Pound of Hope [CLOSED PERMANENTLY]

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Re: Pound of Hope [A: OPEN/D: OPEN/COME. ADOPT. LOVE.]

Postby neonfrozen » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:05 am

I am looking to adopt...

Kennel number:
P. Eleven [P11]

Name:
Andrew
-^But most people just call him Andy^-

Species/Breed:
Red Fox
Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Class: Mammalia
Order: Carnivora
Family: Canidae
Tribe: Vulpini
Genus: Vulpes
Species: V. vulpes

Why do you want this animal and what will you do for it?:
Personality:
History/Background:
Art:
Other:

neon | she/her | straight (LGBTQ+ ally)

art hoarder and artist wanna-be (never too old to learn!)

i love to talk and make new friends, please feel free to shoot me a message!

Ozone (pictured left)
| Huskya (pictured in avatar)
signature art (c) Autumn Fire

keep up with me on these sites as well!
toyhouse - twitter - furaffinity - instagram
neonfrozen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby parfom » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:03 am

I am looking to adopt...
~I want to come home with...~
~Oh lookie, it's me!~
Kennel number: P32
~Hey, i'm not just a number, allright?!~
Name: Orange juic-
~Sundara! MY NAME IS SUNDARA!~
Breed: Mackenzie tundra wolf
(Canis lupus mackenzii)

~It's way easier to call me Sundara...~
~* Cough * I am three and a half!~
Sundara... Dear, dear sundara. I remember scrolling trough people's profiles, trough people's character sites, and quickly clicked the one of your past owner. I saw you there, and immediently scrolled down to see if you were for trade. I altually do get attached to characters quickly, but i never felt this bond to any character i ever owned, aside for some of the ones i still own after a year or two. You immediently cached my eye as i was scrolling trough the kennels : It's your beautiful swirly design, which reminds me of orange juice ; Your beautiful eyes, red as ruby itself, and your beautiful tail, ully completed by just a single, simple swirl. Her fur desining: so basic, yet so identic.
What i will do with her... Of course, one cannot tell. But i am completely sure i CAN tell: i will cherish her, use her in my upcoming comic, using her as one of my most cherished and prized characters. She will be the star of my character site, her glorious colours shining all across the page.

~Y-you really ment that? That whole wall o' text? Jeez, uuh, i don't know w-what to say...~
Personality:
Let me handle this one, Sundara.
~Okay then, but just for this once!~
C H I L D I S H
Sundara is really nice, but really childish at the time. She ploves playing around, and maked wrong desisions all the time.
History/Background:
Art:
Other:
HUUUUGE WIP!!!
Last edited by parfom on Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

das
he / him
i love ffxv

Image Image

tumblr+devart
parfom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby greenwolf1998 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:35 am

-
Last edited by greenwolf1998 on Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:15 am, edited 5 times in total.
Will Trade...
Image or C$60 for Image
greenwolf1998

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ki-neko animura » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:43 am

I'd like some critique!
Username: ki-neko animura
Number of character you're applying for: p14
Link to form: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=341528&p=40808849&hilit=elena#p40808849
Would you like critique through PM, or another way?: PM please. I got a critique earlier and fixed and updated my form so i hope it is ok to ask again.
critastic
ki-neko animura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zeee » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:56 pm

I am looking to adopt...

Hey there Delilah, what's it like in New York City?
I'm a thousand miles away, but girl tonight you look so pretty, yes you do.
Times square can't shine as bright as you, I swear it's true.
Hey there Delilah, don't you worry about the distance.
I'm right there if you get lonely, give this song another listen, close your eyes.
Listen to my voice, it's my disguise. I'm by your side.

Oh, it's what you do to me.
What you do to me...

Kennel number:
    Kennel P11 - P-Eleven.

Name:
    Danny Evermore.

Nickname(s):
    Dan, sometimes for fun his friends would call him Anny, as in Annie, because he has a short temper and they think it's quite entertaining to see him make a big fuss over it!

