❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby Ranger of the North » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:02 pm

AriDeZu wrote:Melody, hello! Welcome!

Hello to the people who aren't dead and are writing!

So, I'm thinking of posting a story on here. Kinda like what Mai (and I'm sure others) has/is doing. I'm not sure what I want to write about yet and I want to get back into the habit of writing regularly and I'm hoping this will help. Any suggestions? I like writing fantasy/action type things, though I'm willing to try something new. I greatly appreciate any advice or ideas that are thrown my way.
Dragon~!
XD
I found some for you, because procrastinating is always fun. c; AND THESE ARE GREAT
c:

@Badger it still feels good though, right? c;

Do you guys still roleplay? and if you do, what genre?
I've actually never roleplayed! c:
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minimire » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:07 pm

do you guys still roleplay? and if you do, what genre ?

oh i roleplay lots of genres actually. even more than those i write about. fantasy, science fiction, romance, contemporary.

@ranger man i actually really like that last prompt! i think i might write something outta that XD

minimire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:12 am

do you guys still roleplay? and if you do, what genre ?

I've never really been interested in roleplaying, and probably never will be. It's not my kind of thing, to be honest.

My story's going onto the 6th page, and I'm almost at the finish (probably got 1/2 pages left ish)
I'm not overly sure how I'm actually going to resolve it, in my nightmare I just woke up, not to mention there's been no planning behind this at all :lol:
Hopefully an ending will just write itself you know ^^'
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arya22 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:24 am

Yep I do, it's actually the only thing I do on here. XD
I roleplay mostly fantasy, action, historical fiction, romance... Lots of that stuff.
Bookworm | she/her | bi & demisexual
I am Arya22 and I'm a female who likes reading
Pm me to chat about anything at all!
Signature coded by Amburned. Thank you!!
Arya22

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:36 am

@badger and melody- A bit late, but welcome to the thread! Stay away from carrots, they're despicable.

@Ranger- I love those prompts?? I might actually use one sometime.

Eh, no. I used to all the time, though. Every now and then I'll find one that sounds pretty interesting, but usually it dies. As for genre, dystopian and fantasy are definitely the ones I do/did the most. But my favorite roleplay I've participated in (it's dead now cri) is a Harry Potter rp. That was amazing, haha. And I've done a few Percy Jackson ones as well.

Guys I finally got my hair dyed yesterday for the first time and it looks really cool AAAAAAA I'm so happy with it! I was really nervous, but??
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BucketORandomness » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:23 am

No? I want to say yes, reallyreally badly, but life just got in the way, and I had to pull out of my more active group RPs because I couldn't keep up with them and stuff. I do have a couple of 1x1 RPs that are up, even if the partners haven't replied in a while ((and one I'm avoiding, but we won't talk about that)) If you're asking because you're looking for a partner, [1]There's a thread just for that in the RP section, and [2]I am willing to "co-write" a "book" with you, so long as you're alright with slow responses >^.^<

@Ranger, wonderful prompts! I promise I'm reading your story. Got to the fight in the alley, and so far it's looking good!

@AriDeZu, you could try finding something common in your house and pretending it's an alien in disguise, write about a world where it's in a fantasy time but technology exists as a "myth," pretend we're the aliens on someone else's planet, look up a video of "people who have real superpowers" and make the backstory and such for one of them ((Or a group if you get that one with a bunch of the same special "disappearing" effect))

𝕭𝖚𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖙

Not disclosing gender or age
Yes, I role play
Hey, I write! Coolio!
....Periodic Tales of an Elemental Nature
....More by Bucket
Open to making new friends!
It's my sig, but not my images
Mind. Blown. >^.^<

ImageImageImage
BucketORandomness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sparrow; » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:48 am

I used to, but I don't like it anymore. I do still like writing collab stories though, but roleplays always get annoying. I actually only stopped RPing recently.

Anyways, I had a dream last night and it was super awesome. I want to write a story about it, but the way it played out was more in the style of a movie (well, I was watching it as if it was a movie). I've only ever written a script twice - one was an awful mess I wrote many years ago, and the other wasn't as bad but still pretty terrible. Do you think I should try writing a script again? I probably will hate it once it's done, and I'm already working on two other projects... but I kinda want to create it anyway!

Edit - I'm trying to write FR lore for the first time, and it's so terrible... any lore writing advice from anyone?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
text text text text text
text text text text text
text text text text text

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
link goes here | link goes here
link goes here | link goes here
signature credit
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
text text text text text text text text text

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sparrow;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lysander » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:36 am

@sparrow; what did you want help with in particular? o:

also hi everyone! i'm new to cs and i'm happy to be in such a creative community! i've been roleplaying and writing on and off since 2006 and i have terrible commitment issues... i'd link my writing blog but a lot of the material is too dark for cs LOL

re: roleplaying
i love doing it but honestly i can't commit to an rp at all these days, so i prefer just exchanging headcanons or writing solo since there's no pressure to reply that way... i miss it a lot but none of my favorite partners roleplay much either anymore so... oy vei i guess?

i've never written anthro or quad characters before www all my ocs are human save for a handful of demons and deities... i'm trying something new since i would like to break into the adoptable community >:3c

also i really need to finish the dozen or so short pieces i forgot about only like 2k words in looool
┌─────────────────────┐

lysander   he/him  about
 chronic hand pain haver
kalonsartadoptswritingtoyhouse
icon by my friend!

└─────────────────────┘
lysander

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:50 am

Hi Lysander, welcome to the thread, and to CS! Avoid carrots, they're deadly to writers! (To be honest, 2k is pretty good going from my perspective, the most I get to is 1k if I'm lucky ^^)

However, on a completely hypocritical note, my short story has reached 2,800 words and is still not finished. My wishful thinking yesterday was hindered by totally not getting drunk and ignoring it whoops. It will probably be finished soon, but I don't really know where I'm going with it haha.

If anyone would want to read what I've got so far, feel free to PM me with the understanding that there is some swearing and a bit of gore. It's probably like 1k words away from the end (ish).
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lysander » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:57 am

@winged;

thank you for the welcome!! also true, i'm kind of a short sprint writer myself so i'm impressed i even managed to get as far as i did !!! but my end goal is to Actually Write A Book Eventually so 2k vs. ~50k minimum for nanowrimo... (@___@) i have a lot to work on... the longest thing i've written was my last nano attempt @ around 7k words but upon rereading it, i hate the style i wrote in it so much... so i'm gonna end up rewriting pretty much 5k words of it ;;; o-|-<

i noticed i usually write more/better when i'm also ~not completely there~ and by that i mean running on <3 hours of sleep or none at all LOL... i need to pick up some of these fics so i can finally post them somewhere ...

man i really wish i could share my wips but the latest one i've worked on has ... gratuitous gore... OTL
┌─────────────────────┐

lysander   he/him  about
 chronic hand pain haver
kalonsartadoptswritingtoyhouse
icon by my friend!

└─────────────────────┘
lysander

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes