Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

KYLIG FOXES by p-plum

Based on Click to view
Artist p-plum [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 12 minutes
Drawing sessions 10
88 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

KYLIG FOXES

Postby p-plum » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:43 am

xxxxx Image

xxxThe Scandinavian Kylig [cher·lig] Fox is a thick-coated, medium-sized vulpine native to the Scandinavian Mountains that cross through Norway and Sweden. They are carnivorous and generally feast on small mammals such as shrews, hedgehogs, and squirrels, however, they are known to be exceptionally clever in their hunting tactics and have been sighted using their hind legs to leap upwards and catch birds. They have non-retractable claws similar to that of a dog or skunk, which they use to dig into the earth, where they make compact burrows. They are highly protective of their young, and mate for life. They are able to communicate in sharp, shrill barks and chitters, and are able to mimic simple human words and sounds, despite their brains not being capable of understanding any complex language.

xxxThe average Kylig Fox has a large, fluffy segmented tail used to swaddle themselves and their offspring. The fur is thick but compresses easily under pressure, and is chiefly used to keep warm in harsh, bitter conditions and to help blend into the environment. Because of this unique trait, they were often illegally smuggled out of the country to sell as exotic pets in countries that were dramatically different than their familiar climate, which caused a significant decline in their numbers. Thankfully their swift mating habits have replenished a large chunk of their population, and they are now only classified as vulnerable. This excessive breeding resulted in many different variations of the species, with unique coat colors, fur styles, and other appearance-related 'mutations' that would appeal to children and adults alike. Kylig Foxes have large eyes that enable them a superior ability to see in the dark, which assists in hunting for prey. Their ample ears also give them an exceptional sense of hearing, around four times as great as a human's. They also possess a vomeronasal organ which enables them to test the air for food using quick flicks of their tongue. Because of these heightened senses, they have no need to hunt while the sun is up, and thus they are nocturnal, spending most of the day snoozing while it's still light.

xxxBecause of the general public's predilection for the species, they are still kept as exotic pets in many regions of the world. Due to their exposure to warmer conditions for many years, Kylig Foxes that have been exclusively bred in western countries and are accustomed to warmer climates are accepted as pets that require an Animal Welfare Act license. It is still illegal to own a wild-caught Kylig Fox, as foxes smuggled from Norway and Sweden perish quickly in warmer climates, and are a protected species. Because the foxes brought in from the wild do not have any fancy coat colors or visible 'mutations', they are easily distinguishable from a legally bred Kylig Fox.

xxxAlthough they recently have had this boom in popularity, they were once thought to be a mythical species that were only known to exist through small wooden or bone carved sculptures crafted by the early Sami people. Known only by the name 'Snöstjärnarävar' (literally 'Snow Star Foxes'), they were speculated to be ancient, magical deities that originated from the sky, could create stars with a flick of their tail, and were able to heal any living creature with their breath. They were only just discovered in 1968, by the late Dr William Ardell, who was studying an old Sami site. Although they are known as a regular fox species nowadays, some still swear they have witnessed the supposed Snöstjärnarävar of legend.

xxxxx
xxxxx
Last edited by p-plum on Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:45 am, edited 23 times in total.
p-plum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

LORE AND MUTATIONS

Postby p-plum » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:41 am

xxxxx Image

xxxxxSTANDARD
xxxxx • Custom sclera
xxxxx • Custom claws
xxxxx • Small teeth

xxxxxCOMMON
xxxxx • Minor fur edits
xxxxx • Minor ear edits
xxxxx • Custom eye shape
xxxxx • Custom tongue (non-forked)
xxxxx • Custom nose
xxxxx • Custom pupils
xxxxx • Short hair (can reach down to the neck)

xxxxxUNCOMMON
xxxxx • Major fur edits
xxxxx • Major ear edits
xxxxx • Backmane
xxxxx • Small horns
xxxxx • Short unicorn horn
xxxxx • Forked tongue
xxxxx • Long hair (can reach down to the ground)

xxxxxRARE
xxxxx • Extra eyes (up to six)
xxxxx • Extra limbs (up to six)
xxxxx • Heterochromia
xxxxx • Large horns
xxxxx • Long unicorn horn
xxxxx • Antlers
xxxxx • Large bandages/Eyepatch/Ect.

xxxxxMYTHICAL
xxxxx • Hybridity
xxxxx • Goo/Slime
xxxxx • Wings
xxxxx • Glow
xxxxx • Halo (up to two)
xxxxx • Healing breath/Star powers
xxxxx • Major tail edits (must be similar)

xxxxxNON-RARITY
xxxxx • Weight edits
xxxxx • Slit pupils
xxxxx • Scars/Small bandages (such as bandaids)

xxxxx

xxxxx
xxxxx

xxxxx Image

xxxxxKylig Foxes are allowed to wear any items you'd like, with no extra
cost or requirements. However, clothing items/accessories must not clash with
any of the 'mutations' listed previously.

xxxxxThis includes:

xxxxxFake wings
xxxxxFake halos
xxxxxFake horns
xxxxxBandages

Or anything else that could count.

xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
Last edited by p-plum on Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:55 am, edited 23 times in total.
p-plum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

RULES AND GUIDELINES

Postby p-plum » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:41 am

xxxxx Image

• You must follow all of Tess's Chicken Smoothie forum rules.
• You are not allowed to create a Kylig Fox unless you are an approved artist or have been accepted to create a MYO.
• You may not create pre-designed Kylig Foxes for profit for any kind of currency.
• You may not co-own a Kylig Fox with any other person, purely for ease of administration.
• If you decide to sell, gift, or trade your Kylig Fox, you must first gain permission of the original artist. If permission is not granted, and you still decide to go through with this, you will be banned.
• If you end up being able to sell, gift, or trade your Kylig Fox, you must contact me with the new owner so I can update the Kylig Fox archive.
• You must keep track of your own acquired items and HMs, as staff will not do it for you. Proof must be given with each item and HMs you store.
• Do not bump any Kylig Fox related threads. You are allowed to reserve posts in competitions.
• Do not post forms after a competition has already been judged, beg to win, or harass any artists if you do not win.
• Do not mini-mod any Kylig Fox related threads. Questions should be answered by staff only (unless they are posted in the fanclub). If you have any issues, contact me.
• Please be kind to both Kylig Fox owners and staff members, they work hard to provide these adoptables!

xxxxx Image

• You may not edit your Kylig Fox's existing reference unless you are adding clothes, accessories, or changing the expression.
• You may not edit your Kylig Fox's reference to draw it in a different style, to change any proportions, or to add any mutations.
• All Kylig Fox adopts must be posted on the Chicken Smoothie oekaki. Designs and MYOs off-oekaki are permitted as long as they are under a cover that follows the Chicken Smoothie Oekaki Rules, specifically: "Don't make Oekaki drawings with just words or puzzles written on them. The oekaki is for sharing artwork, not for displaying a message or playing a forum game."
• You must list all mutations added to a Kylig Fox to the description of the adopt.
• All kinds of Kylig Fox artwork is welcomed and accepted, but any gore or NSFW artwork must not be posted to Chicken Smoothie.

xxxxx Image

• Users may not win more than 3 Kylig Foxes each month. This does not include any awarded HMs.
• Users must own a Kylig Fox for at least one month before attempting to breed it.
• A single Kylig Fox pup may be grown after two weeks. You must wait for a pup to be grown before attempting to grow another.
• You may not breed any more Kylig Foxes before already existing pups have been grown up.
• You must get approval before attempting to breed your Kylig Foxes or grow up pups.

xxxxx Image

• Kylig Foxes must be of the opposite sex (not gender) to be able to breed.
• Kylig Foxes may be of any romantic or sexual orientation or gender, but must have either a male or female sex.
• Only a pair of Kylig Foxes may breed. Three or more Kylig Foxes, or a singular Kylig Fox, may not be able to reproduce.
• A single Kylig Fox is only allowed to breed three times before it is rendered infertile.
• Incestuous, underage, or pairings of pups with adults for breeding are not permitted and will earn an immediate ban. Incestuous and pairings of pups with adults in a romantic context are also not permitted. Innocent crushes between pups are allowed as long as they are strictly non-sexual and should not include any graphic backstory or imagery.
Nursery artists must post when they are willing to accept a breeding slot/s and quote the person's form/s they are accepting.
• You must gain permission from the owner of a Kylig Fox before using their adopt for any kind of relationship or in a breeding ticket.
• Pup batches cannot include mythical mutations.
• Up to two pups may be created in a single breeding batch.
• All items that you would like to use when submitting a breeding ticket must be owned beforehand and should be posted on the form.
• Please only select an artist when submitting a ticket that has an open breeding slot.

xxxxx Image

• All Kylig Fox adopts must be created and posted on the Chicken Smoothie oekaki.
• Artists must list all mutations added to a Kylig Fox to the description of the adopt.
• Artists can hold any kind of competition they would like. However, please remember to post some non-Kylig Fox owner competitions to promote inclusiveness!
• Artists may not be paid to create Kylig Foxes or pups if not given permission or told beforehand.
• Artists, including Guest Artists, may receive one free unlimited uncommon Kylig Fox MYO after a week of service, and then every month after that, regardless of whether they are hired or not.
Nursery artists must post when they are willing to accept a breeding slot/s and quote the person's form/s they are accepting.
• If accessories or clothes are on a Kylig Fox in the reference, they must have the entire design exposed in a different post.
• Artists may hand out a maximum of three HMs when a contest is judged. More than one HM given to one person is not permitted.
• Artists must create at least one Kylig Fox per month, or run the risk of being dropped from the team.
• Artists may not hand out any HMs in a raffle.
• Artists must use the standard Kylig Fox text template for their adopts.
• Artists may not enter for regular Kylig Fox adoptables. However, moderators and nursery artists can!
• Staff must not use their power to decide the fate of a breeding batch. If a pup is not adopted, it will be left up to all of the breeding participants, including the artist, to decide the fate of the pup/s.

xxxxx Image

xxxxx
If an artist decides that they like your entry, but you don't end up winning,
they may give you an Honorable Mention, or a HM. These HMs can be traded in
for an MYO depending on what rarity mutations you would like your MYO to have.

xxxxx• 5 HMs = Unlimited Standard MYO
xxxxx• 10 HMs = Unlimited Common and under MYO
xxxxx• 20 HMs = Unlimited Uncommon and under MYO
xxxxx• 25 HMs = One Rare and unlimited Uncommon and under MYO
xxxxx 35 HMs = Unlimited Rare and under MYO

Mythical MYOs are not able to be obtained and are reserved for events
or special times only.

Want to buy an MYO with Chicken Dollars or Pets? Click here!

xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
Last edited by p-plum on Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:25 pm, edited 27 times in total.
p-plum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

STAFF AND STRIKES

Postby p-plum » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:42 am

xxxxx Image
xxxxxMorelull

xxxxx Image
xxxxxwinter & fireflii

xxxxx Image
xxxxx• x

xxxxx Image
xxxxxAnover
xxxxxxfawnfriend
xxxxxxavriie
xxxxxxget scared
xxxxxxliightning

xxxxx
xxxxx• x

xxxxxIf you would like to apply to be an artist, head over to the Kylig Fox Artist Search or Nursery Artist Search!
xxxxxModerator applications are open! If you would like to apply, please do so here!

xxxxx Image
xxxxxvogelbiene

xxxxx

xxxxx Image
xxxxxchamomile. | 1/3 batches created
xxxxxxLovetheHoly | 0/3 batches created

Last edited by p-plum on Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:41 pm, edited 25 times in total.
p-plum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

FAQ

Postby p-plum » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:43 am

xxxxx Image
xxxxxAs many as you'd like! However, please respect the rules and do not try and win more than 3 Kylig Foxes in a month period.

xxxxx Image
xxxxxIf the original artist of the Kylig Fox you are trying to sell, gift, or trade doesn't reply back, please contact me about it.

xxxxx Image
xxxxxPlease contact me and I will judge it myself if the artist doesn't take action within a week period.

xxxxx Image
xxxxxAbsolutely!

xxxxx Image
xxxxxYes! However, you must give credit back to the Kylig Foxes homepage and credit the specific designer.

Last edited by p-plum on Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:36 pm, edited 6 times in total.
p-plum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ADOPTABLE ARCHIVE

Postby p-plum » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:44 am

xxxxx Image

Kylig Fox #1 | Sock.
Kylig Fox #2 | chamomile.
Kylig Fox #3 | dilly.
Kylig Fox #4 | RoyalDandelion
Kylig Fox #5 | vogelbiene
Kylig Fox #6 | catsuki
Kylig Fox #7 | Golden-Boy
Kylig Fox #8 | ➳ palla
Kylig Fox #9 | RoyalDandelion
Kylig Fox #10 | angeldirtt
Kylig Fox #11| wildmøon
Kylig Fox #12 | SilhouetteStation
Kylig Fox #13 | Greys anatomy
Kylig Fox #14 | Username
Kylig Fox #15 | Vintagehare
Kylig Fox # | Username
Kylig Fox # | Username
Kylig Fox # | Username
Kylig Fox # | Username
Kylig Fox # | Username
Kylig Fox # | Username
Kylig Fox # | Username
Kylig Fox # | Username
Kylig Fox # | Username
Kylig Fox # | Username
Kylig Fox # | Username
Kylig Fox # | Username
Kylig Fox # | Username
Kylig Fox # | Username
Kylig Fox # | Username
Kylig Fox #16 | Username
Kylig Fox # | Username
Kylig Fox # | Username
Kylig Fox # | Username
Kylig Fox # | Username
Kylig Fox # | Username
Kylig Fox # | Username
Kylig Fox # | Username
Kylig Fox # | Username
Kylig Fox # | Username
Kylig Fox # | Username
Kylig Fox # | Username
Kylig Fox # | Username
Kylig Fox # | Username
Kylig Fox # | Username

xxxxx Image

Batch # | Username
Batch # | Username
Batch # | Username
Batch # | Username
Batch # | Username
Batch # | Username
Batch # | Username
Batch # | Username
Batch # | Username
Batch # | Username
Batch # | Username
Batch # | Username
Batch # | Username
Batch # | Username
Batch # | Username

xxxxx Image

Kylig Fox MYO #1 | Arkki
Kylig Fox MYO #2 | qngelo
Kylig Fox # | Username
Kylig Fox # | Username
Kylig Fox # | Username
Kylig Fox # | Username
Kylig Fox # | Username
Kylig Fox # | Username
Kylig Fox # | Username
Kylig Fox # | Username
Kylig Fox # | Username
Kylig Fox # | Username
Kylig Fox # | Username
Kylig Fox # | Username
Kylig Fox # | Username

xxxxx Image

Event Adopt #1 | SilhouetteStation
Event Adopt #2 | RoyalDandelion
Event Adopt #3 | SilhouetteStation
Event Adopt #4 | global concepts
Event Adopt #5 | aCAKEisNOTaPIE
Kylig Fox # | Username
Event Adopt # | Username
Event Adopt # | Username
Event Adopt # | Username
Event Adopt # | Username
Kylig Fox # | Username
Event Adopt # | Username
Event Adopt # | Username
Event Adopt # | Username
Event Adopt # | Username

Last edited by p-plum on Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:43 pm, edited 49 times in total.
p-plum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

STAMPS AND AFFILIATES

Postby p-plum » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:44 am

xxxxx Image

x
x

Code: Select all
[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3828693][img]https://i.imgur.com/lB3bQF7.gif[/img][/url]

xxxxxCreated by Morelull
x
x

xxxxx Image

xxxxxWant to become an affiliate? PM me with a stamp for your closed species!

Last edited by p-plum on Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:05 am, edited 9 times in total.
p-plum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby p-plum » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:46 am

x
p-plum

My pets