HW - Cats of the Fields | Writing Prompts

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Prompt G2

Postby CloudedDiamond » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:17 pm

200 words minimum, 150 exp (base)
Explain your group’s home within the territory,
where do they sleep/make their dens?
Total Words: 500 words
Extra Words: 300 (150 extra exp)
Total Exp: 150+150 = 300exp

In Group 1, their camp is located in the middle of the forest, in a clearing surrounded by brambles and thick undergrowth to protect the cats that live within there. The nursery was dug out beneath a thick bramble and into the ground for warmth and protection. Other dens have been made in brambles with large leaves and branches from the trees woven into them for protection against elements. Most nests are made of moss mixed with larger leaves and ferns.
Cats in Group 2 make their camp in the heart of the hills, where it dips down deeply and almost unreachable by those who don't know the safest path down. If you go down at the wrong angle, you could sprain your leg or paw at best, die at worst. Surrounded by five taller hills, all dens are made in those. Two are in the hill furthest from the entrance, the leader's and healer's den. A small cliff hangs outside the leader's den, where the leader can call clan meetings or watch over the clan. The hunters and elders are in the hill to the left of the entrance to the camp, and the nursery is in the hill to the right of the camp entrance. Their nests are made of moss they've gathered from the forest and ferns from the hills.
Cats in Group 3 make their camp at the edge of the forest and bordering into the hills. The leader's den resides highest in the hills, where they can scan the camp and keep watch over their clanmates and the forest. The healer's den is right at the edge of the forest and hills, where any injured hunters can be brought in quickly. The queens and kits are in the hill behind the healer's hill and slightly higher where it's harder for predators to reach them. The hunter's den is in the hill across from the healer's den, along with the elder's den. In Group 3, their nests are made of the moss from the forest, sometimes with grass or other soft materials, but mainly moss.
The cats in Group 4 make their camp in a valley in the hills which leads out into the forest. The entrance to the camp is guarded by bramble bushes and a couple rose bushes. The healer's den is about halfway up a hill closest to the left of the entrance, so hunters may be treated of their injuries quicker. The leader's den is highest up in the back of the camp, with a small cliff to watch over the group and to call any important meetings. The queens and kits are on the right of the entrance. A rock covers half the entrance, and most queens or elders bask there when the weather is warmer. The elders reside above the nursery, with a gentle slope created down to the camp. These cats have made their nests of moss, with bracken or twigs used to form the shape of the nests.
CloudedDiamond

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Prompt G33

Postby CloudedDiamond » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:38 pm

wip
Where did most of your original group members come from? (Whether, the current group or their ancestors who came to be in the territory)
200 words minimum

Diamond | she/they/xe/ae | Aroace | EST

[TH] | [DA] | [FR] | [ArtFight]
[Commissions - Open] | [Stars]

[VOK] | [ToET] | [SparrowClan] | [The Flower Garden]
[Gentle Paws] | [The Lost River] | [CAC]
CloudedDiamond

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes