Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Official Parrapup Cursery V2 - Closed by ege

Based on Click to view
Artist ege [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 30 minutes
Drawing sessions 8
91 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by ege

by ege

by izauura

by izauura

by izauura

by izauura

by ege

by izauura

Official Parrapup Cursery V2 - Closed

Postby ege » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:39 pm

The nursery is closed, slots will not be opened anymore.

Parrapups, or Parras, are an omnivorous, aviary quadrupedal species that originated from tropical areas, but after they were domesticated, they gained more levels of fur and different beaks. All parras spend a lot of time cleaning themselves, and preening their feathers if they have wings. Parras come with a variety of tails and beaks, but good luck finding one that does! Having a large gene pool Parras also have the chance to show some mutations. They come in a large variety of colors including bright neons and dull greys. All parras are a very social in some way and love to whistle, sing, and chatter to others- Parra or not!

Here, breeders will be able bring on the next generation of parrapups!

NURSERY RULES

- Any previous hatchlings must have homes before you can post another ticket! Your parra can't breed until all their current children have owners.
    - If you have a current ticket pending, you may not post another until that one is done.
    - A parrapup can only breed 5 times in total for now.
    - Triplets only occur with 2x1 breedings.
    - Each nest has at least two hatchlings.
    - Parrapup hatchlings can grow to adolescents in as little as month and adults in another month. You may skip the teen stage if you wait the full two months.
    - A midget parra may have up to two growing offspring, and a full-sized parra may have up to two midget offspring.
    - Owners choose between keeping a baby, gifting, or adopting out.
    - You cannot sell the babies.
    - You can own both parents.
    - There is a two week cool down for the conceiving parent, and a one week cooldown for the breeding and third party parents.
    - The parras breeding must be separated by at least three generations to breed- that is, if two parras had a common ancestor, one of them would have to be at least 3 generations away from that ancestor.
    - You may only post a breeding if you are involved in the breeding. This includes owning one of the parents or borrowing/paying for a breeding slot from the parents' owners. If we allow people to post tickets for others, users who are popular would have the means/influence to gain an advantage over users who are new to parras or not well known in the community.

NOTES

- Midgets can breed with other midgets but not full sized parras.
    - 100 parras will only pass down special traits to two of their offspring.
    - Horns will not be passed down.

MUTATIONS

Mutations do happen in Parrapup babies, but they can be very uncommon. Most of the time it is just a strange color that neither of the parents originally had, or possibly a different beak or tail. (If breeders/artists want to make a more drastic edit, they must ask Beatnik first.)

If you want more information, go here!
By the time that your babies are ready to be taken home most of them have taken on the characteristics of the star sign they were born to follow:
♫ Extremely calm babies eat a lot and tend to be kind of whiny, but they grow up to be the strongest and calmest. (Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn)
♪ Playful babies are the one's to grow up to be very social and outgoing! (Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius)
♫ The easily irritated tend to nip when they are, and they usually only have good relationships with their families. (Cancers, Scorpios, and Pisces)
♪ Curious babies are easy to lose, but grow up the smartest! (Gemini, Libra, and Aquarius)

(Note: Your babies do not have to be born under the month of the zodiac they follow. If your baby is born in December, they can still act as a Taurus. This will be explained more later on in time)
Last edited by ege on Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:39 am, edited 28 times in total.
ege

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Submitting a Ticket

Postby ege » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:41 pm

SUBMITTING A TICKET

- An artist will post when they are opening slots, and how many slots they are taking.
    - Unfinished tickets will be skipped.
    - Tickets will also be skipped if the breeding parras' children don't all have homes.
    - Only one ticket may be submitted per person per opening.
    - You may only breed one of your parras at a time, even if someone else is posting the ticket.
    - Tickets are taken on a first-come-first-served basis.
    - Providing hex codes and a wingless ref is not necessary if you can add the artist to the parents' oekaki ref. This is the only exception. Do not assume that the artist who made your parra can add the breeder to the drawing; this is not always the case due to inactive accounts/artists.
    - No posting incomplete tickets. If you edit your post and slots fill up, we will go by editing time instead of posting time to see who had completed their tickets first.
    - You may only post a breeding if you are involved in the breeding. This includes owning one of the parents or borrowing/paying for a breeding slot from the parents' owners. If we allow people to post tickets for others, users who are popular would have the means/influence to gain an advantage over users who are new to parras or not well known in the community.
    - When posting a ticket for parras you don't own, proof of permission is required.
    - Don't abuse the system.

ARTISTS
ege
mon
any main adopt artists may also open slots
Last edited by ege on Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:31 am, edited 21 times in total.
ege

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Forms

Postby ege » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:43 pm

Please fill out the entire form correctly or your form will be skipped!
Do not submit a ticket if slots are not open.

1x1

These are the standard breedings. They will have two eggs.

Code: Select all
[center][size=85][u]CONCEIVING[/u]
[b]Parent Name:[/b]
[b]Ref link(s):[/b]
(winged and wingless if any, note if it is a midget parra. Also, please provide an itemless ref if items cover the design.)
[b]Song:[/b]
[b]Ref link and/or Hex Codes:[/b]
(Add the artist to the parra's ref if possible. If not, please provide hex codes.)
[b]Owned by:[/b]

[u]BREEDING[/u]
(winged and wingless if any, note if it is a midget parra. Also, please provide an itemless ref if items cover the design.)
(Add the artist to the parra's ref if possible. If not, please provide hex codes.)

[b]Previous Breedings?[/b]
(link to them)

[b]Proof of Permission[/b]
(only required if you don't own any of the involved parras)[/size]

[size=75][u]PREFERENCES[/u]
(Please keep in mind when submitting preferences that they are merely that. Artists are not, by any means, required to follow through with anything posted below. These can range from genders of the pups, colors and even which artist you'd like to see do the breeding. If you have no preferences feel free to remove this section from the form or simply put None.)[/size][/center]

2x1

Unlike 1x1 pairings, these breedings end up with 3 eggs. In these cases, there can be two separate parents to another parent ready to breed. Just like domesticated cats, there is only one parent who conceives, and then there can be multiples of parents that have bred with them. In the case of Parrapups, the parent who is not conceiving usually has a good relationship with the third party mate in the breeding.

Code: Select all
[center][size=85][u]CONCEIVING[/u]

[u]BREEDING[/u]

[u]THIRD PARTY PARENT[/u]

[b]Previous Breedings?[/b]
(link to them)

[b]Proof of Permission[/b]
(only required if you don't own any of the involved parras)[/size]

[size=75][u]PREFERENCES[/u]
(Please keep in mind when submitting preferences that they are merely that. Artists are not, by any means, required to follow through with anything posted below. These can range from genders of the pups, colors and even which artist you'd like to see do the breeding. If you have no preferences feel free to remove this section from the form or simply put None.)[/size][/center]
Last edited by ege on Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:32 am, edited 16 times in total.
ege

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ege » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:45 pm

res
ege

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ege » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:46 pm

Last reserve, you may post now ^^
ege

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Official Parrapup Nursery V2 - No posting please!!

Postby .Toboe. » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:49 pm

mmmmmmmarking >:o
-

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"I'm not going anywhere!"

"*sigh*
You're a real piece of work,
you know that...?"

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
kawamamilosc.tumblr.com/post/79411462946
.Toboe.

My pets