Tracker Dogs V2.0 [Series 20]

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Tracker Dogs V2.0 [Series 20]

Postby DoctorDraca » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:54 am

STATUS
Available: NONE ---- I ---- Upgrades: CLOSED ---- I ---- Customs: CLOSED ---- I ---- Contest: OVER

In memory of Emberthorn
Silent Melody is a special Tracker Dog that shall never be handed out but instead remain here in memory of Emberthorn (Ember~) who has sadly passed away. She shall stand here as a reminder of one of the kindest people I've had the pleasure of talking to.

News [August 27, 2011]
It is complete. The final series. After this, I will no longer continue the Tracker Dog Project, although it won't be discontinued. LCD will take over this project, as I'll be too busy to maintain it. I hope you enjoy the final series, as it comes with a perk. You are allowed to apply for 2 Trackers, though not at the same time. If your application has failed on the judging day of 1 Tracker, you can send in another for a Tracker which hasn't been judged yet. Now.. Go and do your best. Good luck, everyone.

If you have questions, don't be afraid to PM me. I'll most likely not see them in the thread.

Announcement [August 19, 2011]
Nexivyle steps onto the stage that was placed in the guest area to make an announcement in regards to series 20. Target is quick to follow her onto the stage and sits beside her, keeping a watchful view on the gathered crowd. A gaze is cast over the crowd by Nexivyle and a smile plays on her lips, though quickly makes way for a grin as she starts to speak.

"Series 20.. It's nearing completion. Everyone doubted me, said I couldn't pull off such marvelous creations, but I'll prove them wrong! I'll create marvels of science which'll shock even the most sceptic of scientists. Even with the limitations that are the Tracker Dogs' true form, I'll show everyone who's the true scientist around here! Oh, yes, this alien shall show everyone the true meaning of genetic manipulation. Restricted to functionality, stopped by species, rivaled by known shapes and halted by fear, all these things cannot stop me from proving that I'm more than someone that makes dogs. I am not someone that plays with nature, I improve it! I shall show everyone how far these Tracker Dogs can go to complete their tasks. I am Nexivyle Ta'ar, and I will make you tremble in fear and shiver in delight at the exact same time upon seeing my final series!"

A loud and eerie cackle follows her speech before silence falls down upon the crowded room and Nexivyle leaves to return to her work. Not giving anyone time to ask any further questions, as Target's deep growl makes sure to keep any nosey people at bay before she too leaves to join her master.

--- Directory
- Post 1: Introduction, Information & Rules
- Post 2: Available Tracker Dogs
- Post 3: Upgrades & Customs
- Post 4: Additional Details
- Post 5: Contest Page

--- Intro
Hello and welcome, let me introduce myself.. My name is Nex. Nex Ta'ar to be correct. I'm the creator of the Tracker Dogs and after a long time, I have returned to once again share my beloved creatures with you all.
What are these, you ask? Tracker Dogs can be seen as dogs that went through an upgrade, not only do they have their senses sharpened, they are also easy to train and are loyal to their owner. Yes, I know that they have no eyes, they don't require those, they have a different way of seeing things. Through sounds and smells, they are able to form an image in their mind made out of grey tints and flashes of colour to spot their target. Although, they all have their unique way of seeing things. More info on each type is explained among the species differences.

They aren't mutated dogs, in fact, they are created artificially, but in such a way that they remain completely organic. So, they do not/can not breed and have no need for breeding. Their long tongue hangs outside of their mouth, a small genetic mistake that was never fixed due to it being so loved. Sometimes, this tongue will hold an alternate purpose such as it being poisonous.

They often go through months (years for some) of training back at the facility where I create these darlings. The new Trackers are kept in line by the older Trackers. There's often no need for violent treatment, and through discipline, these dogs are taught the ways of being a useful Tracker Dog. When they're ready, they're put in kennels to be displayed to the public.

But enough of those details, you're wondering about their exact purpose, yes? Trackers were initially made for the authorities to make their job of tracking down a criminal easier, but the dogs' use exceeds tracking alone. They have proven themselves useful in rescue operations, surveillance and even in scouting missions. They have even spread to normal families and small organizations. Needless to say, they're quite multi-functional. Care to adopt one yourself?

--- Species Difference

The first line of Trackers were quite similar, so I decided to create different groups, each with their own advantages and weaknesses. Some will be released more frequently than others. This list groups the most commons to the uncommons and shows the differences in sizes.

1. Normal Tracker
Your average Tracker, can be used in any situation a dog can be used as well. They use their hearing and their sense of smell to form an image of their surroundings in their mind. They see healthy organic substances as green (yellow if hurt or dying organic species), and inanimate objects as faded greys. They're about as big as a German Shepherd.

2. "Wild" Tracker
A more furry version of the Tracker, their fuzzy fur keeps them warm in colder areas. They are larger than the normals and much stronger. They use the same technique of seeing as the normal does.

3. Stealth Tracker
Tracking isn't always included in its use, but this dog is great at sneaking into a building easily and watch what goes on. The Stealths see multiple images at once (due to the total of 6 cybernetic eye implants or optics) which they merge in their mind to have a very wide field of vision. Their hearing aids them to create a sort of night vision, "seeing" the vibrations caused by sounds. This is the smallest of the Trackers, but also the fastest.

4. Aquatic Tracker
Its name suggests its purpose. This Tracker is used to search for missing items or even people under the water. Greatly popular with divers. The Aquatics sense the vibrations in the water, but can also partially see due to the pupil-less eyes. They still rely mostly on their hearing and smell. Their increased nasal sensors pick up more smells underwater.

5. Aerial
A Tracker that patrols the skies. Popular with the police in big cities, this dog is able to fly over busy streets and keep the city safe. The Aerials see via infrared (thermal vision, if you prefer this term), this is easier than normal vision as they're often in the air or working at night. Their size can range from the size of a German Shepherd to the size of a Great Dane.

--- Rules
1. Available Trackers and upgrades are completely free. Trying to bribe me will result in me ignoring your form.
2. Don't use a Tracker that is not yours!
3. Don't copy, edit or give away your Tracker. In case you want to abandon it, PM me.
4. Don't sell your Tracker Dog once you get it, nor use in character creation contests.
5. Don't use/modify the images in any way unless you win the Tracker, if you win it, you're allowed to use it in signature boxes, etc.
6. Be polite and descriptive when asking for a Tracker.
7. Don't harass other members who got the Tracker you wanted.
8. Don't spam in this thread.
9. There's a limit to Trackers you can have. This limit is 4.
10. To prevent spam/rushed forms, you can only apply for one Tracker in a series. Pick wisely.
11. When it says that customs are closed, that means they are closed. I don't accept any offers then, not even VR or UR pets.
I find bribing me when I'm closed completely disrespectful and annoying and will take this rule serious.

--- Staff
The ones that help to keep this project going. Staff is chosen by myself, no need to apply.

- Nex [Creator, artist and da boss]
- LaChromaticDragonfly [Helping Artist]
- Tennis. [Helping Artist]
- Applefiend [Moderator]
- Corgi. [Moderator]

--- Warnings
Everyone listed here will have broken the rules or will have been generally rude to others. Upon 3 warnings, you will be banned.

None
Last edited by DoctorDraca on Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:13 am, edited 135 times in total.
DoctorDraca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tracker Dogs V2.0 [Available Trackers]

--- How to get one
You're wondering on how to get one? Easy. You fill in this form and post it, of course. At the end of x number of days, I'll choose a new owner based on the forms, so be creative and detailed. After the last one has been adopted, I'll release a new batch. The winner can then pick up their dog.

Code: Select all
[b]Tracker Dog Application Series 20[/b]
Username:
Tracker Dog you want:
Name you'll give it:
Reason why you want it:

Will it be used in any kind of story?
Describe its personality:

Write an introduction for your Tracker:

With introduction I mean write a short story on how your character/fursona reacts upon adopting them and why.
Please use the Tracker number for 'Tracker Dog you want' as I use the search function to search for forms.

--- Available (free)

Winners last series:
Orange_Cirrus
Universal PhoneBooth
Emmaishere

Series #20: August 27

Tracker Dog #61 I Taken by xX-Nix-Xx
Tracker. Stealth Tracker. If this Tracker could speak, he'd introduce himself that way. A witty, charming Tracker with a mind of his own and excellent at doing his job. He's a perfect spy, being able to photograph or film evidence and send it directly to headquarters. In contrary to his inspiration, this Tracker will choose a non-violent way to do his job and won't engage in combat unless he's forced to.

Tracker Dog #62 I Taken by Wibeke
Magic doesn't exist, correct? Correct. But illusions do exist. By projecting her energy onto her surrounding, she's able to make objects near her move or silence her footsteps even with her bulky appearance. There's a constant swirl of energy surrounding her, which means that she needs to sleep more often to regain this lost energy. The energy comes from her markings. She's calm, assertive and highly curious. Her intelligence is also high, which means that she's quick to learn or even invent new tricks.

Tracker Dog #63 I Taken by Nimaine
There has been an Aquatic before based on a shark, though this one is slightly more extreme. Tremendous biting force and a self regenerating and well controlled tongue are only one of the many different features this Tracker has. It's not faster than most Trackers, but it certainly is more agile. Even on land, his results were positive on every test. He's well aware of his intimidating appearance and will clearly show that. I advise to be careful around this Tracker.

