Pound of Hope [CLOSED PERMANENTLY]

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Re: Pound of Hope [A: OPEN/D: OPEN/WINTER SPECIAL~!]

Postby Pachuri » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:13 pm

I am looking to adopt and be inspired by...
Picture:
Kennel number:
Name:
Sundara
Breed:
Wolf
Why do you want this animal and what will you do for it?:
I saw her analogous design and it stayed with me. I was hesitant to post a form for a while, as there are so many other amazing forms out there, but I decided that I had to at least try. You see, I prefer simpler designs to overwhelming ones and limited use of contrasting or clashing colors (such as red and blue). Sundara is perfect for this and she has an extra spark to her. Despite my possibly tardy form, I will add as much detail as I can to her form and attempt to do justice to Sundara and her story. Luckily I have been planning to apply for a bit so I have ideas in mind. :3 She appears a pastel, personable figure wrapped in the cloak of autumn.

For her I would put my all and my effort into woeing her to come with me, where I will give her a post of her own in my character thread, and lots of fanart as well as her story (which I am still developing).
Personality:
- Sundara has found her niche and isn't afraid to speak out when she believes it necessary.
- She likes nature and nibbles on fruit, her staple food.
- In her free time, she runs along paths in the semi-inhabited towns for exercise as she likes the presence of people around her.
- Street-smart, Sundara runs tours on a monthly basis for newcomers to her community.
- Owning a small garden, she has a slight green thumb, yet has found she cannot care for more than four plants at a time.
- Has an innate, insatiable curiosity and a love for investigation
- Local news, involving her town
- Being settled and comfortable with her surroundings
- Fruits, some vegetables as well
- Tart or spicy cuisine
- Debating issues and debunking myths
- Philosophy
- Audiences, to bounce her ideas off of
- Telling and hearing the truth, even when it hurts
Dislikes:
- Rain and the strong earthy smell that first accompanies it
- Turtlenecks, as they can be itchy and not comfy
- Rodents, they steal her food on a daily basis
- Seagulls, same problem as above, and ruin beach quiet
- Large spaces, her phobia
- Sweet and sour flavors
- Excuses and blanketed truths (or fey truths as I call them), truths that tell part of the picture but not all
History/Background:
"Life is a circle... with edges."
- Sundara
"And so that is how the idea of the left and right brain came about. Any questions?" he called to the class. Seeing a hand raise, Sundara spun around to look, ready to answer the question, then remembering one important fact. This... was NOT her class. She was TAKING this class and she would do well to remember it. So quieting her inner voice, Sundara looked up at the confused student in crimson and refocused her mind.

Hearing the question, she turned to her textbook, the one she had been assigned for this one semester course. Flipping the dog-eared edges and scanning the coffee-stained pages, the index directed her to page three hundred and twenty two. In the very corner of the old, torn up book in tiny scrawled handwriting lay a single note that set her mind racing with possibilities.

One is good; Two is difficult, but can make all the difference.

After Class
Trudging past the bleary office building next to the campus, Sundara let her mind wander. Of its own volition, she thought of the note. What could it mean? She was going to find out, and her first stop would be the library. Changing her course slightly, she diagonally walked up the set of pebble stairs, shiny from use, and approached the stainless steel and glass structure. Almost shaking with trepidation at the impact of what she might find, Sundara walked casually towards the door. As she reached to the side and searched for her library card, she lost track of the people around her. She, Sundara, the professor and student, was entering her zone now. With a usual calm now over her she grasped the smooth, cold metal and pulled the door open with a bit of effort; the air inside served as a slight suction.

Now this was an area of comfort to her. She had been a refugee here many a time, hiding from having to do the assignments that her professors loved to read. Sundara's feet clicked on the linoleum flooring and she blinked to adjust her eyes to the smaller but more intense light inside. At the end of the long stretch of hallway lay her destination, the philosophy section. As her best field, that is where she would start looking first. But alas, long hours of searching led to nothing. So, she reluctantly headed back home in the dark to contemplate her next idea.

The next day
By the next day it had hit her. Why? Why was looking in philosophy when she should have looked in biology? Of course! She continued staring at the note all of next class, often zoning out. By chance, she was not chosen to answer any questions though and escaped notice. Afterwards, she briskly walked to the library, scattering those who got in her way. That had to be the answer! Right?

Art:
Past Art (submitted with her donation form)
X . x . X . x . X
Other: I know it's last minute. If this cutie isn't taken this code-drop I will improve my form!
Last edited by Pachuri on Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:22 pm, edited 13 times in total.

