Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Milky Way Kits! Intergalactic Games!!! by Tyki-Pon

Based on Click to view
Artist Tyki-Pon [gallery]
Time spent 27 seconds
Drawing sessions 1
76 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Milky Way Kits! Intergalactic Games!!!

Postby Tyki-Pon » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:24 pm

Milky Way Kits will now split between DA and CS, Artists can post on both or either sites. This is to help get the species out there and hopefully get more members before we do the full move.
DA Group

Milky way kits are foxes with a flowy galaxy tail. Their orbs
    contain the essence of their galaxies. According to
    legend, Milky way kits are believed to have come from the stars,
    leaving a trail of colorful dust and stars behind them as they moved
    across the universe. They mainly live in forested areas and natural
    areas, though at times they may wander in to populated regions.
    Milky Way Kits have a sense of community, leading to some creating
    their own "packs". Packs generally consist of three to five kits, with
    one being the Alpha. There may be, at times, a fight for dominance,
    but usually the Alpha position is passed down from father to son.

Milky way kits have bright, colorful tails with many different colors.
    Their tails are rarely pure black or pure white,
    sometimes on mythical occasion they can even be rainbow. Their orb
    color matches the colors of their tails and never mismatches, as a part of
    their tails is rumored to be enclosed in the orb. They are very
    protective of this orb and breaking or stealing one is considered
    treachery. Those who steal or break orbs and generally shunned
    by their pack and banished. Orbs that are broken can never be
    repaired; simply leaking colorful dust out of the damaged area.

Their diet usually consists of fruits and meat, though mainly fruit
    because their bright tails tend to give them away when they try to
    hunt. Females are the main hunters and gatherers of the pack, but
    a weak male or young kit may join them.

Despite their mischievous nature, they are faithful creatures and when
    they find a mate they stick with them for life. Their love for their mates
    is endless, just like the universe is endless. They can sometimes have
    relationship problems, but this is very rare.

Our Deities

It is finally time to welcome our beloved Goddess, Jade. She was created by the amazing Serbronn.
Jade is what the other kits consider their Deity or Goddess. She was the first kit born, and therefore she is also our Mascot!
Here is just her without her tail
Click here

Some specs on Jade
★Wings composed of mist
★Hair composed of mist
★Six (yes six) Orbs!
★Odd orb placement

Last edited by Tyki-Pon on Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:37 am, edited 24 times in total.
Tyki-Pon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules, Warning, and Bans

Postby Tyki-Pon » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:25 pm

★ Do not ask for Customs.
    ★ Do not ask to be apart of the staff
    ★ You may own up to 7 kits at a time. Staff may own up to 10.
    ★ You may NOT sell your kit for profit IF It was a free adopt!
    ★You may only sell it IF it was a bought adopt OR has alot of art.
    ★ If they change owners you MUST pm Bright Haven, or Post on the ownership change thread!
    ★ You MUST pm me, if it was a free adopt and you are trying to sell it.
    ★ Failure to do this WILL result in a warning and the offending Kit taken away.
    ★ Milky Way Kits MAY be fursonas as long as you ask permission form ME first
    ★ Do not steal the species. You may not claim the species as your own.
    ★ We reserve the right to take away kits if you are banned from the adoptable
    ★ Permission must be gained in order to turn your kit in to a broken/lost orb kit
    ★ Yes there is a CS pet that looks like MWKs. Do not accuse ANYONE of art theft.
    ★ Designs may not be edited unless you have express permission from the artist AND me. (EX. Hair). You may not add body parts (EX: Wings, claws)
    ★You MAY add accessories to your Kit.
    ★ Guest artists may make 1 unedited custom (No hair, wings, etc.)
    ★All staff gets one custom. Please run it past me before posting. More customs are given out when I see fit.

BY ADOPTING A MWK YOU ARE AGREEING TO ABIDE BY MY TOS. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU READ THEM.

↑ BLANK, our Maskot

Users can be warned/banned for a variety of reasons. You will
    not be banned automatically unless you are banned from the
    site itself or you commit something bad enough to be banned.
    Mods and staff are NOT excused from warns and bans.

Warnings will go away after a period of one month. Your first
    warning has no penalties. If you receive your second active
    warning, penalties will be applied.