Why did I choose that name?:
    I decided to give him a last name and a first name. As an anthro, I believe he deserves a first and last name- like a human would. Danny seems to fit him, for some odd reason. I don't really know why, I just think it goes well with how he looks. Evermore is the name of one of my favourite books, by Alyson Noel. It's a fairly interesting book. Otherwise, the last name was decided at random. His last nickname was explained, however Dan is very simple- it's the 3 first letters of his first name. That's just it, not a lot to it!

Breed:
Danny is an Anthro Fox. In both anthro and quad form, he is a Swift Fox (Vulpes Velox). He is most likely to be seen in his anthro form, and is very rarely seen in quad form.

Hey there Delilah, I know times are getting hard,
But just believe me girl, someday I'll pay the bills with this guitar,
We'll have it good...
We'll have the life we knew we would,
My word is good.
Hey there Delilah, I've got so much left to say,
If every simple song I wrote to you
would take your breath away, I'd write it all.
Even more in love with me, you'd fall,
We'd have it all.

What you do to me...

Danny has that certain trait that I love to see in a character- character. He has that one thing that draws me in the most, which not only is character... uniqueness. He looks unique, and that's what I look for most. I've seen no character exactly like him. Maybe some with snakebites or that type of hat, but none exactly like Dan. If I have to decide on anything besides that I love him, I want him because he's not like any other character. I would say that he's odd or weird, even. In a good way, that is! This is the shortest "why do you want this animal, and what will you do for it?" I have ever written, but that's because the answer is too simple to put in tons of descriptive and fancy words. I have 2 answers for this. One, I love him, of course. Two, because of how he looks. As I said quite a few times before, he's... Unique, different, quirky, etc.

If you do win this animal, where will it go?:
On a thread, maybe his own personal website. It's about a half-half feeling- I think I should give him a thread about 50% and I think I should give him his own personal website about 50%. I'll probably be up half the night writing up a thread, and never finish it- which is why I'm leaning towards giving him a website.

A thousand miles away seems pretty far,
But they've got planes and trains and cars
I'd walk to you if I had no other way.
Our friends would all make fun of us,
And we'll just laugh along because we know
That none of them have felt this way
Delilah, I can promise you,
That by the time that we get through
The world will never ever be the same
And you're to blame...

Hey there Delilah, you be good and don't you miss me
Two more years, and you'll be done with school
And I'll be making history like I do,
you know It's all because of you
We can do whatever we want to
Hey there Delilah,
Here's to you,

This one's for you...

Personality:
Danny has a keen interest in playing guitar, that's for sure. His guitar is like his child, and he protects it like one.
*WIP*

He, yes, is basically in love with his guitar, in which he named Delilah after his favourite song- Hey There Delilah. He almost never goes anywhere without it, and protects it intensely. No one can go past him, when he has his guitar, without them getting the death-stare. He hates letting people hold his guitar, because he's afraid they'll destroy it. Danny has worked hard his whole life to get Delilah, and he has never taken a penny from someone else to get enough money. His motto reads, "If you want something, earn it. Yourself." Basically... Let's say you want some sort of instrument. He hated getting money from other people (without offering something in return), and always refused a gift of money. He always wanted to earn the guitar himself, not leech on other people to earn it for him.

Dislikes:
*WIP*

Theme Song:
Hey There Delilah by Plain White T's.

Hope/dream:
To make it big with a guitar.

Fear:
That his dreams may be crushed someday,
and he'll never be able to be what he wanted to forever.

History/Background:
*WIP*

Art:
*WIP*

Other:
Thank you so much for the opportunity, I cannot thank you enough!

What you do to me...

What you do to me...

*POSTING SO I REMEMBER*
feelsjoelman
Zeee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 4kcuo » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:10 pm

Work In Progress.

I am looking to adopt...

Kennel number:
    Kennel Number F1.

