❛ the lazy writers ❜

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:03 am

In your opinion, what's the best thing you ever wrote?
Gosh... At the moment it's either some of the pieces I did for Watermelon's 20 one-shot challenge or a few of the Stories to tell challenge. But honestly, I'm never really happy with anything.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CJClaire » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:04 am

I think that the last story I finished is the best that I've ever written, though it does need a lot of work! It's an urban fantasy story that's basically about magic in the city and essentially fights between fae courts and witches.

I think it's the best thing I've ever written, but that may also be because I'm just very proud of it and I'm very happy with it. I had a lot of fun writing it though, so I don't think it really matters if it's good or not. I enjoyed it, and that's good enough for me. :)
Hi! I'm CJ! I use she/her pronouns. I'm an adult.
I play ice hockey!
i'm working on publishing a YA urban fantasy novel, and am looking for beta readers, lmk if you are interested :3

toyhou.se
artfight
Art Shop
art instagram
CJClaire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:59 am

I always look back at my poem "common room" (see my wattpad but trigger warning(same user)) which I wrote and the final stanza of that still sends a chill down my spine (that sounded to vain but im really not exaggerating)

I also wrote a short story for my GCSE english coursework which was a really long description of someone making a beautiful painting and the final line was a huge twist as you find out that it was really someone being *self destructive* the whole time.

I'm hoping that by the time I finish it, I'll be as proud of my novel :D
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BucketORandomness » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:19 pm

Imma answer this in kinda three parts. Some of the best poems I ever wrote were for my Freshman English course. That teacher kind of pushed into my head that poetry is just the rhythm, and not necessarily the rhyme, so some of those got pretty interesting. I also did a thing for this year's English course where I was supposed to write something like a Shakespearean soliloquy from the perspective of Hamlet's Ophelia. That one turned out pretty good, but I haven't gotten the paper back, so I can't share it right now c:

The best short story I think I've written is one without a title that might be able to continue maybe if I try really hard. It was told from the perspective of a campfire and the inanimate objects around it. The whole idea came from a prompt, but it was really fun to write. Some other good ones have come from Ranger's picture prompts thread ((which is totally awesome, by the way)) including the two with Majus the dragon ((really proud of myself for connecting two of those stories. It was fun))

I think the best unfinished story so far ((something turning into a longer work)) would be either Periodic Tales of an Elemental Nature, or a so far untitled one I haven't posted anywhere where I'm experimenting with actually planning the story before I try writing it ((It's gotten so detailed, and there's kind of unintentional foreshadowing all throughout the chapters and stuff. It's going well.)) Pretty much anything I've written is either here, there, everywhere ((Sorry for all the random links. I thought it would be cleaner this way))

𝕭𝖚𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖙

Not disclosing gender or age
Yes, I role play
Hey, I write! Coolio!
....Periodic Tales of an Elemental Nature
....More by Bucket
Open to making new friends!
It's my sig, but not my images
Mind. Blown. >^.^<

ImageImageImage
BucketORandomness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby offline. » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:48 pm

ergh, I hate how inactive I've been ;#

My best piece so far is sadly one that contains more Pg-13 material that can't be posted here. I started the story with no planning beforehand, I didn't think of a plot or characters or any key points or what I wanted to happen- I just wrote, and I found it helped a good lot.

Has anyone else done anything like that?
<henlo- I'm Juni! I love cats and anime and I have no social life whatsoever. what more could you want in a person?>
ImageImage
offline.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BucketORandomness » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:53 pm

That's actually how most of my stuff goes. I'm trying out the planning route with a new story, but most of them are just kinda "Ya! Let's go wiiiiiith . . . THIS! And theeeeeeeeennnnnnnnn . . . Hrm . . . This? Sure! Why not?" which leads to some chaotic stories >^.^<

𝕭𝖚𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖙

Not disclosing gender or age
Yes, I role play
Hey, I write! Coolio!
....Periodic Tales of an Elemental Nature
....More by Bucket
Open to making new friends!
It's my sig, but not my images
Mind. Blown. >^.^<

ImageImageImage
BucketORandomness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:15 pm

The Worst Username wrote:@Ranger
    Looks cool! If I have time, maybe I'll check it out.

Code: Select all
[b]In your opinion, what's the best thing you ever wrote?[/b]
Thanks! >^.^<

This. But I think this is a close second. <3

VC103221 wrote:ergh, I hate how inactive I've been ;#

My best piece so far is sadly one that contains more Pg-13 material that can't be posted here. I started the story with no planning beforehand, I didn't think of a plot or characters or any key points or what I wanted to happen- I just wrote, and I found it helped a good lot.

Has anyone else done anything like that?
Yup! Most of my stories begin like that XP
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kolechia » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:09 pm

Well honestly, the story I'm working on now is the best thing I've ever written. super nervous about sharing this but oh well- This is what I have so far. It isn't amazing or anything but it is the best thing I've done and is something I'm proud of. It needs a lot of tweaking but it's just in its early stages :)

@VC103221 That is usually what I do as well. I've gotten in a habit now though to at least write a very basic summary of what I'm going to be writing about so I have a basic guide to follow. This is only because I have a habit of rambling and I go off topic very quickly
xxx
.✦ Charlie - He/They - Adult ✦.

.✦ There's No Night Without Stars ✦.

Hello! I don't tend to use this site much anymore but I'll still pop on every now and then. I hope to make some new friends regardless.
xxx
kolechia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Worst Username » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:29 am

@Bucket
    I loved that first poem. Also, the Periodic Table story and the campfire...my goodness, they were strange, but somehow that worked really well.

@VC103221
    How long is the story? If it's longer than ten pages, then the fact that you can write without planning is really impressive.

I don't know. I can write short stories with no planning, no characters, and sometimes they will turn out great. But if I try to write a longer story (20+ pages), then everything falls through really quickly.

I've also been doing this thing that's apparently called "Draft Zero"--I write everything out with minimal planning, as quickly as possible, just to get a "feel" for the story. Then, I plan out my story meticulously for the next few drafts. Do any of you do this?
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby galaxy, » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:44 am

@VC103221

i've done both things-
        once with planning, once without (on the actual stories i feel like ending haha)

my problem with the no-planning, even though i'm 116 pages and around 60k words in, is that i'm completely stuck with absolutely no idea how to continue... tho it's probably bc i'm a professional procrastinator. also, the middle part of the book, at least for me, is always the hardest.

the one with the planning... i dunno, i love the story and the plot and everything but i still have to see how it works out
galaxy,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me