Based on Click to view
Artist ImmyWimmy1 [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 14 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Cottonwood Ranch Jousting Tournament Horse #10

Postby ImmyWimmy1 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:12 am

This stallion is quite the oddity. He is a Sooty Grullo Rabicano, with a Blaze and two Half-cannons. His colours are Golden Orange and Deep Pink and his symbol is that of the Falcon. The Falcon is said to represent Speed and Manoeuvrability.

o s h u n wrote:
      [center]Image

Username: o s h u n
Show Name: Nothing Fazes The Falconry
Barn Name: Tercel (Traditional term for a male falcon)
Breed: Trakehner
(Because medium weighted charger horses (warmbloods) were used in jousting for their speed and agility. The closest comparison for these jousting horses can be found in either highly schooled dressage horses or highly trained war horses. The Trakehner is a breed well known for being used in the war and in modern days, dressage.)
Colouration: Sooty Grullo Rabicano
Personality:
(Before Training/Story)
Before he met Natalie Westman, Tercel was unruly and detested human contact. He was only calm when surrounded by other horses. Tercel was deemed as untrainable and useless as anything but a stud.
(After Training/ After the story)
Tercel is an independent and quiet stallion who does as he is asked no matter what it might cost him. Despite his fierce loyalty it is hard to tell if Tercel actually enjoys the company of humans, as he gives no outward signs of enjoying human contact or even that he enjoys work. Tercel is a strong well muscled and statuesque stallion, who can often be found standing stock still, staring into the distance as if searching for something beyond the horizon.

History/story:
Ear splitting cries sliced through the silent morning, followed by impatient crashes of young hooves against a stall door. A teenage boy came rushing down the aisle, peering over the stall door and down at a little greyish foal. His sudden appearance caused the young horse to flinch in the empty stall. The young colt had begun his weaning that morning and the blond teenage boy could tell that this little colt was going to be the most difficult of the bunch. With a smile the boy eased himself into the foals stall and stood quietly in the corner, looking under his lashes and the now quiet foal who regarded him with suspicion. The boy would come to spend many days like this, peering in at the young horse with a kind but critical eye, sizing up the horse and living out a hundred fantasies of what the young horse would become.
~Two Years Later~
Sun glinted off of the horses sweating back as he raced circles in his rather small pen, showering dirt into the flow of people walking down the wide alley between holding pens. As the gates to the auction house opened various animals of all kinds were herded or rode into the small arena to be paraded in front of harsh gazes and sized up by cheap buyers. Cows called lazily protests as they were brought in one chute and out another, ropes and small sticks used to gently encourage the beasts to move forward. As the bidding ended on cows the horses and ponies were beginning to be auctioned off, a handful of the audience left to tend to their freshly bought cattle, not interested in wasting money on what were called 'bargain bin horses'. From the stands a girl in her mid twenties watched as a broodmare and her foal were walked out of the arena. From the entry chute came a few distressed calls and a lot of loud bangs. As the gate to the exit chute was latched shut the entry doors opened quickly and a large grullo rabicano stallion came charging into the small pen, his breath steaming from his nostrils despite it being a fairly warm day. The panicked stallion ran circles, squealing and kicking at the fence every time the announcer spoke through the speakers. Just when she was convinced that the stallion was untouchable a small blonde boy leaning heavily on a cane entered the pen, and simply put his hand out in front of him, his eyes closed, as the stallion charged straight for him. A gasp rippled through everyone as the horse slid to a stop, nearly slamming into the boy before backing up a few steps and gently nudging his granite muzzle against the boys still hand. Instantly the girl felt her hand go flying up to place a bid on the unruly stallion. And before she knew it the stallion was chased down the exit chute and out into the holding pens, and a bill of sale with her name on it was waiting for her signature in the office. Feeling dazed the woman walked from the arena down to the holding pens, finding her horse wasn't hard as all she had to do was follow the deep gouges his hooves had left in the packed dirt. When she found him he was pacing anxiously in his pen, this one was significantly larger than his first but smaller than the auction arena. his ears swiveled in constant motion as he surveyed the auction area, completely ignoring her presence. With a sigh she headed back up to the auction house to sign for her new horse. She had come here to buy a new horse for her fathers renaissance fair business. He had built a small town and fenced off a large corner of his cattle farm in order to rent it out and host renaissance fairs. There were millions of city people who would come to drink and buy handmade clothes and custom paintings. There were always fun horse trail rides and some archery lessons. The men who worked at the fair would put on mock jousting shows every Wednesday and nurse fake injuries. When her father had first proposed the idea she had laughed at him and went along, thinking it was just a joke or he was going through a crisis that day, which often happened since her mother had died. But when he started building the fences and paying his ranch hands overtime to help him make the houses and buildings she had wondered if it was wise to let him live out this dream for a year, only to give up on it halfway through. But her dads confidence and determination never faltered. He got loan after loan to build up the fairgrounds and after ten years the fair had already paid for itself. Tourists traveled from across the world, sometimes bringing their own horses (Which had to be quarantined for awhile to ensure no diseases had come with them). Her father didn't really partake in the fair himself, but when he did he played the butcher or a jouster. The reason she was here was because his prize jousting horse had pulled up lame after tripping over her own feet during a jousting match. So she was instructed to come here and look for something quiet and reliable, and end up buying the complete opposite.

"Natalie Westman?" the lady behind the counter asked, looking at the paper that proved that she, Natalie, and bought the stallion that was currently being loaded with much difficulty by the auction hands. "Yes ma'am. My dad is the one who runs that ridiculous renaissance fair." Natalie added an eye-roll and a gentle head shake as the woman laughed at her, handing her the papers and wishing her luck with her new horse. Natalie could help but keep the skepticism out of her voice as she thanked the woman and headed out the door and into the dirt parking lot where her horse was currently rearing and refusing to walk into the trailer. Without a word she grabbed her rope from the back of her truck and headed back to where her stallion was now backing up at top speed away from the trailer. With a grunt she threw the rope around her horses rear end and pulled it snug, causing the stallion to lash out and rocket forward into the trailer, stopping and filling the parking lot with his protests. Natalie already knew what she was going to tell her dad. That she was not taking him back and that she would give up her beloved roping horse, Blue, for him to ride in the fair if it meant he would give her the chance to train the young stallion. She climbed into the driver seat of her beat up old red pickup and slammed her door, turning her key and causing the truck to roar to life in a rather unflattering way. She had just reached down to put it in drive when a familiar blonde boy hobbled out of the office, shouting at her and waving wildly. With a sigh Nat left the truck in park and peered out of her rolled down window. "Whats up kid?" She asked, voice empty of any emotion.
"That was my horse, I just wanted to give you some advice about him." The young boy panted, gripping his cane with both hands.
"He was supposed to be my horse but after I got injured he didn't have much human contact." The boy was slowly regaining his breath, he ran his right hand through his hair nervously, still leaning heavily on his cane. "He is a good horse once you get him calmed down. I don't think he likes being alone much, as I am sure you can tell. Once hes isolated from other horses he gets totally crazy." Natalie looked down carefully at the small boy, he didn't seem too irrationally upset to see the horse go, he seemed to accept it fairly well for a child who couldn't be older than thirteen.
"Alright well, my name is Natalie, Ill give you my email and you can message me anytime and Ill ask questions if I have them. I cant promise that I will own this horse forever, as I help run a business that is dependent on the horses being friendly and reliable, but Ill try to keep you updated." Natalie reached into the glove box and pulled out a business card for the fairgrounds, and scrawled her email on the back of it before handing it out to the boy through her window. "Does he have a name?" She asked cautiously, fearing it might be something ridiculous like Tiny or the fearfully common 'Storm'. the blonde boy slyly gazed up at her "Nothing Fazes The Falconry. But I just call him Tercel, it means male falcon. When he was born he looked just like a little falcon hatching, and hes quick as one too." The blonde boy took a few hasty steps away from her truck, waving goodbye as she shifted into drive and slowly pulled out of the parking lot. Natalie knew she had a lot of work ahead of her, but having met the boy she swore to herself that she would not give up on the difficult stallion. He had the potential to be one of the best horses on their fairgrounds and he had the bloodlines to be a quality stud.

Other:
The banner at the top that says Tercel was made by me ^^
[/center]
Last edited by ImmyWimmy1 on Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ImmyWimmy1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Cottonwood Ranch Jousting Tournament Horse #10

Postby Arrows » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:22 am

Okay, I think I'm going for this one! [is there still going to be a black and red one?]
Last edited by Arrows on Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by serBronn

isleen
caswallon
my chwr horses

I <3 my horse Indigo
ℓ ι ν є у σ υ η g. ℓ ι ν є ƒ я є є. ℓ ι ν є ƒ є α я ℓ є ѕ ѕ.

My Kiamara, Odysseus. Click the picture to the right to see information & all art for Odysseus!

by Niluna
Arrows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ImmyWimmy1 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:15 am

ImmyWimmy1 wrote:
Judging: 22nd January 2014. Good luck! ^u^
ImmyWimmy1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby o s h u n » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:02 am

(Because medium weighted charger horses (warmbloods) were used in jousting for their speed and agility. The closest comparison for these jousting horses can be found in either highly schooled dressage horses or highly trained war horses. The Trakehner is a breed well known for being used in the war and in modern days, dressage.)
Personality:
(Before Training/Story)
Before he met Natalie Westman, Tercel was unruly and detested human contact. He was only calm when surrounded by other horses. Tercel was deemed as untrainable and useless as anything but a stud.
Tercel is an independent and quiet stallion who does as he is asked no matter what it might cost him. Despite his fierce loyalty it is hard to tell if Tercel actually enjoys the company of humans, as he gives no outward signs of enjoying human contact or even that he enjoys work. Tercel is a strong well muscled and statuesque stallion, who can often be found standing stock still, staring into the distance as if searching for something beyond the horizon.

History/story:
Ear splitting cries sliced through the silent morning, followed by impatient crashes of young hooves against a stall door. A teenage boy came rushing down the aisle, peering over the stall door and down at a little greyish foal. His sudden appearance caused the young horse to flinch in the empty stall. The young colt had begun his weaning that morning and the blond teenage boy could tell that this little colt was going to be the most difficult of the bunch. With a smile the boy eased himself into the foals stall and stood quietly in the corner, looking under his lashes and the now quiet foal who regarded him with suspicion. The boy would come to spend many days like this, peering in at the young horse with a kind but critical eye, sizing up the horse and living out a hundred fantasies of what the young horse would become.
~Two Years Later~
Sun glinted off of the horses sweating back as he raced circles in his rather small pen, showering dirt into the flow of people walking down the wide alley between holding pens. As the gates to the auction house opened various animals of all kinds were herded or rode into the small arena to be paraded in front of harsh gazes and sized up by cheap buyers. Cows called lazily protests as they were brought in one chute and out another, ropes and small sticks used to gently encourage the beasts to move forward. As the bidding ended on cows the horses and ponies were beginning to be auctioned off, a handful of the audience left to tend to their freshly bought cattle, not interested in wasting money on what were called 'bargain bin horses'. From the stands a girl in her mid twenties watched as a broodmare and her foal were walked out of the arena. From the entry chute came a few distressed calls and a lot of loud bangs. As the gate to the exit chute was latched shut the entry doors opened quickly and a large grullo rabicano stallion came charging into the small pen, his breath steaming from his nostrils despite it being a fairly warm day. The panicked stallion ran circles, squealing and kicking at the fence every time the announcer spoke through the speakers. Just when she was convinced that the stallion was untouchable a small blonde boy leaning heavily on a cane entered the pen, and simply put his hand out in front of him, his eyes closed, as the stallion charged straight for him. A gasp rippled through everyone as the horse slid to a stop, nearly slamming into the boy before backing up a few steps and gently nudging his granite muzzle against the boys still hand. Instantly the girl felt her hand go flying up to place a bid on the unruly stallion. And before she knew it the stallion was chased down the exit chute and out into the holding pens, and a bill of sale with her name on it was waiting for her signature in the office. Feeling dazed the woman walked from the arena down to the holding pens, finding her horse wasn't hard as all she had to do was follow the deep gouges his hooves had left in the packed dirt. When she found him he was pacing anxiously in his pen, this one was significantly larger than his first but smaller than the auction arena. his ears swiveled in constant motion as he surveyed the auction area, completely ignoring her presence. With a sigh she headed back up to the auction house to sign for her new horse. She had come here to buy a new horse for her fathers renaissance fair business. He had built a small town and fenced off a large corner of his cattle farm in order to rent it out and host renaissance fairs. There were millions of city people who would come to drink and buy handmade clothes and custom paintings. There were always fun horse trail rides and some archery lessons. The men who worked at the fair would put on mock jousting shows every Wednesday and nurse fake injuries. When her father had first proposed the idea she had laughed at him and went along, thinking it was just a joke or he was going through a crisis that day, which often happened since her mother had died. But when he started building the fences and paying his ranch hands overtime to help him make the houses and buildings she had wondered if it was wise to let him live out this dream for a year, only to give up on it halfway through. But her dads confidence and determination never faltered. He got loan after loan to build up the fairgrounds and after ten years the fair had already paid for itself. Tourists traveled from across the world, sometimes bringing their own horses (Which had to be quarantined for awhile to ensure no diseases had come with them). Her father didn't really partake in the fair himself, but when he did he played the butcher or a jouster. The reason she was here was because his prize jousting horse had pulled up lame after tripping over her own feet during a jousting match. So she was instructed to come here and look for something quiet and reliable, and end up buying the complete opposite.

"Natalie Westman?" the lady behind the counter asked, looking at the paper that proved that she, Natalie, and bought the stallion that was currently being loaded with much difficulty by the auction hands. "Yes ma'am. My dad is the one who runs that ridiculous renaissance fair." Natalie added an eye-roll and a gentle head shake as the woman laughed at her, handing her the papers and wishing her luck with her new horse. Natalie could help but keep the skepticism out of her voice as she thanked the woman and headed out the door and into the dirt parking lot where her horse was currently rearing and refusing to walk into the trailer. Without a word she grabbed her rope from the back of her truck and headed back to where her stallion was now backing up at top speed away from the trailer. With a grunt she threw the rope around her horses rear end and pulled it snug, causing the stallion to lash out and rocket forward into the trailer, stopping and filling the parking lot with his protests. Natalie already knew what she was going to tell her dad. That she was not taking him back and that she would give up her beloved roping horse, Blue, for him to ride in the fair if it meant he would give her the chance to train the young stallion. She climbed into the driver seat of her beat up old red pickup and slammed her door, turning her key and causing the truck to roar to life in a rather unflattering way. She had just reached down to put it in drive when a familiar blonde boy hobbled out of the office, shouting at her and waving wildly. With a sigh Nat left the truck in park and peered out of her rolled down window. "Whats up kid?" She asked, voice empty of any emotion.
"That was my horse, I just wanted to give you some advice about him." The young boy panted, gripping his cane with both hands.
"He was supposed to be my horse but after I got injured he didn't have much human contact." The boy was slowly regaining his breath, he ran his right hand through his hair nervously, still leaning heavily on his cane. "He is a good horse once you get him calmed down. I don't think he likes being alone much, as I am sure you can tell. Once hes isolated from other horses he gets totally crazy." Natalie looked down carefully at the small boy, he didn't seem too irrationally upset to see the horse go, he seemed to accept it fairly well for a child who couldn't be older than thirteen.
"Alright well, my name is Natalie, Ill give you my email and you can message me anytime and Ill ask questions if I have them. I cant promise that I will own this horse forever, as I help run a business that is dependent on the horses being friendly and reliable, but Ill try to keep you updated." Natalie reached into the glove box and pulled out a business card for the fairgrounds, and scrawled her email on the back of it before handing it out to the boy through her window. "Does he have a name?" She asked cautiously, fearing it might be something ridiculous like Tiny or the fearfully common 'Storm'. the blonde boy slyly gazed up at her "Nothing Fazes The Falconry. But I just call him Tercel, it means male falcon. When he was born he looked just like a little falcon hatching, and hes quick as one too." The blonde boy took a few hasty steps away from her truck, waving goodbye as she shifted into drive and slowly pulled out of the parking lot. Natalie knew she had a lot of work ahead of her, but having met the boy she swore to herself that she would not give up on the difficult stallion. He had the potential to be one of the best horses on their fairgrounds and he had the bloodlines to be a quality stud.

Other:
Last edited by o s h u n on Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:53 am, edited 5 times in total.
o s h u n

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ImmyWimmy1 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:18 pm

@ o s h u n: If you wish to finish your form, let me know when you have and he's yours.

New deadline for all other forms: 26th January 2013
ImmyWimmy1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby o s h u n » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:54 am

Okay, I FINALLY finished. *wipes forehead* that story...ugh.
o s h u n

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ImmyWimmy1 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:29 pm

o s h u n wrote:

Personality:
(Before Training/Story)

History/story:
~Two Years Later~

Other:

Congratulations, he is yours! ^u^
ImmyWimmy1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me