Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Yaeko Adopts V.2 by Calibri

Artist Calibri [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 10 minutes
Drawing sessions 12
28 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Yaeko Adopts V.2

Postby Calibri » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:30 am

(Art by qwertyo)

YAEKO ADOPTS
[ MAIN THREAD | FANCLUB | DISCORD | ARCHIVE | TRANSFERS | CUSTOMS | NURSERY | ARTIST SEARCH ]

WELCOME TO YAEKO ADOPTS!
Thank you for your visit. Why don't you take a look around and see if any of our adopts catch your eye?

WHAT IS A YAEKO?

A Yaeko [yay·kho] (plural: "Yaeki") is a creature from outer space who has somehow found its way into the ecosystem on planet Earth. Roughly the size of a Great Dane, these oddities have long and powerful hind legs enabling them of bipedal movement over short periods of time. Their front legs - structured more like arms - possess three long claws as well as a "thumb" claw. These claws are surprisingly flexible, leading some to believe they may be used as fingers. Yaeki have been observed using these claws to crack open nuts, spear fish and cut open fruits - some even using them to pick locks and open doors. Their heads are encased in a thick layer of "ivory" which works as a protective helmet for their otherwise very sensitive heads. Yaeki communicate through a series of chirps, similar to those of a bird, although domesticated Yaeki may attempt to mimick human speech in the same manner a parrot would. They are intelligent and curious creatures - behaving much like an average toddler - and possess a strong will to learn and please their owners.

The most fascinating aspect of a Yaeko's anatomy is the transparent "dome" attached to their chest. The dome itself appears to be made of some sort of glass-like material. The contents of this dome are unknown, but it appears to contain some sort of colourful liquid or mist. Floating around in the strange substance is a charm. Every Yaeko has their own unique charm used for identification - and surprisingly, keeping nightmares at bay. People with a Yaeko in their household report having fewer nightmares than people who don't. This leads to speculation that Yaeki "trap" good dreams in their domes for safekeeping so their owners may have the same good dreams over again.

RARITY CHART

Standard:
    Custom charm

Common:
    Claw edits, tooth edits (shape of teeth), tail edits, multicoloured dome, short fur (tufts on elbows etc.), short hair (above jawline when wet)

Uncommon:
    Custom ears, custom pupil, white pupil, custom tongue, underbite/overbite, long fur (lion manes etc.), backmane, long hair (below jawline when wet)

Rare:
    Extra eyes, extra limbs (up to six total), two tails, glow, small horns on head, small spikes on body, height edit (munchkin/reverse munchkin), extra ears (up to two pairs), halo, goop, cracked dome, whiskers

Legendary:
    Multiple heads (up to three total), multiple tails (up to six total), large horns on head (antlers etc.), large spikes on body, multiple domes, more than six limbs (up to eight total), elemental aspects, eyes on body (up to eight total), gene splicing, wings, visible bone, transparency

Non-Rarity Traits: (Does not pass down to pups)
    Weight edits (plump/skinny), heterochromia, limb deformation, scars or missing limbs (may be added by owner of Yaeko, must be approved by staff member), tattoos (may be added by owner of Yaeko, must be approved by staff member) expression edit (may be added by owner of Yaeko, must be approved by staff member)

Note: Custom lines are reserved for special occasions, but do not count as a trait.
Last edited by Calibri on Sat May 25, 2019 11:28 am, edited 12 times in total.
Calibri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules & Guidelines

Postby Calibri » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:31 am

GENERAL RULES

- Be kind and respectful to every member of the Yaeko community - harrassment is strictly not tolerated and may result in a ban.

- Yaeki are a closed species. This means that non-staff users are not permitted to create their own Yaeko adoptable.

- Yaeki may only be traded for other Yaeki - you may not trade your Yaeko to someone in exchange for art, currency or other species.

- You may not co-own a Yaeko with a friend. Once a Yaeko is adopted by a user they may not "share" it with a friend. You may trade your Yaeko or gift it to someone and by doing so you give up ownership to another user.

- Please do not whine or beg for a Yaeko.

- Respect the choices of our artists - if you don't win, you can always try out for another Yaeko adopt in the future. Respect deadlines, avoid excessively bumping unjudged competitions and refrain from bribing an artist into picking your form.

- Please don't mini mod. Any questions asked are to be answered by a member of staff. Please message any complaints and concerns you might have to me (Calibri).

LIMITS AND COOLDOWNS

- There are no limits to how many Yaeki a user may own.

- You may only win up to three Yaeki a month - nursery batches, customs and gifted Yaeki do not apply to this rule.

- A user may gift a Yaeko at any time. There are no limits to how many Yaeki you can gift each month.

- Users must wait one week after obtaining a new Yaeko before it is eligable to breed.

- Pups can be grown after three weeks have passed.

- Users must wait three weeks after breeding any of their Yaeki before they can request another batch.

BREEDING AND MATES

- Yaeki can be any romantic or sexual orientation and have as many relationships as they'd like.

- Yaeki can breed with Yaeki regardless of gender. These breedings always happen between two Yaeki unless an item is used.

- Yaeki may breed up to five times during their lifespan. The partner does not need to remain the same throughout all five breedings and a Yaeko can change partner whenever they want.

- The highest amount of pups in a litter will be four for common and uncommon Yaeki - pairings with at least one rare trait will get a maximum of three pups and legendary breedings have a maximum of two pups. This is to keep traits rare - the amount of pups will still be rolled for.

- Breedings will always ensure a minimum of one pup per owner involved in the breeding.

- Incestuous breeding is strictly forbidden and both Yaeki need to be grown for the breeding to take place. Relationships between pups and grown Yaeko are not allowed.

- Breeding slots are to remain public - you may not PM artists to "reserve" a slot.

HONOURABLE MENTIONS AND CUSTOMS

- By gathering ten honourable mentions you are qualified to ask for a custom.

- Payment for your custom depends on the artist - different artists may ask for different prices.

- Customs will never be based off of copyrighted characters (Harry Potter, Naruto etc.).

- Customs will not apply to your monthly adoption limit.

- When asking for a custom, you may provide the artist doing your custom with a colour palette and simple design requests (tiger stripes, spots etc.)

- The traits your custom will have will be rolled for by the artist. You may not request a specific trait you want.

- We will not provide full-on customs or MYOs at any time.

STRIKES AND BANS

Strikes:
    - #904849 (2/3)
    - #737655 (2/3)

Bans:

Failure to comply to our rules will result in a strike. If 3 strikes are issued, a ban will take place.
Last edited by Calibri on Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Calibri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff & Staff Rules

Postby Calibri » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:31 am

STAFF
Calibri - Owner
"Hii! My name is Calibri. I am the creator behind this species and I keep things running (somewhat smoothly) around here. I am a student - I go to school and do stuff like any other person does. This means I may not always be available, but I will do my best no matter what to answer your questions and messages as quickly as possible. My inbox is always open - hit me up if you want to ask me a question or just want to stop for a chat! I am the least spooky person you'll ever meet ~"

śreżoga - Co-Owner
"Yo, you may call me Jean. I'm a bit of a grumpy lady from Poland tiptoeing towards a career connected to drawing since primary school. I love puns, dad jokes, my three little feather babies, coffee, singing, drawing, the list goes on. I have a HUGE crush on Latin America, mainly Aztecs, the Nahuatl language and most things modern Mexico related. I'm not as scary as I make it seem."

Alcidesune - Co-Owner
"Hey there, you can call me Al or Alcides! I'm just an American dude with a passion for the abstract, arcane, and animalistic. I've also got a big love for classical or esoteric writings; Lovecraft, Crowley, Poe, Milton, mythological texts... The list goes on and on. Sometimes I do art, but for now I'm just a helper. Most days I'll be online either here or on Discord, so feel free to message me if you need anything!"

Kohalin - Artist
"'Ello there, you can call me coffee. I'm a small lil' Irish girl pursuing a career in software engineering. I have a huge passion for physics and maths but also enjoy doing art and design to destress myself. Writing and roleplaying are also my two biggest hobbies which I really enjoy. I'm online everyday though and my pm's are always open if needed!"

GUEST ARTISTS

N/A

STAFF RULES

- Be kind and respectful - treat people as equals, don't be degrading!

- End dates must be followed through - do not extend the competition more than 2 times if absolutely necessary and make sure your contest is judged within 1 month.

- You're not allowed to sell adopts for profit - Yaeki are a species meant for everyone, therefore we will never charge anything for our adopts!

- When posting an adopt, make sure you've checked the list and assigned the appropriate traits to your adopt before posting it!

- You may not remove the dome. However, adding additional domes other places on the body is allowed (this is considered a legendary trait).

- You may not edit the Yaeko's trademark egg-shaped head or erase the line separating the head and the body. Exceptions are to add an underbite trait or add fur that cuts off at the neck.

- Guest Artists may create adopts from standard and all the way up to rare. Legendaries are off-limits.

- Legendary adopts are to be planned in the staff Discord channel!

- Artists may make 1 custom for themselves each month all the way up to rare.
Last edited by Calibri on Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Calibri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Information & Lore

Postby Calibri » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:32 am

BUILD & ANATOMY
The ordinary Yaeko stands at around 32 inches at the shoulder, making these odd creatures around the size of a Great Dane. Their bodies are normally covered in smooth skin like a Sphynx cat, but some Yaeki are covered in an exceptionally short layer of fur. Their hind legs are long and muscular, enabling the mostly quadrupedal animal to walk around on two feet over short periods of time. The soft, flexible wrists on their front legs - which are structured much like arms - ensure that the Yaeko can comfortably walk around on all fours without straining their wrists. Their front paws possess three long claws as well as a "thumb" claw - these claws are surprisingly springy and flexible and can be used in the same fashion as humans use their fingers. Yaeki have been observed cracking open nuts and spearing fish with their claws which confirms the theory that they are omnivorous. Their heads are encased in a thick layer of ivory which acts as a protective "helmet" for their otherwise very soft heads. These helmets are durable and can take quite the beating before a Yaeko ends up with a concussion. It also shields them from high-pitched noises to some degree, which Yaeki are highly sensitive to due to their keen sense of hearing. Yaeki are survivalists - this is shown by their ability to change the speed which they age. Yaeki in a position where it's beneficial to stay young and cute might never grow past the pup stage while Yaeki in stressful situations where their survival heavily depends on reaching full-size quickly age exceptionally fast. However, the most fascinating aspect of a Yaeko's anatomy is the transparent dome attached to their chest. Contrary to popular belief, the dome does not connect to any internal organs - it is attached directly to the exterior of their chests. The dome itself appears to be made of some sort of strong, glass-like material with a colourful liquid or mist swirling around inside - the name of this substance is unknown, but is speculated to be made up of dreams in a physical form...

BEHAVIOUR & SOCIAL LIFE
Yaeki are social creatures, usually found living in small packs in the wilds - of course, there are exceptions, as these creatures have a wide variety of personalities and preferences. The dome on their chest is highly regarded in Yaeki communities - Yaeki will often polish their domes when looking to attract potential partners as a shiny dome is a sign of good health and cleanliness. Yaeki with broken domes often have a hard time fitting in with the rest of their kind, being viewed as careless and foolish by their peers - even more so if their charm is missing. Yaeki communicate through a series of chirps, similar to those of a bird, although domesticated Yaeki may attempt to mimick human speech in the same manner a parrot would. They are intelligent and curious creatures - behaving much like an average toddler - and possess a strong will to learn and please their owners. They are fiercely loyal companions and will do anything to ensure the happiness and safety of their friends and family. A happy and loved Yaeko will trap its owner's good dreams in its dome for safekeeping, working as a dreamcatcher to keep nightmares at bay - however, this can go both ways. Bad pet ownership leads to a vengeful Yaeko who actively collects nightmares to bestow upon their negligent owners...

PARENTHOOD
Much like their ability to halt or speed up growth, Yaeki can have eggs «on hold» and carry them around until their environment is stable enough to lay eggs. When a pair of Yaeki deem it safe to have offspring, they find a secure spot to set up their nest and lay their eggs. The amount of eggs laid usually range from 1-4. The egg itself is semi-transparent and glows with a faint light which reveals the blurry, shadowy silhouette of the Yaeko pup inside. The colour of the glowing egg determines the colour of the contents of the Yaeko's dome. Due to the egg's glowing appearance it is easy to spot in the terrain - therefore, to ensure the safety of their eggs, the Yaeko couple will take turns guarding the nest. One parent remains by the eggs at all times and provides them with warmth and safety while the other goes out to gather food to bring back to its partner. It takes roughly 4 months from the time the eggs are laid until they hatch. Most Yaeki form a strong and loving bond to their offspring which lasts for the rest of their lives.

SHAPESHIFTING
While the vast majority of Yaeki are feral, behaving much like dogs, certain Yaeki stick out from the crowd and may choose to present themselves in an alternative form. Yaeki are experts of mimickry - and this doesn't end at speech. Some go so far to attempt to take on the shape of humans. Yaeki humanoids look like humans, but are usually skinnier with slightly longer fingers and eyes as well as fewer toes - specifically four on each foot. Their teeth are sharp and pointy - shark-like, even - and compliment their other sharp features such as nose, cheekbones and jawline. There is no doubt they make attractive humans - however, the longer you look at them, the more disturbing details one may notice. Human, but not quite. Highly intelligent specimens of Yaeki may blend in with the human crowd in terms of behaviour while others appear out-of-place and may disturb humans with their strange way of moving, talking and acting in general. No matter how hard a Yaeko tries to blend in, they will always carry on the most prominent traits from their feral form - traits such as horns, glowing eyes and even wings have been observed on Yaeki humanoids. This leads to Yaeki being seen as "second-class citizens" who oftentimes struggle to get by with humans viewing them as lesser beings - exotic items - shunned for standing out from the crowd. They will carry their charm with them one way or another, usually as a piece of jewellery such as a necklace, ring or earring, but they may also choose to wear it as some other form of accessory. It is speculated that the dome may play a part in a Yaeko's ability to shapeshift, as Yaeki with broken domes who attempt shapeshifting end up somewhere in between human and Yaeko - a deformed monstrosity, shunned by Yaeki and humans alike.

(Art by qwertyo)
Calibri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Stamps & Affiliates

Postby Calibri » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:34 am

STAMPS

Image By śreżoga
    Code: Select all
    [url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=4009284][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/2ed7/f/2018/283/6/c/miniyaeko_by_t_0ra-dcp39ak.png[/img][/url]

Image By Dragonheart48

[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=4009284][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/475706948675829777/520330090085744641/dctsb6i-6455f2a9-df18-4ee2-9256-bfaf48aac6a6.png[/img][/url]

Image By Dragonheart48

[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=4009284][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/493113752359534592/543472463691120660/unknown.png[/img][/url]

Get in touch if you've made stamps and want to display them here!

AFFILIATES

PM me (Calibri) if you wish to become affiliates!
Last edited by Calibri on Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
Calibri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Yaeko Adopts V.2

Postby Calibri » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:34 am

Open for marking!
    ██