Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre -- Horse Competition Sim by SydneyandStorm

Based on Click to view
Artist SydneyandStorm [gallery]
Time spent 11 hours, 18 minutes
Drawing sessions 25
43 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre -- Horse Competition Sim

Postby SydneyandStorm » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:17 pm

Information | Rules and Forms | Bank, Shops, and Horse Sales | Breed/Color Associations and Barn Affiliations | Disciplines | Physical Therapy and Vet Clinic
Suggestions Thread | Archive | Discussion Thread | Showing Thread | Horse Sale/Lease/Stud Thread

Information

Welcome to Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre! This is a realistic equestrian sim where you can buy, train, breed, and compete with your own horses. Competition victors will be decided by statistics, attitudes, and responsible breeding; if you play your cards right, you could get several bonus points that could easily turn the tide of a show. You can also create breeders clubs, barn associations, and rescue organizations -- the choice is yours! Whatever your equestrian passion, you'll be sure to find something you love here.

Joining

Don't be shy -- we're all very friendly here and would love to have you join! To do so, simply head down to the "Rules and Forms" section (right below this post), copy the barn form, and paste it into a new post. Most of it should be pretty self-explanatory, but if you're wondering about the barn type, just scroll down a couple sections on this post to read a bit more about the types of barns your barn can be. (Note: It is possible to be an all-purpose barn; just be aware that you will not receive the additional points other barn types might receive.) The barn owner doesn't have to be anything special; I just need a name, age (at least 22), and gender. Everything else is entirely optional, but I strongly encourage you to develop your character if you've got the time! After posting the form, you can begin searching for your first horse, which you can acquire from adoptions, imports, breedings, or horses for sale on the thread linked above.

Adoption

Horses can be acquired through a variety of different ways, including straightforward purchases, auctions, rescues, imports, and prizes. In a purchase competition, forms are submitted to vie for the purchase of the horse; these will not be first come, first serve. The forms required will typically include something involved with the purchase of the horse, such as the best name, a short story about the first time the horse and owner met, the first time the horse was brought to the owner's barn, the best personality, etc. Occasionally the barn best equipped to care for the horse will be chosen; however, any pre-existing friendships and such will be fully ignored for the sake of horse adoptions. Auctions do not require that you submit a form, and the horse is simply given to the highest bidder by the end of the time allowed. Rescues are first come, first serve; however, you may only adopt up to three rescues per month, and the stats of a rescue horse will not be revealed until after the horse has been purchased. Horses can also be won as prizes for winning an in-game competition or event. Customs may never be requested and are given out at my discretion -- usually as prizes or thank-you gifts.

Barns

In order to adopt a horse, you must have a barn. You may have up to three barns; the first one is free, and each subsequent barn costs 25,000c. While there are no rules as to how many or which types of horses you may keep at a barn, there are several different types that you may choose to have your barn be:

Discipline-Specific: All horses trained in the same discipline will receive a bonus during shows, although they don't all have to be at the same level. Three-day eventing counts as a discipline, and although eventers may compete in jumping, dressage, and cross-country individually, all horses must compete in three-day eventing to be considered an eventer for the purposes of the barn and will not gain bonus points in the individual disciplines. Horses in discipline-specific barns are rewarded with two extra showing points at all shows.

English/Western-Specific: All horses trained in english, if it's an english barn, or western, if it's a western barn will receive a bonus during shows. They don't all have to be in the same discipline or the same breed, but they cannot compete in a discipline under a different style than what the barn is to receive bonus points. Horses kept at english/western-specific barns will receive one extra point in shows.

Breed-Specific: All horses within this barn that are the same breed will receive a bonus during breeding, though they don't have to all compete in the same sport. Horses kept at breed-specific barns will receive a two-point bonus for foals during breedings.

Type-Specific: All horses within this barn that are the same type (draft, baroque, light, gaited, etc.) will receive a bonus during type-specific shows, which are hosted by type associations, and a one-point bonus for foals during breedings.

Stud/Breeding: In order to be recognized as a stud/breeding barn, the majority of the horses must be available for breeding to the public, and all should be available for breeding after certain specifications are met. Mares will be able to breed twice a week (but must have a two-day cool down period in between breedings; weeks will officially start on Sundays for mares to make keeping up with this easier). Stallions will give a two-stat bonus to the foal that the owner may distribute at will.

Discipline-specific barns do not receive an extra point for being english/western-specific as well. To start off one's barn, it is recommended to focus on acquiring good horses and purchasing separate barns to sell horses to later. Additionally, in order to set up a barn, one must come up with not only a name but a barn owner. The only necessary information for the barn owner is the name, age, and gender, although a he or she may be expanded upon if you would like. The minimum age for a barn owner is 22. Although the barn owner is the only required character, other characters may be made as well. However, additional characters do not affect anything and are purely for entertainment.

Stats

Each horse's page includes a variety of stats belonging to the horse. These are used to determine the winners of a competition and the stats of a horse's offspring. The first set of traits can go as high as possible; the second set is always out of ten, training and natural talent excepted. The physical traits most desirable to a horse's specific discipline are discussed under Disciplines.

Accessories

In order to show, a horse must have the proper accessories, which are discussed under Disciplines. These accessories cost money and must be purchased at a tack shop before they can be put on a horse. Some, such as bonnets and splint boots, may be any color, and the user is to let the artist know which color they would prefer them to be. Some disciplines, however, such as reining, require the accessories to be a certain color. I will let you know if this is the case for your horse's discipline.

You may have an unlimited amount of accessories, but each one of a new color must be paid for once more.

Additional Information

Horses age a year every two weeks. It is the responsibility of the owner to age the horse. Young horses must be properly aged in order to receive training, and retired horses being used only for breeding or as pasture pets may gain one additional stat point every year he or she is aged. If horses are not being aged, horses may be aged automatically without additional stat bonuses.

Purebred non-foundation horses get a three-stat bonus that can be added to any physical trait at the discretion of the owner.

Geldings receive five extra points at all shows.

Foals under one year may not be trained.

Affiliates

Silver Legacy Adopts
Oat Ridge Ponies
Rocky Mountain Appaloosa Mustangs
Maple Island Ponies

Sanskira Adopts

Tropical Coatimundi

Please PM me if you'd like to be an affiliate! <3

*Please note: These lines do not belong to me and were instead made by the lovely Neara, and the image at the top of this post was made by the wonderfully talented Azteca. c:
Last edited by SydneyandStorm on Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:25 am, edited 44 times in total.
SydneyandStorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre -- Rules and Forms

Postby SydneyandStorm » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:01 pm

Rules

-You may own as many horses as you can afford.
-You may not claim another user's horse as your own.
-You must be polite and respectful to all users at all times.
-You may not ask for customs; these are given out as prizes of top-level competitions or at my discretion only.
-You may not complain about losing a competition or adoption.
-You may not sell your horses for any currency other than the currency used at RVEC (c). This includes CS pets and C$.
-You may not request that particular colors and/or patterns in foals show up; however, this is exclusively for breedings, and any color/pattern/breed suggestions are openly welcomed.
-All heights are to be realistic and must be written properly. 15.5 is not an acceptable height; 15.2 is. If you need more information, look up "How are horses measured?" on Google.
-All colors are to be natural horse colors.
-Non-rescue barns may only adopt up to three rescues a month.
-All horses created are the property of this sim and, if neglected or otherwise mistreated, may be taken away and readopted. Don't worry -- this will only be the case if a user quits or has been banned from the sim.
-Please only post a breeding form once -- just because it hasn't been completed doesn't mean that I've overlooked it, and bumping a form actually makes it more difficult for me. If you bump/repost a form, starting January 24th, your breeding will only be completed after all others have been; if you are legitimately concerned that I may have overlooked your breeding, please PM me.
-You may only request up to five of your horses to be trained in one day.
New! -Links must be included on forms requesting breedings, items, and other such things. If you can't link at the moment, please just wait to post the form -- I'm already pressed for time, and having to track down a bunch of horses by searching their names is quite a bit of a hassle for me ^^'
New! -You may only enter your horse in up to two disciplines for show. Three-day eventing counts as one discipline, and it may not be broken up into multiple disciplines with those entered as well. If this seems unclear, just remember that the maximum entry fee per horse in level I is 400c.
New! -No complaining or whining on entry forms for horses. Anything such as "I know this is terrible and that I won't win" or "I hope I win this because I never win any" is not appropriate -- if you need to rant, my inbox is always open, but doing in on a form makes it seem like you're guilt-tripping me and that's not very fair <3 Forms that appear to be clearly guilt-tripping me will be ignored from now on.
New! -No more than two breedings per user per page, and you may not double-post to get around this rule.
New! -You may not age more than seven horses per day.

To join, please post the form below! As soon as you have been accepted, you're free to search the sim and find your first horse. ^^

Barn Form:
Code: Select all
[center][b]I'd like to create a barn![/b][/center]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Barn name:[/b]
[b]Number of barns currently owned:[/b]
[b]Type of barn:[/b] (if applicable)
[b]Barn owner:[/b] (name, age (22+), gender at minimum; you may go into more detail if you would like)

Associations are ways for owners and breeders to improve the breed or color they're working on in a horse. They are also excellent ways to improve performance in shows and may be created by any able user. To create one, just submit the form below! There may be more than one association per breed or color. An association must be approved by me before it is legitimate.

Association Form:
[center][b]I'd like to create a breed/color association![/b][/center]
[b]Breed/Color:[/b]
[b]Horses owned of this breed/color:[/b]
[b]Are you able to dedicate a fair amount of your time to updating this association's information?[/b]

Barn affiliations are ways for two or more barns to work closely together in improving their horses or creating their own show circuit. Once you've gotten the barns interested in the affiliation, please submit the form below! Barn affiliations are automatically approved unless they exceed five people, at which point I must approve it. After an association and/or barn is accepted, the user that created it must create a page for it that I can link to.

Barn Affiliation Form:
[center][b]We're creating a barn affiliation![/b][/center]
[b]Name of affiliation:[/b]
[b]Barns and users involved:[/b]

Breedings

In order to breed a horse, the recipient of the foal must post the form and fill in all information. Both horses must be linked to. If the recipient owns both horses, it is not necessary to post the stud or mare fee. If the recipient owns either the mare or the stallion, the owner of whichever horse the recipient does not have must quote the posted form and write that the breeding is approved or the owner must give permission somewhere on a post and the person requesting the breeding must link to it in the form. If the recipient does not own either horse, both owners must quote the post and write that it is approved before the breeding can be completed or give permission that can be linked to by the requester of the breeding. Pasting a quote from a PM or even from a post (and not linking to it) is not sufficient. Breedings are currently closed.

Please note that breeding two horses together does not mean that you will necessarily get a differently colored horse, nor does breeding a solid-colored horse to a pinto or appaloosa mean that the foal will have pinto or appaloosa markings. I use a horse coat generator to determine the possibilities and then use a random number generator to determine the the coat color -- it's not as simple as mashing two horses together. Additionally, there is a 1% chance that there will be birthing complications -- the foal and/or mare may not necessarily die, but vet bills may be higher (it's actually going to be pretty difficult to lose a mare or foal) or you may end up with twins or a chimeric foal. This is, like the coat colors, entirely random.

Horses may be bred as many times as the owner would like until they are too old. Mares and stallions can begin breeding at three years of age, and mares may only have one baby per week unless owned by a breeding farm. Stallions can be bred as often as the owner would like to breed them. Once a mare reaches age 20, there is only a 50% chance of her actually being able to carry a foal, and a breeding may be attempted once every three days. After age 30, mares and stallions can no longer breed.

Breedings are currently closed. Once they are open, to breed a horse, simply submit the form below:

Breeding Form:
[center][b]I'd like to breed these horses![/b][/center]
[b]Mare:[/b] (please include link to page)
[b]Breeding fee:[/b] (if applicable)
[b]Stallion:[/b] (please include link to page)
[b]Stud fee:[/b] (if applicable)
[b]Vet fee:[/b] 200c
Last edited by SydneyandStorm on Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:37 am, edited 20 times in total.
SydneyandStorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre -- Bank and Shops

Postby SydneyandStorm » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:28 am

Bank

Each user gets 20,000c to start with, and even if your name isn't listed on here, the money is yours once you've been accepted ^^ Money can be earned through competition earnings, stud/breeding fees, sales, leases, etc.

Each user is now responsible for managing his or her bank account.

animal lover1234 - 23,675
piaffes - 51,475
ACanadianEquestrian - 28,150
aviate - 54,325
TheLoveOfHorses - 11,850
SydneyandStorm - 26,000
GingerTheWolf - 1,650
SpotSong - 4,950
AaYvLaA - 32,650
Mrs. M - 16,050
✝ Jesus Freak ✝ - 22,000
Oddly Shaded - 159,375
Azteca. - 37,650
Cowgirlchrista - 21,500
jetred - 15,800
iStarz - 6,200
Cheshire~Evan~ - 20,900
.Live.Love.Laugh - 21,300
Delta Blue - 28,375
OutFoxed - 27,950
PurpleRocks - 21,500
apart - 55,250
finny. - 24,350
waldeinsamkeit - 29,100
emedao123 - 20,800
eventer. - 21,000
~Birch~ - 20,500
Ivara - 20,500
Benny. - 20,000
~Pure Adrenaline~ - 13,200
leblade72 - 20,000
Black Cat. - 20,000
RazzBerry - 11,000
Nevriande - 12,000
GallopingHowl - 6,550
OvercastKid - 11,950
Sandy Hoofprints - 19,850
lizerbeth - 9,500
~Cindyisold~ - 18,000
ShihTzuLady - 7,500

Last updated 05/24/15

Shops

You can purchase a variety of items here, from accessories necessary for competitions to fancy braiding of a horse.

