❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby Kenobi. » Sat May 13, 2017 11:20 am

Do you listen to music when you write? If so why do you listen to it?
Do you change what you listen to based on what you are writing?

Yes, I hate silence. There always has to be a constant noise, otherwise, I get scared when there's a sudden noise (even though it's usually just one of my cats)
Well, i've only been writing one thing, which is a Star Wars story, so I listen to Star Wars music. I'm honestly surprised I don't start writing the words from the song into my story :lol:
Kenobi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Worst Username » Tue May 16, 2017 10:30 am

A new museum is opening on the 16th in Chicago! I know a lot of you don't live anywhere near there, or even in the US, but Chicago made an American Writer's Museum. Check it out here.
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Tue May 16, 2017 3:30 pm

Huh, cool!! ^^
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby anxious ghost » Tue May 16, 2017 7:07 pm

Have you ever tried writing from the view of someone telling the story who wasn't in the story?
Why or why not?

Nope. I don't even write in first person.

Do you have any stories or written pieces inspired by other works?
E.g stuff based off video games, movies, tv shows etc Doesn't have to be the whole
story it can also be certain plot elements or characters.

Reading always effects my writing, but I don't actually base it on anything.

Yup, varies per song, and yup.

What writing piece/story are you most proud of and why?
The only thing I've really worked on is War of Kings. It's the one I've worked longest and hardest on.

What is the most amount of chapters you have ever written
for a story?

Six. There will definitely be more.
╔════════════════════╗
ghost // they/it
nonbinary // queer
ghostkin // otherkin

just a gay lil ghost
not very active anymore

sig by me
╚════════════════════╝
anxious ghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Tue May 16, 2017 7:29 pm

I found some brilliant music to write to. Oh look, I'm finding music to write to, but NOT FREAKIN WRITING!!!! It'll be great even if you don't watch Doctor Who: Clicky clicky
"An eye for an eye
Hello! I'm Wren! I'm in my mid-teens and live
in New Zealand. I enjoy writing, reading, watching videos,
cosplaying, and drawing occasionally! I'm a Christian,
and always up to meeting new friends!

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| Stories| A03 | Wattpad |
| RWBY | Merlin | Doctor Who | HP |
| 🐦| 🐺 | 🔬 | 🦊 |
|

and the world goes blind."
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aliria » Wed May 17, 2017 12:54 pm

Have you ever tried writing from the view of someone telling the story who wasn't in the story? Why or why not?
Nope. I'm not sure why, I've always liked stuff written that way (*cough* Series of Unfortunate Events *cough*)

Do you have any stories or written pieces inspired by other works? E.g stuff based off video games, movies, tv shows etc Doesn't have to be the whole story it can also be certain plot elements or characters.
A lot of my stories take a bit of inspiration from stuff I read (for example, Impossibility took a bit too much inspiration from X-men), but I don't tend to write fanfiction or anything, and I always try to take the ideas I use in a different direction than how it was originally done.

Do you listen to music when you write? If so why do you listen to it? Do you change what you listen to based on what you are writing?
I tend to listen to music when I write, mostly because I already have music playing when I start to write and I don't bother to pause it. If I'm actually trying to set up writing sound, I like rainycafe for ambient noise, since it doesn't have words or tones that affect my writing. I can't write well without some sort of noise, since my family tends to be loud and distracting.

Ooh, I don't know... Impossibility made it to 13 pages, which is a lot longer than any of my other stories usually get, but only the first chapter or so was actually any good. A few of my poems have been decent, I guess.

What is the most amount of chapters you have ever written for a story?
Five chapters in Impossibility. Most of which were short and awful.

The Worst Username wrote:A new museum is opening on the 16th in Chicago! I know a lot of you don't live anywhere near there, or even in the US, but Chicago made an American Writer's Museum. Check it out here.

Ooh, cool! I might be going to Chicago this summer, so I may check it out!

Ugh... I feel like writing something, but I have no ideas at all... Which is weird, usually my problem is too many ideas.
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kenobi. » Wed May 17, 2017 1:02 pm

junebug. wrote:
Anyone know how to... Y'know get ideas because everything i think of is either cliche or taken by book series i love heh

Nope. I have that exact same problem.
Kenobi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Wed May 17, 2017 2:03 pm

Use the cliché or the taken ones. Practice with them. When you keep going, you'll learn or have an idea eventually. Also, you could use writing prompts. Literally, just look up writing prompts on the internet, whatever you think of for what you see do it, just a little.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DeMaizu » Wed May 17, 2017 5:08 pm

junebug. wrote:Anyone know how to... Y'know get ideas because everything i think of is either cliche or taken by book series i love heh

It doesn't matter that your ideas are cliche or already taken; it's what you do with that cliche, it's what direction you take with the book that's already taken it. Take, for example . . . uh, fairy tales. They've been told and re-told, over and over and over again, and everyone keeps coming back to them, the old and the new. Why? Because even though they are the same story, they're not. The characters are portrayed differently, the setting is given to you differently, even the fairy tale itself will be tweaked to amtch what the writer sees. Does that make sense?
DeMaizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Wed May 17, 2017 5:23 pm

@Winged- Sounds cool, but not something I'd personally be interested. Just my taste, I suppose. I prefer the regular chapter by chapter style c:

@Junebug- I've got the exact same problem. All I can say is write about what you love or what gets you passionate. If you love what you write, that'll show through and it won't matter so much if you're using cliches. Like De said, it's what you do with the cliches. It's what you do with the ideas already taken. Take them in a different and unique direction. Put your own little twist on it!

Have you ever tried writing from the view of someone telling the story who wasn't in the story?
Why or why not?

You mean like third person? Yeah. I used to prefer it, but now I don't really like it as much. Third person limited or first person is my preferred type of style. (Sorry if that isn't what you meant ;w;)

Do you have any stories or written pieces inspired by other works?
E.g stuff based off video games, movies, tv shows e.c.t Doesn't have to be the whole
story it can also be certain plot elements or characters.

Yep. My story "Confound Nexus" was heavily inspired by the Maze Runner series. So much so that I kinda sorta...quit? It was too similar, so I didn't want to keep it going.

Depends on my mood. If I'm in the mood for music, I'll play it. Sometimes I just prefer silence, but if I'm at school, I'll usually play music when writing. Sometimes I just like the background noise, and other times I need inspiration or happy music to keep me going. I listen to a lot of stuff, jumping around depending on what I feel like listening to. I play a lot of Owl City, TobyMac, The Piano Guys, P!ATD, and Pentatonix. I don't change it based on what I'm writing, that would just distract me from my actual writing.

My ongoing story, "Caught In The Rain." For one thing, it's the farthest I've ever made it in a story before. Sixteen chapters so far! Plus, I actually planned out a majority of the plot. I usually just wing it, so it's really nice to know what I'm doing and where I'm headed for once. Also, I'm really attached to my characters and I think that helps when writing for them. Even though I torture them sometimes.

What is the most amount of chapters you have ever written
for a story?

Like stated above, sixteen! Working on seventeen currently c;
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items