Lions of the Cosmos. L.O.C. - Revamping

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Lions of the Cosmos. L.O.C. - Revamping

Postby starry--knight » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:57 pm

(C) Starry-Knight

:Rules and General Guidelines:
-All of Tess's rules apply
-Be patient and respectful
-Do not claim species as your own or steal any ideas posted on this thread-
-You are only allowed to have 2 Lions unless specified by me-
-These lions can be your most loved characters but are never to be treated or used as Fursona's-
-Be respectful to myself and my artists-
-Don't leave your lion to rot, if you no longer want yours send them back so they can find a new home-
-When using the gift lines you cannot color in a custom, only the one you adopted-
-Enjoy C:

Breaking one of these rules will result in a warning, a second offense will get you banned from this species. So please, think about what you are doing before you do it.
Last edited by starry--knight on Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:55 pm, edited 11 times in total.
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lions of the Cosmos. L.O.C. - WIP. [no posting]

Postby starry--knight » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:59 pm

:Basic History:

Out there, in the distant stars they watch. Protectors of our humble home we call earth, and the countless other planets and galaxies that exist in our universe. They are Lions who have come, and came before our creation and continue their existence thousands of lightyears away, but always keep their eye upon this place. It is their job to ensure the peace and safty of all who exist, and never once have they ever failed in their duties.

They are the Lions of the Cosmos, and have been around since the dawn of time. It is each lions duty to watch a portion of their sky and keep a look out for impending danger, but also to help support life on the planets that despritely need some intervention. No one knows not even I where they came from, or how they survive out in space on that little planet, but I do know, that without them all would surely perish.
Last edited by starry--knight on Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starry--knight » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:59 pm

:Home Grounds:

The Lions live on a small rock they call home, a planet that is surrounded by empty soundness space, though the skies are filled with stars who glimmer just out of reach. There are large mountainous regions where the lions have set up home for generation after generation. The mountain is a dull and lifeless grey but they continue to call it home. Beside the labyrinth of Mountains and rocks sits a glimmering lake which has no comparison. The lake contains the past souls of the Lion protectors who occasionally share their wisdom and talk to their decendants when dire times arise.

The lake breaks off into three streams, one of which flows into the mountainous region and creates a pool in what is considered a sacred chamber. This chamber is large enough to house 4,000 Lions but since their numbers are so low, only need enough room for about 100. This room is where Aeon speaks his mind, settles arguments, starts stretigic plans, and even just going in there alone to discuss things with the past ancestors in the privacy of the magnificent cave walls.
The other two streams lead off to the unknown lands, a place that is forbidden for all to go, even the spirits refuse to go anywhere near there. A dark and eerie presence awaits there and any who have tried to discover what it was has never come back.

The Lions all are surrounded by a golden dust which is the source of their power and strength. The lions never need to feed and never grow hungry, again because the dust is all they need. The origins of this mystifying dust is unknown, but the past protectors have said the dust has always been there.

:Characteristics:
The lions stand about Ten feet tall, so about twice as tall as an average human, but have been known to grow as tall as fifteen. They are about 16 feet in length, but this number fluxuates as well. Their paws are about the size of a basketball, and their back legs are just slightly longer then their front ones. Their fur can be either extremely thick or thin, but depends on the element they possess. The lions tails are tipped with three spikes almost like a scorpions tail but much more dangerous. The lions use their tail as their 'killing move' one hit results in an instant death. The tails hold a large concentration of the Lions power. When used to attack, the power at contact will flow into the enemies body and incinerate the enemy from the inside out.

:Breeding and Mates:
The lions of the Cosmos typically mate for life or don't mate at all. Mating is a sacred thing for the lions and is to be treated as such.
When breeding they have anywhere from 1-3 cubs, each cub has a 1:2 chance of getting a their from their mother and a 1:2 chance if getting their power from their father. There is a 1:10 chance that the newborn cub will get both powers.

:Ages and Life-Span:
At 1 day to almost 200 years old the Lion is a cub and remains in the adolescent stage. They cannot officially have a mate or breed until they have reached 200 years of age.
Immediately at the 200 years mark the Lion will go through and extraordinary transformation and will be surrounded by the golden dust before being transformed into their adult state which they will remain for the rest of their lives. The longest a lion could live before passing on would be 600 years, in which case the lion would make it's walk down to the lake of eturnity and step inside the ice cold waters. That Is their final resting place.

:Ranks, Elements and Warriors:
The ranks within the lions depends on their element. Water is common, so they are lower in rank then a Phsycic.
Ranks can also be assigned by the Alpha of the lions who always has the power of time.
Powers:
Water- common
Fire- common
Earth- common
Air- common
Light- Uncommon
Darkness- Uncommon
Poison - Uncommon
Phsycic- Rare
Death- Rare
Life- Rare
Love- Rare
Ice- Rare
Flight- Rare
Time - Extremely Rare (only for alpha lion)

-More to be added later-

Warriors are in a league all their own. They are a select force appointed by the alpha to transport to different planets to help keep the peace. The warriors are born with unique markings and posses the powers of war and battle. Even though the alpha chooses them, it seems fate has already picked them for the job. They are the only ones who get armor, the armor is extremely unique.

:Armor:

As for a warriors armor, each is extremely unique and diverse. Silver armor is for the use of the upper ranked warriors, and is classiffied by it's markings which consists of three linear dots, the middle one being the largest.
The second rank lion warrior will have either arrow markings or one dot on the armors face.
The last ranking lion warrior will have no dots and will be just plain metal, typically bronze or copper.
Last edited by starry--knight on Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:32 pm, edited 13 times in total.
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starry--knight » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:07 pm

:Adoptables and Gift Lines:
Revamping
Last edited by starry--knight on Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:33 pm, edited 7 times in total.
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starry--knight » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:07 pm

:Lions of the Cosmos:
-All adopted Lions will be listed here along with their ranks, Mates, and owners-

-Warriors-
-Ultimate Lead Warrior-
Romulus - Fire+ Death - Starry

-Lead Warriors-
Tundra - Ice+ Love - RunningBlaze

-Beta Warriors-

-Warriors-

-Pack Members-

------------------
Old Lions [still a part of the Lions community but retired.]
Alaula- Female- Light [Owned by Stutter.]
Ambrosia- Female- Poison [Owned by Ana!]
Tear- Female- Water[Owned by TrueJuliet]
Last edited by starry--knight on Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:00 pm, edited 12 times in total.
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starry--knight » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:55 pm

Bump
Last edited by starry--knight on Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lions of the Cosmos. L.O.C. - [Posting now Welcome]

Postby starry--knight » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:33 pm

Now open for posting

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Lions of the Cosmos

My Oekaki Gallery

My Lions (L.O.C.)

<-- art by Tealea on CS
Pixels by MechanicDrone
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Saffron. » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:01 pm

Stalking. Must. Have. One. :P
C l i c k P l e a s e < - - - Not a soul stealer, I promise.
I'm really only on here to Write and Chat now. I may join the occasional RP....Maybe. I'll PM the appropriate people, but I will be busy....
.Saffron.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby not meaty smoothie » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:55 pm

Also stalking
WIP ;w;
not meaty smoothie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starry--knight » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:41 am

Looks like you'll have to stalk for a while :( I'm putting these guys in a vault for a little while and will re-introduce them in new lines and such. Probably won't happen for the next few months...

Lions of the Cosmos

My Oekaki Gallery

My Lions (L.O.C.)

<-- art by Tealea on CS
Pixels by MechanicDrone
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery