❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:16 pm

hnnn hi guys
ugh
I haven't had a good time with writing lately, I think I burned myself out pretty hard in November and ever since then everything feels a bit stale
I feel like I just need to take a pencil and paper (I write mainly online) and just scribble for a bit to get my juices going again

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Kira Nightblade. » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:20 pm

TheSongOfTheStars wrote:hnnn hi guys
ugh
I haven't had a good time with writing lately, I think I burned myself out pretty hard in November and ever since then everything feels a bit stale
I feel like I just need to take a pencil and paper (I write mainly online) and just scribble for a bit to get my juices going again

Honestly same v.v (And I didn't even finish Nano) All the usual ways that I usually get motivation (watching/reading movies and books that really impacted me, stuff like that) doesn't seem to be working, meep
vibin
Sae the Fae#6926 on discord
.Kira Nightblade.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:23 pm

.Kira Nightblade. wrote:
TheSongOfTheStars wrote:hnnn hi guys
ugh

Honestly same v.v (And I didn't even finish Nano) All the usual ways that I usually get motivation (watching/reading movies and books that really impacted me, stuff like that) doesn't seem to be working, meep

Drawing has really been a huuuge distraction. Its like instant gratification? I draw the thing and its done. But when I'm writing there's always more story than needs to get done. Also I think I might be forcing myself a little/trying too hard to stick to a theme and that's not helping
I hope you find a way to get your motivation back as well : (

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby drift. » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:07 pm

aaah wow, so, this may not be a huge thing for anyone else, but I finally published the first chapter of my short novel on Wattpad!

It's only been 8 weeks of non-stop changing and editing and revising because- the life of a perfectionist :') -
but I have about 10 chapters edited and ready for publishing, so that's exciting as well. I think I finally have my pacing down ^^
drift.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby atlas; » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:13 pm

boop so this doesn't die forever
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 5 people.
I have received 18 gifts.
atlas;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BucketORandomness » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:31 pm

oof I have awful timing. Anyway, I figured I should let y'all know, since you've been my favorite part of CS since I found you. I'm going to be deactivating soon. Remember, though: y'all are great, your ideas are amazing, you are fantabulous people, and you can totally write that one thing that's been stuck in your head for absolute ages. I believe in you! >^.^<

𝕭𝖚𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖙

Not disclosing gender or age
Yes, I role play
Hey, I write! Coolio!
....Periodic Tales of an Elemental Nature
....More by Bucket
Open to making new friends!
It's my sig, but not my images
Mind. Blown. >^.^<

ImageImageImage
BucketORandomness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Kira Nightblade. » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:47 pm

BucketORandomness wrote:oof I have awful timing. Anyway, I figured I should let y'all know, since you've been my favorite part of CS since I found you. I'm going to be deactivating soon. Remember, though: y'all are great, your ideas are amazing, you are fantabulous people, and you can totally write that one thing that's been stuck in your head for absolute ages. I believe in you! >^.^<

We'll miss you! <3 Good luck with life!
vibin
Sae the Fae#6926 on discord
.Kira Nightblade.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:17 pm

popping in for the first time since August and I'm legit tempted to reply to everything for old time's sake
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:49 pm

Ayeee hi! It's been so long!! I saw this on my posts and thought I should pop in too, it's been so long :')
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:05 pm

Silver Pandorica wrote:Ayeee hi! It's been so long!! I saw this on my posts and thought I should pop in too, it's been so long :')
Hiiiii, it's so good to see you again! How's CITR (did I remember it right?) going?

I read through the few pages I missed and only found a couple things that seem worth responding to directly, so I just want to say welcome along to the new(er) people, and that I enjoyed the bits and pieces of writing that have been posted!

I know that world has been a bit crazy this year, so how is everyone? Has anyone's writing/creativity been affected? What are you all working on, or would like to work on?

Zeena wrote:~snip~
Hoping to push through and actually finish the story before the end of the year. I have an idea for the ending but the problem is now trying to execute it in a way that's done nicely and doesn't sound rushed or random, among getting rid of this writer's block.
Did you end up managing to finish it? XD

What's your favorite simile/metaphor?
I love creating or finding new ones, but I can't remember any in particular rn

It's good to be back c:
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups