Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre -- Horse Competition Si

Postby heroloid » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:33 am

I'd like to purchase an item!

Username: Kedamono
Horse: Summer
Item(s): English Mane Braids
Purpose: Dressage
Price: 150c
Bank account: x

Did i do this right?

u can call me alfred or alfie ^_^
he she it star prns - bi transguy
autistic - special interest is hetalia!
hetalia + senjuushi + fallout + rdr2
isfp gemini (06/10) horse therian!!!
@aphamerica on discord + heroloid on most socials
dms open 2 anyone but i take a while 2 respond

heroloid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SydneyandStorm » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:36 am

ᴋᴇᴅᴀᴍᴏɴᴏ wrote:

Item(s): English Mane Braids
Price: 150c
Bank account: x

Did i do this right?

Yes, that is absolutely correct! No worries! ^^
SydneyandStorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby heroloid » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:41 am

Figuring out how to update my bank account right now ^^

u can call me alfred or alfie ^_^
he she it star prns - bi transguy
autistic - special interest is hetalia!
hetalia + senjuushi + fallout + rdr2
isfp gemini (06/10) horse therian!!!
@aphamerica on discord + heroloid on most socials
dms open 2 anyone but i take a while 2 respond

heroloid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SydneyandStorm » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:00 am

Hello, all! caf. suggested a mentor system not too long ago and I've finally gotten around to putting it to use <3 So, without further ado, here's how it works:

If you want to be a mentor:
Simply submit the form below to the main thread! By signing up to be a mentor, you agree to take on at least one new user, answer their questions, give them advice, show them around, and just generally help them out with anything that can help them along in the game ^^ Your mentee is authorized to ask you any number of questions for help or advice without feeling like they're overburdening you or asking questions that waste your time, so make sure you don't sign up to help unless you're okay with that. You can offer to help an unlimited number of members, but if you aren't sure how much time you'll have, it's probably better to stick with a lower number. Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated! <3 To sign up, simply fill out the form below and I'll put your name on the list and match you with any users who need your help ^^

Code: Select all
[center][b]I want to be a mentor![/b]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Barn:[/b]
[b]I can take on up to:[/b] _ members[/center]

If you want a mentor:
All you need to do is submit the form below to the main thread as well ^^ Any member, no matter how long you've been participating in RVEC, can ask to receive a mentor. Even if you've been around for a long time, if you feel like you could use some help in getting around RVEC, you are just as welcome to ask for a mentor to help you on your feet <3 Your mentor will be around to answer any questions you may have and offer you advice to be successful in the RVEC world! In the future, signing up for a mentor can be done through the joining form c:

Code: Select all
[center][b]I want a mentor![/b]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Barn:[/b] [/center]

That's that for today's update! Breedings, imports, and new member horses should be done soon <3 I'm so sorry adopts have temporarily halted but they should be back up and kicking in the near future!

Finally, don't forget to PM your horses up for public stud to me so I can add them to the stud book! c: That'll be a huge help to me!
SydneyandStorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby heroloid » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:13 am

Item(s): Trimmed tail
Price: 100c
Bank account: boop

If its okay to ask, may someone help me with the math?
Since im currently failing in the subject i dont wanna get anything wrong.
heroloid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SydneyandStorm » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:36 am

ᴋᴇᴅᴀᴍᴏɴᴏ wrote:

Item(s): Trimmed tail
Price: 100c
Bank account: boop

If its okay to ask, may someone help me with the math?
Since im currently failing in the subject i dont wanna get anything wrong.

Kedamono, you make an excellent point about these bank accounts being so difficult. Hopefully I've come up with a solution for RVEC folks who don't want to worry about the math!

Here is a link to a sample bank account I've made on Google Sheets. This can replace your RVEC bank account if you would like to not have to worry about doing the math anymore! To use it, simply open the link, go to File > Make a copy..., and then place your own financial information in the account. If you've been running an account for a long time, you don't have to re-enter all your old finances; just put your starting balance as your current balance and don't wipe your bank account history on the thread.

Here's how it works:
You never, ever have to do even a tiny bit of math! There are exactly four columns you need to edit (five if you're bringing your old account over): Profits, Reasons, Expenses, and Reasons (and Starting Balance if you're bringing an account over). In the profits section, put the number of c earned (without the 'c'), and in the reasons section, write what you earned it from. In the expenses section, put the number of c spent (without the 'c' OR a negative sign; it is very important that you do NOT make anything negative under the expenses!) and in the reasons section, write what you spent it on. That's it! The Google Sheet will take care of everything else for you.

You can adjust the colors however you want, whether you want there to be no different colors so that it's all black and white or if you want there to be a bunch of different colors representing your stable. The only things you have to remember not to touch the text of are the total profit (D2), total expenses (G2), and final balance (H2) boxes, although you can still change their color.

The important thing to remember about having your bank account on Google Sheets is that you must have it set to view only when you post the link in your bank account. If you don't have it set so that anyone can view, I won't be able to see your bank account, but if you have it set so that others can comment or edit, you'll run into problems. Just make sure you're aware of that! Also, please make sure that whatever you use to create a Google Sheet for your bank account does not reveal your actual name (for safety reasons).

So there you have it! If that's easier, then feel free to give it a shot ^^

As for your question, Kedamono, you'll just subtract that extra 100 from your current 9,850, so you'll end up with 9,750 as your final balance ^^
SydneyandStorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spirit • daydream » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:42 am

I want a mentor!
Username: APH Siantia
Barn: De La Lune

A question for someone ^^
So when you want to join competitions what are you supposed to do when you have a 3 day-eventing? I know you have to probably buy something, but what is it that I have to buy and do with all of that?
spirit • daydream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SydneyandStorm » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:02 am

APH Siantia wrote:
I want a mentor!
Barn: De La Lune

A question for someone ^^
So when you want to join competitions what are you supposed to do when you have a 3 day-eventing? I know you have to probably buy something, but what is it that I have to buy and do with all of that?

Glad to have you in the program! Your mentor is iStarz & Everly c: Please feel free to PM them if you need any help! <3

As for your question, for three-day eventing, you'll need equipment from jumpers, cross-country, and dressage, though you'll only need one of each kind of equipment for each discipline (so you won't need to buy splint boots twice). Once you've bought it and specified that it's for three-day eventing, I'll add the items to your horse and you can get started competing as soon as you've purchased them! c:
SydneyandStorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spirit • daydream » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:04 am

Horse: Jun-Ho Rangi
    Item(s): Splint Boots, Ear Bonnets, Greased Legs, English Braided Mane, Trimmed Tail
    Color(s): Mainly Black with a White Stripe
    Purpose: Three-Day Eventing/Competitions
    Price: 475c
    Bank account: DLL Bank

I hope I'm doing this right? Thank you!
spirit • daydream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups