Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Spyre Specters V.2. [Closed for More Revamps] by Solarizing

Artist Solarizing [gallery]
Time spent 10 hours, 25 minutes
Drawing sessions 15
24 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Spyre Specters V.2. [Closed for More Revamps]

Postby Solarizing » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:32 am

[Roleplay] [V.1. (Outdated)] [Color In Your Spyres] [Artist Competition]

Affiliates:
ImageImageImage

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1729975][img]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/091/b/4/spyre_specter_stamp_animation_for_real_by_solardaemon-d603rsi.gif[/img][/url] [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1741936][Color In Your Spyres][/url]

Just as the sun tips off to let the night's brightest stars peek through the atmosphere, your housecat grows restless. She had been content in your lap only a moment ago, but suddenly she seems very intrigued... perhaps even nervous. You assume that a bird of some sort had snatched her attention, shrug, and allow the cat to slip outside the first floor window. Uncomfortable with the silence, you click on a TV show before heading to bed. You can feel your mind in a blank buzz in front of the screen, and soon you let yourself drift away into a lovely sleep.

Sleep is the last thing on the cat's mind, however.

As she rounds the corner of the street, her thoughts fizz with anticipation. As the sun fades from view, she can feel hunger tapping through her veins. The moment the last blaze of gold vanishes, bat wings erupt from her shoulders and glistening fangs and narrowed eyes mask her once soft and fluffy looks. Your once average housecat now has the ferocity of dragon, the agility of falcon, and supernatural powers gifted to her by the night. She only stays on the ground for half a second before exploding into the sky. Others mistake her for a demon, a ghost, a specter. Welcome to the world where day and night battle, where nature and the paranormal collide. This is the world of the cats of the spires, the Spyre Specters.

Common Names:
Spyre Specters, Spire Cats,

Scientific Name:
Felis nekros

Lifespan:
They are, in truth, spirits that take form as a cat. Therefore they can live forever, however in their domestic form they age like regular cats.

Diet:
In their domestic form they eat general feline prey (mice, birds, etc.) and in their spiritual form they often go after larger game such as deer, owls, etc.

Breeds:
Metaphysical (Known to contain traits based off of abstract thoughts or concepts, such as dreaming, memory, time, etc.)
Elemental (Known to contain traits based off of concrete elements such as fire, fauna, flora, water, etc.)

Habitat:
Most Spyre Specter reside in abandoned clocktowers or spires, though some have been known to live in thick forests or caves.

General Appearance:

Two main forms are known at the time;

DOMESTIC
~ All Spyre Specters take this form when exposed to a moderate to large amount of sunlight.
~ Has the same anatomy as a domestic cat.
~ Only natural colors and patterns can be found in their fur.
~ Eye colors, however, have been known to be unnatural.
~ Tend to have a similar mindset as a domesticated cat; can not summon their powers or communicate with others in this form.
~ Use general cat sounds and motions to get their message across. (Ex. purring when content, drawing back the ears when threatened, raising their tails up when confident, etc.)

SPIRITUAL
~ They are roughly the size of a cougar (about seven feet when standing upright).
~ Males have a wing structure identical to a bat's as well as a "sail" that connects the base of their tail to their back legs. (Again, like a bat's.)
~ Females have a wing structure similar to a dragon's, however, their wings are very thin and silky. Unlike males, they have forelegs with claws, and are generally better fighters than males. Males are stronger and heavier, though.
~ All males have some type of horn. All females lack this trait.
~ The tips of their tails have either feathers, furs, or spines.
~ Occasionally a Spyre Specter will experience a bone growth and will obtain sharp bones on parts of their bodies. This occurs through genetic mutations and is completely random, and all "bone concepts", as they are called, are unique. This is a positive mutation to have as it provides an added form of defense.
~ Females often have decorative feathers or bones. If they lack this trait, they find feathers and bones to use as jewelry.
~ The base fur color is always dark or desaturated.
~ Markings can be of any pattern or design but more times than not are bright and colorful. The greater the contrast between the base fur color and the markings, the more attractive the Spyre is.
~ Ear tufts are extremely common and more times than not a Spyre will have this trait.
~ Females tend to have bright eye markings.
~ Males tend to have bright chest markings.

Breeding:

Breeding usually occurs when Spire Cats are adolescents or adults. The mating process is usually done in a quiet place with a comfortable temperature and surroundings. The female is generally the dominant sex, and usually selects a mate based on large horns and bright color contrast. (These traits are not only very attractive, but suggest that the male is healthy and will have good genes to carry on to her kittens.) After the male impregnates the female, he will usually fly away to give the female space. If the male gets too arrogant or annoys the female, she may use her claws to fend him off, as females want to be very respected by a mate. Mating can also occur in the domestic stage, though this is generally avoided as it increases the chance of Sunsouling. A female Spire Cat can produce up to four kittens in a litter. A kitten may be born in three different ways...

True Kittens: These kittens are born as regular Spyre Specters and are generally in good health.

Sunsouls: These kittens are born as a regular domestic cat. This can occur through two ways; genetics or illness. If the mother has been in sunlight for too long when pregnant the Sunsouling may occur from an unfortunate sickness (Vitamin D has elements that trigger the shift from a spiritual form to a domestic form). This can also happen if one of the parents carry a recessive gene that lowers the Spyre Specter's immunity to sunlight. Sunsouls are frowned upon in groups of Spyre Specters, and may be killed or given up to humans. They are not considered to be true Spyre Specters, however, they can sometimes carry the Spyre Specter's DNA and give birth to Spyre Specters.

Halfsouls: Halfsouls are kittens that are born when a Sypre Specter breeds with a creature that is not a Spyre Specter. Halfsouls have risk of having unnatural domestic forms, becoming Sunsouled, or staying in a certain form for an unhealthy amount of time.

After one litter, the male and female Spyre Specter are unable to breed again. Mothers usually abandon kittens when they become adolescents, and fathers leave their offspring once they are old enough to speak. After mating, the male looses all romantic feelings for his mate and searches for a new one. Spyres who are in close relationships (parent-kitten, brother-sister, former mates, etc.) cannot breed but distant relatives (cousins, nieces/nephews, etc.) may.

*** METAPHYSICALS DO NOT BREED WITH ELEMENTALS ***

While this process is physically possible, it is a great taboo and it has been rumored that very strange things could occur... o3o

So, I take it you're becoming interested in Spyre Specters? =) If so, read below to find out how to adopt your own!
Last edited by Solarizing on Thu May 23, 2013 9:17 am, edited 12 times in total.
Solarizing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Spyre Specters - Rules and Staff Members

Postby Solarizing » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:32 am

<1> Follow all CS rules and guidelines.
<2> Do not use a Spyre Specter that is not your own, claim ownership of the species/designs, or create a Spyre Specter without permission.
<3> Please be polite and do not spam the thread.
<4> As of now, do not take any Spyre Specter related content off-site. (DeviantArt, CharaHub, and/or a personal/private website are exceptions to this rule.)
<5> As of now you may only own three Spyre Specters, so choose wisely when adopting! Staff members may own up to five.
<6> These rules can and will be changed at any time if needed.

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! ;D

Owner:
The owner is the head of the adoptable species and has the final say relating to decisions about the species.

SolarDaemon

Roleplay Owner:
The roleplay owner is in charge of managing and keeping the roleplay(s) active. He or she also controls the rules and regulations of the roleplay.

Pure Dragon

Archivist:
The archivist keeps track of every Spyre Specter adopted and organizes this information onto a public thread so that others can easily view adopted Spyres.

Glomp

Moderators:
The moderators enforce the thread rules as well as answering questions for newcomers. NOTE: Moderators can only enforce existing rules and cannot make up rules. If the conflict grows to the point where it breaks site rules, please contact one of Chicken Smoothie's moderators. (They have green usernames.)

LOCW_Bluestarwarrior
Shiverice

Artists:
The artists are responsible for designing Spyre Specters as well as making sure they get adopted out to a good owner. NOTE: Artists may only make one Spyre Specter each at a time! After that they must wait until the one is adopted out before making a new one. (This is to prevent a large amount of unadopted Spyre Specters.)

*** Each artist may make his or herself two customs! (If you already have a custom, it does not count against you! Remember the five-cat limit though.)

Bonus
Kitteh
LOCW_Bluestarwarrior
Pure Dragon
Shiverice
SolarDaemon

Guest Artists:
Guest artists are very similar to artists except they are not permanent. A guest artist's trial usually lasts for about one to two weeks before they are removed. A guest artist may make two Spyre Cats per trial and one customs overall. If I really like your designs, you may be asked to join as an artist!

Closed; none as of now.
Last edited by Solarizing on Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
Solarizing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Spyre Specters - Events and Affiliates

Postby Solarizing » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:33 am

We're accepting artists! Fill out the form for a chance to become part of the staff!

Username:

Examples of Designs:

What experience do you have? Have you managed/been an artist for any other adoptable species?:

Why do you want to become an artist for Spyre Specters?:

None! Feel free to post if you'd like to affiliate with us!
Last edited by Solarizing on Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Solarizing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: WIP: Spyre Specters [Grand Reopening!]

Postby Solarizing » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:34 am

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1729975][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8119/8618983040_e6c679146b_t.jpg[/img][/url]

Thank you, ImmyWimmy1!

None at the moment!
Last edited by Solarizing on Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Solarizing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solarizing » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:34 am

Ok posting's fine now :p
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
𝕊 𝕆 𝕃 𝔸
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Artist and writer.
Former Oekaki mod.
Still drawing cats.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Solarizing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LOCW_Bluestarwarrior » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:30 pm

WHEE, IT'S UP! 8D
------------
------------Call me Blue
------------adult // fan of a great
------------many things
------------ImageImageImage
------------
------------
------------ImageImage
------------Art credit - me
------------
LOCW_Bluestarwarrior

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby broker » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:25 pm

YESS

I love the cover. ;U; Now lemme see the lines. eue /shot dead
broker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pure Dragon » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:41 am

Yay yay yay *bounces up and down*
Pure Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Spyre Specters [Open and Accepting Artists!]

Postby Solarizing » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:55 am

It's up and running now! =D Artists, feel free to start designing!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
𝕊 𝕆 𝕃 𝔸
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Artist and writer.
Former Oekaki mod.
Still drawing cats.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Solarizing

My pets
My items
My wishlist