Tracker Dog #64 I Taken by TessaKitty
The simple colours on this Tracker draw more attention to the cannon mounted on it. Filled with paralytic plasma, this Tracker is a well trained ranged shooter that has the advantage of being in the air. The cannon is powered by the movement of her wings, each time they come down, they force air through the tubes, which the cannon converts into power. She's concentrated and doesn't like being on land for a long time. Slightly claustrophic, do not keep this Tracker indoors or bring it into underground spaces.

Tracker Dog #65 I Taken by Universal Phonebooth
Alive or dead? That's for you to decide. Clinically, this Tracker is alive and well. He's resistant against infections or disease and the bone plates on its back are natural. The ribcage around its middle can be moved like wings to gain a more intimidating appearance, though he cannot fly. His hearing equals that of other Trackers. Perhaps its biggest feature is the second mouth. This mouth "opens" when he moves his neck, and even though it may seem hollow inside, inside is simply another strip of skin that covers the muscles and bone. He has some control over this mouth, but it's all for show.

Tracker Dog #66 I Taken by January
I'm sure you can all guess this theme which has been suggestived to me countless times. All the parts can be controlled to move by the Tracker, and even the wings can move, although she cannot fly. The jewellery on her head contains a small sensor to aid her in movement, as she makes a bit of noise when she walks which might distract her. She's a loving Tracker, and is meant to be used in shows, as she isn't fit to do a police dog's job due to all the extra parts. The metallic parts are connected to her, and the straps are mainly for decoration and can be taken off to leave her with the sheer mechanics.

Tracker Dog #67 I Taken by FieryFilly & ChiCha
A new Tracker. Stronger, larger and faster than any other Tracker. He's cocky, wild and he might be harder to handle. The small set of arms can easily be moved, even to the side, to greet someone or grab a small item. He can be used in any environment and for any task, and he'll gladly accept any challenge. He has much better hearing than the average Tracker and his longer nasal sensor suggest better sense of smell. Fear can easily be detected by him, which might make him agressive. Treat him with respect and he'll be a partner like no other. Depending on your weight, you might even be able to ride him.
Last edited by DoctorDraca on Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:14 am, edited 105 times in total.
DoctorDraca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tracker Dogs V2.0 [Upgrades & Customs]

--- Upgrades (free)
Upgrading your Tracker means that you'll link me to your old Tracker (from the old thread) and tell me in which new form you want your canine to be upgraded in. This may take a few days, depending on on how busy I am.
Please keep the new form fitting to the original purpose of your Tracker. Maximum 9 people can have their Tracker upgraded at a time. 3 by me, 3 by Tennis and 3 by LCD.

How?
Post this form:

[b]I want an upgrade![/b]
Username:
Tracker Name:
Link to old Tracker:
New form:
Any aditional details (such as very minor colour changes):

List [Nex]:
- Closed -

List 2 [Tennis.] :
- Closed -

List 3 [LaChromaticDragonfly]:
- Closed-

--- Customs (paying)
Customs are closed!

So you want a custom made Tracker? That's fine by me. Only 3 people can ask for one at a time. Customs will be handled by Nex only, unless there are special circumstances.

What is the payment?
For Nex:
[quote ]2 uncommons, not wishlist bound but preferably black in colour. Or 1 recent store pet.[/quote]

You send the payment first, then you send the PM. Don't worry, I won't accept the payment until I finished the custom.

Here's the form you'll need to PM me, name the PM "Custom Tracker":
[code]
Basics
Username:
Tracker name:
Tracker gender:
Tracker purpose:

Design
Form:
Colour scheme:
Design patterns:
Eye colours/markings:
Accessories:
Alternate:[/ code]

For the design patterns, you can ask for stripes, swirls, spots or something more detailed. But do keep it within the normal boundaries, so no emo hair or jewelry.
Eye markings apply to the normal Tracker Dogs only, the others will have coloured eyes.
As for alternate, you can fill that in with anything not fitting the above categories.

Special Customs (not active)
Sometimes, for an extra price (1 rare), I'll take on a special custom. What is this? This is a custom of your Tracker in a different pose than the standard ones, so your Tracker will be unique. The pose will be more dynamic as well. Whenever I have time for these, I'll add [SC] after a slot so someone will have a chance on this.

List:
- Not taking any customs at the moment -
Last edited by DoctorDraca on Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:17 am, edited 84 times in total.
DoctorDraca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tracker Dogs V2.0 [Additional Details]

Postby DoctorDraca » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:55 am

--- Tracker related links
Link to old Tracker thread: CLICK
Link to the Forum with NEW archives: CLICK
The Tracker Dog Fan Club: CLICK

--- Artshops where Trackers run around freely
Rebeccashe's Tracker artshop: CLICK
BeL0VED's artshop whom offers custom Tracker dog drawings: CLICK
EmberThorns artshop: CLICK (she does traditional art of Trackers)
Avimara's artshop : CLICK

--- Fan art
By xX-Nix-Xx

--- Support Us!

