Pound of Hope [CLOSED PERMANENTLY]

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Re: Pound of Hope [A: OPEN/D: OPEN/REVAMP CONTEST]

Postby wildwolfspiret » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:45 pm

Red October wrote:@wildwolfspiret;
As long as the information in our form is included somewhere in yours, that should be fine. c:
Just keep in mind this rule;
-3B- wrote:• Form templates longer than two pages will not be judged.
Long templates/memes from dA about your characters are not allowed; they are just too long and we feel that nothing of value is put down, anyway. You can discuss this (politely) with Octo, Tiikeria, or myself, but we all absolutely despise these templates.

I realize that I was supposed to close the round tonight; however, I just got back from being away for the weekend, and am not going to have much time left this evening or tomorrow to start the judging. As such, I'm going to wait to close the round tomorrow, at 9:00 PM EST.
I do hope that that doesn't cause any issues for anyone; I hadn't planned to get back this late, and it seems silly to close the round now if I won't be able to get any judging done. ^^;

[Lovely donations, by the way; thanks so much to everyone who's donated~]

Alright , Thanks I think ill stick with the normal one. the one i had in minds to much to do X3. Also may I ask what the DA templates are? Im not good at DA stuff
ImageArtshop
ImageCharacter Adopts
ImageDeviantArt
ImageToyhou.se
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _.0_ people.
I have received _.0_ gifts.

To anyone who wanted to commission me via CS. I will no longer be offering drawings on CS due to being rudely rushed by some users. I no longer get on Cs as much as I used to so when I take on a commission here it’s usually just for fun and in my free time. I don’t appreciate being rushed. Most artist on here are just starting out like I once did but I can no longer do all my art for free.
wildwolfspiret

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Miakemi » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:15 pm

wildwolfspiret wrote:
Red October wrote:@wildwolfspiret;
As long as the information in our form is included somewhere in yours, that should be fine. c:
Just keep in mind this rule;
-3B- wrote:• Form templates longer than two pages will not be judged.
Long templates/memes from dA about your characters are not allowed; they are just too long and we feel that nothing of value is put down, anyway. You can discuss this (politely) with Octo, Tiikeria, or myself, but we all absolutely despise these templates.

I realize that I was supposed to close the round tonight; however, I just got back from being away for the weekend, and am not going to have much time left this evening or tomorrow to start the judging. As such, I'm going to wait to close the round tomorrow, at 9:00 PM EST.
I do hope that that doesn't cause any issues for anyone; I hadn't planned to get back this late, and it seems silly to close the round now if I won't be able to get any judging done. ^^;

[Lovely donations, by the way; thanks so much to everyone who's donated~]

Alright , Thanks I think ill stick with the normal one. the one i had in minds to much to do X3. Also may I ask what the DA templates are? Im not good at DA stuff

The DA templates we're talking about are about 2-3 pages (or more) long which go into extreme detail about a character. Though they're good for an author to get to know their character, they're just a little too detailed and time consuming for PoH's purpose. We just look for character development and a basic working knowledge of the character rather than details like favorite color/food/etc. and other detailed information found in those templates.
Miakemi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wildwolfspiret » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:50 am

Oh alright thanks^^
ImageArtshop
ImageCharacter Adopts
ImageDeviantArt
ImageToyhou.se
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _.0_ people.
I have received _.0_ gifts.

To anyone who wanted to commission me via CS. I will no longer be offering drawings on CS due to being rudely rushed by some users. I no longer get on Cs as much as I used to so when I take on a commission here it’s usually just for fun and in my free time. I don’t appreciate being rushed. Most artist on here are just starting out like I once did but I can no longer do all my art for free.
wildwolfspiret

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiikeria » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:33 am

Mello-chan wrote:Could I please take back Firugree and Neonaoi (F36 and F49) as it does not appear they have any interest and I think I could use them as characters.

Sorry for taking so long, but they have been taken down for you, Mello. :3

EDIT: Also, I just realized...ten days ago, Pound of Hope turned 2 years old. Happy 2nd Anniversary, PoH! 8D

[| Pound of Hope |] [| Art Shop |] [| Etsy |] [| Need help? |]

[| I'm on a semi-hiatus due to real-life. |]

Tiikeria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LunarFox » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:53 am

I am looking to adopt...

~Picture~

~Kennel number~
Kennel F65

~Name~
Faelwen (File-wehn)
Which means fairness in elvish

~Breed~
"Faelwen is her name and she guards the ancient city from all but those with the blood of the Relien." Mamon explained, cradling little Xyna in her arms. The girl looked up at the village elder with a tired look but wonder and excitement filled her gaze.
"But what is she?" The girl asked, holding tight to the wool filled doll Mamon had helped her create earlier in the day.
"No one knows, really. However, she is said to have the face of a wolf, the body of a lion, the tail of a horse, the ears that are like the wings of a dove and the color of the northern sky. But i'll tell you a little secret that only i know. Faelwen's looks remind me of a species of ancient being that lived back in the age of our ancestors as companion animals. Perhaps she is the last of her kind."

~Why do you want this animal and what will you do for it?~
Well she is a very interesting and has a sort of 'guardian' or 'ancient' air to her design. The color palette is beautiful and well put together and the overall design is creative and sparks my imagination concerning one of my story ideas. I would like her to play the role as both a guardian of an ancient and lost city, the last of a proud and noble species and the Akiri peoples 'goddess of the northern sky and the dancing lights'.

~Personality~
Faelwen is first and foremost solitary but at the same time very lonely. She greatly misses her companion and wishes for his return more than anything for surely, even after a few thousand years, if she is still living then so should he. That is the hope she clings to because when a companion dies the other dies too. Also, she is very patient. She has waited for over four thousand years, guarding the ancient city, Garenlie, for her companions return and the return of the Relien peoples.
Faelwen is both loyal and protective due to her promise to Jain, her companion, to protect the city from all who would seek to take it or loot its secrets and treasures. Though she has never had to fight anyone off she remains firm in her promise and only eats when an animal crosses her path while she is patrolling the city.
Besides this she is very passionate, curious and affectionate but she has pushed these things down to keep herself from becoming distracted or from wandering too far away from the city. She fears that if she were to leave for even a minute something would happen. This, and her loyalty to Jain, keeps her composed and on the watch.

~Likes~
Nature
She enjoys watching fish in the lake and streams that are near the city as well as the skies at night but only spends very brief moments doing these things.
Rabbits
She has taken a liking to eating rabbits but this is most-likely an acquired taste from having to eat them so often.
Jain
She loves her companion like nothing else.
The wind
She has always loved the feeling of wind in her fur as well as the sounds made as it races through the forest.

~Dislikes~
Trespassers
Though she hasn't had any, the idea of someone crossing the boundary of the city sickens her.
Bugs
Namely grubs. On a few occasions she was forced to eat them due to lack of prey crossing her path and she hates the taste.
Fire
She is terrified and hates fire due to an incident where Jain set fire to his bedroom as a child and burned his left hand quite severely. She was a cub at the time and regrets not being able to save him from it.

~History/Background~
Faelwen had been with Jain since they were both very small. She had been separated from her mother and two siblings while chasing a butterfly through the forest and couldn't find her way back. When Jain found her she was half starved and was hiding in a web of tree roots. He was seven at the time and had run away from home but upon finding Faelwen, returned to the city to better take care of her. He named her and they became companions the following night.
They were very close friends for over two hundred years until the people of the city and their companion animals began to disappear. People began to flee the city but only very few got out. Jain was the last to leave and made Faelwen promise to guard the city until he could return and fix what was wrong.

After he left Faelwen began guarding the city, without any knowledge of what had gone wrong. She has been guarding the city ever since in the hope Jain will return and they can be together once more.