Name:
    Orion.

Breed:
    Barn Owl.

I want this animal because... I won't lie, I didn't really notice dear little Orion until he became Star of the Drop. But once I saw him, I was all over him. One reason would be his species. I like how he is an owl, which to me is a rather rare type of character and/or fursona. You really don't see them around much. And it's a shame since the species is such a wonderful one- an avian, which is nice, since the creature can fly, and not to mention they generally have a calm nature, or at least from most people's point of view. So the species helps quite a lot.

Then there's the design. Okay, I'll be truthful. It isn't the most freakin' amazing thing in the world. It's simple. It's rather... bright. But I still love it. I adore purple & pink, especially together, since I think they are truly wonderful colors. I also like the green -my favorite color- since it dapples the chest and isn't overdone. The simplicity of the design is admirable and I truly do love it.

I will... If I get Orion, I will use him in every way possible. Practice drawing birds, roleplaying, sketching, you name it. It would be a shame to see Orion just rot away in my care, especially after he was left to rot away here before that. Even though it will be a hard task, I will strive to give Orion the love he deserves and has not been receiving.

Personality:
    History/Background:
    Art:
    Other:
with school in full swing i'm likely going to be mobile-only except on weekends, sorry guys!!

[ da ] [ tumblr ] [ toyhou.se ]
you can call me cuo if you'd like!
i love to draw!! & i adore art trades! hmu
4kcuo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hyaenidae » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:02 pm

I am looking to adopt...
Picture: Image
Kennel number:P102
Name:???? to be decided
Breed:Female
Why do you want this animal and what will you do for it?: She's so lovely, I was scrolling through sort of just browsing, and then I saw the two pictures.. She was pretty, I could see her sauntering around and acting really cool, and being with her friends. Her personality struck me and I had so many ideas about her, so I wanted to try out for her!
Personality: She's a huge bundle of bubbly, positive energy. Yeah she's blind but she can kick your butt in mariokart. She likes having fun and she tries not to let anything get in the way, especially being blind! She would be the girl who was really catty (no pun intended) but she did it to have fun, not just out of hormones. Being there for people as much as she could, but she also knew when she couldn't handle things. She's not quite cutesy but she still comes off as charming. She likes materials, too, lots of collars and bows and bracelets. Every outfit had accessories to match, just because she liked having those options around her.
Likes: All kinds of weather, shells and rocks, goldfish (yum!), and games.
Dislikes: Being locked in, those much bigger than her, apple juice, and hoses.
History/Background: this is my weak point. I'll do it probably tomorrow.
Art: Done, will upload at some point :P
Other:

POH Y U SO QUALITY. augh these babbus are so perf.
WIP; I'll come back when it is not 2 am. SOOOOOON <3
/toolateformetobeup
Last edited by Hyaenidae on Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Formerly Flightlessdog, Psychosomatic Split, SkyeFeather, FateHowler
Matt :: [trans]Dude :: Furry :: Awesomesexual :: Saving Will Grahamcracker
ImageImage

I'm semi-active on CS. I only visit briefly, maintaining my few groups and trading away for art/characters.
Hyaenidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grisly bear » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:24 pm

I am looking to adopt...
Kennel number:
p11
Name:
Killian Poulter;
The anglicized version of an Irish Gaelic name which means "little warrior". His mum claims it's his name only because she thought it sounded nice, although both him and his father suspect otherwise (she's -weird-). He goes by Ian towards a few close friends, although nearly everyone calls him by his given name... Regardless of how many times he's tried to get people to call him something else. His surname is his father's, and neither have any idea what it means.
Breed:
Killian is an anthropomorphic Swift Fox. However, his tail is incredibly weird because he shaves it.

