Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Woodling Adopts by moosetachio

Artist moosetachio [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 22 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
29 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Woodling Adopts

Postby moosetachio » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:56 pm

Welcome to my newest species, Woodlings. :> All the information can be found below.

"What are Woodlings?"

Woodlings are herbivores whose sizes range from small deer to moose. They can live anywhere as long as the region has plant life. Woodlings are apart of nature therefore their neck, belly, and tail all have wood-like markings with plant growth on them. Woodlings are seasonal creatures, which means depending on their region and their plant growth, the color and amount may change depending on the season. For example, a Woodling with maple leaves will have green leaves in spring and summer, golden leaves in fall, and no leaves in winter. However, a Woodling with pine needles may have it all year round.

These creatures are gentle and non-violent. Woodlings mostly live in herds of 3-10, but it is not unusual to see one lone Woodling. They eat leaves, fruits, mushrooms, roots, and other plants. Woodlings can also live off of just water and sunlight for a short time only if in the season where their plant growth is at the max. [The plants on its body making enough food and energy which is then shared with the body.] Despite being able to eat a variety of plants, they prefer sweet flavors such as fruits and honey when they can get the rare treat.

Woodlings have whiskers along with their almost feline-like muzzle. Their jagged mouth is great for stripping leaves and bark off trees. They have large ears which helps them to hear danger which comes in 3 types: rounded, pointed, or petal-shaped. When they do sense danger, the wing-like tufts of fur on their shoulders would quickly lift up, letting any other Woodlings nearby to run. Small pawed, they are very fast on their paws; often reaching up to 45 mph. Their tails are whip-like and normally come in either long or medium.

The only Woodlings there are in the world are either domesticated or wild. To capture a Woodling, you must leave a sweet treat outside. Whether it be a slice of strawberry cheesecake, a slice of apple pie, or a handful of fruit flavored candy, the sugary scent is sure to attract one. A happy domestic Woodling is one that receives something sweet once a day. Half an apple or a bowl of whipped cream would make any Woodling happy. To house these creatures, a large backyard or plenty of woods nearby is needed. Small confined space will make a Woodling agitated and have no appetite. In return, the happy Woodling will make your garden and indoor plants flourish.

--Staff--

Admin/Creator
phoenix1617

Artists
---

Guest Artists
ToastingCinnamon - 1/3
☁Lady Raincloud☁ - 0/3

Woodlings belong to phoenix1617
Last edited by moosetachio on Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:16 am, edited 5 times in total.
moosetachio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules and Regulations

Postby moosetachio » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:36 am

..::General Rules and Regulations::..

- Please respect the admin and artists. They set aside time out of their daily lives to design them. No need to be rude and/or hassle them about the next Woodling.
- Woodlings are an original species. Which means you may not go and make your own without phoenix1617's permission.
- You may take them off CS. But please remember to give credit when its needed and do not claim species or design as your own. You may claim the character as your own.
- Keep your hands to yourself. If that Woodling is not yours, you have no permission to use it in any way unless you have the owner's permission.
- You may not sell for $$. Most of the Woodlings made will be for free, as in you are not required to pay in anyway when trying to adopt. So do not let someone else's labor go for your own personal gain. If you are found doing so, you will be banned from all future Woodling related events. You may however, trade your Woodling for someone else's Woodling.
- Abandoning your Woodling. If you feel like your are neglecting your Woodling and someone else may give it a better home, please let phoenix1617 know so that Woodling can be put up for re-adopt.

..::Restrictions::..

- Normal owners (including GA) may own up to 4 Woodlings.*
- Artists may own up to 5 Woodlings.** Artists may make a custom Woodling for him/herself (only available after being an artist for 2 weeks) and one custom for someone else.
- Admin can own and make unlimited customs.(Unlikely though since I'm quite picky about my character designs.)

* Custom Woodlings are counted towards your max Woodling number.
** Artists cannot make a custom for someone who has already reached their max number of Woodlings. There is no "on-hold" while the owner tries to adopt off one of their Woodlings.

-
Last edited by moosetachio on Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
moosetachio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

How to Adopt / Woodling Guidlines

Postby moosetachio » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:37 am

..::How to Adopt::..

There will be 2 available Woodling adoptions: Domestic and Wild.

- Domestic: Like any normal adopt, rules are decided by the artist. Ex: short story, form contest, funny gif, etc. A majority of Woodling adopts will be domestic.

- Wild: These Woodlings are wild, which means you must lure him/her to you. The rules is still decided by the artists, but a special something must be included in the form: "What treat will you attempt to lure the Woodling with?" Please provide an image of the sweet treat or a link to it.

..::Woodling Guidlines::..

- Woodlings are nature inspired so a plant of some sort is required to grow on areas such as the neck, belly, and tail. The plant can ONLY grow in those areas.
- The neck, belly, and tail all have wood-like markings.
- Line-edits are allowed. Just be reasonable.
- Accessories have to be sensible. Example: A pumpkin themed Woodling won't have Easter egg accessories.
- Since Woodlings are a part of nature, their accessories should be more nature inspired and less artificial. YES: flower crown, colorful pebbles, scarf, seashell necklace, feathers, etc. NO: a watch, cogs and gears, headphones, ect.
- Same plants can be used for multiple Woodlings. Just make them unique in where they are placed, accessories, and color palettes.
- Please make the design flow with the theme if there is one.

Last edited by moosetachio on Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
moosetachio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Guest Artist Applications - closed

Postby moosetachio » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:37 am

I'm on the search for at least 2 guest artists. c:

If you are interested, please fill out the form below.

This will close once I have selected my 2 GAs.

Code: Select all
Username:
Past GA experiences?:
Other designs?:
Last edited by moosetachio on Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
moosetachio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

RES

Postby moosetachio » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:21 am

moosetachio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Woodling Adopts [~open~]

Postby nimrod. » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:23 am

These look wonderful <3
Image Image
Image Image
nimrod.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby allinian » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:22 pm

marking yes
allinian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sorrel. » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:00 pm

ah these are great <33 marking <33
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

╒════════════════════╕
╘════════════════════╛
characterschimi

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
sorrel.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dewey » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:04 pm

marking ahh these are gorgeous phoenix ;w; <3
Dewey