~Art~
soon

~Other~

An excerpt from the city archives:

There is something wrong with the central crystal. It's powers are malfunctioning and now many of the citizens are disappearing in a steadily increasing rate. The city is in a state of panic and i'm afraid there is nothing i can do. There is nothing that appears wrong with the crystal. Soon there will only be a few of us left. I have removed my crystal shard surgically as well as the shards of a few of the cities brightest. We will try to find out what is wrong with the system in the mean time but it is safest if we leave the city. However, i feel there is not much hope. I can already feel the affects of age and I've noticed my hair changing to a silver color. There is not much time... We will leave tomorrow morning.

We are the only ones left now. Everyone seems to have disappeared over night. I am leaving Faelwen in charge in my absence. She will guard the city until i return to fix the crystal. I think it may take a few years which is good considering that may be all i have...

~Jain
~ DeviantArtFurAffinityCS Art Shop ▪ QvQ~

~I'm going to be leaving soon so i'm trading all my pets and items away for art and character designs and such. If you are interested please check out my threads below~

~Buying Character Designs Thread~
LunarFox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Pound of Hope [A: OPEN/D: OPEN/HAPPY 2ND ANNV, POH!]

Postby cedaar » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:07 am

That means poor Pike has been here two years! Good thing I'm adopting him (or trying to). No other animal has been in his cage, so therefor he's been here since it started. Correct me if I'm wrong! :3
Adoptables.Fursona.Art Shop.
Souls.Dimantas.DeviantART.YouTube
art below by me, pm about commissions

cedaar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiikeria » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:23 pm

Nope, he was donated in Feb of this year. XD I had to add his cage, that's why there has never been another F59. It tends to be, the higher it is on the kennel posts, the longer it's been here...take Wave for example. She's been here for a very, very long time.

Tiikeria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wesley » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:45 pm

Tiki, out of curiousity, do we have any pets left from the very beginning of PoH? I'd love to show some love to older kennels. <3
Wesley
she/they genderqueer demisexual lesbian

ART FIGHT || FLIGHT RISING

Hello, my name is Wesley & I have a Juris Doctor!
I collect crystals/minerals, Build a Bears, & stickers.
I am also interested in dinosaurs, Glass Animals, Animal Crossing, Pokemon,
various anime shows, magic, and writing/character collecting!
My birthday is August 8th!
I'm a non-theistic eclectic witch. ♥

Image Image Image Image

Art to left by lemonlotte
Wesley

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DecafBunny » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:26 am

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... design.png

I am looking to adopt...
Picture: [img][Replace%20with%20picture's%20URL!][/img]
Kennel number:
Name:
Breed:
Why do you want this animal and what will you do for it?:
Personality:
History/Background:
Art:
Other:

Kennel F65 wrote:Image
bigger image
Lineart used (if any): custom sketch lineart
Name: Unnamed
Species: Made-up (not certain yet)
Preferences:
Do not resell, trade, co-own this character. - if you don't want it anymore, bring it back to the center.
You are not allowed to breed this character.
No edits /accessories may be added with out my ( toki&bel - bel is donating this chara) permission.
This character MAY NOT relate in anyway to your fursona or be your fursona.
The character may not change its species (whatever that is).
Do not take credit for the design, or claim the species as your own.
I might make more of these and donate them to centers ( but I will not use the same sketch.)
Love him/her, Get lots of art for him/her~ I really do love this character haha.
Pm me if you have any questions!
By submitting this form, I, Toki&Bel, agree that I am giving up my character to a new home, and will not ask for the character back if it has a form up for it.
        • Going on Haitus again... •

Art by sugartabby72600 wrote:
Owed Work wrote:
• Dealing with personal issues. Probably won't be active again.

DecafBunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiikeria » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:37 am

After going on an adventure to the old thread, I actually found out our very first official donation is back in the kennels after being adopted and returned: P135. P2, P16, and P23 were some of the first, as well. P2 and P16 have never left, which is a shame. :C

Tiikeria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me