Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Akuma the Demon Reaper by mellow yellow.

Based on Click to view
Artist mellow yellow. [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 40 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Akuma the Demon Reaper

Postby mellow yellow. » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:38 pm

I have been meaning to add these items for a while. I just haven't gotten around to it until now. I'm actually quite proud of them! I may make more items later on, but here's the explanation for the items she has here.

Skull mask
      The skull mask is meant to hide the face of the reaper who bears it. Normally, it is the skull of the owner's ancestor, but because Akuma was (In the world of Avira Ula) a product of genetic mutation, the skull was taken from another subject who had been found dead after the fire. Being a demon reaper, Akuma decided to make the skull her own by coloring it and making all kinds of different makings on it.This is something most demon reapers do. She had even put the Sharingan around the eyes for some added flare!

Cloak
      The cloak is used to do just that; cloak her body. She mostly goes out to do her soul hunting at night, so she wears the cloak to hide her body, and her mask she shield her identity to all except the fading soul; who will be the only person to notice her. If they do notice her, that is when she will strike, and fast, too. She can waste no time her cloak does not work; who knows if there could be an angel reaper nearby...

Scythe
      Although not shown in this image, Akuma also has a double bladed scythe, made with a special type of metal used to kill angels, angel reapers, and humans. This metal is known as unholy metal. Although rare, when reapers engage in battle, the only way one were to day, would be if one were to suffer a fatal blow from the opponent's holy metal or unholy metal weapon. Old age is also a possibility for death, but if usually counted out in a battle, as a reaper that age is usually claimed by one of their own.

So that's what I have for her items for tonight. More may come later on. For now, here's the old story I had for her, and the picture of her scythe.

Reapers are mortals that have gone through some type of accident which brought them extremely close to the afterlife, to the point of being claimed by either an Angel or Demon and learning of how the next life works, but the connection to their mortal bodies was just strong enough to pull them back and bring them to life again.'

The weary souls that suffered through a life of various struggles, were claimed by Heaven, and passed on into a peaceful life are known as the Angels. These beings are benevolent ones, striving for order and peace for everyone. They do not wish harm upon any mortal, but instead want to grant them a stress free life once they die, not matter what crimes they may have committed.

Known as Demons, and are the exact opposite of Angels, these poor creatures were dying mortals that were put under a lot of strain and corrupted by other Demons, whispering things in their ears and driving them to insanity. They pass on (often ripped from their body by a Demon Reaper versus waiting for their fated death) and are taken to the Underworld, where their darker thoughts are amplified and turned into sadistic goals.

And when these words were written by the angels nobody argued against them, because the winners of the war always write the story.

~~~~
    The rain pelted the city streets of Sienna as everyone tried to make it inside. The population, mainly consisting of wolves and named “Avirans”, tried to make it to any shelter they could find, whether it would be churches, restaurants, or others’ homes. Though one injured Avarian was having a bit of trouble. This was when Akuma took notice.

She stood atop the tall church with her trusty battle scythe clenched in her jaw. She wore a black cloak to keep the rain from touching her fur, and she wore a traditional skull mask; the first of her generation. She was the first Reaper of her generation, and she definitely wasn’t going to be the last.

~~~~
    She had been in captivity for most of her live, subjected to terrible experiments by many Avarian scientists trying to create the universal cure; from the common cold to cancer, they would try to cure it.

Soon, though, Akuma had found her way to freedom thanks to a fire that had broken out in the building, though she didn’t get out unscathed. The fire brought her very close to death, and she was held for another few months in an Avarian veterinary clinic. She found herself getting bought by a family of six; a mother, a father, and four pups. It wasn’t had to run away from them. Once she got away, she made a name of herself as a reaper, as she had been claimed by a demon during the fire.

~~~~~
    Akuma saw an Avarian blow having trouble in the storm. He was obviously injured, that much was certain, but what others couldn’t see was the aura around him; the dark cloud that hung over his head and the mist that formed around his body - the first signs of a dying soul. Akuma could claim his soul for the demons.

And claim it she would, for a reaper’s job is never-ending; always continuing down a spiraling path of bloodshed, trauma, and death for one side or another. The winners of the fight write the page, but the winners of the war write the story. And so the story goes that the demons were the bad in the world.

Truth be told, she saw no evil in what she was doing. He would have had a much worse fate, had she not found him. She can easily see it in the mist. He would have been murdered by a fellow friend; betrayed and stabbed in the back in front of his children. She could take his head off quickly and cleanly with her scythe blade right now and claim the soul for the demons.

She climbed down from the top of the church quickly, making it down to the ground within a few minutes before taking off the cloak and mask. They slowed her down too much when attacking, and it was much too dark for anyone to see her, anyways. She threw the two pieces of clothing away and quickly ran at the dying soul and claiming it for the demons.

“There goes another! Kehehaha!”

Howdy! I'm mellow yellow., but yall can call me mellow if ya want. I'm finally returning to chicken smoothie and I couldn't be better!

My Toyhou.se

My Deviantart

My Twitter
mellow yellow.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Personality + Relationship Bio

Postby mellow yellow. » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:58 pm

Akuma |:| 19 Years |:| Cisgender |:| She/Her |:| Heterosexual |:| Taken
Akuma had once been a happy viscet, able to talk to others without going on a violent
tangent, and operated like just about any other viscet. She had been driven insane after being “resurrected” after
being caught in a fire. She has attacked other viscets, but she kills only those marked by her demons, which
isn’t very many. She just needs someone who can be the positive of Akuma’s negative; someone who wouldn’t shy
away from her anger and who would be able to grasp onto her firmly in those tendencies and give her a shake.
Akuma is not one for falling in love. She once was capable, but no longer. She might fall for someone if they
demonstrate persistence and a true love for her. I would love to roleplay out the relationship. But, if you think
a male would work well with her, please PM me and we can talk it out.
mellow yellow.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me