First Warning - No penalties.
    Second Warning - Banned from adopting for one week. May not
    fill out forms to adopt any kits from the nursery or main thread.
    Third Warning - Banned from Adopting for three weeks. May not
    fill out forms to adopt any kits from the nursery or main thread.
    Fourth Warning You are permanently banned from the
    thread. Any kits you own are taken away from you and you are
    no longer allowed to post on any official Milky Way Kits thread.

Warnings:
    n/a

Bans:
    n/a
Last edited by Tyki-Pon on Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:54 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Tyki-Pon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

News, Event, And Gift Lines

Postby Tyki-Pon » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:25 pm

New owner, Tyki-Pon!
    New artist, Gingler
    New archivist, mod, and artist. BrightHaven!

Events
Gallow's Eve Event
Here

Last edited by Tyki-Pon on Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Tyki-Pon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rarity Chart, Orbs, and Special Kits

Postby Tyki-Pon » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:26 pm

~Rarity Chart~
    This applies to ALL kits from ALL previous threads! Please Refer to the Immortal category if your kit has a Deity trait.

~Common/Normal adopts:(Free Adopts Only)~
    ★ No edits at all
    ★ Tails that are a 1-3 color fade that are the same color (Dark blue to medium blue to light blue. etc)

~Uncommon:(Attainable through Regular/paid adopts)~
    ★ Hair that is SHORT.
    Ex. Hair poofs, little manes on the neck.
    ★ Claws
    ★ Tails that have fades and color mixes that are complimentary, the mist can be another complimentary color.

~Rare:(Free and Paid adopts)~
    ★ Hair that can be styled, Mohawks, buns, medium length hair. (Mid neck at most, or no more then a bit above the ears)
    ★ Talons
    ★ Short horns Three types: Nubs, Short pointy, Ram horns.
    ★ Tails that have fades or solid colors that are opposites or neon colors(Mist may be another color)
    ★ Larger orbs
    ★ Cracked/broken orbs
    ★ Black or white mist *Black tails are ONLY allowed every 25 kits! White tails are only allowed right before or right after. MAX of two!

~Very Rare(Custom, Raffle, Events ONLY)~
    ★ Glowing eyes
    ★ Long hair (past the middle of the neck, or twice the length of the ears)
    ★ Actual line edits (fur, No fur, bigger/smaller ears etc)
    ★ Medium Length horns:
    Pointy, Curved, Ram, S-shaped
    ★ Very MINOR powers (Can do small flames, little bursts of wind. CANNOT create, there must be a source that they manipulate)
    ★ Orbs in different shapes
    ★ Missing orbs

~Legendary (Custom or event Winner ONLY)~

★ Wings that are solid (None made of mist)
    ★ Powers (They can create their own source and manipulate it)
    ★ Orb on a different part of the body
    ★ 2 orbs

~Divine (For Species Deities and owners ONLY)~
    ★ Manes composed of mist
    ★ Wings composed of mist
    ★ Eyes that have a "glowing mist"
    ★ Rainbow mist
    ★ 3+ orbs
    ★ Body parts made of orb/orbs

~Immortal-Applies to previous generation kits ONLY~

This category is for kits from previous generations (old threads with different owners)
    Since some of them break the current rarity charts, they will be listed here.

IF YOUR KIT HAS ANY OF THESE TRAITS THEY ARE IMMORTAL NOT DEITY.
    These rarities do NOT stack. Ie, you cannot have a legendary Immortal. If it has a Immortal trait its a Immortal period.
    ★ Manes composed of mist
    ★ Wings composed of mist
    ★ Eyes that have a "glowing mist"
    ★ Rainbow mist
    ★ 3+ orbs
    ★ Body parts made of orb/orb

Orbs are the most precious item a kit can own. They are basically a kit's
life and personality. Losing one's orb will cause permanent damage to the kit's tail and emotions.

They are created by parents before their kit is born, using certain stars as a heat source to forge the orb. They are
generally circular in nature, but sometimes if a kit's parents are skilled enough in the craft, their orbs may be
different shapes. The orbs are hung on a necklace woven from the fur of the parents, signifying that they will
always be there for their child. It is discouraged to use anything but the parents fur, though sometimes it will happen.

When a kit is first born, a bit of their tail is clipped off by the parents and placed in the orb. The orb is then sealed
and place around the kit's neck. This is usually done a few days after the kit is born, as kits are extremely weak
when they are first born. Clipping a part of their tail too early can result in a stunted tail, or even worse, death.

A kit wear's the orb their parents created for them until they come of age. Once they come of age, their orb is
considered to small and needs to be replaced. This is a common ritual among kit packs, signifying a kit's detachment
from it's parents and independence as an adult. If this action is not performed and a kit keeps its small orb forever,
they are regarded as a child and incapable of doing anything themselves. They tend to stay with their parents forever.
This generally only happens to the weakest of kits who are unable to fend for themselves even as an adult.

Kits who lose their father before they are born along with their mother at birth are usually given orbs crafted by their
adopted parents. While not as special as orbs from their original parents, these orbs are no different from normal ones.

While all orbs are considered special, many judge others based on their orbs appearance and origin. Those whose orbs
did not come from their parents can be considered inferior at times, though this is completely untrue. There are only
a few different types of orbs.

Normal orbs

These are basic orbs, circular in nature. They may come from the parents of a kit or the adopted parents of a kit. While
they are all the same, some consider adopted parent orbs lesser than the orbs that come from true parents.

Crafted orbs

Crafted orbs come from parents who are extremely skilled in the art. They are generally very talented, thus creating a
special orb for their child. These orbs may come in different shapes, but other than that, are no different from normal
orbs. These orbs are coveted and are usually the targets of betrayers or shamed kits. These orbs may or may not remain
the same shape at adulthood, as kits make their own orbs when they grow up and may not be as skilled as their parents.

*These specially shaped orbs are only able to be made by kits with at least one very rare trait. They can create them for their babies if both parents wish to craft one.*
*Any parents can craft circular orbs for their babies.*

Stolen orbs

Stolen orbs are orbs that a shamed or betrayer kit forcefully takes from another kit. They retain the color of the other
kit's tail and are usually hung beside the original orb. They may be considered a trophy or a sign of disgrace by other
kits. They generally cause fear of the wearer, as any kit dreads the lose of their own orb.

*The only way to to have a kit with a stolen orb is to adopt one that's missing it. OR you can try to persuade me into letting your Kit have a stolen orb. (By persuade I mean explain to me why, and how it ties into your kin, etc. Make it good)*

Broken orbs

Broken orbs are orbs that may be broken by accident or on purpose. Regardless of how they are broken, they constantly
leak bit of the kit's galaxy out forever. It is unknown why, but the broken orbs never seem to run out and remain in their
broken state forever. They cannot be repaired.

*The only way to to have a kit with a broken orb is to adopt one that's missing it. OR you can try to persuade me into letting your Kit have a broken orb. (By persuade I mean explain to me why, and how it ties into your kin, etc. Make it good)*

Broken-orb kits

Broken orb kits are rare. These kits are not born this way, they are created. Broken orb kits are kits whose orb has been broken. They are considerably weaker than normal kits and generally have to be cared for to survive. Their orbs leak a bit of their galaxy tail. They are not weak due to physical illness; in fact, it is merely emotional illness that makes them the way they are. Orbs are the most important thing to a kit and to have a broken one is the most distressing thing to a kit.

As time goes by, their tail will eventually change to grey or white. Kits who have pure whites tails are those who have come to peace with their situation and do their best to try and fit in. They are still unhappy with their orb situation, but continue to try to live their live coexisting with normal kits. Despite their permanent weakness, they do their best to help. Grey tails are for the kits who still resent what happened to them, but still remain "good." If they steal a orb to replace their broken one, their tail becomes black.

Shamed Kits/Betrayers

Kits who commit the ultimate crime, destroying or stealing another's orbs, are considered the worst of the worst.
Orbs are the most sacred of items a kit can possess and causing any harm to another's is the most disgraceful
crime out there. Orbs are the strength and personality of a kit, so breaking or stealing one will cause permanent
damage to the affected kit. Shamed kits, or betrayers, who steal an orb generally wear them around their neck
as a token. Their strength is usually enhanced and sometimes they may even develop a second personality from
another kit's orb. They have to remove them every so often, however, as constantly wearing more than their own
orb can cause damage to their mental state and generally drive them insane. They remove them at night usually
when they sleep, as they tend to feel prideful wearing their extra orbs around other kits during the day.

The mental state of these kits is unstable, and the more that deteriorates the darker the tail turns until it turns black. The darker their tails turn, the more paranoid they become. They also become weaker due to the damage done to their minds by the stolen orbs. Eventually these kits will vanish to become loners, where their shame and disgrace will not be seen by others.