English mane braids: 150c
Western mane braids: 150c
Driving mane braids: 150c
Full mane braids: 150c
English tail braid: 200c
Driving tail bob: 50c
Full tail braid: 100c
Trimmed tail: 100c
Ear bonnet: 50c
Splint boots: 75c
Bell boots: 50c
Skid boots: 75c
Greased legs: 100c
Gaited braids: 100c
Gaited boots: 50c
Feather trim: 0c

[center][b]I'd like to purchase an item![/b][/center]
[b]Horse:[/b] [url=x](link to page, please)[/url]
[b]Item(s):[/b]
[b]Purpose:[/b] (discipline, aesthetics/accessory, mane growth, etc.)
[b]Color(s):[/b] (if applicable)
[b]Price:[/b]
[b]Starting balance:[/b]
[b]Final balance:[/b]

A full mane braid is used in place of English mane braids for horses with long, curly hair. Accessories and braids will appear under the horse's page. Please also note that colors are only applicable for accessories; manes and tails will always be that horse's natural hair color, regardless of any bands or ties. Certain items may only be available in specific colors, which can be seen under the disciplines post.

Mane trims (for Fjords) and leg trimming is free, but must be specified on the form. ^^

Horses for Sale

Please PM the owner of the horse about the sale and agree on the sale first. The buyer will then copy the below form, fill it out, and post it. The seller must then quote the post and write "Accepted" beneath it. At this point, the sale is final and the seller may not demand the return of their horse unless the buyer agrees.

[center][b]I'm purchasing a horse![/b][/center]
[b]Barn:[/b]
[b]Former owner:[/b]
[b]Price:[/b]
[b]Initial balance:[/b]
[b]Current balance:[/b]

Horses offered for sale may be posted on the Sale and Stud Thread linked on the first post.

Horses for Lease

If you decide to lease out your horse, please post him or her on the Sales and Stud Thread linked on the first post. Leasing allows another player to train, breed, and receive money from a horse without actually owning it. The lessee must pay the horse's care in addition to any price the owner sets, but any earnings from competitions or breedings will belong to the lessee. Lease fees must be a one-time fee rather than a weekly price.

If you and the owner agree on leasing a horse, please fill out the form below and post it:

[center][b]I'm leasing a horse![/b][/center]
[b]Owner:[/b]
[b]Lease fee:[/b]
[b]Special conditions:[/b] (horse must be trained each week, horse may not be bred without owner's permission, horse may not be shown without owner's approval, etc.)
[b]Lease ends:[/b]

The owner must then quote the post and write that it is approved.

In addition to leasing out a horse for income, a user may choose to lease out a horse in order to ensure that it is trained every week while they are on a vacation or unable to access the computer for a certain length of time. If this is the case, the owner should specify that it is a free lease and may set limitations to training only in order to preserve the horse as it was before the owner's brief absence. The owner should also specify the reasoning behind this type of lease (not necessarily in detail -- just that you will be unable to get on) in order to receive a response as quickly as possible.

The owner may not request that a horse be returned before a lease ends unless the lessee is offered some sort of refund for either the week or from a portion of the total cost. The lessee may end the lease at any time but will not receive a refund unless the owner offers one.

Imports

Imports are designed to get more horses into the game so that breeds can prosper versus sit around waiting for me to make that one odd breed a second horse so they can at least have offspring. You cannot choose any characteristics for the horse -- coat, height, markings, etc. except for the breed, gender, and discipline (it will have strong stats in those areas), and each import costs 8,500c. If you decide you don't like the horse, you may either keep it and sell it or get a refund of 5,000c and the horse will go up for adoption. You may only receive one imported horse every two weeks so that I can keep this manageable. Please submit the form below to import a horse:

[center][b]I'm importing a horse![/b][/center]
[b]Breed:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Discipline:[/b]
[b]Initial balance:[/b]
[b]Final balance:[/b]
Last edited by SydneyandStorm on Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:27 am, edited 121 times in total.
SydneyandStorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre - Affiliations/Associations

Postby SydneyandStorm » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:47 am

Barn Affiliations

Meadow Hill Equine Facility - Meadow Ridge Equestrian Center, Briar Hill Western Facility, Briar Hill English Facility

Breed Associations

Thoroughbred Breeders Association
RVEC Quarter Horse Association
Fjord Breeders Society
Native Pride Paints
The Warmblood Registry
The Heavy Horse Registry
Gaited Horse Breeders Association
The Gentle Giants Percheron Registry
Tennessee Walking Horse Breeders Association

Color Associations

Dun/Buckskin Breeders and Buyers Association

Information

Barns can create affiliations with other barns, which allows them to create local shows and an additional point is given in a competition to horses belonging to the barn hosting the competition. Local shows do not cost money to attend, but a user can only attend if his or her barn is a part of the affiliation. Additionally, the quality of the horses will determine the prize money paid to first, second, and third place. There may only be up to five original barns of an affiliation. Any additional barns must be first approved by me. When an affiliation hosts a show, I am to be notified in order to determine the prize money, and each barn can only host a show once a month. The cost to create a local show is 1,000c.

Breed associations can create shows specific to the breed they represent. Additionally, breed associations keep a ranking of the top stallions, mares, geldings, and overall horses within the association, making it easy to find the best ones to breed and/or buy. Each horse admitted into the breed association must pay a fee to register, which is decided upon by the president of the breed association. This is a source of money for the breed association, as well as competition fees, and breed associations start with 50,000c. Once this money runs out, it's up to the association's president to get more money. The cost to create a breed-specific show is 2,500c, and in breed-specific shows, the association's president's horses receive two additional points. The founder of a breed association must serve at least one month's term as president. After that time, another user may step up or the founder may choose to stay on as president. If more than one user would like to be president, a poll will be set up and the association members will vote. Horses registered with an active breed association will receive two additional points during shows. There may be more than one breed association per breed; however, they may not have the same name. Only one association may be RVEC-certified.

RVEC-certified breed associations are given additional bonuses to their horses when competed in RVEC shows. For an association to become RVEC-certified, that association must submit the minimum conformation standards and breed standards (accepted heights, colors, markings, etc. -- must reflect real-life breed standards) to me via PM. Horses registered in RVEC-certified associations will receive seven additional points during shows.

Color associations may also be created, and though they cannot host shows, they can be an excellent resource in finding horses of a particular color to breed with. The top stallions, mares, and geldings must be organized as with the breed associations, and if the user chooses to charge an admittance fee, any money will go directly to the user rather than the association. For any color association, there must be a disclaimer that it is a color, not a breed.

Breed associations may include types, such as gaited horses or sporthorses. If you would like to create a type registry/association, simply submit the breed association form.

If you are the one creating an association, you may choose the official name, such as "Palomino Horse Association," "Palomino Horse Breeders Association," "Palomino Horse Registry," "Palomino Breeders Association," etc. I simply included the number of terms that I did to give you a wide variety to choose from -- you don't have to use them all, or even any.

Breed and color associations must first be approved by me; barn affiliations may be created independently.
Last edited by SydneyandStorm on Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:07 pm, edited 17 times in total.
SydneyandStorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre -- Shows

Postby SydneyandStorm » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:21 am

Information

Horses may enter varying levels of shows depending on their age. Ages are described as follows:

Newborns: Cannot be trained or shown. Until they turn one year, these guys just kind of... exist.
Yearlings: May be trained but not shown.
2-year-olds: May be shown in halter/showmanship, but they earn training points by place, not money.
3-year-olds: May be shown in halter/showmanship and earn money and training points. They may not show in other disciplines.
4 to 5-year-olds: May be shown in "green shows" in their respective disciplines. Earn training points instead of money except in halter/showmanship.
5 to 7-year-olds: May be entered in local shows, in which they can receive small cash prizes.
7 to 15-year-olds: May compete in invitational shows, which involve qualifying shows that must be competed and placed well in to receive an invite. Invitational shows have large cash prizes but also large fees, as horses must travel and board in order to compete in one. A horse will typically need to place first, second, or third in three to four qualifying competitions in order to receive an invite. In addition to large cash prizes, winners will receive training, physical, and occasionally character points to add to their horses in an invitational competition.
7 to 18-year-olds: May continue to compete in local shows and earn small cash prizes. Horses may retire from invitational showing and return to local showing but may not compete in both competitions in the same week. Alternating between circuits is fine but not necessarily a good idea unless your horse has been injured. Local shows are a good idea for horses with lower stats whose owners are happy making a small profit in a smaller ring versus potentially taking a loss in a larger ring.
18-year-olds+: May be retired or continue showing as a lesson horse or pony. Six children's profiles will be released during lesson shows and horses may be offered up as lease horses. Those chosen will earn their riders 1,000c in lease fees. There are no fees to show in a lesson show.

Training
Horses may be trained once a week, and the amount they gain from the training varies from horse to horse. Training is free but must be posted on each horse's individual page in order to be updated. You may only train up to five horses per day.

Disciplines

There are several different disciplines you may choose to train your horse in:

Hunters: Hunters is a jumping discipline based upon the horse's appearance going over the jumps. For this discipline, it is required that the horse's mane and tail be braided in an English style and that their legs be trimmed. A hunter horse's head, coat, and action are the most important physical traits, and the ideal attitude for a hunter is amiable, though sensitive, focused, and honest attitudes will be rewarded as well. A hunter should never be naughty, and nervous, mischievous, and timid attitudes do not indicate a horse best suited for hunters.

