Lazy Writer Club - Storyteller Anonymous

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Do you think Free is being sarcastic

Poll ended at Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:10 am

Yes
71%
No
No votes
Sarcasm is Latin to me
29%

Total votes : 7

Lazy Writer Club - Storyteller Anonymous

Postby Nomonym » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:14 am

Hello boys and girls, thank you for stopping in on our SA meeting. Do you have a storytelling addiction? Well you have come to the right place. My name is Raine and I am the leader of this meeting. If you would like to play along and get your story told, join The Lazy Writers here. Or just fill out the form below and SEND IT TO MY PM! :D

Code: Select all
[center](Please delete everything in parenthesis)
[size=85][color=#8040FF]Username;[/color] (Your real username just to keep me on the straight and narrow)
[color=#8040FF]Your Preferred Name;[/color] (This can be your username, a fake name, freaking BananaBlob if you like.)
[color=#8040FF]Nervous Tick or Habits;[/color] (Something you as a character would do)
[color=#8040FF]Negative Trait;[/color] (One or more if you prefer)
[color=#8040FF]Positive Trait;[/color] (Same as the negative)
[color=#8040FF]Description;[/color] (This could be as bland or detailed as you like- I just need hair and eye color, skin color- it could be green! It is all up to you.)
[color=#8040FF]How Much You Love Nom;[/color] (The answer is obviously a lot ;P)[/size][/center]

Here are our current members
-Raine: The Supreme Leader/author (NomFlavoredPudding)
-Dove: The Kooky Girl (Dove)
-Captian: The Control Freak (Gunpowder)
-Bri: The Anti-social one (Møriarty x.)
-Juni: The Sarcastic Hugger (JuniperBerriess)
-Fae: The Anxious Vampire (faeriedust.)
-Felicia: The Irritated Snapper (Megaguirus)
-Kiko: The Intelligent Romantic (CaesarHorse)
-Silver: The Bossy Leader (SilverCrescentMoon)
-Vinder: The Robotic Peacekeeper (katomorakwarrior)
-Free: The Insensitive Observer (FiveSecondsToFly)
-Spannah: The Greedy Forgiver (*Bad Wolf*)
-Mai: The Imaginative Mouse (DeMaizu)
-Tsar: The Overreacting Optimist (Tsar)
-Ranger: The Diligent Rebel (Ranger of the North.)
-April: The stressed Actress (Aliria)
-Vani: The Indecisive Friend (Vanilla Snow)
-Luna: The Shy Mexican (L.V.L)
-Krenko: The Sassy Nose Picker (Krenko)
-Rowan: The Less-Than-Understanding Tsundere (baccilli)
-Dakota: The Punny Worrywart (Kaiser I)
Last edited by Nomonym on Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
Nomonym

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[1] The Beginning : Mai

Postby Nomonym » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:06 pm

xxxxxThe sun had just begun to set behind horizon which made the sky darken into a rich amber color. Raine had just begun to set up for their Storyteller Anonymous meeting that would last well into the night. She had a determined look in her gray eyes as she brought the campfire to life. I won't let those little rascals take over my meeting this time, she promised herself. The first few people began to trickle onto the campsite she had rented shortly after set set out the stuff for s'mores. The first girl was Dove; her blonde hair tumbling down her back in sporadic waves and her glasses glistened under the setting sun. She walked side-by-side with Captain, which was dressed in her usual captain grab. Raine felt her eyes roll up towards the Heavens when she looked at Cap't. She begged the girl to change into normal clothing and at least go by an actual name. That girl was almost as stubborn as Vinder- and that was saying something. They were chatting with each other with smiles on their face, which was a good sign. "Basically, I said to the bully, 'you say one more thing to Tsar, I will not hesitate to throw you off the Portside of my ship into the middle of the ocean so the sharks could have their way with your flailing body.'" Dove let off a musical laugh which the Captain joined in shortly there after. "I bet he didn't say another word to Tsar," The girl said as she adjusted her glasses. The Captain flicked her shoulder length blonde hair over her shoulder with pride glistening in her green eyes. "Not only did he stop messing with Tsar, he also filed a thing called 'restraining order' against me. Stupid landlubber." Before Dove could add anything else, Raine clear her throat and smiled at the two. "You two are earlier than usual. Did you happen to see the others?" The girl with glasses nodded happily, "The others are coming up this way. Be warned, I think Silver was complaining about the humidity. I think I see-" she was cut off by a sudden shrill voice. Raine's voice. "Juni!" she exclaimed as she rushed up to the girl and wrapped her arms around her. She sunk her head into the shorter girl's shoulder and her almost black hair tickled her nose. Juni smiled sweetly and returned the embrace. "You give the best hugs, Juni," Raine sighed before pulling away. "That is true, but you shouldn't attack me like that. You nearly made me drop the cookies I made for everyone." Dove brightened up at the word cookies. "You made us cookies?" Juni made her way past Raine and the other two with a large tupperware container in her hand. "No, I made you all a deadly poison and I am merely calling them 'cookies' so the government doesn't try to stop my evil plans." She chuckled lightly and opened the container. An assortment of round cookies varying from chocolate chip to snickerdoodles could be seen and the smell was mouthwatering. "Anyone ready to take the plunge into the afterlife with me?" Captain didn't hesitate for a moment. She reached out and snatched a cookie quickly. She plopped half of it into her mouth and chewed slowly. "This is quite delicious, mate." she said as a few stray crumbs few from her mouth. Don't eat too much, I brought s'mores. Juice is in the icebox." Raine interjected and pointed to the blue cooler nearby. Then she turned to the group making their way up to the site.

xxxxxBri was the first girl to catch Raine's eye. Her vivid pink streak stood out against the blurred crowd of faces. She didn't look happy or unhappy. She just looked like Bri. The taller girl gave Bri a nod as a greeting and the girl barely acknowledge her. No biggie. The next small group to come up was Silver, Felicia, and, stuck in the middle, was Vinder- and she didn't look happy. Felicia had a heated look on her face, which seemed slightly pink from a sunburn. Her dirty blonde hair was loose around her shoulders like a halo and her hazel eyes were narrowed on Silver. The girl in question didn't seem upset at all and actually her gray eyes seemed lit up in mischief. She was speaking in a calm, neutral tone. "All I am saying is, you wouldn't have a sun burn on your face if you would just play your sports with a hat on." Felicia bristled and snapped back, "You know I can't STAND hats. They are worse than carrots." Vinder spoke out in her hushed tone. "I think you look good with a sun burn." Her auburn hair was pulled back in its normal bun and, unsurprisingly, she had a pickle in her hand with a bite already taken out of it. Raine stepped in. "Hey guys! Juni made cookies that may or may not be poisoned. Eat at your own risk." The three of them perked up and headed toward the others. Raine heard Silver speak as she passed, "Mmm mysterious poison cookies, my favorite." Raine chuckled and shook her head slowly. She stayed in place to greet the rest of the people coming to the meeting. After a long moment of inactivity, she glance down at her watch which claimed it was ten minutes until she had to start the meeting. Where were the others? As the thought entered her mind, she heard more footsteps approaching. She lifted her head with a smile to greet Fae and Kiko, who were walking close to each other. Kiko's bright red hair gave her away first though Fae's strawberry blonde hair stood out as well. "Looking very lovely today, Kiko." Raine said when they got close to her. "Thanks," she smiled, but didn't look convince. She didn't think so highly of herself so Raine went out of her way to try to show her how pretty she truly was. "Is that a new dress, Fae?" The girl nodded eagerly while Kiko reached out and grabbed the girl's arm. Fae didn't seem to mind the touch of the younger girl. "Come on, Kiko. I think I smell something good." And off they went to eat the deadly cookies.

