Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Long-tailed Fennex - Now open by Shenan_the_cat

Based on Click to view
Artist Shenan_the_cat [gallery]
Time spent 11 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
55 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Long-tailed Fennex - Now open

Postby Shenan_the_cat » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:01 am

What is a Long-tailed Fennex?

A Fennex is a rare subspecies of marsupial with long legs, ears and fluffy tails that are used to blanket themselves, normally found in warm but not hot climates inhabitting large, open plains. They come in varied natural colours, normally with some form of stripes on their bodies for camoflauge, and otherwise simple coat patterns.

Rules:

• Do not resell/trade/gift away your Fennex.
• Do not argue on this thread please, if anything here is wrong/you're unsure about anything, please pm me instead.
• Do not ask for customs [there will not be any]
• Do not whine/moan if you do not win
• Please do not ask to be part of the staff, there will be an artist competition soon.
• You cannot win more than two Fennex a day [if FCFS you may only adopt one a day]
• You can own a maximum of ten Fennex [including breedings/won customs]
• Each Fennex can only breed three times, so choose who you breed with carefully

Colouration wrote:Colouration + Coat patterns
While most Fennex have stripes of some kind, whether they be single lines running along their bodies, small dashes or ones that look like outlines, there are types of Fennex which do not; these are not subspecies of Fennex but are generally not as welcomed into the pack as they can be mistaken for other animals. These types of Fennex have speckles instead, resembling appoloosa horses, and while they are not rarer the spots gene is not often carried through into young unless both parents are speckled [1 in 4 chance] - for this reason it is often seen as a mutation.
Fennex with speckles are sometimes abanndonned by their mothers [unless mother is speckled also] and are easily mistaken by other Fennex to be rodents when young.
They are often harder to interact with, not used to being around other Fennex and can take on the traits of whatever other animal they live near when alone.

Habitat & Diet wrote:Fennex usually live in open plains areas.
They can also inhabit deserts, though they tend to be crepuscular, meaning they are awake primarily during dusk and dawn, when the temperature would be the mildest. They need plenty of room to run, and almost never inhabit forests because they find it difficult to travel through them.
If kept in large enclosures and exercised regularly, they can thrive in a domesticated environment.
Fennex are technically omnivorous, but it is rare to see one eat meat. They might eat very small mammals that they find during the winter months, when grasses or other plants are sparse. Most of the time, their diet is much the same as a horse or sheep: grasses, hay, berries, and sometimes bark off of trees.

Behavior wrote:Fennex like to live together in packs of 10-15.
This would be in an ideal situation. In an environment where food or space is limited, they will chase out younger males in order to make sure the youngest and females get enough food. These young males often go on to find a mate and start a pack of their own.
A pack usually has one dominant mated pair, but the female is in charge of the pack. There are no other "ranks" besides that, as they function much like a large family. Every Fennex in a pack might be related, or they might have come from other packs. Each pack is very unique.
Fennex can bond to humans fairly easily. They're more docile if their natural behavior is catered to; if one is taken from its pack and kept alone, it will grow aggressive and may lash out to escape and find its family. It is better to approach a small pack with food, and let all of them get attached to you. If you have the space to keep an entire pack, you should. It is many times better for a Fennex's moral to be near others of its kind.
One of the reason Fennex are so rare is their breeding habits. They will breed only three times in their lifetime. They are very intelligent, and they know that they will only be able to have three offspring, so they are extremely cautious when choosing a mate. Female fennex look for strength and speed in a male, and males will look for females that show quick reactions and intelligence. In this way, they seek to make the perfect offspring. Usually, a fennex will pick a lifelong mate when it is fairly young, but will still breed with other fennex, because this lifelong mate is more of an emotional attachment. Sometimes mates like this will never actually breed. If one of them is genetically "undesirable", for instance. Mated pairs will often forage and eat together, and will share a sleeping place. A mated fennex letting a fennex other than its own mate sleep in its bed is considered betrayal, and they will often fight until either the cheater or the cheated on is driven out of the pack.

Anatomy wrote:Fennex are related to kangaroos.
They share the same large, strong hind legs and very small front legs that function a lot more like arms. They can run on all fours but prefer to jump, because it is a very quick and efficient way of travel. Their very long ears divert heat from their body, useful especially for those living in desert or desert-like areas.
They are usually between 4 and 5 feet tall. They do not exhibit sexual dimorphism.

Guest Artists

Guest artist aplications are open

Guest artist rules:

• You may not make yourself a custom
• Please keep contests short [nothing lasting over a week]
• You may make any amount of Fennex to go for adoption, guest artists will be artists for a month starting from the day they were accepted then I will remove your name
• You must make at least one Fennex for adoption a week or I will remove your name before the month is up [unless you give a valid reason obviously :3]
• Any Fennex you make will be used as entries for the proper artist competition but if I really like your designs I may ask you to become a full time artist :3
• Please ensure you follow all colouration rules and such
• Please do not make any Speckled/stripe-less Fennex as these are rare

Please can you post this form to apply:

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Natural design examples:[/b]
[b]Do you own any Fennex?:[/b]
[b]Why should I hire you?:[/b]
[b]Are you active?:[/b]

Design above, lines, and species idea - Universal PhoneBooth
Art above by teresa8oats
Most Fennex information was written by Artyblonde
Last edited by Shenan_the_cat on Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:04 am, edited 6 times in total.
Shenan_the_cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Long-tailed Fennex

Postby Shenan_the_cat » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:44 am

Last edited by Shenan_the_cat on Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:41 am, edited 9 times in total.
Shenan_the_cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Long-tailed Fennex - Now open

Postby Shenan_the_cat » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:44 am

Breeding
Is open

Yes, after a long wait I'm opening for breedings, I've decided that babies will be done straight onto the adult lines because it is easier to keep track of them that way.

Breeding rules:

• Fennex can only breed a maximum of 3 times, choose your parnters carefully.
• Breedings count towards your 10 Fennex limit
• You must get permission to breed your Fennex to other people's Fennex
• You cannot request traits/gender etc. but you may request eye colour.
• Fennex with 1 speckled parent have a 1 in 4 chance of being Speckled [25%]
• Please fill out all information on the form
• You can keep your baby Fennex/put it up for adoption up until two weeks, if it is left longer than 2 weeks without you informing me what you're doing with it, I will keep the baby, exceptions being if you are unable to get online.
• Please do not pester me about when breedings will be done.

Breedng form:

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Baby eye colour:[/b]
[b]Owner of baby:[/b]

[b]Dam owner:[/b]
[b]Dam name:[/b]
[b]Dam ref:[/b]
[b]Previous young:[/b]

[b]Sire owner:[/b]
[b]Sire name:[/b]
[b]Sire ref:[/b]
[b]Previous young:[/b]

[b]Permission:[/b]

Breeding slots:

1. Open
2. Open
3. Open
Last edited by Shenan_the_cat on Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shenan_the_cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sundayrain26 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:36 am

Ohh, these are cute. Marking~
sundayrain26

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nimrod. » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:44 am

Aw I love these <3
Image Image
Image Image
nimrod.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shenan_the_cat » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:50 am

sundayrain26 wrote:
Ohh, these are cute. Marking~

New Nimrod97 wrote:Aw I love these <3

Thank you, you two <3
Homosexual • Image • Atheist
Writer • Photographer • Main character site
Shenan_the_cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ilhdc7 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:14 pm

How cutee! i want one in real life!
she/her & they/them >> hufflepuff >> call me ilah please >>chrysaora

ilhdc7

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby canis, » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:32 pm

Marking <3
╔══════════════════════════╗
wme herdkleeare herddragon harem
cape luna kennel
╚══════════════════════════╝
canis,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shenan_the_cat » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:55 pm

ilhdc7 wrote:How cutee! i want one in real life!

canis, wrote:Marking <3

eee thanks to the both of you :3
Homosexual • Image • Atheist
Writer • Photographer • Main character site
Shenan_the_cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Glass Doe » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:35 pm

maaaaark *u*
No matter who you are,
what you look like, or where you're from...
You deserve love & acceptance
just like anyone else!

-Michigan-
The Glass Doe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me