Jumpers: Jumpers is a jumping discipline based upon the speed with which the horse can clear massive jumps in an arena. For this discipline, the mane and tail may be left as the owner desires, but ear bonnets and splint boots are required and may be any color. Legs should be trimmed in order to get the best fit with the splint boots. A jumper horse's shoulders, forelegs, and hindquarters are the most important physical traits, and the ideal attitude for a jumper is honest. Clever and focused attitudes will also be rewarded in the show ring. A jumper should never be timid, as this can lead to dangerous jumps; however, attitudes that may be penalized in other show rings are not necessarily penalized in jumpers.

Cross-Country: Cross-country is a jumping discipline based upon the horse's ability to navigate a jumping course over varying terrain within a certain amount of time. For cross-country, the horse must be wearing splint boots (of any color) and have its legs greased, and for proper boot fit, his or her legs should also be trimmed. Forelegs, hindquarters, and hind legs are the most important physical traits of a cross-country horse, and a clever attitude is the best one for this discipline. Focused and honest attitudes are also rewarded, and a cross-country horse should never be timid. Other attitudes, as in jumpers, are neither penalized nor rewarded.

Dressage: Dressage is a discipline based upon the ability of a horse to complete various maneuvers and its obedience to its rider. For dressage, a horse must have a braided mane and a trimmed tail, and its legs must be trimmed. The neck, coat, and hindquarters are the most important physical traits of a dressage horse. The best attitude for a dressage horse to have is focused, and sensitive and amiable attitudes will be rewarded as well. Nervous and mischievous attitudes are penalized in this discipline, and a naughty attitude would indicate that a horse is not cut out for dressage.

Three-Day Eventing: Three-day eventing is a combination of dressage, cross-country, and jumpers. A horse must have a page prepared for each of the three disciplines and should ideally have the ability to excel in each of them. At the end of the day, the winner of the most cumulative points from the three disciplines will be the champion.

Western Pleasure: Western pleasure is a discipline based on how pleasurable the horse looks to ride and how well it responds to its owners commands. For western pleasure, a horse should have a mane braided in a western style and a trimmed tail, and legs should be trimmed as well. Coat, action, and neck are most important in a western pleasure horse, and the ideal attitude is sensitive. Focused and amiable attitudes will also be rewarded, and while a nervous or mischievous attitude will be penalized, the least desirable attitude is naughty.

Reining: Reining is a discipline based on the ability of a horse to successfully perform several maneuvers with perfect obedience to its rider, much like a western version of dressage. For reining, a horse must wear splint boots (white, black, or leather) and skid boots (white, black, or leather) and should have its legs trimmed in order to allow proper boot fit. The hind legs, coat, and action are the most important physical aspects of a reining horse. The best attitude for a reining horse to have is focused, though sensitive and amiable are also highly rewarded, and a reiner should not be nervous. Naughty and mischievous attitudes will be penalized as well.

Barrel Racing: Barrel racing is a discipline in which the horse tries to race around a set of three barrels in a cloverleaf pattern as quickly as it can. A horse trained in barrel racing should have splint boots and bell boots (any color), and trimmed legs. Shoulders, hind legs, and forelegs are the most important physical traits of a barrel racer. Barrel racers should have a clever attitude, although a focused attitude is rewarded as well, and barrel racers should never be timid.

Cutting: Cutting is a discipline in which a horse separates two to three cattle from a herd and works them until they give up, and they are judged on how well they handle the cattle. A horse trained in cutting must have splint boots (white, black, or leather) with legs trimmed to allow for proper fit, and the owner may purchase cattle if they would like. The head, shoulders, and hind legs of a cutting horse are most important. Cutting horses should have a clever attitude, though sensitive and focused attitudes will be rewarded, and although naughty, mischievous, and timid attitudes will be penalized, a cutting horse should never be nervous.

Driving: Driving is a discipline traditionally reserved to drafts but is open to any breed capable of pulling a cart. A driving horse must have a bobbed mane and tail, and horses should be feathered according to their breeds (heavy for Shires, light for Andalusians, none for Arabians). The chest, action, and coat of a driving horse is most important, as well as an amiable attitude. Focused and sensitive attitudes are also rewarded in driving, and although nervous attitudes are penalized, the worst attitude for a driving horse to have is a mischievous one.

Saddle Seat: Gaited shows are reserved for horses with the ability to gait, such as Tennessee Walking Horses and Missouri Foxtrotters. A saddle seat horse must have front bell boots (white or black) and mane ribbons, which may be any color and are encouraged to be multiple colors for the best results. The action, forelegs, and head of a gaited horse is most important, and a sensitive attitude is the most highly rewarded. Focused and amiable attitudes are also valued, and naughty attitudes are most strongly penalized, though nervous, mischievous, and timid attitudes are also discouraged.

Polo: Polo is a discipline in which horses are galloped back and forth across a field while their riders attempt to hit a small ball into their goal. Polo ponies will need their manes roached, tails balled, and legs protected with polo wraps, which means that their feathers should be shaved for an ideal fit. The ideal polo pony has high stats in hindquarters, hind legs, and shoulders and is focused, although clever and sensitive attitudes are also sought after. A polo pony should never be timid, and nervous and naughty attitudes are also penalized..

Halter/Showmanship: Halter horses are judged on abiding by their breed standard and having good conformation with a disciplinary weight (there should be at least one clear discipline of choice by stats). Showmanship horses are judged on attitude (which depends on the breed standard), movement, and coat. The points are added to determine the winner, who wins both classes as the champion. No additional tack or equipment is required.

Hall of Fame

None yet!
Last edited by SydneyandStorm on Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:43 am, edited 10 times in total.
SydneyandStorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre -- Vet Clinic

Postby SydneyandStorm » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:22 am

Redwood Valley Equestrian Center
Physical Therapy and Veterinary Clinic

Information

Horses can be in full health, restricted to a particular level of riding, or companion only, which is dependent on the type of injury they have (if any). The resident vet at RVEC will advise the owner on the amount of riding their horse can take. The restrictions are as follows:

Full health: These horses are in the prime of their life and are not suffering from any particular injury. They can enter any invitational shows or local shows and are not restricted by training or breeding limitations.

Moderate riding only: Horses restricted to moderate riding cannot compete in invitational shows but are free to participate in local or lesson shows. They do not have any training or breeding limitations. Moderate riding restrictions may be temporary or permanent.

Light riding only: Horses restricted to light riding can only compete in local shows once a month or lesson shows only. They can only be trained once every two weeks but are not subject to any breeding limitations. Light riding restrictions may be temporary or permanent.

Companion only: Horses designated as companion only cannot be shown, trained, or ridden at all. Breeding restrictions depend on the severity of their injury. Companion animal designation is permanent.

Injury Levels

Horses may be subject to a variety of different injuries, not all of which are serious. Their riding level is dependent upon the severity of the injury and the hardiness of the horse.

Light injury: Light injuries are usually not serious and typically allow a horse to continue riding. They take two weeks of stall rest to heal without therapy and have a 70% chance of returning to full health. On some occasions, a horse with a light injury may be restricted to being a companion animal only, but this is usually when the horse has recovered from a serious or moderate injury and cannot be ridden without exacerbating the injury.

Moderate injury: Moderate injuries typically don't permanently take a horse out of riding but can limit its showing or riding ability. They take four weeks of stall rest to heal without therapy and have a 30% chance of returning to full health. A horse could be designated as a companion animal only after a moderate injury, but it isn't common, and breeding while a horse is moderately injured must first be approved by the vet. More often than not, a horse with a moderate injury will return to moderate riding or better with therapy.

Severe injury: Severe injuries are often devastating to a horse's invitational showing career and can easily take a horse out of showing and training. They take eight weeks of stall rest to heal without therapy and have a 10% chance of returning to light riding only. Most horses designated as companion animals suffered from severe injuries and horses that have been severely injured are unable to breed. With intensive therapy, many severely injured horses are able to return to riding, but very few will return to full health.

Therapy Options

An injured horse can either be kept on stall rest or placed into a physical therapy program to aid in recovery. Physical therapy costs extra but decreases the time the horse is out of work and can improve the horse's ultimate condition in the long wrong. Please note that improving from a severe injury to no injury does not guarantee that the horse will be able to take on intensive training again; it simply means that the horse will be in less pain and could be able to do more riding than if he had not received the therapy. Most therapy options must be used in isolation and any additional therapies must first be approved by a vet. The effectiveness of other therapies will be decreased after all successful rounds of a therapy (ie. after vertical vibration therapy or some other therapy is used to its fullest extent, the effectiveness of solarium therapy or some other therapy will be severely diminished).

Water treadmill: Costs 3,000c per session with a recommended frequency of three sessions per injury level. Patients have a 90% chance of healing completely from a severe or moderate injury, a 10% chance of recovering to only a light injury from a severe or moderate injury, and a 100% chance of full recovery from a light injury. Because the water treadmill is such an effective treatment, if it does not successfully treat an injury, no other treatments will be successful after its complete use. The water treadmill may be used once every three days.

Swimming pool: Costs 1,250c per session with a recommended frequency of three sessions per injury level. Patients have a 60% chance of healing completely from a severe injury and a 40% chance of healing from a severe injury to a light injury; a 70% chance of healing completely from a moderate injury and a 30% chance of healing from a moderate injury to a light injury; and an 80% chance of healing completely from a light injury and a 20% chance of seeing no change. The swimming pool may be used once every four days.

