Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30437

Rise | Warriors Adopts | by Dia.

Based on Click to view
Artist Dia. [gallery]
Time spent 30 minutes, 53 seconds
Drawing sessions 6
162 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Rise | Warriors Adopts |

Postby Dia. » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:39 pm

RISE

| Main Thread | Archive | Fanclub | Challenges | Artist Bulletin | Discord| Artist Search |

Rise is an adoptable based on Warrior Cats and focused around world building and character development.

...because who doesn't need a ton of warrior cat characters?

Newsfeed wrote:6.1.18
Please note: The customs system has changed starting this month. Artists may only accept 5 customs at a time twice a month. They also will not be accepting customs during the last week of the month. Please take care to order only when artists have announced that they are open.
Dia.
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rise | Warriors Adopts |

staff wrote:Dia ▹ Founder/Artist

Ezai ▹ Artist
PeanutButterRum ▹ Artist
hawky<3 ▹ Artist
Neah Walker ▹ Artist
Placebo ▹ Artist
Tendency ▹ Artist
>> Leafstorm515 ▹ Artist
~HєуRєι~ ▹ Artist
Tynahi ▹ Artist
denja ▹ Artist
meveh ▹ Artist
rules wrote: •Please be nice, and do not pester Rise staff. Respect all others.
•Negativity/harassing behaviors will not be tolerated
•Give credit to the artist for the design
•Do not change Rise designs. This includes adding scars, accessories, changing fur length, etc
•You will not be added to the original images
•Rules may be changed as I deem fit

•Rise characters have realistic(“Warriors realism”) designs
•You may only have one clan
•Your clan may only contain your own cats, and the cats must be official Rise cats (not OCs)
•You must maintain a thread/website for your clan
•(Applies to cats after #0010) If you do not make a thread for your clan and get to level 1 (post on the archive to confirm) within a month, your cat will be rehomed. This does not apply to COPPA members, as they can’t post on the archive thread.
•(Applies to cats after #0010) If you are banned from CS, your cats will be rehomed within Rise
•If you are banned from Rise, you may keep the characters, but you may NOT keep using the official rise reference art in any capacity. Your cats will be marked as deceased within Rise.
•Art/writing used for Rise must follow CS rules

•(Added 2/18/18) Do not repost founder forms
•You may only redeem your free founder once. If you do not claim your founder and it gets rehomed, or if you rehome your founder, you can only get another one through adopts or a paid custom.
•You may receive 1 custom maximum per month. Customs reset on the first. (Ex: If you receive a cat that you ordered in April during May, it counts as your May custom)

•Transfers/sales between Rise clans are allowed. When transactions are made, both parties must post on the cat’s thread. The original owner must post an amendment on the archive thread.
•Deceased cats cannot be included in transactions.
•Cats labeled deceased within Rise may be used as a character outside of Rise.
•If you sell Rise characters outside of Rise, you may not give away the official reference artwork, and you must alert Dia. so that the character can be labeled deceased within Rise.
•You may use Rise characters outside of Rise, but you may NOT use the official Rise art outside of Rise. If you want to use the character elsewhere, you must use different art.
•You may breed Rise characters outside of Rise, but the offspring will not be a part of Rise

staff rules

•Artists/Guest Artists may make themselves 1 custom cat upon hiring
•Artists may make themselves 3 custom cats yearly (every 4 months) provided that they are active
•Artists will be allowed a special birthday custom provided that they are active and confirm the custom with Dia before posting

•Artists are expected to be active and produce realistic, quality designs. They will be removed if they are inactive without communicating with Dia.
•Guest artists may only make adoptables, not customs or founders
•Artists should ask for payment for customs, but not breedings
•Do not make extensive lineart edits or rare conditions without Dia’s permission (scars and such are fine to do at will; missing limbs, short limbs, hairless cats, male calicos/torties, etc are not)
•Let Dia know if you want to make a milestone adopt
•All adopts must be made on the oekaki canvas

•If an artist wants to award a RU, they must discuss it with the rest of staff and a decision on the award will be reached in 24 hours via vote.
•Do not promise runner ups before the decision has been reached (eg: Don’t start a competition saying there will be a RU, or don’t close a competition saying that there will be a RU)

•Orders must be completed in a timely manner
•Competitions must be judged within a month. Dia will take them over if you fail to judge them
•Complete orders for customs in the same month that they are ordered.
•You may open up to 5 custom slots at a time, no more than 2 times a month.
•Do not take more orders before your previous orders are completed
•You must use the custom payment agreed upon by staff
•Do not open/accept customs during the last week of the month.
•Artists who continually do not complete orders or judge competitions in a timely manner will be removed.

Dia.
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

How to Get Started
step one wrote:First, you need to get a founder.
You can either get your founder
through normal adoption processes,
or you can get it custom made for
free. To get your founder, please fill
out this form. An artist will claim it,
and create it for you.
***Do not request specific breeds or
lineart edits. You may request small
scars.

Code: Select all
[size=130][u]Founder Form[/u][/size]
[b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Cat's Gender:[/b] optional
    [b]Cat's Appearance:[/b] optional
step two wrote:Now that you have your founder, it is time to make a thread! Here is an
example: Forestclan. Your thread can be set up however is easiest for
you. COPPAs may keep track of their clans on another website as long
as it can be linked here (make sure that the site contains information
suitable for CS eg: no personal information or inappropriate language).
Feel free to use deviantart, toyhouse, a site you make specifically for
Rise, etc. Other members may use other sites as well, if they prefer.
Do not store Rise cats in RP Character storage.
step three wrote: You start off at Level 0. You are able to level up and grow your clan by completing world building and character development tasks. Don't worry, it's easy and fun from here! Post on the archive thread to level up your clan.
Dia.
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dia. » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:40 pm

The Story Continues

Develop relationships between your characters by drawing or writing about them. Develop characters in the same way. Set up RPs with other members to help develop your characters in the context of other clans. You can collab with other members to complete tasks as well, but both members must submit their own work. Write about or draw scenes depicting important moments for your clan to develop it further. Maybe choose a cat to be your "main character" for a while and focus solely on them and their viewpoints. If you write a story or draw a scene depicting a battle (remember, appropriate for CS), your cat may come back with a scar. You may choose to kill off a character and they will not count towards your cat total. They will be marked deceased and you may use them as an ancestor. Ancestors may still appear in writing and art. Your leader will not lose a life, and your characters will note die, unless you explicitly say so in your scene.

Earning a scar or killing off a character is done through submission of a form in the archives.

Trading, gifting, and selling LIVING Rise cats within Rise is allowed. (Deceased cats may not be sold/traded/gfited) To do so, both parties need to post on the cat's official thread and the person who the cat used to belong to needs to post an amendment in the archive.
    You may sell cats within Rise for any online currency (CS, points, sites that let you use their currency like this), but not for real currency. You may also use art, but not non-Rise designs.
    A cat may only be transferred every two months. Example: You buy a cat on March 21st. It cannot change owners again until May 21st.
    This also applies to cats you win in competitions or your founder. You must own it for two months.

The possibilities are endless.

How to Advance wrote:Each task must be completed before you can get to the next level. Only the high ranks are limited. You can choose what ranks your other cats are.

Drawn scenes should at least be flat colored. Characters must be recognizable.
Written scenes should be at least 200 words.
Character art should be at least a flat-colored headshot.
Tasks fulfilled through an RP must include 3 posts from each party, and each post should be at least 100 words.
Other minimums are listed with the tasks.

You are encouraged to go above the minimums, and may be rewarded for going above and beyond!

level 0 wrote:At Level 0, you can have: 1 cat total (1 leader)
► Get your founder
► Make a thread
► Describe your territory (100+ words)
level 1 wrote:At Level 1, you can have: 3 cats total (limits: 1 leader, 0 deputy, 0 medicine cats)
► Describe your clan (100+ words)
► Give your leader a history and/or personality (200+ words)
► Write about or draw a scene showing your leader meeting one of your new clan members
level 2 wrote:At Level 2, you can have: 7 cats total (limits: 1 leader, 1 deputy, 0 medicine cats)
► Write about or draw a scene about your clan's camp
► Describe your leader and deputy's relationship (100+ words)
► Describe your clan's reputation (50+ words)
level 3 wrote:At Level 3, you can have: 10 cats total (limits: 1 leader, 1 deputy, 1 medicine cats)
► Write about or draw your medicine cat
► Give at least one of your cats a history and personality. (200+ words)
► Write about or draw a scene of your choice
level 4 wrote:At Level 4, you can have: 15 cats total (limits: 1 leader, 1 deputy, 1 medicine cats)
► Describe a clan tradition (100+ words)
► Write about or draw a scene of a clan meeting
level 5 wrote:At Level 5, you can have: 20 cats total (limits: 1 leader, 1 deputy, 2 medicine cats)
► Write about or draw a patrol
► Write about or draw a meeting between your leader or medicine cat with Starclan
level 6+ wrote:Each level after Level 5, you can get 5 additional cats. (limits: 1 leader, 1 deputy, 2 medicine cats)
► Draw or order art of 2 characters
► Create a personality or history for 2 characters (200+ words each)
► Write about or draw 2 scenes of your choice
Dia.
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

CUSTOMS

Please note: The customs system has changed starting this month. Artists may only accept 5 customs at a time twice a month. They also will not be accepting customs during the last week of the month. Please take care to order only when artists have announced that they are open.

[size=130][u]Custom[/u][/size]
[b]Requested Artist[/b]: please make sure they are open for customs
[b]Payment:[/b]

[b]Cat's Gender:[/b] optional
[b]Cat's Age: [/b]young/adult
[b]Cat's Appearance:[/b]
information wrote:You may have the opportunity to have a custom cat added to your clan.
Artists will announce when they are open on the artist bulletin. Please pay attention to their pricing.
You may only buy one custom per month. Customs reset on the first.
Artists may take payment of points or CS currencies (C$, pets, items) for completing customs.

***Do not order specific breeds or customs with lineart edits.
Dia.
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

BREEDING
Work in Progress -- There will be an announcement when this is available.

[size=130][u]Breeding[/u][/size]
[b]Requested Artist:[/b] Please make sure they are open

[b]Parent 1:[/b]
[b]Parent 2:[/b]
[b]Permission:[/b]
[b]True Genetics or Appearance-Based?[/b]
[b]Art/Writing:[/b]
information wrote:If you want kits in your clan, you'll need to order a breeding. Your clan must be level 3 to breed your cats.

► Only toms and she-cats may produce kits but you can essentially have donors for same pair mates.
►You can order "forbidden" pairings between cats from two different clans or between a warrior and a medicine cat.
►If you are using a cat from a different clan as a parent, you must provide proof of permission in the form of a screenshot.

To order a breeding, you are required to submit art showcasing the happy couple. The art can be a drawing or writing. It could even be a sample of RP if the cat belongs to another member. It just has to be appropriate c; You are not limited to couple-y things; just something that shows that they have interacted and formed a relationship.
Art should include the cats' entire bodies and be colored. Writing should be at least 500 words. An RP must include at least 3 substantial posts from each cat.

You can choose if you want offspring to be generated using true genetics (using a generator, so it still may be wrong) or decided solely based on appearances. It is possible to have kits stillborn. In that case, you will receive the kit's art, but it will be marked deceased and you will not be able to age it up. You may still use this character in Rise as an ancestor, like with other deceased characters.

The person ordering the breeding is the one who must submit the art. The other party does not have to submit art.
The kits will automatically go to the party who ordered the breeding. You may decide to split the litter up between clans if there are parents from two clans.

(Random Tip: This would make a great storyline)
Dia.
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dia. » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:41 pm

AGING
Aging wrote:
If a cat comes to your clan as a kit or an apprentice, you can ask the artist to age them up for you. The artist is the only one who can do that for you, since the adult version will be saved in the kit's file. The adult art will be posted as a new drawing underneath the kit drawing, so that you can keep both versions.

►While it is completely up to you how long you wait to age your kits up, there are minimum requirements.
►If the cat comes to your clan as a kit, you must wait a month (to account for apprenticeship) before requesting the adult art.
►If the cat comes to your clan as an apprentice, you must wait two weeks before requesting the adult art.

Please remember to approach the artist politely about aging up your cats, and to be patient. c:
Dia.
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

E X T R A S

Honorable Mentions wrote:
Artists may decide to acknowledge other forms that they really liked when they announce winners of adopts. Keep track of these honorable mentions, and you can turn them in for a custom.
Message an artist to ask them if they will help you redeem your custom. Keep in mind that they are not obligated to do so and reserve the right to ask you to ask another artist.

► 5 HMs = a semi-custom
    (you pick the base color ex: black, red, brown, grey, etc, artist picks everything else including tabby, white marks, etc)
► 10 HMs = full custom
    (works just like a normal custom)

Runner Ups wrote:
In large competitions, the artist may decide to award a runner up to at least one other winner. The runner up will be similar to the original adopt, but not the same.
Runner ups will not be awarded for short or simple competitions such as naming or gif competitions. They may be awarded for extensive writing or drawing competitions (competitions that require a decent amount of work), but it is up to the artist if they choose to award them.

► Competitions with less than 15 finished forms will not have runner ups awarded
►15+ finished forms may have up to 1 RU awarded
► 30+ finished forms may have up to 2 RU awarded
Dia.
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Feel free to use these to advertise Rise!

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=3715625][img]https://i.gyazo.com/56720ac814b77ae25bb5c4de1d915fd9.png[/img][/url]

credit: Sanara
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3715625][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/bb2e/f/2018/038/9/c/rise____the_next_journey_by_sanara1-dc2idm8.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3715625][img]https://i.imgur.com/VDpYHdS.png[/img][/url]
Dia.
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

posting is open