Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Delta Velorum Foxes - #100 Posted/Big News! by SnowStar

Artist SnowStar [gallery]
Time spent 6 hours, 40 minutes
Drawing sessions 34
46 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Delta Velorum Foxes - #100 Posted/Big News!

Postby SnowStar » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:20 pm

BIG NEWS!
-->NEW LINES<--
This species will be moving to another thread. We are not closing, we are simply moving because we have new lines, and a new nursery as well! Current adoptions on here will still be going but all new DVFs made will be put onto the new lines and thread. We will also be getting some new things such as raised ownership limits, a members archive, a new stamp and opening for affiliates, and more!

Founder/Archivist/Species Owner:

Co-Owner:

Moderators:

Bank Manager/Roleplay Creator:

Artists:
Currently hiring 2!

Guest Artist:
--------------------------------------
Important Links:
○ Main Thread [you are here]
Archive
Bank
Discussion Thread
Nursery
Clan Information & Joining
Roleplay

Delta Velorum Foxes (Delta Foxes or DVF for short) are large vulpes like creatures living on the planet Delta Velorum. They live in a variety of biomes depending on where the clan is located - anywhere from southern lush forests to steep cliffs to the north. They are known to live in just about any place on Delta Velorum, but consider the deserts as a sacred place and never step foot into there. Delta Foxes can come in any natural color and come in a variety of shades and patterns. Their eyes can be any known color -both natural and unnatural.

** All New rules are in red! **

• Please be respectful to staff members at all times.
• Please don't whine, threaten, harass or anything of that sort to both staff members and non-staff. If there is a problem please direct it to the Owner, Co-Owner, or Moderator.
• Do not steal this species or designs in any way.
--○ Any illegal DVFs made will be reported immediately to a CS mod and the person banned from this species.
• Do not make any DVFs as your fursona/persona.
• No two DVFs can have the same name.
• Do not ask to become a staff member of any kind, and please do not ask for customs.
• Do not mini mod.

• Customs are awarded to staff members only.
• You may own up to 5 Delta Velorum Foxes. Staff Members can have up to 6 (4 normal, 2 custom). Staff members are allowed to choose to swap their custom slots for normal adoption slots if they wish to. Owner and Co-owner have the right to bypass this rule.
• If someone has created gift lines you may not color them in for contest. You are only allowed to color the DVFs you own.
• You may not sell any Delta Velorum Foxes for any currency.
• Any bribery will result in a warning and/or ban depending on the situation.
• The rules can be changed at any given time with or without warning.

• You must make at least one Delta Velorum Fox a week.
• Do not use solid black colors in any DVF designs. This now includes eye pupils.
• Always put all colors used (including iris and pupil colors) on the color palette. If you have leftover unused palette squares, erase them.

• Guest artist can make up to 3 Delta Velorum Foxes and one custom. No custom lines/edits allowed.
• DVFs come in only natural pelt colors and any color for the eyes. Roan/duns/any horse colors and patterns are allowed as well as Horse face markings. Paw pads/tongues can by any color.
• You must make at least 8 normal Delta Velorum Foxes before you can make one with hair/tail/fur edits. You must make at least 5 growing teens before you can make one with PKS. Foxes with Heterochromia do not have to wait but please try to limit yourself with it since it's considered uncommon.
• You are required to run by any DVF with edits by SnowStar for approval before posting it. Accessories, Facial Markings, and Scars do not count as edits.
• All Delta Velorum Foxes have a facial markings one way or the other. Custom Facial markings are not considered a edit. No facial markings that look like symbols (lightning bolts, pentagrams, text, ect).
• Every 50th DVF (#50, #100, #150, ect) is reserved for a special adoption.
• Both Runner Ups and Customs are not allowed to be numbered.
• Do not remove the signature.
• Once a DVF is adopted out please remove the ADOPT ME layer and turn on both the Name and Clan/Rank layers. Any name must be written yourself, clan and ranks are already listed so all you need to do is erase what is not needed.

Warning System:
Strike 1: One week adoption ban, not allowed to adopt any DVF during the time and any adoption contest that has been entered before or during strike that ends while strike is still in order, the person will automatically be disqualified from said contest. If a Artist/Guest artist/Staff member is given this strike they will be unable to post any customs til one week period has ended.

Strike 2: One month adoption ban, not allowed to adopt any DVF during the time and any adoption contest that has been entered before or during strike that ends while strike is still in order, the person will automatically be disqualified from said contest. Any nursery tickets submitted during this time will be denied. If a Artist/Staff member is given this strike they will be unable to post any customs til one month time period has ended.

Strike 3: User will be permanently banned from the Delta Velorum species. All DVFs that the user owns may be revoked and put up for re-adoption depending on the situation in which the person was given a third strike. Said person is not allowed to post, draw, adopt, roleplay, take part in any DVF event, and/or talk about anything DVF related both on and off site.

Strikes:
TheSongOfTheStars - 1 strike

Bans:
None so far!

Delta Velorum Fox Species made, owned, and © by SnowStar
Last edited by SnowStar on Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:52 am, edited 109 times in total.
SnowStar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Delta Velorum Foxes - Information

Postby SnowStar » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:32 am

Basics
Delta Velorum Foxes are tall looking foxes that are only located on the remote planet of Delta Velorum.

Standing between 2 - 2 1/2 feet tall at the shoulder, Delta Velorum Foxes are very tall in appearance compared to Red Foxes on Earth, standing on average as tall as a common coyote from earth. They tend to be long legged in appearance and are well known for their endurance and agility. Males tend to be more muscular than females, while female are more slender and elegant in appearance. A Delta Foxes fur tends to be very soft and short, and come in a wide variety of natural colors. It is not uncommon to see them in colors and patterns similar to horses, and can be seen in cat colors/patterns as well (such as calico, tabby, bengal markings ect). However the combination of colors and patterns are limitless and each Delta Velorum Fox is different from the next. No two are ever the same in looks. Delta Velorum Foxes can come in any eye color and combination - no matter if it's natural or unnatural for both pupil and iris. A fox with two or more eye colors (known as Heterochromia) is uncommon but not unheard of.

Facial Markings

Delta Velorum foxes always have facial markings one way or another, there has never been a fox without one and it is highly unlikely there ever be one without facial markings. Facial markings come in a wide variety in looks and Horse facial markings are a common sight as well. Their facial markings can come in just about any shape and size but markings that look like text and/or symbols (anarchy sign, pentagrams, ect) are never seen and are frowned upon.
--------------------

Mutations

Mutations re not unheard of in the Delta Velorum Fox species and more new mutations are frequently popping up as time goes by. The most noticeable mutations are with the Delta Fox's tail - over the years as the species spread across Delta Velorum they have developed several tail varieties that have been categorized as;
○ Normal (the default tail the species originated with)
○ Short (half the length or the normal tail)
○ Tiny (very small tail similar to a deers tail)
○ Long (twice as long are the normal tail)

Other tail varieties have been known but tend to be unique to the individual. Fur mutations are known as well and many Delta Velorum Foxes have been seen with manes (hair edits). Ear mutations are extremely rare to find and are almost unheard of.

Eye mutations are started to develop as well. One called "reverse eyes", where the individual has very light colored pupils compared to the iris color. Most are not blind but they are very sensitive to sunlight compared to those with normal eye colors. 50% of children from a parent with reverse eyes can get this trait. Only one out of every 30 adoptions are seen with reverse eyes.

Diet

Delta Velorum Foxes can eat almost anything - as long as it doesn't smell bad to them it's edible. Depending on the fox they can be a full vegetarian, carnivore, or anything in between. Most tend to be a good mix of both (omnivore); vegetation and local herbs are a excellent source of vitamins needed to survive especially when prey is scarce and local herbs on Delta Velorum helps to aid digestion. Shrubbery, grass, herbs, leaves, and even tree bark are known to be eaten as long as it doesn't smell bad to the individual. Meat tends to be a welcomed meal as long as the Fox knows exactly what he or she is getting, some prey are quite a treat but if the wrong area of that prey is eaten the fox can get easily poisoned. Predators and other Delta Velorum Foxes are never eaten.

--------------------

Accessories

There are two types of Delta Foxes; those who like accessories and wear them to express themselves and their personality, and those who prefer to not have any accessories. It all depends on the Fox. Either way accessories are a huge part of Delta Velorum Fox society. Accessories always very from each fox with what they like, and can be almost anything and everything.

Note:
Piercings are restricted to the ears only.
Shirts, pants, underwear, socks, and other forms of human clothing is not allowed. Scarves, shashes, and things of that sort are always allowed. If you're unsure if the accessories you want your DVF to have is allowed or not please send a PM to SnowStar.

Hair is not a accessory and is not allowed unless your DVF already came with hair or you were awarded a hair token from a event.

Permanent Kit Syndrome
Permanent Kit Syndrome, or PKS for short - is a uncommon genetic defect that only effects young Delta Velorum Foxes. Those with this Syndrome are born like normal Fox kits, but once they become a teen they completely stop growing. They can live as long as any other DVF, and this syndrome doesn't seem to affect the kits health in any way. Those with PKS can mentally develop normally, but their body will never grow older than a teenager.

Those with PKS can breed like normal Delta Velorum Foxes, but tend to only breed with other teens due to their small size.
#95AE77

---------------------

Just a reminder, this is a WILD species. On their planet there are no cities, towns, humans, cars, ect. Delta Velorum has never been inhabited by humans nor seen any of their technology before. DVFs though are a highly intelligent species and have learned how to make their own accessories.
Last edited by SnowStar on Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:32 pm, edited 31 times in total.
SnowStar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Delta Velorum Foxes - Clans

Postby SnowStar » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:59 am

Click any of the pictures below to go to their thread!

Adopting a DVF is rather simple, all you need to do is find one for adoption and fill out the form given. Adoptions range from simple basic contests, impress me contests, or anything in between. Prettying up a form is always welcomed unless said otherwise by the artist. A Delta Velorum Fox contest is rarely longer than a month.

All Delta Velorm Foxes start out as loners, unless born from two parents that live in the same clan. Once adopted they can choose to join a DVF Clan by filling out the forms given.

Please go to the DVF Clans and Information thread to learn more about clans and how to join one!
Last edited by SnowStar on Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:36 am, edited 19 times in total.
SnowStar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Delta Velorum Foxes

Postby SnowStar » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:03 am

Guest Artists Application:
CLOSED

Each Guest Artist will be a guest artist for one month. You can make up to 3 DVFs for adoption and one custom after you've made your 3. Guest Artists are not allowed to make any custom lines/edits for both adoptions and custom. Customs must be approved by me before it's posted.

If a guest artist does not make their 3 DVFs for adoption they will not be allowed to make their custom. A custom is a reward for hard work and the job well done. All Guest Artists are required to read all the rules given and follow them. Favoritism is not allowed in any contest, and pure black markings/colors are not allowed in design due to that color being the same as the lines.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Have you been a Guest Artist before?[/b]
[b]Examples of designs you've done in the past:[/b]
[b]Do you have drawing tablet and/or pen pressure?[/b] (not required but good to know)

[b]Will you follow all the DVF Artist Rules and normal rules given, and stay active within the DVF community?[/b]
[b]Do you promise to work hard?[/b]
Last edited by SnowStar on Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:42 am, edited 15 times in total.
SnowStar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Delta Velorum Foxes - No Posting Yet

Postby SnowStar » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:11 am

Posting is now open, marks and comments about the species is welcomed!
Rules and information is still being worked on. ^^'
So full of hate were our eyes
That none of us could see
Our war would yield countless dead
But never victory
So let us cast arms aside
And like discard our wrath
Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
Whilst we find the path

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Art block is hitting hard, sorry about not drawing much or being on lately.
SnowStar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Delta Velorum Foxes - Posting Open!

Postby мєℓσ∂ι¢ нαямσиу » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:30 am

These look amazing! <3 Watching so I can adopt ;u;
мєℓσ∂ι¢ нαямσиу

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SnowStar » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:46 pm

мєℓσ∂ι¢ нαямσиу wrote:These look amazing! <3 Watching so I can adopt ;u;

Thank you! Some adopts should be out soon, I'm just trying to get all the information and coding finished before they come out. c:
Last edited by SnowStar on Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
So full of hate were our eyes
That none of us could see
Our war would yield countless dead
But never victory
So let us cast arms aside
And like discard our wrath
Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
Whilst we find the path

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Art block is hitting hard, sorry about not drawing much or being on lately.
SnowStar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thunder. » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:04 pm

these look amazing, SnowStar c: can't wait to see some adopts!

marking to keep track of things uvu

hey, thunder. here ^^
I'm a not-so-good artist, an okay writer,
and a terrible organizer.
feel free to shoot me a pm!
pixel avatar by swiftalu <3
rest in peace, robin williams. deep condolences.
PlumiesEPPS Sand Cat AuctionCoding

Thunder.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby j. bourne » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:16 am

Very cute! Marking so I can adopt later! :3
j. bourne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wonderwolf1 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:37 pm

Get me a flight over to Delta Velorum so I can get some of these babies. They look amazing.
^w^
Image[/url]Image Image Image Image Image
^ Sprite by Sezzas

wonderwolf1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me