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=422105][img]http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb431/TrackerNex/TDStamp.png[/img][/url]
Last edited by DoctorDraca on Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:18 pm, edited 11 times in total.
DoctorDraca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tracker Dogs V2.0 [Contests]

Postby DoctorDraca » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:55 am

--- Diamonds are a dog's best friend?

Winners
What's that? Winners? Multiple?
Yes. There were too many nice entries to only choose one. Only the first place winner gets the Tracker, along with a custom. And what do the other 3 winners get? Also customs.
Yes, all 4 people whom I decided had nice art and poems get a custom.

Here they are:

1. Applefiend
2. 808
3. Masquerade
4. Soy

Here's Applefiend's winning entry:
Applefiend wrote:Art

Poem:
Hollywood

A glamorus life for those who shoes
walk along the ruby red carpet.
Appears sea of flashing lights,
capture the moment, the glory.
Out steps a familiar face.
His faithful crowd starts to cheer.

And with his appearence and the cheer
only does the sound of shoes
follow along, the security scanning faces
along the dividers of the carpet.
The smell fills the air of pure glory.
Better presenting itself by the lights.

Seen all around town, the face
is a familiar one. Adorned by lights
that light up the walkway carpet.
The paws that walk start a cheer
and a flurry of cameraman shoes
attemping to capture the glory.

Such a double sided glory.
Todays hero, tomorrows face
of shame.Yet to die for are a step in his shoes.
To have your share of fame or spot light.
To hear the roar of the crowd's cheer,
and see the glorious red carpet.

Not many walk on the famous carpet
who gets walked on by those with glory.
However, he enjoys every cheer,
as a great grin creeps onto his face.
It's as they call for, action, camera, lights.
Despite having paws, he's left big shoes (to fill.)

---------------------

The contest
I'm just spoiling you guys with contests, aren't I? That's because I love you guys. This Tracker is a show animal, and my original intention was to not release it, but I couldn't just hide it. Thus.. another contest. This contest will involve 2 things.
1. Art.
You'll have to draw this Tracker in a show-off or fancy pose. Any media are allowed.
2. Poetry
Along with the drawn version of the Tracker, you'll have to make a poem for it. The poem can be about it's life, appearance or anything you see fit, just keep it appropriate.

Entries
If you've made the art/poetry, you send me a PM titled "Tracker Contest", in this PM should be a link to the art and the poem.
The winner gets to choose the gender too.

Final Date = 10th of July.

Entries:
TigressJaguiar
soy
Batman.
XxBlackBirdxX
Applefiend
|Masquerade|
Universal PhoneBooth

Vain. The perfect word to describe this Tracker. Not every canine had to have a working purpose, and this dog illustrates this perfectly. Its mere function was to be a show animal, a feast to the eye. Soft colours, a shine in the coat and yet a warm heart. A Tracker made for a contest.

Last edited by DoctorDraca on Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:54 am, edited 31 times in total.
DoctorDraca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tracker Dogs V2.0 [Open!]

Postby DoctorDraca » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:40 am

I do believe I can safely say that you can post now. (:
Got any questions, comments or critique? Do post 'em!
------------------- ◊ -------------------
toyhousedeviantarttracker dogs
DoctorDraca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Not me nope » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:48 am

Sweet;3

So, since I already have a tracker can I not try for another one? I new those where the rules, but im still slightly unsure;3 thanks.

And;
I want an upgrade!
Link to old Tracker:Here;3
New form: Wild tracker?
Any aditional details (such as very minor colour changes): um, the green spots less pale? Possibly? . though I love the design already<>3
Last edited by Not me nope on Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:56 am, edited 4 times in total.

PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS BECCA~ASH

All I want is nothing more,
To see you knocking at my door,
'Cause if I could see your face once more,
I would die a happy man I'm sure.

~ Kodaline (All I Want)
Not me nope

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Veggievampire » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:52 am

I want an upgrade!
Link to old Tracker: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=240119
New form: 'Wild' tracker :3
Any aditional details (such as very minor colour changes): Naah I don't think so o3o

Thank you very much and long live the trackers! 8D
Veggievampire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dradogo » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:53 am

Loving the new page Nex ;)
I'll be drifting in and out of here often from now on...
Dradogo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DoctorDraca » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:56 am

You silly people.

Rebeccashe and Veggie, you're on the list for an upgrade. (: