username;; howlingtothestars
name;; Sirius
gender;; Male
gender for breeding purposes;; Male
favorite constellation;; Orion
affiliated planet;; Mercury
astrological zodiac sign;; Gemini

prompt one - describe this viscet's world and how does it affect them? 459/500

Sirius was found on KeiNairi when he was just a few weeks old. His origin was unknown and, after a week of looking into, was tossed to the side once it was clear that his parents would not be found. He was raised by several viscets and was passed around every year. It was not because he was too much to handle, but perhaps the opposite. Sirius always seemed to make his keepers feel disturbed when he was around, particularly when his mind would leave him to travel the stars. He would sit there for hours at a time, gazing at the sky with a blank expression, never moving or speaking unless he was touched or had been sitting for several hours. No one knew the reason behind these moments that he had, and when he was asked why he would reply with a simple shrug or, if asked at night, would simply state that the sky was beautiful.
    When Sirius was old enough, he was quickly sent out to live on his own and experience life alone. Unlike many young viscets, he was not afraid or hesitant, but enthusiastic. Alone, he was finally able to visit the stars to his heart’s desire and never be disturbed, and that is exactly what he did. He climbed a tree, cleared a view of the sky through the branches, and sat there for days, only stopping to quickly eat or drink.
    KeiNairi is a large world filled with strange abilities and circumstances which has created open minds and curious hearts. The land is riddled with mysteries and the residents within live a wide variety of lives. Despite all of this, Sirius is not accepted by all who meet him. Many who encounter this viscet will deem him as terrifying or eerie, even if he may never speak a word to them. To Sirius, this does not matter. He does not interact with the viscets on KeiNairi often enough to care much of what they think of him. Instead, his heart belongs to the stars above.

What is his secret, you ask? Why does he decide to gaze at the stars for hours at a time? To put it simply, from the world KeiNairi, Sirius can see life within the stars. He sees it flowing and cycling, traveling to and from worlds in an endless chain of rainbow lights as souls are taken and carried to and fro to experience the wonders of the world. Siris is uncertain of his purpose upon this particular world or the cause for his strange sight, but he does know that his existence on this world is for a cause, and that this world will gradually guide him down the right path to the truth.

prompt two - describe the constellation that this viscet feels most strongly about 499/500

Everything in life is done for a purpose, and whether we see it or not, that purpose remains firm and true until the end of time. Sirius holds tight to this belief and it has shaped his life in many ways.

Sirius feels the strongest about the constellation Orion, which is the name of a Greek hunter. This constellation is one of the most recognizable and boarders the famous constellations of Gemini and Taurus, as well as Eridanus, Lepus, and Monoceros. Along the hunters belt rests the brightest star in Earth’s night sky, and one of the top ten brightest in KeiNairi’s, is the Dog Star, or Sirius, which means “glowing” in Greek. Sirius is most visible in the north during winter and, if it were to be placed next to the sun, would be about 20 times brighter.
    Learning about this star and his shared name with it brought many questions to Sirius’ mind and he began to piece together hints like a puzzle to try and work out why he would share a name with this particular star. He started with Sirius’ location, within Orion. It was a part of the hunter’s belt, which is a tool that is useful but not needed and which often holds many things for someone to use. In a hunter’s case, it could hold a knife, gun, or even just some water. Sirius rested on the thought that Sirius the star must be something on the belt rather than a part of the actual belt. He then began to go into the time Sirius is best seen, in winter and in the north. His best answer was that the rotation of the earth brought it closest to the star at that time, which meant that Sirius was always used, though only called upon for a certain time period and in a certain location. He then focused on its brightness, particularly in how it compared to the sun. The sun is the life giver of the worlds and keeps things safe and warm so life can thrive and repopulate, but what if the sun were to be replaced by Sirius? Likely many things would change and could evidently lead to disaster. Though Sirius was a better source of light, it was not meant to replace the primary life giving source. Finally, Sirius focused on its other name, Dog Star. This was the trickiest part for him, as the name seemed to be more of an insult. However, after taking a more in depth look, Sirius found that perhaps that meant it was loyal to the hunter and would always be in the same place, ready to be used at the hunters call.
    Sirius still does not see the full connection between his name and this star, but day by day he is gradually pulling his mind closer to what he feels is the solution. To him, his shared name could be the answer to the infinite questions he has in his head.

three extras max 250 words / one art per extra; two required
Last edited by Hail. on Fri May 26, 2017 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(formerly howlingtothestars)

ImagexImagexImage

┌─────────────┐
coding My Characters
DA Art Sales Amarogs
Cinderclan Avatar

└─────────────┘
● ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ● ●
┌─────────────┐
Back to college!
Heya! You can call me Howl, I'll
respond to both c:

└─────────────┘
Hail.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Batch #938 - UFA

Postby -Shaded- » Sat May 20, 2017 10:29 am

username;; -Shaded-
name;; Kenadra (Often called cap)
gender;; Female
gender for breeding purposes;; Female
favourite constellation;; Ursa Major! There is more than have Big Dipper!
affiliated planet;; Saturn
astrological zodiac sign;; Capricorn

prompt one - describe this viscet's world and how does it affect them? maximum 500 words
Kendra lives in a world of chaos, war, and pain. The depressing world will often grab people and gets them caught up with the chaos... but Kendra is different. She chooses to surround herself with fun and strong and reliable friends that will protect her in the long run. Kendra and the group protects each other and survive in the wilderness away from government authority and oppression. The negative feelings will often reach though the underbrush but Kendra will often try to ignore it but will sometimes get the best of her

prompt two - describe the constellation that this viscet feels most strongly about maximum 500 words

Wip
╔════════════════════════════╗
They/Them | Virgo | Artist/Animator
----
Hey, I'm -Shaded-
I enjoy lots of things like music, art,
Panic! at the disco, and voltron! *cough* plance.
If you have a good plance fanfic please Pm me lol

-----
To-do: Not die
DA - Characters - Art Shop - Art Fite
Viscets - Dork - Amarhi
ImageImageImage
Avatar By- Yugi | Center Sig pixel- me
I do own the character Romero (avatar) and Nora (siggy)

╚════════════════════════════╝
-Shaded-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby padaleckii » Sat May 20, 2017 5:16 pm

username;; ~prophecy~
name;; pandora
gender;; female
gender for breeding purposes;; female
favourite constellation;; pegusus
affiliated planet;; saturn
astrological zodiac sign;; capricorn

prompt one - describe this viscet's world and how does it affect them? [~429/500]
Mythos. It's a large northern kingdom of crystals and riches that is all about fashion. Mythos is a divine place to live. There are few job options though. You either make bread rations, design or make clothes, are a trader, or mine crystals. There are two types of crystals. Edible ones "ne dlvgar" filled with minerals and good nutrients and super pretty and shiny ones "oreri" that are great for decoration and anything related to fashion. Mostly everyone who lives there loves jewelry and clothes. They value materials highly, and some families even marry for wealth, but most usually let their children marry for love. Pandora is one of the fashion designers. She was found to be skilled at making clothes at a young age, therefore getting a job early and becoming rich early in life. It was her passion, but that soon faded as more rules and boundaries restricted her own creativity. Pandora found that designing was more her style as she could use her own creativity to make something instead of following another's design. From the day she sparked fame, she tried to hide herself to live a normal life, but didn't succeed. She is very humble and gives a lot of her profits to the miners who are less fortunate and the children to encourage them to follow what they want to do, not what they are guaranteed to do. Though she can be self absorbed, she never brags about her work. Pandora likes being different, the styles she makes are so much more different than other designers. Blues, pinks, silvers, and purples are common in Mythos, as the Oreri crystals that are found everywhere are commonly found in those colors (While Ne dlvgar are commonly found in matte/dull black and dark blue) Those colors have been adopted as favorites by many. Finding Oreri of different colors is rare, but ironically those gems are seen as worthless by many. Pandora loves those gems, and is always collecting up vibrant reds, beight greens, and other colors to place in her work. She likes custom making things for people so she can frequently keep designing, so she never needs mass amounts of these rare crystals. Tiny flying creatures, nicknamed Work Faes, help Pandora greatly. They often bring her items to use, like if she needed scissors or a new pencil. They help around here and there; will really do whatever asked of them. They are paid only in "Ne dlvgar" and shelter in the kingdom, in which their only two predators, werewolves and wyverns) can't get in.

prompt two - describe the constellation that this viscet feels most strongly about [~367/500]
There is something about Pegasus' that make Pandora smile. It may be that their fallen feathers look great in fashion and as accents to decor, it may be because they remind her of her mother, it may be their said-to-be gentle nature. Now, Pandora has never met an actual pegasus herself, but she has seen one a few times because of a royal delivery to the queen. At night when she opens up the dome that makes up the ceiling in her bedroom, she watches to see if she can catch the regeneration of the border. Now, the regeneration process is very quick, yet complicated. The creatures of Mythos bring down the shield that protects them- makes their kingdom look nonexistent even. Their are a few guards who watch the traps for any who try to break in. To get out, you must state who you are, a few things about you, and some other stuff. To get back in you must say these things, and and inspection takes place. It is a complicated process. Every night the shield is taken down for two to three minutes. This allows a much clearer view of the night sky. When she was little, her mother pointed out a constellation to her: Pegasus. She guided her eyes to each star and talked about the constellation for what seemed to be hours after the shield went back up. Pandora was awestruck by the new thought of pictures in the sky. Soon she began to get books from the library about stars and planets and galaxies- things that had seemingly been so familiar to her before. The thought of Pegasus brings Pandora to her childhood, to her loving mother, and even inspired one of her best selling lines of clothes. Pandora looks back fondly on the memories of her laying down with a pencil and drawing a Pegasus that fits the star placement- sometimes coloring it pink with a crayon or purple with a marker. One of her mother's favorite stories to tell is how she knew so much about the constellation that she sounded so smart because she would go around saying these big words as a little viscling.

extra one - how does this viscet typically react to rude people? [110/250]
You just gotta let it go. You can't please everyone. You can't be friends with everyone. Not everyone will like you. The best thing to do, in my opinion, and the thing I do, is I just let it slide. I either accept it by saying "I probably was this or yeah I guess it was that" or brush it off. Usually if you don't reply back they won't bother you. They want you to get all worked up and mad. If you throw comebacks at them- well... that's not going to make anything better. You are just making it worse for yourself. I personally just don't listen to them.

extra two - what are three things this viscet would not like to live without? [247/250]
There are obvious choices for what I would need. Ne Dlvgar, shelter, and water. But what I wouldn't want to live without... well... for starters I would say my art supplies. My entire business relies on what comes out of my sketchbook and a regular ole pencil. Sketching up designs and making patterns is fun to me, not so much work. So I would have to say that not being able to draw would be tough. Secondly, I would say bread. Honestly Ne Dlvgar gets boring, eating it everyday. Ne Dlvgar's taste varies like an apple, I've only ever had a few apples, but sometimes they are sweet, sometimes bitter. And fruit is amazing, don't get me wrong, but those are rarely served. Bread is a lot more common. I can afford a single loaf just about every week, and that's saying something, since I can make more than most in Mythos. If you compare the servings of bread to Ne Dlvgar you can see that bread ranges from four to eight times more expensive. I love bread so much. That first bite into a fresh loaf, ahhh. I would go crazy if it weren't for bread. The third and final thing is my telescope. I highly enjoy looking at the stars when the shield is at regeneration. The night sky is so beautiful. When I look through my telescope, my thoughts seem to clear away. I feel stress taken off my shoulders temporarily; It calms me.
Last edited by padaleckii on Sat May 27, 2017 6:48 pm, edited 9 times in total.

a hound chased a rabbit, but gave up after a long run.
      a shepherd who watched came up to the hound and said,
      "the rabbit is the better runner." the hound replied,
      "i only ran for dinner.
      he ran for his life."

my: viscet storage » orb cat storage » deviantart » toyhou.se

also formerly known as ~prophecy~ & elysiium but i've
      been here nine years so don't blame me for changing it.

»»»
padaleckii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pumpkin Cupcake » Wed May 24, 2017 3:47 am

username;; Pumpkin Cupcake
name;; Arikara (Air-ee-kar-aa)
gender;; Male
gender for breeding purposes;; Male
favourite constellation;; Pyxis Nautica
affiliated planet;;
astrological zodiac sign;;

prompt one - describe this viscet's world and how does it affect them? maximum 500 words
prompt two - describe the constellation that this viscet feels most strongly about maximum 500 words

xXx
Pumpkin Cupcake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ✦ nemuri » Fri May 26, 2017 11:11 am

quick reminder that there is only 6 days left to finish your forms ! if you need more time, please pm me before the end date <3
✦ nemuri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ✦ nemuri » Mon May 29, 2017 4:33 pm

funderful and i have received some questions before, and while we have answered them, we thought that it'd be best if we also added them here. the questions will also be edited into the front.
for the extras, is it one piece of art or 250 words? or can i do both for one extra? wrote:it's only one piece of art or 250 per extra, so if you did both of them for one extra, that'd be a no-no.
is mentioning that the viscet has loving parents okay? neither annabel lee or yin are mentioned wrote:in that case, it'd be perfectly fine! if adding family to the viscet will give it more character development, then please do. just beware when using viscets that aren't canonically made; you may gave them a personality, but you cannot describe them in depth, as they don't technically exist.
is prettying up okay? wrote:did i seriously forget to add that part? in any case, it is; while the main focus in on the viscet's character development, having a neat / organized form will net some small cookie points.

funderful would also like to mention that you may use her hute in the form. please direct all questions about him towards her!

last but not least, please be aware that this ends in three days. if there are less than three completed forms and no requests for extensions two days before the competition ends, then this will be extended for an extra week and a half. if you do plan on requesting an extension, please give us a preferred date, but under a week and a half.

thank you for reading and all your interest in this readopt thus far !
✦ nemuri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ✦ nemuri » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:33 am

a small note that this competition will be extended for another 11 days, meaning that it will end on june 13th now ! apologies for the lateness of this note, i had been a little occupied during the past few days ^^;
✦ nemuri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ✦ nemuri » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:02 am

a belated close for this competition! apologies, i was away for a school camp. i will discuss things with funderful as soon as possible !
✦ nemuri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ✦ nemuri » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:29 am

my fifth post in a row what is this;
firstly, id like to apologize to anyone who has been waiting patiently. I've been really busy with the end of the school year, and even after that I had to focus on piano, which I have an exam coming up, so I hope you can understand ^^;

And now, after all that waiting, I'd like to announce the winner of this competition as ~Prophecy~. While they were technically the one who completed the requirements of the form, funderful and I agreed that the overall concept of “Mythos” and how you managed to incorporate Pandora into it was very interesting. A land of gems and fashion...... Seems like an interesting place to live, although the job options do seem rather limited.

In any case, funderful and I would also like to offer some form of incentive to howlingofthestars. The language you chose while answering the prompt questions was deep and thoughtful, and while it was rather unfortunate that you didn't get a chance to finish your form, you can pm funderful and I to arrange an ooc breeding with any two of our viscets. If you want, you can use a viscet of your own.

Thank you so much for entering this competition and/or placing a mark, it was one heck of an experience to be able to overlook the competition instead of entering for once. <3
✦ nemuri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby padaleckii » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:52 am

Ahhhh thank you so much!! <3

a hound chased a rabbit, but gave up after a long run.
      a shepherd who watched came up to the hound and said,
      "the rabbit is the better runner." the hound replied,
      "i only ran for dinner.
      he ran for his life."

my: viscet storage » orb cat storage » deviantart » toyhou.se

also formerly known as ~prophecy~ & elysiium but i've
      been here nine years so don't blame me for changing it.

»»»
padaleckii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me