xxxxxThe rest came up in one large group. The last few being: Free, Spannah, Mai, and Tsar. Tsar was speaking to the other three- who listened with great intrigue. Since the short girl, who was only 5'1''. was so optimistic, she drew in crowds easily. Raine only caught the end of the conversation. "... So then Captain threatens the guy with a rather confusing but scary situation where she would literally haul the guy out into the ocean and make him shark bait. I swear, the guy looked like he was about to soil his pants. I am certain the pirate costume didn't hurt either." Spannah nodded, "one of my church buddies saw Cap't at the grocery store and she was putting on a show for a kid who was crying. She claimed it was the best thing she saw all month." Even Free, who hated groups of people, cracked a smile while she rubbed her hand through her short, brown hair. Mai was surprisingly quiet despite her some what bubbly personality. Her mousey features seemed drawn in and it appeared she was focusing on something pretty hard. Raine greeted the last bunch to come in and looked at her watch. She followed them up to the fire, the sun now almost completely gone from sight. "Alright everyone! Welcome to Storytelling Anonymous. I will be leading today's service-" Raine was interrupted by Silver happily injecting, "Lets just get to the story!" The others mumbled their own agreement with her. Raine sighed, "Guys, this is suppose to stop you from always living in your story worlds. Like AA but for daydreamers." Juni was the one to speak up this time. "Boo. I want to live in my story world. You have gather the greatest story minds this side of the world, so lets put it to good use and tell some stories!" Cheers followed, and the leader was quickly loosing control of her meeting. "I don't know guys-" Felicia was the one to interrupt this time, surprisingly. "Just let us tell the stories and enjoy ourselves." Raine sighed in defeat. She knew there was no way of fixing the situation now.

xxxxx"Fine. Who wants to go first?" Raine's eyes scanned all the eager faces that surrounded the campfire. She landed on Bri, who remained silent. "How about you Bri? Have a story to tell?" Her eyes widened slightly as she looked around. She didn't like talking in front of people and the leader knew that. "I rather not," she said softly. "Aw, come on. Tell us a story," Juni piped in happily. "No thank you," she hissed out and it seemed final. Raine signed, picking up her phone. She called a number and had a rather short conversation with someone. "Hey, yeah we are going to need our emergency kit out here. Okay, see you soon." She hung up and looked back at everyone who seemed rather curious. She didn't explain. "Okay, so who wants to do this?" Volunteers sprang up everywhere, all fighting for their own chance to speak. It turned into a full out argument on who would get to go and Vinder glared at Raine like it was her fault. Well, it was sort of her fault. Then a small voice rang out loudly against the confusion. "I have a story to tell. You all sit and listen." Blinking in surprise at her outburst, slowly the people began to sit down waiting for the girl to continue. She smiled and Raine encouraged her to begin like how they always do. So she took a deep breath and started to speak in her soprano voice.

xxxxx"Hello, my name is Mai and I am a storytelling-aholic. So here is the story I have for all of you today. It all started on a cold night in the great city of Westeros." Captain cleared her throat and interjected briefly. "Probably shouldn't steal the place from Game of Thrones." Mai nodded with a light blush. "Must have heard it from somewhere. Anyways, the great city of... Darwin. It was a bustling place with traders coming in from all over to get their hands on Darwin steel and other materials they were known for. The story revolves around a brilliant sorcerer named Mai who was cursed to look like a mouse for all eternity. By her side was her trusty talking dragon... uh," her eyes scanned the listeners before continuing, "Dove!" The group chuckled, really getting into the grove of it now. The story continued to come to life as it left the girl's lips. "It all began after a priceless jewel was stolen from Princess Kiko's crown during her name-day ceremony. Once Queen Silver learned of the thievery, she put a reward out for the criminal- dead or alive. People from all over the kingdoms came together in search for the jewel, but it was like it suddenly disappeared. Mai was a simple girl who worked hard in her spell shop in the heart of Darwin. With Dove at her side, she was happy going about her day with the little she had. That was until a girl came into her shop dressed as a soldier with a bright purple headband. Her true gender was revealed the moment she opened her mouth because she made no attempt to disguise her feminine voice. She looked frazzled and out of breath which caught the sorcerer's full attention. "Sorcerer! Quickly, I need your help. The princess- she," The soldier paused as grief crossed her face. Mai reached out to grab her thin shoulder and urged her to finish her sentence. "The princess Kiko has been cursed! She has fallen into a deep sleep and can't even be roused by a kiss!" Kiko scoffed and pinched her face in disgust. "I didn't sign up for any smooching." Spannah chuckled and started to make kissing noises at Kiko- who giggled and swatted her away. Captain is the one to silence them both with a simple 'shh'. Mai continued eagerly with the story. "Mai's light blue eyes widened in shock. "The Princess has been cursed?! This is horrible indeed, but what can I do? Unless I know the specific cursed used, I won't know how to reverse the effects. We'd have to find the spell caster." The soldier seemed discouraged with the news. Dove popped her large head into the store window from her place in the back, making the girl jump back in shock. Dragons weren't uncommon but Dove was a quiet one for sure. "Mai-mouse. Why don't we try to help the princess out? I am sure we can track the magic with my nose." The girl seemed happy with this idea. "If you are going out in search of the criminal, then you can count me in too. This witch could be dangerous and I am quite handy with sword." Mai thought about it briefly but nodded her head. She didn't mind the company or the extra help. "Okay, you can come. My name is Mai and my dragon is name Dove." The soldier nodded curtly to the both of them and introduced herself. "The name is Free and I am Princess Kiko's bodyguard." Wow, that is a big shot around here. Mai glanced over at Dove and they shared a look. With that, they headed to the castle to get a lead.

xxxxxOnce they got there, the queen was in hysterics. She was commanding all her guards in such a fierce fashion, even Free seemed hesitant to approach her. They didn't have to. Queen Silver locked her eyes onto the two of them and marched over. "I see you brought help. Is she going to wake Kiko up?" Free shook her head and Mai spoke up. "Your majesty, if I could. My name is Mai of Darwin. I am a skilled sorcerer here to help your daughter the best I can. I need to go see here so I can latch onto the trail. Can Free take me to her." The queen waved her hand at the two of them and sighed. "I hate magic; this is why I hate magic. Alright, sorcerer. You have three days to return my daughter to me. If it isn't done but then... you won't like me very much."
Silver interrupted, breaking the magic momentarily. "Why do I have to be a bad guy?" Vinder replied, "you aren't a bad guy. You are just really concerned for your daughter. Now shush." The crowded quieted once again and Mai picked up from where she left off.[/color] "It frightened Mai to have such an enormous pressure on her shoulders, but she nodded bravely at the queen. Free led the way down the wide hallways of the castle. It was awe worthy to say the least but due to the circumstance, the smaller girl couldn't hang back and look around. They made it to a large room full of splendor and fine silks. The princess as laying against a large, yellow pillow. Her eyes were closed and she appeared peaceful. Mai walked over to her prone figure and began to investigate. "She... she just dropped like a fly. One minute I was giving her a cup of tea and the next..." Free's voice was full of emotions that choked her. The sorcerer frowned feeling her own heart thump sadly with Free. Then she caught it. The line of magic was disappearing now but the faint light would be enough. She rushed over to the high window and flung it open. Dove was out there flapping her powerful wings on standby. "Dove, can you get the scent?" Her powerful dragon threw back her head and inhaled deeply. Then her eyes shot open and she spoke with an edge of excitement. "I got it, Mai-Mouse. Lets hurry before it disappears." They two females nodded in sequence and ran out the door. They burst out of the castle to find Dove was landed. They hopped up and with a flap of her long wings they were both air born.

xxxxxThe dragon followed the thread until it disappeared. The problem with magic trails was they didn't last forever. They were lucky to have gotten this far. So they landed to find another lead to follow. The scent stopped at a large cathedral which was odd. The Faith didn't practice magic, rather believed in the higher power to preform the miracles. Mai paled slightly. The Faith were not very fond of sorcerers. She ran a hand over Dove's scaly neck and spoke quietly. "Are you sure this is where it stopped?" Dove looked back at her friend. "Yes, I am sure. Now stop being a baby and ask the Faith for help- for the Princess's sake." Sighing, she dismounted her dragon and the soldier and she made their way into the beautiful building. The priestess was praying at the front with smaller girl beside her. When they approached, both women smiled politely. When the Priestess spoke, it was in a language that neither one of them understood. Confusion crossed their faces immediately and the smaller girl, who was dressed much more casually than the foreign priestess, spoke up. "She says faith be with you. I am her translator, Tsar. Her name is Priestess Spannah. How may we be of service to you?" She had a very friendly face despite the rapier that hung low on her waist. Tsar noticed the focus shifted from her eyes to her weapon and smiled slightly. "Fear not, little mouse. This isn't for you. We had an attack on the Priestess not too long ago and it has become a safety measure to protect this holy place." Free perked up immediately. "You were attacked? Was it by magic user?" Tsar's eyes narrowed and Spannah leaned over to say something quietly to the translator. "Who are you people?" the woman asked instead. "I am Mai and this is my friend Free. We are here because the Princess of Darwin has fallen under a curse and we are trying to find the person responsible." Then the soldier spoke up, "We followed a trail that led us here before it disappeared. We have a suspicion that whoever attack Priestess Spannah is the one we are looking for." Tsar didn't look convinced but Spannah lifted her hand and touched her friend's shoulder. With a nod, Tsar turned back to the duo. "I didn't get a good look at her, but I can tell you what direction she ran off too. She headed South towards the ocean. Good luck to you Mai and Free. May the Faith shine its light on your treacherous journey. With a nod, they took off with this new found information.

xxxxxThey took off into the air once again with a new mission. The wind was stronger in the South due to the large body of water. Dove handled it like a pro as she dipped and dodged through the air. She was quite beautiful and majestic though Free may disagree. She tapped on her friend's shoulder and said quickly, "I think I may be sick. Can you tell Dove to lay off the barrel rolls?" Mai relayed the message and the dragon slowed down. They were flying over a beautiful meadow with fresh white flowers growing in bundles. In the long grass and under the high sun, they saw a girl running frantically. "Dove, do you see that?" The dragon moved her eyes down to the ground and growled. "Someone is chasing her. We have to help." Free hesitated, I don't want to be that guy, but we can't afford anymore time wasted. The Princess really could-" Free's words ended there and a high pitch scream followed. Because, while they discuss tactics, what ever was chasing the girl saw the large dragon over head and took a shot at her with a fiery spear. And then another. Dove did her best to dodge but in the end, the weapons ended up crashing through the thin membrane of her wings. Suddenly, the three of them were spiraling towards the ground at a rapid speed. Dove pushed passed the pain to save her friends the best she could. She spread open her ripped apart wings and used the air to glide them down to the ground. It didn't go a hundred precent to plan and in the end, Dove slammed hard against the ground with a cry. The other two were shaken but not dead. The dragon groaned out in pain but frantically spoke to Mai. "Mai-Mouse, you need to get out of here before they attack. Quickly. I will hold them off." The sorcerer shook her head quickly and rushed to her friends large head. Tear formed and escaped from her eyes as she looked back at the damage. She couldn't leave her beloved friend and Dove was in no condition to move. That left one option. Fight. Free seemed to agree because she pulled out he large sword and aimed it in the direction they were coming. Mai trembled in fear, never having to use her magic to defend herself. But she lifted her chin up and got ready. That is when the girl who they saw from above came sprinting towards them with a chipmunk holding onto her shoulder. Her hair was a tangled mess behind her with leaves and twigs sticking out from all angles. "Run! Hurry!" she yelled out until she saw the injured dragon behind them. She cursed and slid on her barefoot to a halt in front of them. "There are dozens of them," she breathed heavily "There is no way we can get to them all." Mai stepped forward and nodded to Free. "We have to try." The newcomer sighed and gave a light, airy laugh. "We are all about to die. We are about to get killed." Then they were running over the hill; the strangers who wanted to harm them all. Their skin was an stoney ash grey color and their eyes were golden and much larger than normal people's eyes. They were screeching and running full speed at them with weapons in hand. Mai gulped and prepared a spell in her mind but was struggling under pressure. Then, fate intervened. A pack of large wolves came from the tree line and began viciously attacking the grey people. The stranger cheered wildly and threw her fist in the air. "Take that! I knew the Faith wouldn't let me die today. Woohoo! Get your just desserts." The rest of the men turned and ran into the other direction with a few of the wolves chasing after. Free took a step back with wide eyes. "Uh, guys. New problem. We have hungry wolves wanting a snack." The girl looked at the two women with a wide grin. "Don't be afraid! They came to save me. The reason I was being attacked was I saw those creepy men torturing these wolves in cages. So I snuck into their camp and set them free. Sadly, a hunting party was just coming in and chased us all away. But they came back for me! Isn't that the best, Chip?" She looked up at the chipmunk who simply twitched its nose. "The name is Felicia and this is Chip. Let me take a look at your dragon. I am good at taking care of animals, so leave it to me." With that, she rushed over to the injured Dove. "Uh, wait," Mai said following. "Dove is my best friend. If you do anything to her..." her eyes were filling with tears again but choked them back. Felicia's eyes widened slightly and lifted her hands up next to her chest. "Whoa there. No biggie. You guys almost risked your lives to help me so I owe you." She leaned over and touched the dragon's muzzle gently. "See, Chip and I will make sure her wings heal up real nice." Free stepped forward, worrying her bottom lip as she shifted uncomfortably from one leg to the other. "Mai, our window of opportunity here is closing." The girl nodded, "But Dove is too injured to carry her on her back." The dragon lifted her head and spoke in a gentle tone. "Mai-Mouse. You need to go with Free and help the princess. Just head South and I am sure you will find something. You always do. I will stay back with Felicia and burn her to a crisp if she tries anything funny." Felicia scoffed and crossed her arms over her chest. "Well. Isn't that comforting," she said in a sarcastic tone. Mai ignored her and placed her hand on the dragon. "It will be hard to do this without you, Dove." The dragon chuckled weakly. "You are strong enough to do it Mai. Now hurry, go save the princess." The mouse-girl nodded and rushed over to Free to grab her arm. "Lets go before we lose sunlight." And the adventure continues.

xxxxxSo, they ran until dusk and their feet were blistered in their tight shoes. Sweat ran down the length of their faces and they were huffing with effort. They could smell the sea water so they knew they were so close to where they needed to be. The setting sun worried them. There were many creatures who hunted in the dark of the night and they rather not be snacks for the vicious monsters. Just as they were about to lose hope and set up camp, they saw foamy waves of salt water crashing against the yellow sand of the shore. They made it to the ocean. They both exclaimed happily and ran towards the water reflecting the setting sun's last rays. A woman with red glasses stood in the middle of a circle of fresh blood. "Blood magic" Mai huffed under her breath as they both stopped short. The woman was chanting and her words echoed to their ears. ... Valamata Yukatea Howoe kill my enemies of the royal crown..." Mai remembered hearing those words before when she was younger. She met another magic user named Bri who lost her family during a massacre against the crown. Shortly afterwards, Queen Silver took the throne after her men killed the next in line to be king. Bri was that girl. Free gritted her teeth together and charged, hearing enough of the chanting. "I won't let you kill the princess!" She pulled her sword out and Bri opened her eyes wide. She flicked her wrist and Mai screamed out "No!" but it was too late. Free was shot back with magic and her own sword impaled her. The mouse girl ran to Free's side and fell to her knees. Her hands shook as the crimson liquid of her blood began spreading over the yellow sand. "Free! Free, are you okay?" she croaked out reaching for her friend's hand. It was limp but there was a shallow rise and fall of her chest. "Mai," she croaked out before blood spewed from her mouth. "Shh, don't speak. Save your energy," the sorcerer said as fresh tears fell down her face. "Mai, you have to save the princess. She means the world to me. She saved my life... and now I am giving it back to her." The girl started to cry herself as blood pooled out of the side of her mouth. "Please save my princess." Mai sobbed and pulled Free's hand to her lips. "I'll avenge you and save your princess. I promise." And with that, Free let out her last breath and died against the ocean shore. Rage filled Mai's tiny body and electricity popped around her. Her eyes found Bri finishing up her chanting. The mouse stood up and ran towards her. "I will kill you!" She screamed through the tears. Bri answered with a solemn tone. "You cannot kill what is already dead." And she fell back against the sand. The other girl hesitated in confusion and beneath her feet there was a rumbling. Her eyes widened as a giant worm made its way out of the sand with razor sharp teeth formed into a circle. It attacked her ripping open her leg while she stood in shock. Pain ran up her leg and a horrible scream left her lips. That is when a loud noise like a cannon exploded and pieces of the worm went everywhere. It was a cannon. In the ocean was a ship maned by a female. The mouse couldn't make out much and didn't have time to think about it. She did her own chant and white light shot through her hand and down the Worm's open mouth. It shrieked in pain but still attempted to eat more of her body. She screamed and the light got brighter. "I won't let you win!" She screamed and the light overtook the entirety of his body.

xxxxxAnd that was the end of it. The worm was dead and Mai was left panting on the sand. She stood and quickly limped to Bri's body. She wasn't dead just yet, but the blood magic had drained her life-force quite a bit. She dropped down on her knees beside her like she did Free just moments before her death. "Why? Why did you do it?" Bri turned her head to face the girl who was sniffling. "I... I did it because I vowed I would destroyed those who.. who destroyed me." Her words wavered in pain. "You killed an innocent person! You killed my friend because you let rage win!" she yelled at her. The girl simply closed her eyes behind the red glasses. "I was just so tired of being on my own. I was tired of seeing the royal crown live in happiness that I will never know because they stole the only people I loved." Her voice thickened with emotions. "I thought I would accept death since I will finally be reunited with my mother, my father, and my younger sister... but..." her voice broke off in a sob. "But I am afraid, girl. I am afraid of this death. It is so cold, so merciless. How could I let myself fall this far?" Mai's eyes widened in shock at the girl's confession. She was only a little older than her and now she was dying right before her eyes. "I-I don't think I can ever forgive you for what you did." Mai admitted. Bri nodded and tears fell harder down her face. "But I will stay by your side until you pass on." The other woman let out a pained cry and Mai understood. She didn't deserve her pity but she got it. So she sat by Bri's side until her heart stopped beating. But she did get what she promised for Free. The only way the Princess will wake up is if Bri and her blood summon died. She should be fine now, but Mai didn't know if she would ever be the same. She stood up and looked at the battle field as she wiped away her tears. Then she turned to the ocean and screamed out to the boat who was nearing her. "Captain! Can you hear me! Can I get a ride home?" It was time for her adventure to end.

xxxxxThe campfire fell into a hush silence. In the crowd, Raine wiped away a tear that fell from her eye. Then there were applause. Even though not everyone made it into the story, they seemed satisfied with the outcome. Mai yawned and pouted slightly. "I'm thirsty," was all she said. Raine was dumbfounded how she shifted from one emotion to the other at a drop of a dime. She blinked, pulled out a juice pouch, and quietly handed it to the girl. She grabbed it happily and sat down to drink it. Juni nudged Bri beside her- causing her glasses to slip slightly. "Hey, your character was the bad guy. How does that make you feel?" The girl pushed her glasses back in place as her face turned thoughtful. "I'm lost. Don't send a search party." A few people snickered and Juni just shrugged her shoulders. Then a roar of a few motors broke past their friendly snickers. Two motorcycles, one with a side pod, pulled up with five people on them. One of them removed their helmets to reveal Ranger, who smiled wide."Miss me?" Vani followed after ranger with a wide grin. "Lets do that again!" April hopped out of the side pod and removed her helmet. She tugged on the hem of her skirt and sighed. "No, never again." The other two were revealed to be Luna and Krenko. Raine jumped up and shook her head with a smile. "Well, better late than never. So, who is next to tell a story?"
Nomonym

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lazy Writer Club - Storyteller Anonymous

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:15 am

Mark, this is amazing Image
I'm nearly crying, this is great Image :lol: Image
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:40 am

I diiiieeed! hahhhahahahahaha. For some reason that is hilarious to me.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:45 am

FiveSecondsToFly wrote:I diiiieeed! hahhhahahahahaha. For some reason that is hilarious to me.

OhMyGosh FREEEE!! You're ALIIIIVE!!
:lol: :lol:
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:07 pm

(Noooo...... I'm noooot.)
But it was a rather satisfying way to die, trying to save the princess.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:48 am

THAT WAS AMAZING! Lol I'm cracking up right now.
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby redhorizon » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:03 am

YAY I'M A PRINCESSSSSS! SAVE MEEEEEEEEEEE, I'M DYINGGGGGGG (No kisses tho xD)

Boosh unless we're friends ♡ He/him ♡ Trans/Bi ♡ ASD ♡ Partner (12/15/2019)

Artist/Designer
Linecook
Flutist

Harry Styles & Horizon #1 Fanboy

My partner, dog, rats and comfort games ARE my life

PFP by me, sig by Onlyhalfpigeon
redhorizon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[2] The High Seas : Captain

Postby Nomonym » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:23 am

xxxxxThe night had finally dawned on the group by this point and the sun's final rays were no longer in sight. The campfire blazed strongly in the middle of the circle of people and Spannah, Dove, and Bri were happily roasting marshmallows. When one of the pudgy, white squares caught on fire, Dove squealed happily and rushed to blow out the flames. Raine had just offered the next story up for grabs. Ranger spoke up, "I thought we weren't suppose to be telling stories at these meetings." Juni was nodded frantically as she took another bite of one of her cookies. Raine sighed and shook her head. "We aren't. But the group insisted on it. So I am letting you all get it out of your systems now." Ranger nodded thoughtfully as she placed the helmet she tucked under her arm on the handlebar of her motorcycle. Tsar jumped up and walked over to the new group who just arrived . She watched as April tugged on the hem of her shirt while moving away from the dreaded vehicles. Her eyes widened and she pointed at the girl, gaining everyone's attention. "Yo-you're shorter than me!" Confusion crossed her face as she blinked at the loud girl. Silence settled between them for a long moment before Dove piped up loudly. "You both are party sized!" The group chuckled as the rest of the people filed in. There were some cheerful greeting as the newcomers settled into open spaces on the log seats. Krenko plopped down on the ground and started to pick her nose. There was no stopping that girl. Luna took the chance to toss another log on the fire before she took her seat. Her tan, hispanic complexion deepened with the licks of the flames that danced up to greet her. Vani sat next to Raine and spoke to her loud enough for the group to hear. "So someone is about to tell us a story? Have we choose someone?" Felicia sat up straighter and began to speak, "I think I would li-" But she was quickly interrupted by the Captain jumping up to her feet and proudly proclaiming, "Alright, you talked me into it." The was a soft, collective groan and Juni whispered to Bri beside her, "wanna bet it is about the sea?" Captain glared down at everyone until they stopped making noise. "Alrighty then. No interruptions or I will make your character walk the plank! It all began on board the famous pirate ship named the Roaring Devil- which was manned by an all female crew." After a small fit of giggles, the group settled in to hear about the high seas adventure.

xxxxxThe waves pushed and pulled at the Roaring Devil without mercy. The Captain expected nothing less of the majestic and unforgiving sea. She was at the top of the of the mast of the ship nestled in the crow's nest with Tsar, who was looking out on the ocean with her handheld telescope. A grin bloomed on the captain's face as another wave had their ship tilting on its side. "Isn't this the best, mate?" she sighed happily as she nudged Tsar with her elbow. "The sea breeze and salt water hitting your face!" The girl beside her nodded enthusiastically. "Cap't, where are we going anyways?" The woman grabbed hold of one of the ropes that hung nearby with a gloved hand. Her green eyes twinkled with mischief as the high noon sun beat down on her fair skin. "To fortune, Tsar." She gave the girl a wink and slide down to the main deck below. Her booted feet landed on the wooden floor with a loud thud and blew on her hot hands despite the thick gloves she wore. A swab, Felicia, was scrubbing the poop-deck but looked up to inspect the noise. Her eyes widen when her eyes landed on the blonde captain and attempted to look like she was working hard. The leader spoke to the swab with a smile still in place as she approached her. "Felicia! How many times have I told you that you need to wear shoes when you are swabbing the main deck. Your toes are going to get sunburned..." She trailed off as her eyes fell into the bucket she was using for water but there was no water to be seen. Instead, there was a little brown chipmunk blinking up at with wide eyes. Her own eyes widened in shock as she opened her mouth to speak just as the girl dipped down to clutch the small animal to her chest. "By the sea gods! Did you kidnap this poor creature the last time we were docked in the Olympus harbor?" She nodded slowly before bursting out, "he was hungry so I fed him! Then he wouldn't stop following me around and Captain, just look at those eyes. How could I just leave him to fend for himself?" The captain narrowed her eyes and looked between the girl and the animals in her arms. They were both giving her the big, puppy dog eyes. How did she even teach him that in the short time they were together? She sighed, "Fine," she stated and the girl squealed in joy. But if I catch it eating anything that isn't food or using the facilities in my boots, I won't hesitate to kick you both off my ship." She nodded quickly, "we'll be on our best behavior, promise. Thank you so much, Cap't!" She rolled her eyes but a smile tugged on her lips. She was getting softer as the years passed, she decided. "This is why you are still a swab and not a mate," she grumbled as she walked away from the two.

xxxxxThe Captain walked over to a girl hunched over a map, scanning it with such fierceness, it cause the leader to pause and look over her shoulder at the map in front of her. It looked normal but the navigator, Vinder, obviously saw something she didn't. "Vinder, what has gotten into you?" The girl jumped slightly at the captain's question and turned to blink calmly at the other woman. "Cap't, I was looking over the coordinations you gave me to plot and some things just aren't adding up. Right now, our current end location is dead center of the Pacific. And from the rumors I heard from the port in Olympus, that area is really dangerous due to-" the Captain interrupted by simply lifting her hand up. "Aye, I know the dangerous Vinder. Can you get us there or not?" The girl glance down at the map and back to the leader. She nodded with the same solum expression and said, "At our current pace and with the wind in our sails, I estimate we will arrive there at day break tomorrow." She seemed satisfied with the navigator's answer. She turned to leave but hesitated briefly before asking one more question. "Have you seen my first mate?" Vinder paused, tapped her index finger against her chin. "I do believe I saw Fae heading to the quartermaster's bunk. I think she was overseeing a reprimand Silver was passing on to some poor sap." With that, the Captain headed to the underbelly of the ship where all the bunks were held. Silver was really the best choice they had when it came to being a quartermaster since she was a born leader. The problem was she tended to get a bit... eccentric with the punishments. Fae was a sweet hearted girl and hated to see a anyone get into trouble. So usually when crew members get into trouble, both Fae and Silver are there to see to their punishment.

xxxxxThe lower decks of the ships weren't as nice as the topside. It was dark and looming with the only lights being that of scattered torches and candlelight. The flickering flames that illuminated one area often would cause dancing shadows on the walls and floors around it. Being on sea for long periods of time could often bout in fits of madness and those shadows could often spark episodes of delusion and fear. That is why the Captain relied heavily on her crewmen to tell her when something was wrong and employed the services of her rather talented people to entertain them with songs and stories to keep their mind occupied and sharp. So far, it had worked to their benefit. She stepped off the stairs and the creaking floors alerted anyone nearby at her coming. She had a long, sturdy stride as it were. She heard the soft voices' of her crewmen bouncing from the hold's solid walls. She followed the sound until she saw the small group huddled near a candle flame. It was Silver, Fae, and the apparent trouble maker, Juni, the carpenter on board. That girl was always causing some sort of trouble. She paused near them to hear the bits of conversation they were still having while still being unaware of her presence. It was Silver who was speaking with a tone that edged of frustration and exhaustion. "So, let me get this straight. You put a sun roof in the bunks because you thought the place needed to be lightened up?" The captain's eyes widened as she scanned the hold for any unwarranted holes. She saw none and her attention was brought back to Juni who answered. "That and Kiko was getting weirded out by the weird shadows those candles were giving off. I figured it would kill two birds with one stone, so to speak." Silver interjected harshly, "you mean kill us with a hole." Fae's gentle voice rang out, "Now, now. She had good intentions. But you have to know that you could have put the ship's integrity in danger with a hole." Juni shook her head defiantly and crossed her arms. "Look, I am the carpenter here. I know this ship like the back of my hand. I know what holes I can put in and what holes I can't put in." Silver scoffed, "how about we don't put any holes in the ship at all. And what happens when it rains?" Juni pursed her lips. "I guess we are all screwed then," the group, including the captain, widened their eyes but the girl simply laughed and waved her hand. "I'm only joking. I made a plug to put in that is supported by a beam beneath it when there is a storm. It won't cause any problems... well maybe a few minor leaks, but what is new with this ship." Silver pressed her knuckle to the top of the girl's head and rubbed it furiously. "It is your job to make sure the ship doesn't leak Juni!" The girl tried to push the quartermaster's hand away with a cry in pain. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" she pleaded. Fae tapped on Silver's shoulder and she stopped. "Well, what should her punishment be Silver." She narrowed her eyes on Juni who tried her best to look small and vulnerable. She sighed. "Why am I always the bad guy here?" Fae shook her head. "You are fair. People look up to you. That is why you were elected quartermaster." The girl smirked and crossed her arms over her chest. "You're just trying to butter me up. It worked. Okay, Juni no dinner tonight or tomorrow for that matter. You are strictly limited to whatever scraps that may trickled your way." Juni shrugged. "Oh dear, you're telling me I won't to get to eat Krenko's delicious slop? My heart! I promise this will change my ways for good." She laughed and hurried out as Silver jumped to give her a wack on the head. Fae held her back with a smile and shook her head. Juni passed the captain and gave her a nod. "Afternoon Cap't." and she was gone. The other two looked her way seeing as they were both aware of her presence now. They gave her a nod which she reciprocated. "Nice work, Silver. She is a tough one." The quartermaster nodded. "Yes, Captain, but like Fae said. She means well. If you will excuse me, I promised to help Spannah and Krenko with tonight's dinner. Those potatoes aren't going to peel themselves." With that, she exited the hold and made her way to the kitchen. The captain turned her attention to her first mate. "You need to get out in the sun once in awhile. You are as pale as Davey Jones himself." Fae laughed as she straightened up some clutter near her. "You've no idea what Davey Jones looks like. And I like it down here. It is quiet." They shared a laugh since that ship was anything but quiet on any given day. "I have some things to discuss with you Fae. Lets head topside so I can make sure the others are still working." The other girl nodded and they headed up after she blew out the candle.

xxxxxOnce the sun hit their faces, the captain began to speak. "We are heading for the sea beast." Fae's eyes widened understandably so. The legends that revolved around the massive sea creature weren't very pleasant ones and the endings of the tales made them not safe to tell children. There was a somewhat supernatural element when talking about it and even speaking its name sent chills down grown men's spines. She paused to soak in the information. "What do you mean we are going to go after the sea beast, Gunner?" she demanded using the nickname the captain received during her time as the gunner aboard a different ship. The captain smiled. "I understand your hesitation, Fae, I do, but you don't understand how much that thing's head is worth. Lets just say it is more than we ever get in an entire year! Apparently the thing has been plaguing traders for quite some time and the people are desperate to kill it. Plus, an all female crew is the one to kill it? It will set us for life. And I trust our crew to be able to take it down." Fae hesitated and lifted her finger to her mouth to chew on her cuticle. "I don't know... It is just so dangerous. What did the crew say?" The captain turned to look at the people working diligently around her. "I am telling them after I am done talking to you. Since you are my first mate, I wanted you to know ahead of time." The girl flinched slightly and cringed. "As your first mate, I am advising you against it but I know once you getting something in that head of yours there is no hope in changing your mind." The share a bit of laughter despite the tense situation. Tsar yelled out from the crow's nest, "Cap't! We have a pirate ship incoming. I am not sure if it is a friendly one or not." She sprang into action immediately and began to shout to her nearby crew members. "All able-bodied sailors report to your stations. We have a possible enemy approaching with speed!" Then she looked to Fae, "make sure Vani is aware of the possibility of a fight and get her close enough in case we need her. The Doc should be resting in her bunk." Her first mate nodded with determination and took off. Then she started to account for everyone. "Where is my master gunner?!" she exclaimed loudly. Ranger popped her head up from below the deck and hurried up the stairs. "I'm here cap't! Sorry, I was reading to Kiko." Kiko was nearby, clutching Ranger's arm with wide eyes. She was a teenager but the youngest girl on the ship. Her job was being the powder monkey- which helped the gunners prepare the powder for the ship's artillery. She and Ranger worked closed together and were nearly inseparable by this point. "We have a possible enemy ship approaching. I need you to get the gunners ready. You too, little powder monkey. Quickly now." Ranger nodded and called out to Free, who usually worked with the wooden barrels as a cooper. During these times of stress, Free was also a great shot and Ranger often called for her help. They took off with Kiko in tow to begin arming themselves. The captain hoped that this ship was friendly, for its sake. Her girls showed no mercy when being attacked.

xxxxxThe ship was finally close enough to view and it was in pretty good condition despite some rough patches of worn wood. One of the men, the first mate more than likely, held up a white flag to signify them being friendly. The Captain wasn't stupid. She kept her women in place in case they decided they didn't want to be very friendly. They wanted to board and she was going to let the captain of the ship do so. She had her blade on her waist ready to kill if he thought twice. She turned to see Luna, a mate, nearby. "Luna, they are boarding. Secure the plank between the ships." She nodded and rushed forward to do just that. Tsar had her own gun in the crow's nest aimed at the other captain as he crossed. She had great eyes so the man had no hope against her accurate aim. The man who boarded was a lanky fellow with thick, greasy hair that he kept in a ponytail behind him. He smiled at Luna and the Captain when he crossed, revealing a set of yellow, rotten teeth. The girl cringed but the captain remained courteous at the least. "Will you let my first mate board as well? He is the one with the information we would like to share with you. Between friends that is." He asked in a tone that made her skin crawl. Despite this, she nodded and a pudgy man equally as gross crossed over. His eyes were locked onto Luna like she was a piece of meat and it was almost enough for the Captain to order Tsar to shoot. She kept her cool as she eyed the men. "Tell me your business and leave. We are quite busy here boys." The other captain nodded with a smile still in place. "You are the all female ship we have heard about. I am sure you don't have it easy here on this ocean. Pod, hurry and tell them what you saw close by." The round man waddled forward and wheezed slightly. He pulled his eyes away from the mate long enough to speak to the Cap't. "The Sea Jelly, manned by Captain Horde has been put to eternal rest at the bottom of the ocean by the sea beast. I'd advise you turn back while you still can or you'll be the next victim." They eyed each other for a moment and then she nodded. "I understand. If that is all.." Pod spoke up, "Payment for the information is usually customary." She gave an irritated sigh and flicked a copper she kept in her pocket at the round man. He fumbled to catch it with his sausage-like fingers. He looked at it but offered it back to the woman. "Actually, I was thinking just a single kiss from that girl over there would be enough for me." The captain looked back a Luna who looked horrified. She smirked and jerked her head to the man. Luna smiled in understanding as she moved closer to the man. She leaned in, puckering her lips close to him. The man licked his lips and leaned towards her to meet her lips. Instead, he met her hand as she shoved his face back hard. It threw him off and he went splashing into the sea water between the ships. The captain pulled out her sword towards the captain and inched forward. "Your business here is concluding. If I were you, I would focus on getting your mate out of the ocean. The sharks have been awfully hungry around these part." She glanced over the edge of the ship and called out to the fat man who was spluttering and spitting salt water. "You can keep the copper." The man held out his palms in a surrender. "You got it. This is farewell. Good luck with your adventures, ladies." He tipped is large hat and walked back to his ship where is crew was scrambling to get the man out of the water. Silver and Vinder looked over the edge laughing as they struggle to pull his heavy body up. "Nice sailing boys!" Silver called out as she waved. Luna gagged with her tainted hand extended away from her. "Doc! I need your strongest sanitizer quick!" She rushed over to Vani, who was laughing as well.

xxxxxThey went back to sailing but kept on guard until the foreign ship was out of sight, in case they took offense of their actions. Can't be too safe on the sea. By the time they got far enough away from the men's ship to relax, the sun was already dipping low in the sky. The captain order her ladies to stand down for now and report to the mess hall. Tsar was relieved to eat dinner by the swab Felicia and her chipmunk, since it was only for a brief time. In the mess hall, Kenko, Silver, and Spannah were dishing out the best meal they could make. With the three of them combined... the food was edible. Spannah was good at making desserts out of the little ingredients at her disposal- so people flocked to get them. As the captain approached, Spannah's smile brightened. "Hiya Captain! I save you the best cookie." She handed it over and it wasn't a perfect circle, but it was close. She smiled and took the soft, sweet treat. Then she leaned over and wiped the smudge of white that was on her nose. "Thanks, love. Keep up the good work." She moved to the front of the group who was devouring the food with pleasant conversations. Kiko was sharing her food with Juni and trying to make it look discreet. The captain shook her head slowly and called for everyone's attention. "I have an announcement to make. This pertains to the legend sea beast not to far from out location. It's name is Raine because when it surfaces, a rain so thick follows in its wake as it swallows you whole. I know you all are aware of the danger surrounding this monster. That is why I won't lie to you about how easy this is going to be. We are taking the beast down." Chatter erupted and questions were thrown at her from all directions. She silenced them. "If I didn't believe in my crew, I would not have come this far. It will be hard. We may struggle. But I know we will defeat the monster. The bounty on his head is 35,000 pieces of silver and 25,000 pieces of gold. Plus more copper than our ship could handle. We will go down in history for this feat. I know you are all frightened, but we aren't some simple pirates or simple females. We are the crew of the Raging Devil and we don't back down from a challenge!" An eruption of huzzahs took over the small area. A grin spread across the captain's face but her eyes fell to Fae. She wasn't cheering. She looked concerned. There were a few like her within the crew who didn't seem confident. "Hurry up and eat and report topside. I got something ready for you all to calm our nerves." With that, the meal continued with both anticipation and fear clear on the crew's faces.

xxxxxWhen the meal was completed, everyone began to filed up to the main deck. Some yawned in exhaustion while others speculated the festivities. The moon was high in the sky not obscured by any clouds. With the moonlight and twinkling stars, the atmosphere was certainly peaceful. A breeze brushed through the Captain's shoulder length hair, causing it to whip behind her and dance in small circles. She cleared her throat and called out for April. She was the ship's main entertainer. She told stories and acted out plays. Tonight, she would be singing for the crew. She also urged Kiko to step forward but she was hesitant. She didn't like crowds and never did what she was about to do in front of them before. Only to Ranger and the Captain. Ranger gave the small girl a pat on the shoulder and a reassuring smile. She moved forward, her hand wrapped around a shiny, silver flute. "April and Kiko will be performing for us. I want everyone to relax and enjoy the music tonight because tomorrow we will have to gather up all the courage we have to take down our foe. It is scary but we have to be brave." She nodded to April who stepped forward. She tugged on the hem of her shirt as all eyes turned to her and Kiko. She gave the younger girl a nod and took a deep breath. She opened her mouth and a sweet melodic tune began to float through the night air carried by the gentle sounds of the flute. The beautiful song carried a devastating message. She sang that if they were going to die, at least they would die at sea with the rest of their sister. The lyrics continue to beg the sea gods more time, that they would face any challenge with a brave face, before coming back to the chorus of if they were to die, their only wish is to die at sea with their sisters. Solemn faces hung on every word as her bell like soprano voice suck them into a sense of acceptance. They were sold at that moment. Because like the song said: if they were going to die, at least it would be with their sisters at sea.

xxxxxWith the final note of her sorrowful ballad, the crew went to bed with a thick blanket of silence around them. They had a lot on their mind and needed their rest. When the sun began rise and reflected off the surface of the crystal clear water, the captain was awake and on deck in the crow's nest. She loved to be up there during peak of the morning to watch the sun rise. It was always a beautiful sight in the quiet dawn. The crew was up unnaturally early and were not as lively as they usually were. She understood. Tsar took her place in the nest and the Captain took her place on the deck with her men. They were close now. "Alright ladies! This is it. I know you are afraid, but you are the bravest lasses I know. Each and every one of you possess a skill to near perfection that will lead our crew to victory. Now who is with me?! Who is ready to take Raine's head!" A roar of cheers erupted through the decks and pride swelled in the captain's chest. Then a wave hit them hard and they struggled to stay upright. Ranger had to grip Kiko because she lost her balance and nearly fell overboard. She was grateful for her quick reflexes. Tsar yelled down below to the members of the ship "I can see her! She is coming to us quick!" They didn't need a telescope to see it approaching. It's body was still under the surface of the water, but barely. It was a large black blur swimming quickly towards them and with it was an enormous wave it carried with it. Captain yelled through the frightened chatter. "Wave incoming, hold on!" And she ran as fast as she could to a secure post. She latched on just as the wave hit them and flooded the upper deck easily and almost capsized the entire ship. The leader yelled with effort as her arms screamed to hold onto the wood and feared the worst for her crewmen. When the ship finally returned back to its normal state, there were some ladies overboard screaming for help. The Captain went to help but froze as the sight of Raine came into full view. She was twice as big as the ship, if not more. Her inky black scales glistened under the sun and looked almost like hardened armor. Its face, if you could call it a face, had black pits for eyes and a wide, circular mouth. It was open, the mouth, to show three rows of razor sharp, ivory colored teeth. It had four long, flopping tentacles raised in the air above it, hovering over the ship like it was about to catch it's prey. Captain swallowed hard and fear clamped hard on her throat. The sounds of screaming seemed to blur in the background as a single thought rang clear in her head. What have I got us into?

xxxxxFae was the one to snap the Captain out of her pit of dismal thinking. She ran over and grabbed the woman's shoulder with a cry. "Captain!" She shook her and yelled her name again. The leader blinked and she was jerked back into the sounds of screaming, yelling, and pain. Her wide eyes fell on the fearful one's of Fae and everything fell in place. She had to get her crew out of here alive and the only way was by killing Raine. "St-status report, Fae!" The girl seemed to be stuck in stunned silence for a moment. "Now!" Fae nodded and swallowed hard. "Damages on the exterior of the ship. I think a board is loose and is causing the lower deck to flood. Tsar, Spannah, and Vani went overboard in the wave. Some of the powder for the artillery has been damaged and Kiko isn't in the best state to reload. Vinder and Luna are trying to get the people out of the water. The rest is unknown to me." The girl was clearly on the verge of tears but the command helped her stay calm. The captain nodded. "Get Juni down to the lower decks and fix that leak. I got the rest up here. You need to stay down there and help Juni the best you can." She shook her head, but the Captain interrupted "No! You stay down there. You will serve us better alive, do you understand me?" She choked on a sob but nodded obediently. She turned and ran towards Juni who was helping Silver to her feet. Felicia ran by with wide eyes frantically looking on the ground. She was crying herself, "he's gone! I can't find him anywhere!" The chipmunk. The captain grabbed her arms and forced her to look at her. "Get April and start loading up the cannons. We need every available hand on deck fighting that monster." Her face fell and her eyes filled with tears. "But-" she started and it broke the captain's heart. "He is hiding. If you want to help him, defend your ship." She nodded and took off to grab April. They weren't the best shot, but accuracy was the least of their worries at this point. Then she ran to Ranger, who was curing over the damp powder. "Is it bad?" Ranger looked up at the captain and nodded sadly. "We lost about half of it, if not more. I can't stay over here either. Kiko is trembling right now and is no condition to fill the cannons like she is suppose to." The captain bit her lip. "Can you talk to her?" The other girl nodded and stood. "I can try. What about the powder?" She grabbed Ranger's arm and headed towards the small girl's trembling figure. "One problem at a time." Kiko blinked up and reached for her partner with shaking arms. Ranger crotched down and pulled her up to her to her feet. "Kiko," she started, "come on now, my little powder monkey. We have to go load up the artillery." The smaller girl shook her head and covered her wet eyes with her forearm. "I can't Range!" she cried, "I'm too scared." The older girl gave her a soft smile and tucked her hair behind her ear. "I'm scared too, you know?" That caught the girl's attention. She moved her arm and blinked at the gunner. "Really?" Ranger nodded. "I'm afraid of not being able to do anything. But the fear of losing all of you combats that fear. I want to protect you and everyone on this ship, which means I have to do everything in my power to make sure that beast doesn't harm you." Kiko nodded and wiped her face. "I want to protect you too Range." They shared a smile, but the moment ended quickly as a tentacle slammed into ship, causing the floor to open behind the small girl. It cracked under her feet and she began to drop to the much lower deck below. Ranger and the Captain were disoriented but the moment the gunner saw Kiko falling, she surged forward and grabbed her small hand. They both screamed, the red head out of fear and the gunner out of pain. "Ranger! Ranger, please don't let me fall!" Ranger gritted her teeth as she tried to pull her up without losing her own balance. "Who... do.. you.. think.. you.. are.. talking to... kid. I won't... let .. you ...go!" she grunted as she pulled. The captain regained her balance and rushed over to help. Together, they pulled her up to the top floor. The girl sobbed and Ranger patted her back. The captain moved over to them,"Are you both alright?" the gunner nodded. "Ranger, I have to go get the other. The doc is still in the water and we will need Vani asap. But you... I need my cannons-" She lifted her and up to signify she understood the orders. With that, the Captain rushed over to the railing to help the people overboard.

xxxxxThe Captain rushed to Vinder and Luna's side as they were pulling Tsar up by a rope. She jumped into action behind them and helped pull Tsar aboard. She flopped onto the deck and gasped for air. "Tsar, are you okay?" The girl nodded as Luna tossed the rope out again. The captain's attention shifted back to the ocean as a tentacle attempted to drown Spannah. It looked bleak, but the chef popped her head back up and gasped for air. They couldn't afford to let them stay out there with the monster so close. "Vani! Spannah! You both have to get onto the rope. We will pull you onboard!" Then she turned to Tsar who was pulling herself to her feet slowly. "We need your help pulling. They will be too heavy and they'll be out there too long. Can you do it?" Tsar gave a numb smile, "I can do it alright. The adrenaline is pumping down. Krenko! We need you too!" the lookout gestured to the chef nearby and she ran over. With all of them holding onto the rope, the Captain began yelling, "Heave! Ho!" In unison, they pulled them up at a steady rate. By the time they made it on board, everyone's arms were shaking with the effort and a little for the fear. The captain starting giving out orders because she knew she couldn't stay there long. She wasn't about to let her friends die- not if she could help it. "Luna, I need you to work on fixing that sail if any of us want to get out of here alive. Vinder, help her. There is no way she can do it alone." The two nodded but the girl with the darker complexion spoke up, "Is it too late to say I am afraid of height? Yes? Right! I am on it boss!" and they took off. "Vani, I need you to check on the injured. Start with Ranger first. I think she may have dislocated her shoulder." The doctor nodded and took off in a rush. "The rest of you, I need-" Spannah interrupted. She stood up as she spoke, "I have an idea, Cap't. When Krenko and I were making the weird stew, Krenko accidentally mixed some... unsavory flavors in. Highly flammable. I am confident we can recreate it and launch it at Raine. She'll burst into flames in a matter of seconds, like Silver almost did!" The captain chuckled and nodded, "Perfect. Tsar, help them however you can. I am putting out Quartermaster on firing duty, so you'll have to step up." They took off, but before Spannah could leave completely, she turn back and rushed to the captain. She pulled her into a quick embrace and squeezed her tightly. "If I don't make it, I just want you to know that you are the best Captain I have ever served. And you are one of my best friends." She pulled away, blinking away the strong emotions in her eyes. "And everyone here respects and cares about you. So no dying, you got that??" The Captain was stunned by the outward show of emotion but nodded. Spannah smiled at her one last time before rushing after the others. Now she knew there was no way she was letting Raine kill them.

xxxxxCaptain rushed through the chaos of the people giving orders and helping where ever she could. The sound of the cannon's booming brought a smile to her face, but it was a joy that was short lived. A tentacle managed to wrap itself around the middle of the ship and begun squeezing it. The wood cried out as it began splintering and breaking. That was the worst thing that could of happened. Even if they somehow managed to kill this beast, it would be completely useless if they were stranded in the middle of the pacific ocean! "Aim for the tentacle!" she screamed. She saw the other tentacle sweeping the deck out of her peripheral but couldn't jump away quick enough to avoid it. She slammed into the mast of the ship with a loud thud and ringing began to sound off in her head. She landed on the deck and wheezed as the breath was literally stolen from her lungs. She blinked in an attempted to get her eyes to focus as warm, crimson liquid dripped down her neck from an open wound on the back of her head. She pushed herself up and her vision slowly came back. She saw... Fae. She had come up from the deck below to investigate. She was staring at the captain with a frightened expression and her pale skin stood out among the chaos. A lot less like a vampire and more like an angel. What happened next felt like it happened in slow motion. The same tentacle that attacked the captain came back around and smacked into Fae. She slammed into the railing of the ship and her arm dangled out over the roaring sea below. The captain scrambled up to her feet and screamed out her name but her first mate was unconscious. She looked around as everyone was struggling in their own way. She started to sprint towards her friend but it was too late. The railing gave out and she went over the edge and into the water below without being conscious. "FAE!" she cried only to push her legs to carry her faster. Without even looking into the water for dangers. she dove off the side head first. The icy cold water jarred her system momentarily but she jerked her eyes open and began frantically searching for Fae. While this was happening, everyone was facing their own troubles. Below, Juni was struggling to nail a piece of wood into the frame of the broken ship. She was all alone, so when the cracks deepened, a flood of sea water forced her back and she choked on the salt by herself. In the kitchen, the two cooks and Tsar were frantically looking for an ingredient as the waters began to rise to their ankles. Spannah cried out, "We're sinking! We're sinking and I can find the darn rum!" Above, Ranger was trying to fire off a cannon, but it backfired and caught her shirt ablaze. She screamed in pain while Kiko and Vani tried to put her out. Luna was up on the sail trying to patch it up and when the boat began to crack in half, she fell off. Now she was suspended over the powerful mouth of Raine and the only thing holding her up was a thin piece of rope... And the captain couldn't find Fae.

