Number: 1
Species and/or Breed: Shark Cat
Use: Might make him my fursona *^* Plus give lots of love and affection, and make art. -w-
Name: Chase
Personality: Chase is sweet, friendly, and loves to play. He must be part chicken because he's usually always scared of something.
History: Chase was born as a shark cat, but an incident in his life made him unable to swim and breathe underwater.
Extra:
Thirdtimesthecharm
Chase opened his eyes slightly, his vision was blurry and all he could see was bright light. He closed them immediately and brought his paw up to his aching head. Ow.. where am I? Opening them once more, he looked around while his vision adjusted to the lighting. A basement, a lab maybe? Am I back in the lab? He panicked, struggling to stand up. His tail swished around and knocked a machine off the table, but it pulled him down with it. He slammed hard on the ground, wincing from the pain. He heard someone come in while he was trying to stay conscious, they 'unplugged' him from the machine and then he fell unconscious. Waking up in a strange environment he opened his eyes which immediately drifted to a pond not to far away. He crawled towards it, then started running for it. Once he was close enough he plunged into the water, diving. He opened his eyes in the water seeing fish storm by and moved his tail which gave him a great boost forward. This is strange.. He thought, looking around at the bottom of the pond. He could breathe underwater again, and his tail was able to move. Is this a dream? He smiled and even laughed under the water, he was so happy. Finally! Chase felt a tap on his shoulder and turned around to look who disturbed him. There was another shark cat, a pretty tiger shark cat named Audrey. Chase and Audrey became great friends, inseparable even. The End.
Last edited by Magnaskies on Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Indefinite hiatus, I'm sorry!
Magnaskies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blackbirds » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:30 pm

Username: Noxyum
Kennel Number: 30
Species and/or Breed: Human
Use: Book Character/OC
Name: Obsidian Crimson
Personality: Cold, Stoic, Funny
History: A cold night on December, the 13th, to be exact, a young boy was borne. His mother died in childbirth, leaving him with an alcoholic father to take care of him. Obsidian Crimson was the name the nurses gave him, matching the rock and the color with his eyes. The next year was a long one. His father was arrested for Child Abuse, his sister ended up getting shot because she wouldn't join a gang, and his mother, who was dead, is dead. Now; you might be asking what this is for Obsidian, it means nothing because he was only one. It is just needed for everyone to know his first year.

The next few years were easy for Obsidian, with only getting kicked out of around seven foster homes in seven years. By now, Obsidian knew he was different from the other kids. He had stumps of horns growing on his head, and always wore a hat, sunglasses, and long pants with a sweatshirt. Obsidian was ruled out as a freak. Then he ran away. He ran from all of the people who hated him, who laughed at him, and ran into Luna. She was a kind girl, showing him how to control his powers, and fit in with normal people.
Extra:
Thirdtimesthecharm
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
Blackbirds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Darkest.Nation » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:55 pm

Username:
Darkest.Nation
Kennel Number:
Species and/or Breed:
Canine/Peacock hybrid?
Use:
To adore, develop, get art for, and show off!
Name:
Charm
Personality:
She's still a puppy, so it's kinda hard to tell, but what we do know is that she is a happy, energetic, curious puppy!
Food, naps, rainbows, nature, birds of all kinds, rainshowers.
Dislikes
Colors black and red, wind (lifts her feathery butt up in the air and she doesn't like that!), super hot sun.
History:
Extra:
Thirdtimesthecharm
Last edited by Darkest.Nation on Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Character Page
[ My past usernames were Invisiblemoonlight14, Water For Elephants, & Fly.With.Me. Please don't use. ]
ImageImageImage
Darkest.Nation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ぽうひ » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:01 am

Username: Kuro_Neko
Kennel Number: 14
Species and/or Breed: Canine [species], b/a [breed]
Use: I get OCs usually to just draw them in my free time or get commissions of them. I really liked this one because of her pastel colors! <3
Name: April
Personality: She's a very hyper pup. With her energy, though, she is usually perceived as younger than she is. She doesn't mind though, because she knows it isn't all about opinion, but about having fun, as she puts it.
History: April used to be a misunderstood pup. A sad pup. A quiet pup. [~WIP~]
Extra: (Art wip?)
Thirdtimesthecharm
hiiiii call me pouhi
any prns
Image <- click for my   page
mostly just here for forums + oekaki

ImageImageImageImageImage

v say hi to my rhat army v

ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
ぽうひ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ▸Atlas. » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:43 am

Bump
𝐻𝑒𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒, 𝐼'𝓂 ▸𝒜𝓉𝓁𝒶𝓈.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
𝒩𝑜𝓃-𝒷𝒾𝓃𝒶𝓇𝓎 ▸ 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓎/𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓂 ▸ 𝒶𝒹𝓊𝓁𝓉
𝐵𝒾-𝒢𝓇𝒶𝓎𝓈𝑒𝓍𝓊𝒶𝓁 ▸ 𝐵𝒾-𝒜𝓇𝑜𝒻𝓁𝓊𝓍

If you were prominent in the user-made adoptable
community way back in 2012-2015, you probably
remember me as Dovepawlover!

I'm looking to exchange C$ and rare+ pets for
character (humanoid) artwork. PM me!

𝒫𝒮 𝒜𝒹𝑜𝓅𝓉𝒶𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓈𝒯𝑜𝓎𝒽𝑜𝓊.𝓈𝑒𝐹𝓁𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝑅𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔

𝒰𝓃𝓉𝒾𝓁 𝓃𝑒𝓍𝓉 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒 ☆
Aesthetic sources: x & x
▸Atlas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ▸Atlas. » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:15 am

Bump
𝐻𝑒𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒, 𝐼'𝓂 ▸𝒜𝓉𝓁𝒶𝓈.

𝒰𝓃𝓉𝒾𝓁 𝓃𝑒𝓍𝓉 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒 ☆
▸Atlas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ▸Atlas. » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:35 am

Bump
𝐻𝑒𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒, 𝐼'𝓂 ▸𝒜𝓉𝓁𝒶𝓈.

𝒰𝓃𝓉𝒾𝓁 𝓃𝑒𝓍𝓉 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒 ☆
▸Atlas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ▸Atlas. » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:43 am

Bump
𝐻𝑒𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒, 𝐼'𝓂 ▸𝒜𝓉𝓁𝒶𝓈.

𝒰𝓃𝓉𝒾𝓁 𝓃𝑒𝓍𝓉 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒 ☆
▸Atlas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cloudflame » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:51 am

Username: Cloudflame
Kennel Number: 16
Species and/or Breed: Snow Leopard
Use: Roleplay on HYbrid, a leopard RPG, or as a mascot.
Name: Mordekai
Personality: Firecely loyal and curious, Kai is only shown growling because he thinks you could be a threat to his family. He`s curious and young, and his green eyes dance with a passionate, intelligent fire.
History: Unlike most leopards, Kai still lives with his family in the frozen North. He is the provider for his mother and siblings of a different litter, and won`t lwave them until they`ve grown up.
Extra: I really love this guy. So much.
Thirdtimesthecharm
Cloudflame

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me