My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: faline readopt!

Postby coziest » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:38 am

a last minute extension has been requested, and with very good reasoning, so i accepted. this officially ends today at 2pm, and no later. thank you for your patience and entries, i look forward to judging them! feel free to make any last minute edits, but no later than 2pm EST. thanks.
▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰
──────────────────────
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kd ✧ she/her
friendly neighborhood loser

an angela plum
goatlings

slowly quitting cs...
all pets/items uft for art
of my characters here!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
──────────────────────
coziest

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jayus » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:48 am

name: emrys.

what is their hobby?: emrys designs phone cases. they sell online and in little booths that they tend to when the season is right. the way they do this particular hobby is by ordering blank cases (whether they be plastic, wood, metal, or any variety of such) & taking what inspiration hits them to the case. this results in a great diversity with their many instruments available to them. while it does take a good amount of time, it really is a relaxing way for them to earn money on their downtime.

why do you want this kal?: i always get nervous about typing out sections on why i want a character, so bear with me here. i'd like this kalon to add another character to the world my friends and i have been building with our kalons. we rp nearly every day now, and i'm only growing more attached to all the kalons we've developed.

how many kals do you own?: 7; all are used & drawn privately.

extras: below!

profession: while many try to make their hobbies a profession, Emrys prefers to keep them separated so that their hobby can remain an escape and a way to relax from the strain of the day. currently, Emrys works as a lights and background director for Howl's circus and theaters when they're not at the circus. this job involves working with lots of wiring, determining the mood of the setting so that lighting can be appropriate, and knowing when to respond to or give cues. it's a heavily involved job, despite how asleep Emrys always appears while working it.

how they are with the circus: while working with the theaters pays more, Emrys enjoys their time with the circus more. the dynamics keep them more awake than the theater does, which is a rather impressive statement considering the constant state of exhaustion that Emrys feels. despite that, they really do enjoy fraternizing with the other circus workers.

personality: overall, Emrys is a really dedicated person in general. whether it's dedication to getting in little naps, dedication to getting where they want, or dedication to their friends, Emrys has it all. it may surface as rougher traits (such as rudeness if they can't convince people to their point of view on how lighting should work), but they end up a rather tolerable person overall. they grew up learning how to read off old plays, so their speech reflects this, as does their handwriting, for some reason. it also translates to somewhat unrealistic dreams and fantasies over how life will end up in general, although they pretend to others that they're "married to their work".

while dedication may be one of the main driving factors behind Emrys, motivation is definitely something they struggle with. even though they absolutely love seeing projects through, getting started is incredibly difficult, as they struggle with a variety of things preventing them from starting it. one of those is a fear that once they start, they could make a terrible mistake that makes everything awful. unfortunately, this fear often tends to lead to them procrastinating and doing a sub-par job due to not giving themselves enough time. subsequently, they slip into a self-fulfilling prophecy where they simply get worse and worse until somebody kicks them out of the cycle. usually, this cycle can be observed with their cycling between the theater and the circus. since the circus moves from place to place, the new scenery & renewed energy of the crew.

a fault; Emrys does have one major downfall, and that is their inability to even go a week without taking a nap. Their workdays are good for them due to the fact that major performances are almost always in the evenings (so they can nap beforehand), but it still doesn't change how tired they are all the time. And yes, they're very aware of this inconvenience and the effect it's having on their life. Unfortunately, they're still not sure how to overcome it at all.
jayus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby roelian » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:00 am

Good luck!

samael || he/they || adult
|| ✧ nep ✧ || ✧ jean ✧ ||
roelian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shortstripe12 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:05 am

name: Strawberry lemonade (berryade)
what is their hobby?: Making treats for all her friends and talking through everyones problems with them. She is extremely caring and loving and loves to enter contests to show off her baking and cooking skills.
why do you want this kal?: Because I always miss them and this would be my very first.
how many kals do you own?:0
extras:She is extremely compassionate and puts other ahead of her. Her friends love her and can't get enough of her cooking!
Shortstripe12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby roelian » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:06 am

This has ended already
Last edited by roelian on Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

samael || he/they || adult
|| ✧ nep ✧ || ✧ jean ✧ ||
roelian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bellaamor18 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:09 am

name: Sherbert
what is their hobby?: Taking peaceful strolls
why do you want this kal?: I've never owned one before and I love this design!
how many kals do you own?:0
extras:
Bellaamor18

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Trphlthdl » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:54 am

Good luck!
x
xxxxxxx
🌿🌿🌿
trp | they/them | avatar
feel free to pm or send a trade at any time, although i'm not typically super active
i'm most interested in c$, mushroom or flower themed pets & items, as well as trading
for recreated pets! I've also recently started dnd, and am usually looking for art.
🌿🌿🌿
Trphlthdl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: biscuit

Postby coziest » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:32 pm

so sorry for the wait, i had a really hard time choosing between a few entries!

you all had such cute entries, but after a very hard decision, i've decided that this kal now belongs to septemberr! i really love your development of hibiscus already, and maia's relationship with her is the cutest. axolotls are also adorable-i just loved everything about your entry! congrats, i know you'll take great care of her!

thank you all for your entries, i really enjoyed reading them all and i wish you luck in your future contests!
──────────────────────
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kd ✧ she/her
friendly neighborhood loser

an angela plum
goatlings

slowly quitting cs...
all pets/items uft for art
of my characters here!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
──────────────────────