DCAC :: Free Characters! :: Open

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Looking To Hire A Mod And A Judge Or Two. Interested?

Yes! I'd love to work here!
53%
Nah, I'm just interested in adopting.
19%
Really depends on if I have time!
28%

Total votes : 53

Re: D's Character Adoption Center :: DCAC :: Free Characters

Postby booklover789 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:16 am

Dovepawlover wrote:
LoSt In PrOgReS wrote:if they are still a WIP after 3 months they are never going to be finished

just saying

That's not necessarily true ^^. I've taken five months to complete a form before on another character adopt (though I admit, I went a little overboard with it, haha). Some people just need a little extra time to get things how they want it c:

Agreed. I once took well over three months to complete a form for another character with a different adoption agency (SCAA) here on CS. I just take a long time to write, personally, what with my hectic real-life schedule with college, Honors Society, volunteering, and scholarship applications. Sometimes I need that extra time, because real-life instances prohibit me from putting time towards characters I love and want to adopt. :)
I’m dealing with extensive medical issues and some medical testing to try to figure out said issues. If I am scarce on here, that's why.

♪♫ Try to lock me in this cage. I won't just lay me down and die. I will take these broken wings, and watch me burn across the sky! ♫♪

Please send me a PM if you add me in PokemonGo!

Arovague Greyaromantic Androromantic
Requisexual Greysexual Demi-Androsexual Acespike Aceflux
Non-binary Agenderflux Fluidflux Versandrogyne

ImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image

booklover789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby horselover3302 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:54 am

There are posts from November that are "WIP" I think these people forgot about this...
horselover3302

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

RE: D's Character Adoption Center :: DCAC :: Free Characters

Postby ABeardedDragon » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:55 pm

Username: ABearded Dragon
Kennel Number: 16
Why I want them:
First of all, I absolutely love dragons. I think most of it
is her design though. Her colour is my favourite and I
love her wings especially. I like the different shades of
blue. She reminds me of space, which is something
that I find beautiful. It's also something me and my
love both enjoy, so it's something special to us.
Use:
I would possibly like to use her in a roleplay, I'm already
in one with another one of my characters. I'd also like
to use her in stories with my other characters.
I would also like her to be mates with my dragon, Sage.
One of the things I'd love are their babies! I'm not going
to spam adoptables with them though. I'd also like to
make art of her and Sage to practice drawing dragons.
Name: Nebula - Named for her
colour that reminds me of a nebula

Species and/or Breed: Western Dragon
Element: - Space/Time
stories and the unknown.
Dislikes: Crowds, elders, fighting and
swimming.
Abilities:
Nebula is a space elemental dragon. She isn't
powerful enough to be able to control time, but she
does have the ability to see in different times. The
dragon can read others' futures, although only quite
vaguely. She has an unusual excellence in looking
into the past, and can see others' memories quite
clearly, but the one she is reading must remember
their own memories.

Favourites wrote:Favourite Colour: Blue, of course.
Favourite Food: Bubblegum flavoured ice-cream.
Favourite Animal: Kangaroo. Energetic like her and they look funny.
Favourite Letter: Z
Favourite Number: 16
Favourite Season: Spring. Not too cold, not too warm.
Favourite Day of the Week: Thursday.
Favourite Holiday: Easter. She loves sugar.
Favourite Outside Activity: Adventures!
Favourite Inside Activity: Hide and seek. Honestly.

Personality:
Nebula is quite confident and will often greet anyone she comes across. This combined with her extremely energetic personality can make for a strange first meeting, and possible even make her a little annoying. However, most people and creatures have learned to accept this and can tolerate her behaviour. It is quite rare to see Nebula upset. She is almost always a happy and bubbly dragon.

She is also very curious. Of course, this along with her confidence makes her prone to exploring new things and adventuring. This can lead to a few problems every now and again, as she sometimes explores in places she shouldn't. Nebula is impatient. On top of this, she struggles cheer up others that aren't close to her. Even if she is the happiest dragon ever seen. Although she may be confident, one of her fears is of crowds; she is fine with small groups and individuals.
Helen Keller wrote:Life is either a great adventure or nothing.

Nebula was born from stardust, which makes her a divine dragon. Divine dragons are rarely created by mating, but by phenomenons. She lived in a flight of other divine dragons, gods in the eyes of lower dragons. She lived there for the majority of her life, up until she was about 130 years old, which is just below dragon maturity. There wasn't really anything interesting for her in the flight. Most of the dragons were old and grumpy; they never did anything. She eventually got tired of living among the clouds with her flight. She started to sneak away to explore away from the flight. This got more regular and she traveled further each time. Of course, this was forbidden by the flight as they didn't want humans and dragons to meet, especially when the dragon is divine.

After finding out about Nebula's visits, the elders of her flight decided to warn her to stop. She did not obey this as she loved her adventures and being away from her boring flight. Because she wouldn't stop her adventures, she was banished from the flight. They couldn't risk her bringing humans back to their lair. Nebula wasn't too bothered about being banished, she never liked it there anyway. However, it meant that she couldn't become as powerful as she could; divine dragons only gain power when with other divine dragons. She already knew some of her powers, taught to her by the flight leader, and she was quite happy with them. The only tempting things was being able to time travel and possibly teleporting far distances. Just things to help her with her journeys. Now that she was banished, she had to find a new place to call home.

After five years of wandering and a few close encounters with humans, she finally chose a place to settle down. Deep in the bamboo forests of Japan, far away from humans. Her reason was because she liked hearing stories of Eastern dragons from the people she often followed, although they never noticed her. It was something she found interesting because she had never heard of an Eastern dragon before. She was also quite a small dragon, at the time she was only a juvenile, around 90 years old. She managed to stay hidden for another 10 years.

And then they found her. A lone green dragon wandered the forest. He was taller than her but slimmer. She watched him but he was quite clearly a Western dragon. Nebula hadn't seen another dragon in years. So she approached him.
"Hi!" the dragon greeted him, bounding towards him in excitement. The green dragon hissed and faced her, ready to defend himself. This scared her and made her back away slightly. "I'm sorry!"
"You should be more careful next time," the male said as he sat and curled his tail around himself, "what is a dragon like you doing here? Are you lost?"
"I live here," she replied, "I was banished from my flight. I do get lonely though." The dragon stared at her in disbelief for a moment. This wasn't a place you'd expect to find Western dragons.
"I'm sorry about how sudden this is, but, why don't you come home with me?" The dragon looked at her with pleading eyes, "I live on a hidden island that is protected by my human."
"Human?" she exclaimed. She started to shake. Her flight had always told her they were dangerous. That they wanted to wipe out the dragons. They didn't appreciate the dragons because of the actions of a minority.
"My human is not like the others," he explained calmly, "like I said, they protect me and the rest of the island's inhabitants. It's a sanctuary, I suppose."

And then, a human emerged from the thick forest while they were distracted. The blue dragon noticed the new human and fled, hiding behind the male dragon. However, he simply laughed and flicked his tail.
"As I was saying," the male smiled. Nebula peeked from behind him to look at the human. A female. There's something certainly different about this one, she thought to herself. Unnatural red hair. Green eyes. Average size. Decent taste in clothing, in her opinion. The difference? Just an arm covered in dragon scales with large claws, and slitted pupils. Oh, and a weird wingless dragon thing. Lizards, she thought they were called. The large white one jumped off and climbed on Sage, sitting facing the new dragon. Her red eyes stared into Nebula's green ones.
"Sage," the human smiled, "do we have a new friend?" The green dragon looked back at the female, with his pleading eyes once more. Nebula nodded slightly. It was better than being alone out here. She understood the human but could not speak her language. Earlier she was speaking in dragon language to Sage.
"What this thing?" She tried to say as clearly as possible as she looked at the white lizard in front of her. It was difficult for her to speak like the humans.
"I am a green iguana, thank you very much!" The lizard said. The dragon was surprised it could talk. With that, she turned around and whipped the dragon on the nose with her tail. But you're white, she thought and confused herself.
"Don't mind Eira; that's normal," the dragon and human said together. The human looked at Sage, in a strange way that he seemed to understand. The dragon stood. With the iguana digging her claws into his back to hang on, of course.
"We should be leaving now," she said to the blue dragon, "come home with us if you wish."
With nothing else, the trio took flight. Nebula hesitated for a moment. She looked around before following after them.

They soon arrived at an island. It was invisible to Nebula at first. But the human used magic to allow Nebula to see and enter the island. It had a volcano in the middle, which looked dangerous. Although, they wouldn't be living here if it wasn't safe. Plus the human had magic. So she assumed it was safe. There were various habitats spread out across the island. A fairly small house was stood in a meadow. The four of them landed there.
"So, welcome to the family..." said the human before she paused and looked puzzled.
"Oh, how rude of me. What is your name?" Sage asked.
"Nebula," she replied. It made a wide smile spread across her face. She had always loved her name; it was so beautiful.
"Allow me to show you around," he said. His lair was quite the sight. Surrounded by dense forest was a cave with holes in the ceiling. Rays of light would shine down onto his large oak tree that stood proud in the center. It was on an island, surrounded by a lake. Sturdy lilly-pads and stepping stones made a path to his tree. In the water circled his prized koi fish. It was currently the only dragon lair on the island since Sage was the only dragon. However, she was more than willing to share this lair.

As time passed by, Sage and Nebula bonded. Both have them had been separated from other dragons for so long that they felt the need to be so close to each other. Eventually, they decided to become mates. Their owner was delighted for this, as dragons were quite rare due to them being almost hunted to extinction. And besides, who wouldn't want to see some hatchlings? Oddly, Nebula bonded to Eira the iguana as well. She wasn't the kindest lizard but Nebula enjoyed her company. Although her whips, bites and scratches hurt, Eira was harmless to her; this made it funny sometimes. The dragon even started to call her 'little dragon' because she certainly had the attitude of the classic dragon.

Lines by sugarpoultry on DA // Coloured by ABeardedDragon on CS
Lines here: http://sugarpoultry.deviantart.com/art/Dragon-Lineart-Template-2-499740869
I've never done a reference before and I'm not sure if her colours/markings are off. It looks fine on my laptop but almost black on mobile?
Art by hinatashouyou on CS // wandamaximoffs on DA
Art by LaurelLeaf on CS // LittleLibra-XIII on DA
Waiting on one piece of art.

Sage's page on my character site
Eira's page
Haven't designed my human yet, sorry. But she's based off me so I know? Site is a huge WIP.

Headers are from http://www.fontspace.com
Nebula (space) divider is from http://hubblesite.org/gallery/
Thirdtimesthecharm
Last edited by ABeardedDragon on Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ABeardedDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ▸Atlas. » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:04 pm

Hey guys! Just a quick notice; the code drop will be held on April 14th. All forms need to be finished and-or posted by then c:
𝐻𝑒𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒, 𝐼'𝓂 ▸𝒜𝓉𝓁𝒶𝓈.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
𝒩𝑜𝓃-𝒷𝒾𝓃𝒶𝓇𝓎 ▸ 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓎/𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓂 ▸ 𝒶𝒹𝓊𝓁𝓉
𝐵𝒾-𝒢𝓇𝒶𝓎𝓈𝑒𝓍𝓊𝒶𝓁 ▸ 𝐵𝒾-𝒜𝓇𝑜𝒻𝓁𝓊𝓍

If you were prominent in the user-made adoptable
community way back in 2012-2015, you probably
remember me as Dovepawlover!

I'm looking to exchange C$ and rare+ pets for
character (humanoid) artwork. PM me!

𝒫𝒮 𝒜𝒹𝑜𝓅𝓉𝒶𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓈𝒯𝑜𝓎𝒽𝑜𝓊.𝓈𝑒𝐹𝓁𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝑅𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔

𝒰𝓃𝓉𝒾𝓁 𝓃𝑒𝓍𝓉 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒 ☆
Aesthetic sources: x & x
▸Atlas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby horselover3302 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:30 am

Username: horselover3302
Kennel Number: 29
Species and/or Breed: American Shorthair Guineapig
Use: breeding, rps, and art
Name: daisy
Personality: kind, gentile, motherly
History: Daisy was rescued from a pound where she was next in line to be put down. Before then, she was owned by a little boy who loved her very much and hated seeing her in a cage so he let Daisy go outside. Daisy was very sad and wanted to see the boy again. She was adopted by another boy who only wanted a pet to impress a girl. When it didnt work, he gave her to the shelter.
Extra:
Thirdtimesthecharm
Last edited by horselover3302 on Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
horselover3302

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ▸Atlas. » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:55 am

Hey guys! Just a notice, the code drop will be held in a few days<3 Forms need to be finished up and/or posted soon!
𝐻𝑒𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒, 𝐼'𝓂 ▸𝒜𝓉𝓁𝒶𝓈.

𝒰𝓃𝓉𝒾𝓁 𝓃𝑒𝓍𝓉 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒 ☆
▸Atlas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ▸Atlas. » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:27 am

The code drop will be held tomorrow afternoon/night, everyone!
Now's the time to finish forms, and post them if you haven't already c:
𝐻𝑒𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒, 𝐼'𝓂 ▸𝒜𝓉𝓁𝒶𝓈.

𝒰𝓃𝓉𝒾𝓁 𝓃𝑒𝓍𝓉 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒 ☆
▸Atlas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ▸Atlas. » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:21 am

Forms closed for judging!
𝐻𝑒𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒, 𝐼'𝓂 ▸𝒜𝓉𝓁𝒶𝓈.

𝒰𝓃𝓉𝒾𝓁 𝓃𝑒𝓍𝓉 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒 ☆
▸Atlas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: D's Character Adoption Center :: DCAC :: Open

Postby ▸Atlas. » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:30 am

Code Drop
Here's the code drop! I'm so sorry about it taking this long, everyone. I was just trying to hold out for as many forms as possible. I'm going to try to start advertising this place a bit more, which will hopefully get some more adopters c:

There were a good amount of forms this round, but sadly, a few just fell a little short, or were never finished :c

Kennel 16 goes to ABeardedDragon
Lines by imperfalence, design by Dovepawlover
Note: The form was stunning and I just loved the history :o Would you mind if I used your form as one of the examples on the first post?

Kennel 17 goes to ~Ebay~
Lines by Vampiric, design by Dovepawlover
Lines by Ratyr, design by Dovepawlover

Kennel 32 goes to prosecutie
Lines by Sparked Angel, design by annacat
Unknown line artist, design by annacat
𝐻𝑒𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒, 𝐼'𝓂 ▸𝒜𝓉𝓁𝒶𝓈.