ImageImage
Meet Ivy (nonbinary), Homebound (male)
Links wrote:Image
**Dreamie:**
Second dreamie= pheonix[/size]
Pachuri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kivr & fireflii » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:32 pm

muwahahahaha

more funky creatures of mine *u*

I am looking to donate...
Lineart used (if any): Custom / Drew it myself
Name: Unnamed
Species: Spirit Fox Dragon
Preferences: Do not resell, trade, co-own this character. - if you don't want it anymore, bring it back to the center.
You are not allowed to breed this character.
No edits /accessories may be added with out my ( toki&bel - bel is donating this chara) permission.
This character MAY NOT relate in anyway to your fursona or be your fursona.
Do not take credit for the design, or claim the species as your own.
Don't adopt him/her just to have him/her. Please actually use the character.
Pm me if you have any questions!
By submitting this form, I, Bel (Toki&Bel), agree that I am giving up my character to a new home, and will not ask for the character back if it has a form up for it.
AreYouAWitch
kivr centers | fireflii signs
kivr & fireflii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiikeria » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:48 pm

Remember, guys, you're free to edit until Octo ends the round~! :3

BEL. STOPPIT. STOP WITH YOUR EPIC SELF. DKJFSA;KJF;ASLFJSLKADJFALSKJFLAS;FJ. /flail Don't you ever stop. B)

[| Pound of Hope |] [| Art Shop |] [| Etsy |] [| Need help? |]

[| I'm on a semi-hiatus due to real-life. |]

Tiikeria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Briar Rose » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:52 pm

Wait, I thought the round ended at 9pm EST?
Briar Rose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wibeke » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:53 pm

Doing a quick stream. I'm going to design a donation and maybe a revamp or two, if anyone wants to come make suggestions. =)
https://secure.join.me/334-480-423

jen they/them ace dumpster fire
aka wibekapedia

always open for commissions on DA

talk to me about pigeons!

● ● ●

art shop - deviantart
my kalons
wibeke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiikeria » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:54 pm

It normally would, but, until Octo gives the word, it's not officially closed. :3

[| Pound of Hope |] [| Art Shop |] [| Etsy |] [| Need help? |]

[| I'm on a semi-hiatus due to real-life. |]

Tiikeria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Briar Rose » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:54 pm

Well that's unfortunate to know. Those two hours would have been helpful to add to my story xD Oh well.
Briar Rose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pachuri » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:08 pm

Will my form count if I posted after 9 ET but before Octo posted?

ImageImage
Meet Ivy (nonbinary), Homebound (male)
Links wrote:Image
**Dreamie:**
Second dreamie= pheonix[/size]
Pachuri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SnowStar77 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:16 pm

I am looking to adopt...
Picture: Image
Kennel number: P11
Name:Kage (shadow in Japanese)
Breed:tiger
Why do you want this animal and what will you do for it?:I want this lovely tiger because I believe I could give him a food home in a role play and in a website
Personality:Kage is a loner. He doesn't like to socialize but he will do anything for family
Likes: calm days, stalking through the jungle, being with his brothers
Dislikes:perky animals, over dramatic tigers, and whiny animals
History/Background: Kage never liked to be around other tigers. In fact, the only tigers he could be himself around was his brothers roku, and caylin. When the band of brothers were young, they lost their mother to a horrible battle. Now they fend for themselves side by side. Their father had never Ben a part of their family. He had left as soon as he realized their mother was expecting. Kage had Ben crushed, trampled on, and left behind, and it wasn't about to happen again.

One day, Kage found himself alone in the jungle. Caylin had gone near the sea to fetch some seaweed. Him and Roku were going to patch a leak in the roof of their den. It was Kage's turn to hunt. As Kage stalked through the jungle, he breathed deeply. His Senses became suddenly alert. It was as though something....or someone.... Was watching him, stalking him, hunting him. Kage turned and out of the corner of his eye, he spotted a pair of golden eyes peering out of the darkness.

It was a long day. The pair of eyes never left Kage's mind.

The next day, Kage padded through the jungle once again, hunting. He was certain he would see the eyes again. And he did. This time, he wouldn't let them get away...

Kage chased the pair of golden eyes through the woods for days. He followed them everywhere. Soon, he learned this creature was another tiger! An old tiger he was too. His fretting muzzle showed his age. Kage watched the old tiger every day for the next few months. Then one day, he stopped coming.

Kage began searching the woods for the tiger. Everywhere he looked until he found him! There he was, nestled in a sandy hollow in the jungle. Kage ran up. He had no idea who this tiger was, nor why he carried so much sympathy for him. "Are you ok?" Kage rumbled. The old tigers voice rasped in his throat. " my son......i-I never should have left you.." Then he was gone...

The tiger ended up being their father. Kage told the story to his brothers, then to his cubs, and so on. Now the spirit and story of Kage and the elder live on in the hearts of many tigers.

Art:
Other:I would really like a chance to give Kage a good home <3
Image Image
Image Image
████████████████████████████████████

Mʏ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀs/Oᴛʜᴇʀ ʟɪɴᴋ/Oᴛʜᴇʀ ʟɪɴᴋ

████████████████████████████████████Made by [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2076713]General Of The Sky
SnowStar77

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby red october » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:38 pm

Okay, this round is now closed~ All forms that were posted and/or edited prior to this post will count for judging. c:
I'll be getting the form list all updated before I start judging; don't be concerned if your form isn't yet on there. I've been pretty busy this past week; I apologize for not having it yet complete. ^^;;

[Oh, Bel, that's beautiful~ :D]
red october

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me