Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30437

Vaiki Adopts v3 by ege

Based on Click to view
Artist ege [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 1 minute
Drawing sessions 8
43 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Vaiki Adopts v3

Postby ege » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:41 am

About the species
    Vaikis are small, bipedal animals that grow up to about 3-4 feet tall at adult size. They’re built for walking and running on their back legs, with fins that help keep their balance while they run. They have clawed hands and padded, unclawed back feet. Although they originated in the desert, they’ve adapted to many different environments. Vaikis are omnivorous and can eat various types of food. Despite their gills and fins, vaikis are generally not suited to life underwater. The gill-like feature on their necks allows them to breathe underwater for short periods of time, but they get less oxygen than usual that way and still need to surface for air.

Dwarfism - Some vaikis remain smaller than others as they age, and only reach the size of a standard vaiki child. They are still able to reach adulthood and breed like any normal vaiki.

Fins - All vaikis have at least one fin, many having one of three common fin types. Many vaikis also have unique fins. Some dwarf vaikis are born without back fins, but this is a fairly rare trait that only appears in dwarf vaikis. Some vaikis have short tails without fins, but this is also quite rare. Some vaikis’ fins are more stiff than others, but they’re generally made out of fur and are able to collapse under them if a vaiki lays on its back. Many vaikis’ fins help keep them stable while running, but others are simply for show.

General Rules
    - Be polite and respectful to the community and staff. Don't cause unnecessary drama.
    - Vaikis are a closed species, you may not make your own without a MYO slot.
    - A vaiki's design may not be edited without edit items. All edits must be approved by ege.
    - There is no limit on the number of vaikis you can own.
    - Don’t steal other users’ vaikis, artwork, or designs.
    - Please notify ege of any ownership changes. Vaikis may be co-owned, but vaiki staff is not responsible for settling disputes about ownership.
    - The winning form for any vaiki adoption (including official adopts and readoptions) must be made visible to the public. PMing a form to the contest holder and refusing to share it with anyone is unacceptable, in order to ensure that there was a legitimate (and appropriate) form completed.
    - Agings may be done by anyone on any lineset as long as they are approved by ege. You can use the transfer thread for oekaki agings, or ask ege for psd/sai files of the CS or DA lines.
    - Ege will not revoke any vaiki unless it was illegitimately obtained (stolen/made without permission/etc.). Banned users will not have their vaikis taken from them if they were won/bought/traded for fairly.
    - If you want to transfer your vaiki(s) out of the species, discuss it with ege. Transferring out when you’re leaving the species or have other issues is allowed with ege’s permission, but please don’t try out for vaikis with the intention of transferring them.

Mascot
    The vaiki mascot, Rice Quackers, can be used by anyone in the community! Their personality, gender, and information is up to interpretation. Their design is the one shown on the main adopt oekaki.

Trade and Sale Rules
    - Vaikis that were obtained through a free adoption or breeding may be traded for other vaikis or characters, but they may not be sold for any currency. This includes MYOs bought with event tokens.
    - Vaikis that were bought for USD or points may be sold for no more than the amount they were originally bought for. Money spent on art can be added to their value, but please be reasonable with the total value.
Last edited by ege on Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:31 am, edited 14 times in total.
    I'm very busy, so please be patient with me. PM me again if I don't respond.

Image Image
    --------------• ege • any pronouns •
    ---------• toyhouse: ege • dA: egeshells •
    Image Image
ege

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Edit and MYO Rules

Postby ege » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:41 am

MYO rules
    - MYOs can be made on the official lines or on custom lines as long as the edits are listed.
    - You may only transfer a pre-existing design onto a vaiki if you made the design yourself or have explicit permission from the designer.
    - They can be made as children, adults, or dwarfs.
    - They must have back fins and tail fins.
    - MYOs must be approved by ege.
    - MYOs can be revamped as long as you stop using the previous design and get permission from ege.

Silver Coin MYO Rules
    - These vaikis may not be edited, and they must use one of the three standard fin types.

Gold Coin MYO Rules
    - Gold coins allow any edits within reason except for those listed in the restricted edits list.
    - Vaikis can have small tufts/fringes but not hair.
    - Ask ege about any edits you’re unsure of.

Restricted Edits (edits that may not be used)
    - Changes to the general bipedal body structure.
    - Removal of or changes to their gill structure.
    - Magical powers.
    - Wings.
    - Hair.
    - Floating body parts.
    - Color changing markings.
    - Canine/feline/etc. nose/snouts.
    - Inanimate objects attached/part of their body (removable items are fine).

Edit Notes
    - All vaikis must have at least one fin on their back or two on their tail (one on each side).
    - Only dwarf vaikis can be created without a fin on their back. If this is the case, they must have tail fins.
Last edited by ege on Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:46 am, edited 5 times in total.
ege

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Currently Available Adopts

Postby ege » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:42 am

Last edited by ege on Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:37 am, edited 13 times in total.
ege

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff

Postby ege » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:42 am

For now, the only official staff member is me (ege). Please direct all questions and concerns to me. I am currently not looking for more staff members.

Guest Artists
    Guest artists will be chosen approximately every month. If you are chosen, you can't apply for the next opening, but you are free to apply again after that. Guest artists are allowed to make as many adopts as they like within three weeks. Adopts may be edited, but edited vaikis must be approved by me before posting. Please keep the restricted edits in mind. After creating at least two adopts, you will be allowed to make one custom vaiki. Make sure to get them approved by me before posting.

Most of your adopts should be made on oekaki. Covers may be allowed in some cases but should be avoided as much as possible. Please only apply if you are able to use oekaki!
Last edited by ege on Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:48 am, edited 7 times in total.
ege

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Vaiki Adopts v3

Postby memento 末日 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:50 am

guess who's back, back again, the doots are back, tell a friend

"i long to stay where the light dwells, to guard against the cold i know so well"
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
♔ kit/mori - she/her - da - characters

memento 末日

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emblo » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:00 am

mark :'0
╓─────────╖

hi i'm missy & i make
art and bad decisions.
my inbox is always op
en for w/e. currently tr
aveling across the cou
entry; will be spotty.

╙─────────╜
╓────╖

╙────╜
emblo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pilotlight » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:03 am

mark! im really excited to see these guys make a return ;w;

Hey! I'm JJ and I'm stressed as a heck.
I love cartoons, cats, and sometimes making art

Sorry if I take a while to respond to things,
I'm very nervous and very forgetful
pilotlight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nekoma's Lion » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:05 am

m a r k
    me, crying: these babes b a c k
im fern! -- intj -- she/they -- demipanromantic asexual
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
uwu can u believe i have exams soon ;; activity is slow
ratatouille is the best movie change my mind (u cant)

Nekoma's Lion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takura Nokinu » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:13 am

markin -jazz hands-
you're going to have

▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉

Kals - My kals - Snips ♥♥♥
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Takura - He/him - Kalon mod (Edit/MYO apprv.)
I don't do growth approvals.
Don't call me Tak unless we're friends.
I'm Takura n I love Junko Enoshima.
I'm very fond of Pokemon, Danganronpa,
Paranatural, Warrior Cats, n others.
Art to left by theidiot.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
My OCs - Catacombs - link

▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉

to trust me
Takura Nokinu

My pets