Hyrulian Gypsy Information

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Hyrulian Gypsy Information

Postby mainstream geologist » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:20 am

Main ThreadFanclubArchiveTheme ArchiveBreeding Threadask.fm
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
please do not post on this thread
Anything posted in this thread will be extra information for the Hyrulian Gypsy Adopt. This includes coat rarities to guest artist applications. I'll have things posted here and will update them as I see fit. This will also be where one can find answers to Frequently Asked Questions! Please check here if you're lost about anything and need information (or you can directly send me a PM with Hyrulian Gypsy in the title).

Last edited by mainstream geologist on Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
mainstream geologist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Coat Color Rarities

Postby mainstream geologist » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:41 am

The rarity of a coat won't be posted on a horses adoption page, this is just something so that some coats will begin to feel more special and it will give users the opportunity at some fun coats when customs are offered. Rarities will overlap and that's alright, that means a chestnut pintaloosa will still be qualified as uncommon due to the pintaloosa markings. This list is just to give people an idea of what coats and patterns are considered more rare than others.

Coat colors and patters will be added as needed!

Common Coat Colors
        ■ Bay
        ■ Chestnut
        ■ Grey (on any base coat)
        ■ Palomino
        ■ Classic Roan
        ■ Blue Roan
        ■ Red Roan
        ■ Bay Roan
        ■ Black

Uncommon Coat Colors
        ■ Buckskin
        ■ Silver/Flaxen on Any Base Coat
        ■ Smoky on Any Base Coat
        ■ Red Dun
        ■ Bay Dun
        ■ Grullo
        ■ Dunalino
        ■ Dunskin

Rare Coat Colors
        ■ Pearl
        ■ Mushroom
        ■ All Champagne Variations
        ■ Perlino
        ■ Double/Triple Cream Dilutes
        ■ Cremello
        ■ Cremello dun
        ■ Perlino dun
        ■ Pangare on Any Base Coat
        ■ White dun
        ■ Macchiato

Common Coat Patterns
        ■ Tobianos
        ■ Overos
        ■ Dapples
        ■ Splash Whites
        ■ Sabinos
        ■ Almost Solids

Uncommon Coat Patterns
        ■ Dominant White Mutations
        ■ Toveros
        ■ Badger Faces
        ■ Completely Solids
        ■ Birdcatcher spots
        ■ Rabicanos
        ■ Sootys
        ■ Gulastra Plumes

Rare Coat Patterns
        ■ Manchados
        ■ Brindles
        ■ Pintaloosas
        ■ Snow Cap Appaloosas
        ■ Blanket Appaloosas
        ■ Any Special Markings (Ex: Shaping liked something (Animals, Leaves, Objects, Etc.))
        ■ Leopard Appaloosas
        ■ Complex Appaloosas
        ■ Chimerics
        ■ Gene Bombs
        ■ Macchiatos
        ■ Lacing

If you have any questions about the coat color of your horse and where it fits in, please don't hesitate to shoot me a PM! I'd be more than happy to answer your questions!
Last edited by mainstream geologist on Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
mainstream geologist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

FAQ

Postby mainstream geologist » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:42 am

None as of right now ^^
mainstream geologist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Earning Customs

Postby mainstream geologist » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:43 am

I figured this might be beneficial to have as some people are usually curious as to how to acquire customs.

■ Artists will occasionally offer them during streams.
      ■ Custom Competitions will be held. In a case like this, the topic will be posted like a normal adopt, but will have a cover on it with something along the lines of "Custom Competition" written across it. These will be run just like regular adopts with a form you have to fill out and the winner will be chosen by the artist.
      ■ Customs can also be received by winning competitions held by Hyrulian Gypsies. We occasionally hold competitions for certain holidays and seasons through which semi-customs can be obtained. Links will usually be on the main thread and will always be posted in the fanclub when it opens.
      ■ Artists occasionally offer customs in the fanclub. Just keep an eye out for the post and follow their rules.

Other information will be added if need arises.
Last edited by mainstream geologist on Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
mainstream geologist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Chimeric Information

Postby mainstream geologist » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:44 am

General Information
      In real life chimerics are formed when twins fuse inside the womb, creating a horse with multiple coats and two sets of DNA for color. Here at the HG adopts we have themed chims, natural chims with 2-3 coats, and something called gene bombs. Gene bombs are a horse with multiple coat colors and patterns such as brindling or bird catcher spots. Only 4 chimerics can be made a month to keep them rare, but this does not include chims that occur due to breedings.

Breeding a Chimeric
      There's a list at the top of the breeding thread that will tell you what artists will give you a chimeric foal if a breeding with a chimeric parent is sent in. When a breeding with a chimeric horse occurs, a marble generator will be used. 5 red marbles, 5 green marbles, and 1 blue marble will be selected if there is only one chimeric parent in the breeding. If the blue marble is drawn, the foal will be chim, if not then the foal will not be chim. If there are two chimeric parents then 2 blue marbles will be added to the mixture instead of 1. Same procedures will be followed.

Chimeric Customs
      Chimeric customs are hard to get. You may only request a chimeric custom if the artist offer customs allows it and they must have gotten permission from me first to offer chimeric customs as we need to keep them within the monthly limit.

New The Chimera Generation Breeding Chart
      When breeding for Chimera foals, these are the new rules put into place to keep Chims rare.
      If a 6th Gen non-chim Gypsy is bred to a 2nd Gen chimera Gypsy the foal will be 7th Gen. If the foal rolls positive for Chim, the chim will not be able to be passed from that 7th Gen foal as chimera stops passing at 6th Gen. Therefore a breeding note will need to be added that the Chimera cannot pass.
Last edited by mainstream geologist on Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
mainstream geologist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Adoption and Re-Adoption

Postby mainstream geologist » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:45 am

Adoption
      Adoption is fairly simple. Artists will post the adopt they have made along with a form for you to fill out for a chance at winning. Some will be FCFS (First Come First Serve) and others will be things such a finding an image or pretty up forms. There's an endless arrangement of possible contests you'll find at HG.