Vertical vibration therapy: Costs 1,000c per session with a recommended frequency of three sessions per injury level. Patients have an 80% chance of healing from a severe injury to a moderate injury and a 20% chance of healing from a severe or moderate injury to a light injury. Pairing vertical vibration therapy with three sessions of solarium therapy will increase the chance of improving the patient's condition to only a light injury by 10%. Vertical vibration therapy may be used once every three days.

Laser therapy: Costs 800c per session with a recommended frequency of three sessions per injury level. Patients have a 60% chance of improving from a severe injury to a light injury or a moderate injury to a full recovery and a 40% chance of improving from a severe injury to a moderate injury or a moderate injury to a light injury. Pairing laser therapy with three sessions of solarium therapy will increase the chance of seeing an improvement by 10%. Laser therapy can be used once every two days.

Solarium therapy: Costs 750c per session with a recommended frequency of four treatments per injury level. Patients have a 70% chance of improving from a moderate injury to a light injury or a light injury to a full recovery and a 30% chance of seeing no change. Solarium therapy cannot be used to treat severe injuries and can be used once every two days.

Electromagnetic pulse therapy: Costs 600c per session with a recommended frequency of five treatments per injury level. Patients have a 90% chance of healing from a moderate injury to a full recovery, a 10% chance of healing from a moderate injury to a light injury, and a 100% chance of improving from a light injury to a full recovery. Electromagnetic pulse therapy cannot be used on a severe injury and can be used once every three days.

Saltwater therapy: Costs 500c per session with a recommended frequency of four treatments per injury level. Patients have an 80% chance of improving from a moderate injury to a light injury or a light injury to full recovery and a 20% chance of seeing no change. Saltwater therapy can only be used for one injury level (ie. it can be used to heal from a moderate injury to a light injury or a light injury to a moderate injury but it cannot be used for both) and can be used once every two days.

Treadmill: Costs 400c per session with a recommended frequency of three treatments per injury level. Patients have a 90% chance of improving from a light injury to a full recovery and a 10% chance of seeing no change. Treadmills cannot be used to heal severe or moderate injuries and can be used once every four days.
Last edited by SydneyandStorm on Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:48 pm, edited 48 times in total.
SydneyandStorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre -- Horse Competition Si

Postby Saturn V » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:30 am

Mark, this looks fun :)

—————————— ☆☆☆——————————
Hi friends! - I’m Saturn V

ToyhouseArt FightArt Shop 2
Discord: Saturn V#8631
—————————— ☆☆☆——————————
Saturn V

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saturn V » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:41 am

I'd like to create a barn!

Username: animal lover1234
Barn name: River Valley Equestrian Centre
Number of barns currently owned: 0
Type of barn: discipline specific for hunters
Barn owner:
Anna, age 25, female, loves every animal big or small, help others, willing to try new things, quick learner and quick teacher

—————————— ☆☆☆——————————
Hi friends! - I’m Saturn V

ToyhouseArt FightArt Shop 2
Discord: Saturn V#8631
—————————— ☆☆☆——————————
Saturn V

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SydneyandStorm » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:55 am

animal lover1234 wrote:

Username: animal lover1234
Barn name: River Valley Equestrian Centre
Number of barns currently owned: 0
Type of barn: discipline specific for hunters
Barn owner:
Anna, age 25, female, loves every animal big or small, help others, willing to try new things, quick learner and quick teacher

Fantastic, thanks for joining! I'll add you right away! <3
SydneyandStorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby landofmakebelieve » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:07 am

hello, bonjour
please call me believe

herro der mes amis, i am believe. proud canadian, ottb loving, colt breaking, nfr dreaming. pictured on the left is my racetrack reject, landofmakebelieve, aka molly, moo, shmoo, whatever name comes to mind x] molly is a 10 year old canadian bred thoroughbred mare, and standing at about 16.2hh, we look a little wonky when we chase cans, but la dee da that's alright. molly and i tried several disciplines. i tried desperately to get her to catch on to dressage, but unfortunately, she still has the race bred mind and is all go. however, together we found a discipline which we could both enjoy; western gaming. this summer we started travelling to barrel races locally. our current record on a standard size pattern is 17.314 and we are improving with every run. and to all the low budget barrel racers out there such as myself, a word of advise; chin up darling. you may not have a million dollar mount under your butt, but you and your crossbred, rejected, hard headed, rescue baby can do it. you know why? cause those girls sitting in their custom circle y's, upon shiny, top of the line mounts are full of themselves. they think there's no way they can lose. they get cocky. stay humble, believe in yourself, in your horse, and most importantly ride your little heart out.
landofmakebelieve

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me