I want Killian because of his design. It just has so much personality, and is incredibly unique. Out of all the designs, he popped out for me. Whether it's how 'cool' he looks in his reference, or those really bright colours. He's just one of those characters that inspires me to do something with him, which is rare and -always- amazing.
If I get him, he'll probably be mostly used for art. He'll have a cozy little spot on my character thread, which is currently being updated (although there's two available places on the first page that he can take up). There will be -a lot- of traditional sketches and the such of him, and some pretty digital art too. He will most likely get some friends, and maybe even a mate! I'm still unsure, but I may RP with him.

Personality:
"Whatever" is the word that would best describe Killian. He's incredibly careless, lazy, easygoing, and really just wants to have fun.
Although it's something few people know, he's very devoted to those he loves. If someone close in his life asked him to do an impossible task, he'd try just to make them happy. Of course, he has few friends let alone good friends. He's one of those guys who is buds with nearly everyone, but true friends with barely anyone. While others may see this as a bit sad, he loves it. He's a social creature, and thrives on being around people. This way he can know so many people, without needing any ties. And with his very large social network, he manages to get to most of the larger parties and clubs.
He's fairly selfish. It's often tiny things, like not asking for the last slice of pizza, or spending money Davius gave him for a bus on food then not going to the intended place.

Partying, socializing, fun, video games, and Coca Cola.
Dislikes:
Work, school, his eyes, and Pepsi.

History/Background:
Outside the sun was rising, and already the busy city was bustling with activity; people were walking with coffee in their hands and a bluetooth set on, taxis and cars were moving slowly down the streets, and what few birds were seen were singing. But, in the tiny apartment there was only the noise of a coffee machine brewing... and very loud snores. The apartment was on the tenth floor, and consisted of a main room, a bathroom, a bedroom, and a kitchen. Killian only owned some clothing and books, everything else in the apartment (the ratty couch, the games system, pots and pans, etc.) belonged to his room mate Davius.

In the main room Killian lay there, snoring loudly on the tattered 'pleather' couch. He had a white knitted blanket with some ketchup stains over his body, with one of his legs sprawled out of it. On the worn red fuzzy carpet beside it, there was an empty beer can, a cigarette ash tray, and a black Play Station 3 controller. Davius, who had recently finished his breakfast, briefly considered waking up his friend before ultimately deciding not to. He left for work while Killian was still fast asleep.
It was nearly noon by the time he awoke. All things considered, this was a feat - he generally woke up around 3 pm. That was because he had a date that day... With a woman who wasn't illegal. Which is always a plus, considering only teenagers seemed to ever want to date him. With a great effort, he rolled out of his makeshift bed and made his way to the washroom. His morning ritual consisted of splashing water on his face, combing his hair, putting on his hat, wearing clean clothes, then throwing his nasty purple overcoat on top. After that came all the jewelry; although he would never admit it Killian had a jewelry box filled with his bracelets and the such.
Once he completed cleaning himself, he had 'breakfast' (which in reality was instant noodles) then left to go see the girl.