xxxxxBleak wouldn't be a strong enough work to describe the situation they all were in. The Captain popped her head up from the cold depths of the ocean to take a breath. She cursed as she slapped a hand across the water. Salt water mingled with salty tears as she cried out a plea to the sea gods. "Don't take her from me, please! She is my best mate. Take me instead, I beg of you. Just don't let my friend die all alone in this watery grave!" Nothing happened. No light shining or voice speaking. It was just her in the middle of the ocean fighting a sea monster. No, she wouldn't let this happen. She gritted her teeth and dunked back down into the darkness of the ocean. She found Fae sinking with the railing- her clothing must have got snagged. She pushed herself fasted and grabbed her limp body. When she resurfaced and gasped for air, her friend wasn't breathing. She slapped at her face and tried to stay floating all at the same time. Suddenly, a rope landed near by and she lunged for it. Vinder, April, Free, and Felicia were holding on to the rope. She secured them both on it and she began the slow ascent back to the ship deck. Once she was up, she wasted no time performing CRP on her first mate. Nothing happened at first and the sense of dread consumed her causing her actions to become more frantic. "Don't you dare die on me!" she practically growled. "You weren't suppose to be up here! What were you thinking!?" She kept pushing on her chest, willing it to move but she remained lifeless on the deck. Finally, Vinder pulled her back and held her there even with her screaming and fighting her the whole time. "Let me go! No, I won't give up! You wake up you hear me!? Don't do this to me Fae! I need you! Please don't die," Her screams turned to sobs as she continued to repeat the last phrase over and over again. Then, everything changed when the chipmunk scurried over to Felicia. She scoped him up with tears in her eyes for Fae. She hugged him close and squeezed her eyes shut as they all waited for death to come. That was until a series of sputtering coughs caused her eyes to shoot open. Fae had rolled over to her side and was throwing up the water she inhales. The Captain pushed away from Vinder and crawled over to her first mate. She pulled her into her arms and rocked her unable to stop the tears. "Fae, you beautiful idiot. Don't ever do that to me again, or I swear by all the gods there are, I will... I don't know what I will do." She smiled weakly and wiped the tears that were streaming down her friend's face. "Can't...let you have... all the fun," she said hoarsely.
Juni was being pushed under the water that flooded in. She kept fighting and fighting against the current, but she wasn't strong enough. No, that wasn't true. She was strong enough- she just wasn't trying hard enough. She made some growls of her own as she swam against the current. She grabbed her hammer and a piece of drift wood that was floating by. She placed the board over the hole. She used her feet to keep it in place while she lifted her self onto a beam. She pulled nails out of two beams, which loosened them but didn't removed them completely. With the nails firmly in her mouth, she set off to block the hole. After the final nail was put in place, she exclaimed happily and pumped her fist in the air. "You see that, you big, ugly freak!? You aren't outsmarting me! Not today!"
Spannah sighed, now waist deep in the water. "We let everyone down! How could I have misplaced the rum?" Krenko floated by on her back, her finger inside her nose. "You hid it from everyone, remember?" She sighed, "I know, I know. You don't have to remind me." She slapped her hand against the water. "I can't believe I forgot where I put it!" Then, a brown bottle came floating by. Her eyes widened and she jerked it up. "Guys! I found it! I found it! Miracles do happen!"
Ranger had the fires put out and she sighed in relief. "Thanks guys. I thought I was a goner for sure." Kiko quickly moved forward to embrace the gunner. She cringed in pain and looked at the tentacle still wrapped around the ship. "As unpleasant as that was, I think it just gave me an idea. Come on Vani, help me push these cannons under the tentacles. Monkey, grab that bad powder. We are about to have tentacles for supper tonight." Kiko stuck out her tongue, "Blech, that sounds awful." And so they rushed to complete her brilliant plan.
Luna hung over the mouth of the monster still. "A little help here!" she screamed.

xxxxxNow with all the dominos in line, it was the Captain's time to knock over the final piece. Ranger lit her faulty cannons and they exploded the tentacle to pieces. Spannah launched the flammable gloop onto Raine and it splatter all over her face. Juni rushed up to the top deck as was helping get Luna down from the rope. And the Captain? She pushed the last bit of powder in a cannon not used in the tentacle attack. She was once a gunner after all and though it was awhile ago, it was almost like muscle memory. She aimed and hoped the thing didn't backfire. Fae moved forward next to her with a small smile. She handed the Captain a light and boom. The cannon when off. Right on target, the shot not only ripped a sizable hole in the creature's face but it caught the mixture ablaze. The creature shriek in pain as it bled out into the clear, ocean water. With it's final breath, the thing tried to hit the ship's sail but missed horrible. Not that it would have mattered. The ship was totaled beyond repair. Still, everyone cheered because they made it. No one died at sea. They killed the beast at last. Vinder is the one who spoke out over the cheers. "Not to be a Debbie-downer, but how are we going to get back to the harbor to collect our reward?" Just as the words left her mouth, a familiar looking ship started heading towards them. It was the ship of men. The captain grinned and looked to her ladies. "I think it is about time we got a bigger ship. I think a switch is in order." Luna smirked, "best idea all day, Cap't." So, after the men tried to attack them to take their prize sea beast's head, they kicked the men onto their sinking ship and sailed off to get their prize money. Each of them had grown in some what that day and one thing was certain. No one wanted to mess with the crew on the Roaring Devil."

xxxxxA bubbling laughter escaped from a few people sitting among the campfire. "Of course no one messes with the Roaring Devil crew! Captain is well... the captain!" Tsar laughed, "but I thought you were totally going to kill me off when I went overboard. I hate the water!" Captain grinned, "A good captain doesn't let her crew members die. And it was a good thing you stayed in the crow's nest, I reckon." Bubbling chattered erupted among the smaller groups but Raine stood up with a straight face and looked to Captain. "If your story is done, I just want to ask something. Why in the heck was I the sea monster?! Juni snickered and answered with a roll of her eyes. "Watch out, Roaring Devils. Raine has risen once more!" Kiko giggled and gave a mock scream as she jumped to Ranger's side. "Save me Master Gunner! The beast is scaring me." Raine narrowed her eyes. "Oh, har har guys. You are so clever." Juni laughed and patted Raine's leg from her seated position. "Oh, come on Raine! It is all fine and games. We love you, don't we guys!" Everyone nodded their head and muttered a positive response. All except April. She simply shrugged her thin shoulders and said with a straight face, "I'm pretty indifferent." Everyone paused to look at her until she cracked a smile. More laughter ensued. Raine sat back down and Dove straightened up to gain everyone's attention. "I wasn't in your story, Captain." The Captain rubbed the back of her neck and gave the girl a sheepish smile. "Sorry Dove. I couldn't put everyone in it." Her face dropped and the Cap't sputtered out, "But that's okay. Why don't you tell us a story next?" Her face brightened immediately. "You mean it? I can tell the story next? No take-backs?" Everyone felt complied to nod their head yes and she let a gleeful squeal. She patted Krenko's shoulder happily with excitement clear in her eyes. Before she could begin, however, there were a shaking in the bushes. Everyone turned their head toward the sound, some more frightened that others. Vinder spoke up in a quiet mutter, "looks like we are dying tonight." Luna slapped her leg with a glare. "I'm NOT dying tonight," she whispered. Then two figures popped out of the bushes and everyone scream despite themselves. Rowan grinned a wide smile and she lifted and rectangular create up. "Did someone ask for an emergency kit?" Beside her was Dakota, who was also holding a crate of her own. There were a few, nervous chuckles and Raine popped up with a grin on her face. "Took you long enough! Okay, let them out." Everyone seemed hesitant until the crates were opened, to reveal several tiny faces of small kittens and one large momma cat. "Now don't get the wrong idea, these are my kitten-" She was interrupted by Bri, who surged forward and grabbed a gray kitten with white feet. "Aren't you the cutest kitty in the whole world!" she exclaimed. She rubbed her face against the kitten's soft fur and cooed at it openly. Free and a few other surged forward after her and began kidnapping the cats. Rowan just rolled her eyes and muttered, "you can't keep them." Then she plopped down on an empty space and looked at everyone. "So what are we doing anyways?" Juni pointed to Dove, "she was about to tell us a story." Dakota spoke up, lifting up a cat to her face as she spoke in a fake German accent, "You have cat to be kitten me!" There were a few chuckles and some groans. Rowan nodded and ignored the pun. "Well, get to it Dove!"
Last edited by Nomonym on Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nomonym

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Krenko » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:03 pm

Yesssssssssssssssssssssss kick them off their boat XD, sounds like something I'd do.

Does my nose picking gross you out? It's not like a CONSTENT thing, just more then most people lol
doot doot
Krenko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me