❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby Klain » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:46 pm

What tone have you been using lately in your writing?
    Seriuosly but in some parts I tried to be funny (wich Works pretty bad :D)
Klain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ufos » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:50 am

hello! i’ve never posted here before, but i’m ufos, and i like writing (of course haha). i don’t think i’m very good at it if i’m honest but i enjoy it. i’m writing a story right now here. :O

in my current writing piece i’m shooting for kind of somber but funny in it’s sincerity. although, i think my writing usually just turns out illogical and skitterish but that’s alright, because my pov character definitely is.

Is it okay to write your story out of order?
yes yes yes! it’s more than ok! it’s super helpful when outlining especially if your story has a twist.

Do you have problems with giving characters names?
hm, not really. most of my characters have pretty regular names, so it’s not really a problem coming up with them.

Have you ever made characters by using personality type systems (MBTI, Enneagram, etc)? How did it work out for you?
nope. i feel like those kinds of tests are usually pretty general and i want my characters to have traits and quirks that you can really pick out like real people, so that wouldn’t really work for me.
    translate your love into action
    mac or joel he/him adult

great cs artist @pyjamac
ufos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:07 am

Welcome Ufos! I'm Free/Song/Star or you can just abbreviate and call me TSOTS. Watch out for carrots! They're quite deasly to us writers.

Guuuuys I joined 2 more prompt challenges, what do i doooooo?

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moonblaze-Angel » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:26 am

Do you have problems giving characters names?

Nope. I always do extensive research on names before starting anything. I usually choose names and then personalities, actually.

Have you ever made characters by using personality type systems (MBTI, Enneagram, etc)? How did it work out for you?

I hadn't even heard of Enneagram before. I took it. I'm a 5/1/6 if that makes any sense to anybody, lol. I haven't actually started out with this, but I do usually type my characters and then if I have a situation later that I don't know how they would react, I ask someone with that personality type about it. Usually works pretty well, especially if they have the same type as me.
Moonblaze-Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:01 pm

Sat in the airport with writers block for the next chapter pfffffft

Hopefully the plane with be more inspiring than this place
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ufos » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:47 pm

@winged-backpack aw, man. i’m sorry about that. writer’s blog sucks big time. i hope you get some inspiration soon!
do you do outline? i know it can be a pain in the but, but it definitely helps reduce writer’s block for me when i actually have some idea of what needs to happen next.
    translate your love into action
    mac or joel he/him adult

great cs artist @pyjamac
ufos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Teya~ » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:10 pm

TheSongOfTheStars wrote:Welcome Ufos! I'm Free/Song/Star or you can just abbreviate and call me TSOTS. Watch out for carrots! They're quite deasly to us writers.

:0000000

You could try
doing them? xD

*cowers*
Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Psych, and Doctor Who NERD. My Viscets RP
Image Image Image
I'm also a Viscet nerd c: If you haven't heard of them click here and tell them I referred you please ^-^
Check out my NEW and improved Art Shop! My prices are still negotiable c:
My WIP story, ♛ The Prince, ⚔ the Soldier, & the Gifted ☀ #2 <3
~Teya~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sparrow; » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:17 pm

Hey guys, I made a writing competition! It's a one-word prompt - birds. It's here, if you want to enter. I'd also appreciate it if you could check and make sure I didn't miss anything in the first post, and that it makes sense. Thanks!

Nope, that sounds interesting though. I'm terrible at making good characters, haha c:

haha what writing i dont write I have no idea what tone I use. It varies, I think? I probably mostly use a serious tone because I do that in school, and it might have affected the way I write fiction too.

Do you have problems giving characters names?
Not usually. There are a few characters I've struggled with, particularly Slate. I don't know their real name, or even their gender, and I've already started writing. I'm terrible at making characters and planning... but ah well.

TheSongOfTheStars wrote:Welcome Ufos! I'm Free/Song/Star or you can just abbreviate and call me TSOTS. Watch out for carrots! They're quite deasly to us writers.

Join more. Finish none.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
text text text text text
text text text text text
text text text text text

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
link goes here | link goes here
link goes here | link goes here
signature credit
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
text text text text text text text text text

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sparrow;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:28 pm

ufos wrote:@winged-backpack aw, man. i’m sorry about that. writer’s blog sucks big time. i hope you get some inspiration soon!
do you do outline? i know it can be a pain in the but, but it definitely helps reduce writer’s block for me when i actually have some idea of what needs to happen next.

I actually do, i posted a few pages ago answering that exact question with an example of my outline, it's just a matter of thinking of more interesting ways of getting a character to go through a door, deal with what's in the room, and close the door again. (Welcome to the thread btw, you can call me Dev ^^)

(I'll answer the questions a little later. Back in rainy old England, on the coach home ^^)
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mooney » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:40 am

hi guys c: I'm not around here very often as I don't write a lot; I've only posted a couple times before.

anyway - I had this idea, but for some reason I can't put it into words. I wrote what would probably be the last "scene" of the story, but I don't know how I would phrase the rest of it, lol. when I write, I can't start from the beginning and write chronologically. I'm also terrible at actually creating the entire story before I start, I just start someplace and hope it leads somewhere.

hope y'all enjoy it I geuss? c:

It’s been three years.
    I close my eyes. Let the wind brush against my skin like soft fingers, let them trace my profile. For a few moments, I let myself feel nothing. The dark hole inside me is just that - a dark hole. Nothing matters. But only for a few seconds. Upon opening my eyes again, the wave of pain comes rushing back.
    I’m wearing a black, shoulderless dress that reaches down to my knees. It’s cheap and simple, and yet has so much meaning. Maybe not to others, because they will never understand. They don’t know what we had. They never will.
    In my hand are a handful of flowers. They’re for him.
    The graveyard in front of me is so empty, so quiet, it looks nearly haunted. However the daylight tells me otherwise, even with the grey clouds covering the entire sky. Makes it… less creepy. I don’t want to think about how this place looks like at night.
    I’m still standing in the gate that leads into the graveyard, not daring to walk further. After all, I promised myself not to cry. Not today. But right now, I’m unsure I can take one more step and not let the tears pour like rivers. My heart beats loud and fast. I can hear it inside of my head, and I can feel it in my entire body. I think I can even feel the blood rushing through my body, and my face, and it takes me a moment to realise those are tears that I’m feeling.
    I drop the flowers in my hand, and turn around. And I walk away.

like my writings always are, it's super short. and I don't know how it sounds like when others read it because I have this image in my head and don't know how to put it out in words. and my stories often raise more questions than they answer - why is the dress so significant? what was the relationship between the two of them like? why and how did he die?

if you have any feedback, I'd love to hear it!
    ❝ those windermere peaks look like a perfect place to cry. ❞
    ━━━ she/they . adult . flight rising . pms are always open!
mooney

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me