★THESE KITS ARE VERY RARE, THEY ONLY COME AROUND EVER 25 KITS!
When one of them comes around, there is always their counterpart. The kit or kits they have stolen orbs from. These will ALWAYS come in batches. The shamed/betrayed kit can come before or after the stolen orb kits.

Last edited by Tyki-Pon on Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:07 am, edited 11 times in total.
Tyki-Pon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff- Closed

Postby Tyki-Pon » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:26 pm

Staff

These are the OFFICIAL staff for the species that I have appointed. If you have any issues on any of the threads with a user, etc, you may message me, or one of these people listed here for help. They also take care of warning people, etc. Do not mini-mod please. If you see a problem, just let a moderator know and they will handle it.

Owner ;; Tyki-Pon

Artists ;;
Sixbane
Gingler
Bella.
CaptiveLegacy
atlantic
question.
Expresso.
Vazchu

Growth Artists ;;

Moderators ;;

Guest Artists ;;
Pine(Hidden Cities)

Applications: Currently OPEN
POST these forms only!

I want to be a Moderator!
Code: Select all
[b][u]I want to be a Moderator![/u][/b]
[b]Username;;[/b]
[b]How active are you?;;[/b]
[b]Are you over 15?;;[/b]
[b]Do you have a skype?;;[/b]
[b]Do you understand all the rules?;;[/b]
[b]Why do you want this job?;;[/b]

I want to be a Artist!
[b][u]I want to be a Artist![/u][/b]
[b]Username;;[/b]
[b]Can you make a MINIMUM of 4 adopts a month?;;[/b]
[b]Please Link examples;;[/b]
[b]Do you understand all the rules?;;
[b]Do you want to submit adopts on DA or CS?[/b][/b]

I want to be a Growth Artist!
[b][u]I want to be a Growth Artist![/u][/b]
[b]Username;;[/b]
[b]Can you grow a MINIMUM of 2 adopts a month?(if there ones to be grown);;[/b]
[b]Do you want to submit adopts on DA or CS?[/b]

[b][u]I want to be a Artist for the Hounds![/u][/b]
[b]Username;;[/b]
[b]Can you make a MINIMUM of 3-6 adopts a month?;;[/b]

I want to be a Guest Artist!
[b][u]I want to be a Guest Artist![/u][/b]
[b]Username;;[/b]
[b]Can you make a MINIMUM of 2 adopts a month?;;[/b]

Customs
Staff are allowed ONE custom. With edits, please run it past me before posting. Some members are allowed to have unlimited customs due to the fact that they are the ones who have helped me get MWK's off the ground and have contributed much to the species. I Give out Customs to artists for loyalty bonuses, or if you have been putting out good quality adopts, if I hear alot of positive feedback about you, or any other reason I see fit.

Guest Artists are allowed ONE UNEDITED Kit. It can have accessories, but nothing else. You MUST run it past me before posting. You must also post a TWO adopts before you can have your custom.

Last edited by Tyki-Pon on Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:31 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Tyki-Pon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

archive note! o:

Postby allinian » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:26 pm

heyo all <3

so, if you don't already know, I am the archivist for Milky Way Kits, and always has been.
it would be wonderful if you could spare some time and go to the few archives we have and double check for any mistakes.
(wrong owner/wrong name/change of username/etc.)

New Archive - New Nursery Archive
Old Archive - Old Nursery Archive

[list][size=85][u]MWK Archive update~[/u]
[list][b]Username:[/b]
[b]Update Info:[/b] (did you gift, re-name, change username, etc.)
[/list][/size][/list]

If you find anything/want anything changed, PM me this form with a subject along the lines of "MWK Archive"
thanks for your time! c;
Last edited by allinian on Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
allinian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

reserved

Postby allinian » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:28 pm

mine again c;
allinian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Milky Way Kits! New Owner! ~Under Construction~

Postby Expresso. » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:47 pm

MARKING WOO!
My Characters | Trades | dA | Art Shop
ImageImageImage
I'm on a hiatus :'(
Expresso.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Milky Way Kits! New Owner! ~Open~

Postby Tyki-Pon » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:52 pm

Welcome all new members! Soon some adopts will be releases but first, we must have our new deities made! Once they are released this species is officially open for businesses! wooooo
Tyki-Pon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Milky Way Kits! New Owner! ~Open~

Postby Expresso. » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:57 pm

Question: are we still ok to own our old MWKs? Thanks :)
My Characters | Trades | dA | Art Shop
ImageImageImage
I'm on a hiatus :'(
Expresso.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me