Artist will choose winners based on who filled out the form correctly, who put in the most effort, and which one they like the best. On rare occasions RUs (Runner Ups) may be given out if an artist likes more than one form.

Filling Out An Adoption Form
      All forms will contain basic information that the person needs to have filled out. It will look something along the lines of:

Username:
        Name:

Some artist may have theirs set up a bit differently, but all of these things will usually be included. Usually filling out the form will be self explanatory, but here's a little information to help anyone out who's possibly confused.

Show Name: Some artists have this as an option of something to fill out and this may be included if all the artist has is "name". A show name should be separated in these cases such as "Firefly's Light // Chobi*" or "Firefly's Light || Chobi*" (*Please do not use this name as it is the name of one of my own Hyrulian Gypsies). A show name tends to be longer than the barn name and can at times be odd. The barn name is usually a shorter name that is used as a call name to the horse, like a nickname.

Gender: Be sure to check that the artist hasn't already given the Gypsy a gender. If it's free to choose then you may choose Stallion (Male) or Mare (Female), or if you prefer to choose something else, please feel free to do so. If you live by the difference between gender and sex, please do not attack the artist about it, simple put "masculine" or "feminine" or change gender to sex on your own. In the case of breedings, the owner always gets to pick the gender.

Halter Color: Once a Gypsy is owned, it will receive a halter. Please be aware that this is a smaller space to work in and doing highly detailed pictures isn't something that's considered "easy" or something an artist wants to do. If you want ideas for horse halters, check out the already made Gypsies and the halters that they already have. Sometimes if you just give an artist an idea to go off of they can see what they can do. An artist will let you know if the design you are requesting is too complicated for them to do.

Re-Adoption
      There may come a time when an owner no longer feels a connection with their Gypsy. In this case they may choose to gift their horse to someone and PM the person to see if they want them. Other times they current owner may post in the fanclub for interested members of the community to PM the owner with information that they ask for; be it a personality or new name. Sometimes the owner may ask that no information that the gypsy currently has may be changed. A post on the horse's adoption page notifying the artist of the new owner is requested.
Last edited by mainstream geologist on Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
mainstream geologist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Guest Artist Applications - [CLOSED]

Postby mainstream geologist » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:47 am

This post will say [OPEN] when the applications are open. Please only send me forms when the applications are open. I will try to post in the thread when they open and close.

■ Guest Artists generally stay for only a month unless otherwise stated.
      ■ You can be a Guest Artist more than once, but not more than once in a row. Meaning if you're a Guest Artist in January, you may not be a Guest Artist again until March.
      ■ In order to be a Guest Artist you should be aware of all the Hyrulian Gypsies rules and you must respect myself and other staff members. Should any rules be broken or disrespect is repeated and reported, I can removed you as a Guest Artist at any time.
      ■ You don't need perfect knowledge of horse coats and genetics to be a Guest Artist. However, if you're not familiar with them, you must be willing to learn. References tend to be a great help when learning.
      ■ For examples of your work, you may show work you've done for other horse adoptables or lines colored in on the editable oekaki. Please be sure to credit the owner of the lines though.
      ■ Guest Artists may only make 15 Gypsies a month.
      ■ As of right now, Guest Artists may not do breedings.
      ■ Try to provide a variety of colors and patterns so that I can accurately judge your work.

I will choose two new guest artists a month if at all possible. I may also select a staff member or previous guest artist as well if any applied.

Please PM me this titled as "Hyrulian Gypsy GA Application"
    Code: Select all
    [b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Do you agree to follow HG's rules and guidelines?:[/b]
    [b]Are you familiar with oekaki and know how to use the layers and lock alpha feature?:[/b]
    [b]Any past adoptable experience? Please link:[/b]
    [b]Are you familiar with horse genetics?:[/b]
    [b]If not, are you openly willing to learn?:[/b]

[b]Please provide examples of your work:[/b]
Last edited by mainstream geologist on Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:42 am, edited 8 times in total.
mainstream geologist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Regarding Mental Illnesses and Disorders

Postby mainstream geologist » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:48 am

I'm more than aware that this is a sensitive subject, but I wanted to put this into place before it became a huge issue at HG. I've been given permission by BRT's owner, dreamwalker, to use the same guidelines that their adopt has put into place for the same manner.

The big thing to understand is you must DO YOUR RESEARCH.

Please do not assign them some kind of mental illness to make them seem "edgy" if you don't understand the mental illness and are only going off of stereotypes and false information. This can offend those who do suffer from these illnesses. Please be considerate.

You must do actual research on the causes, symptoms, severity, and different strains if that's applicable. I'm by no means putting a ban on this as I know that some people connect with their horses by giving them the same illness that they themselves have, but for those who are trying to do it to give their horse a more "edgy" appearance and character, just don't.

Guidelines
      ■ Do your general research on the illness.
      ■ From there, decide the severity. Basically don't make them a mass murderer that needs to be locked away forever. This is a children's website and that kind of thing isn't allowed.
      ■ Research specific symptoms and think about which ones will show themselves in your gypsy.
      ■ Remember that real life people in the community may have these illnesses or disorders and you must respect them. When writing up your representation of the illness in your gypsy, think about if it might be hurtful to someone who has to cope with that illness or disorder everyday. If you're worried about how something you wrote may be interpreted, please feel free to shoot me a PM and ask for help. I'll let you know if any adjustments should be made.
      ■ More will be added if there are any more issues that need to be addressed on the issue.
mainstream geologist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me