About half an hour later, Killian was sitting at a small table in the corner of a coffee shop, a glass of cola set in front of him. She was a few minutes late, but that didn't matter at all considering that he was constantly late. In fact, she was probably only a bit late because he had taken too long to get there in their previous visits.
Lost in his own thoughts, he barely noticed when she came in. The young woman actually sat down and spoke before he truly paid attention to her.
"Why do you even wear that LA shirt?" Her large nose scrunched up a bit when she spoke, as if she found it disgusting. "You've never even -went- to LA, it's lame."
He grinned back at her before he gave an answer. "It's cool..." Pausing briefly, he snorted as he examined what she was wearing. "You have an Owl City shirt on and bright blue hair - I swear you hated that guy, and you're always saying that hair dyed unnatural colours isn't cool anymore."
"Atleast I have a job."
That cause Killian to pause, a frown forming on his face. "Delilah, you kn-"
"I really don't care, Killian. You can continue mooching off your roommate if you want." Her jaw then dropped, and her eyes were wide open. "Oh my goodness. Are you dating him? You're dating him aren't you? My so-called boyfriend is dating a man."
"We went through this when we met, I'm heterosexual. Besides, I think he's seeing someone."
"I'm still unsure if I believe you."
Killian loudly sighed as he tapped on the table. "Why is that?"
"Look at you. No offense, but you aren't really manly... With your flippy hair and bright purple coat. And all that jewelry!" Before Killian could get a word in, she continued. "Then again, what type of gay man would wear the same dirty coat nearly every day? Honestly, that thing's disgusting."
He looked at her oddly, seeming unsure what comment he was more offended of. After a few brief moments of hesitation, he replied. "You do realize you're stereotyping all guys who don't exclusively like women, right? Besides, this coat is fashionable."
She smiled a bit at him, the harsh lines of her face softening. "You realize I'm joking, don't you? We've been dating for months now and you still don't seem to get it."
The tiny glare he had developed quickly dropped in relief. "Oh, I thought I did something to make you upset." He snickered a bit, then looked out towards the small crowd of people in line. Looking back at Delilah, he smiled at her and reached out for her hand.
Atleast for a couple of moments, they were perfect together.

That night Killian and a few friends all met up at a local pub. It was a large place with wooden floors and large wood tables. However, the group headed to the patio; it consisted of multiple outdoor tables with large umbrellas set up during the day, faerie lights on the little fence surrounding the area, and potted plants. It was easily the nicest area in the whole place, although the group was just there so they could smoke.
It consisted of Delilah, a co-worker of hers called Sally, Davius, the guy Davius was currently dating (his name was Pete or something), and Butter who's one of the only other people who can deal with Killian. All of them were in their early-mid twenties, and looked like total idiots. Davius was the most normal looking one, which was saying something considering that he had a pink mohawk and a light blue bowtie on. Delilah was wearing clothing all in neutral colours, but with so many layers on and her bright blue hair she just looked odd; Sally had a plethora of piercing and tattoos; Killian was wearing his usual tacky purple coat, neon green hat, and weird jewelry; then Butter had on a bowtie, an anchor earring, two different coloured shoes, and bright red skinny jeans.
They looked like the definition of annoying hipster kids.
Like most nights out, they spoke about video games, movies, and embarrassed Butter. In fact, they went as far as to call over a random woman and tell her Butter found her attractive. She was very uninterested, like most potential lovers they randomly called for him.
The banter and drinking continued until the bar closed, upon which they paid the bill and turned their attention to Killian. For the most part, they were just making fun of him being jobless -and- not getting schooling. Butter seemed mildly concerned too, but he was always concerned for Killian. When the group departed ways, Davius refused to let Killian come home because he wanted his date to spend the night. Usually this would mean he'd just convince Butter to let him crash on the couch, but that night was different. Delilah actually invited him to spend the night at her house, for the first time.
For Killian, that night was perfect.

Life continued on like that for a few months. The small group of friends spent their nights together, Killian and Delilah often argued, and Killian remained jobless. It was nice, all things considered. Until something happened one day...
Delilah had dropped by the apartment Killian shared with Davius, to talk to him. He would usually be sleeping at that point, but she claimed it was important so he forced himself up. That was when, as he puts it, 'everything changed'.

Art:
Other:

=-wip-
Last edited by grisly bear on Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:55 am, edited 7 times in total.

════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

i'm grisly or ellis.
I'm remaking this
So, yeah
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 22 people.
I have received __ gifts.

Seeking ANGEL ADVENT
════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

grisly bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SpencyB » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:46 am

I edited my entry, I added art.
I am remaking my account, I am now Spencicorn. I wanted to start fresh on Chickensmoothie, I am not making several accounts, I will change this password to something random and never come back. It's like it's just deleted.
SpencyB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby red october » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:48 am

I just want to remind everyone that this current round ends Wednesday, September 19th at 9PM EST.
There are about four days left, so be sure to finish up your forms when you can. c:
red october

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me