Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Initium Novum Adopts by TrueBluuue

Based on Click to view
Artist TrueBluuue [gallery]
Time spent 1 minute, 32 seconds
Drawing sessions 2
33 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Initium Novum Adopts

Postby TrueBluuue » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:49 am

You find yourself in an unfamiliar area, dazed, not knowing you have ended up on a completely different planet. It's cold and the wind blows your hair as it chills you to the bone. It appears to be night out, the stars and two moons suspended in the sky above you. Snow flies around on the howling wind and you squint as you see a large dark figure just ahead. What is it? It doesn't look to be another person...

I large creature, almost as big as yourself steps from the swirling snow, her gentle, glowing purple eyes fixated on you. "Welcome to Calypso, young traveler. I am Isa, guardian of this place. Come with me, it's too cold for you to stay out here any longer, you'll freeze." You nod slowly and follow at her shoulder, her tall frame blocking some of the bitter wind. She leads you to a large opening in the side of a towering mountain. It's a cavern and torches line the walls of the space, softly illuminating the area. You are surprised to see other creatures like Isa as well as other humans mingling and lounging around, safe and away from the cold. Stalagmites hang here and there, and a large, clear pool of water stands along the back wall, water trickling from a crack in the wall. There are several different chambers, a network of tunnels and spaces within the mountain. "Welcome to the Great Cavern. Here you may meet new companions or befriend another Initium Novum." She nudges your back with her muzzle, pushing you forward gently, "Go on little one, talk to the others. Do not be afraid."

Nervous, you look back at the gentle giant, her warm gaze looking own on you and nod before stepping forward. Here, you would meet a companion hopefully for life...

The species is created and run by:
TrueBluuue

Co-Owner
Pegasus;

Mods:
L e g e n d.

Artists:
Tabby Bae

Laxy

Bacon.

Maka.

Archivists:
Hedwig

-RULES-
•Credit me for the species and credit whoever the artist was for the design.
•You may NOT alter the lines or design in any way without permission from me.
•Be respectful here. If a mod tells you not to do something and you continue I will ban you from this thread and rehome your Initium Novums if it comes to that.
•Don't spam the thread.
•Do NOT sell/trade your Initium Novum(s). If you no longer want it, send it back to me and I will relist it for adoption.
•You may gift store items to other people. Make sure the gifter sends me permission to give it to recipient.
•Do not take or use the image of an Initium Novum that is not yours!
•There is no adoption limit right now. You can own as many as you can love and handle.
•No not whine if you do not win an IN.
• My staff and myself are human not machine. Most likely we will all be busy from time to time so judging and customs might take some time. Be patient. Bumping a thread is fine, but any rude posts will result in a strike/penalties/ban.

Overall just follow the rules regarding the art, be kind, courteous, and you will be fine. (:

||Strikes||

1 strike: Unable to participate in contests. If a rule is broken while trying to adopt an IN you will be disqualified.

2 strikes: Unable to do the above. You will not be able to Adopt/order a custom IN for a while.

3 strikes: You are unable to post here, enter in contests, adopt, or order any INs. Failing to abide by these terms you will be reported.

Current strikes:
None

The Initium Novum (Pronounced In-it-ee-um Nah-voom--Meaning "New beginning" in Latin.) is a large almost wolf/dragon like creature. They are found on the hidden planet of Calypso, light years away from the planet Earth. Calpso is slightly smaller that Earth and most of the planet is cool, snowy though there are warm and grassy areas as well for the sun loving Initium Novums. The species is usually found in the mountainous or highland regions of Calypso where the cooler weather is most comfortable for them though very few have been found in grassland areas. Those that live in the grasslands are said to have slightly shorter tails and thinner fur for the warmer climate. They have a somewhat thin body build, a muscular front, and soft, fluffy fur to keep them warm. Their long tail is used for balance on slopes and in some cases serves as a scarf to protect against the wind. Long legs help with climbing, running, and walking through deep snow and the dragon like back feet and long claws help with climbing and gripping onto surfaces. The larger ears help pick up faint sounds. They have a somewhat wide nasal cavity that warms cold air as it's inhaled, making it easier to breathe in cold weather. It is unknown why, but all have a bright, striped tongue. (Note, the tongue in not long, it's sticking out to show the color) They can see extremely well in darkness and the front claws are retractable, the back ones, however, are not.

The Initium Novums are omnivores. They mainly feed on smaller animals such as rabbits and birds, but have also been known to take down larger animals like deer when they come along. They eat a variety of plants and have been known to love to eat berries and other fruits. They have sharp teeth to tear through meat but also have flat molars toward the back of their mouths for grinding down other foods.

There is a wide variety of coat colors and markings as well as unusual, bright eye colors. Males are usually larger and more muscular than the females and tend to have slightly duller colors. Either gender's weight ranges from 100 to 180+ and are slightly taller than the humans, though there have been a few ones that are smaller and stand at a human's shoulder. Height ranges from 6-8ft, sometimes smaller, length of the body can be 5-7 and the tail is usually around 6 or 7ft.

Initium Novums can have up to 4 children per birth and mating for life is more rare than what it used to be. The babies do not reach adult age until 3 human years have passed but there have been a few born with a rare syndrome, keeping them children for their whole life. They can live to be hundreds of years old and often outlive their human companions.

Navigation
Archives
Roleplay-Coming Soon
Fan Club
Store/Customs/Breeding
Stamps/Banners/Fan Art/More
Contests!
FAQ
Affiliates!

Species(c) TrueBluuue
Lines(c)OddlyShaded
Last edited by TrueBluuue on Mon May 06, 2013 6:21 am, edited 7 times in total.
TumblrWeasylDeviantartMy FursonaMy ArtshopMy Bestie <3Transformers RolePlay Site
Image by Me and Avatar by Yukiin on DA.
If you're looking for love, Know that love don't live here anymore. He left with my heart. They both walked through that door, without me. If you're trying to find pity well, you need to look somewhere else, 'Cause I surely can't help you, I'm hurting myself. I've turned into someone else...
TrueBluuue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Fanart, Stamps, and More!

Postby TrueBluuue » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:29 am

Here you can find stamps, banners, fan clubs, armies, and fan art!

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1717544][img]http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii537/Hazard7770/Stamp_zps14ee3c01.png[/img][/url]

Feel free to make something and notify me!
Last edited by TrueBluuue on Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TumblrWeasylDeviantartMy FursonaMy ArtshopMy Bestie <3Transformers RolePlay Site
If you're looking for love, Know that love don't live here anymore. He left with my heart. They both walked through that door, without me. If you're trying to find pity well, you need to look somewhere else, 'Cause I surely can't help you, I'm hurting myself. I've turned into someone else...
TrueBluuue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Contests!

Postby TrueBluuue » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:31 am

Here is we're we will post different kinds of contests! We will hold art contests to become an artist here, name that Initium Novum, writing contests, and so on. We will also give away Initium Novos, store items (custom positions, wildcards, accessory requests, aging potions and so on) as well as the change to gain a rare mutation to add to an offspring or a new adopt you win. Several contests may run at a time and will happen frequently so continue to check this!

Contest #1. Write a story of how you ended up on Calypso, what you saw, and who you met. (You may use any of my INs. Check the archives for others.) OR draw a picture of an Initium Novum. It can be plain, a per-existing one, or you can come up with a little design of your own if you want. Two winners will be chosen with a runner up each. 1st place prize will be a Custom IN. I can do it for you, or you can wait until we get Oekaki lines to do it yourself. Runner ups will receive an IN each from the first litter born once we get baby lines or they can choose a design up for adoption to have for them-self. Ends TODAY! 3/27/13
Username;;
Contest entry;;
Other;;
Last edited by TrueBluuue on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
TrueBluuue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

FAQ

Postby TrueBluuue » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:32 am

Q: How many Initium Novums can I own?
A: You may own as many as you want! All we ask is that you don't have so many that all they're doing is collecting dust. We want them to be loved and adored.

Q: If I no longer want mine, can I trade or sell it? If not, what can I do with it?
A: No! You may not sell or trade away you Initium Novum(s) as stated in the rules. If you no longer want one of yours I feel you have to many you are to send them back to TrueBluue so she can re-home them.

Q: Can I breed my Initium Novum?
A: Yes, you may, but you need to buy a token first from the shop and post the forum that's there. True or one of the artists will get to it.

Q: Can I make a custom?
A: Yes, but you need to get a token and True's permission.
TrueBluuue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Store and Breeding

Postby TrueBluuue » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:34 am

CUSTOMER INVENTORY

STORE IS OPEN

Gold Heart Necklace

This item costs two VRs and allows you to add up to four items and make one line art edit.

Silver Heart Necklace

Costs two rares and allows you to add two items.

Purple Crystal
Costs one 2009-2008 Uncommon and allows you to change the eye color of your IN.

Blue Crystal

Costs 5 Rares or three VRs. Ensures you a littler of four INs.

Gold Custom Coin

Five VR. Allows you to make your own "Rare" IN with items, hair edits, and mutations.

Silver Custom Coin

Costs 6 rares. Allows you to make your own IN. No items or line art edits included.

Breeding
Is currently CLOSED.

The owners of the parents each get to keep one offspring, the others will be adopted out.

**Make sure you own the INs or have PERMISSION from the other owner.
Username:
Links to Parents:
Owners:
Are you using a Blue Crystal?: (yes or no. Must have one in inventory.)
Other:
Last edited by TrueBluuue on Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
TrueBluuue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Affiliates

Postby TrueBluuue » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:35 am

Want to advertise your thread here? PM me to become one of our affiliates! Your stamp or link will be posted in this section.

Image Image
Badger Deer Adopts
Last edited by TrueBluuue on Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
TrueBluuue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff Positions

Postby TrueBluuue » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:37 am

I'm now looking for two moderators to help me run this thread and the adopt pages. (: Your tasks will be to help with any questions, problems, give out strikes, and help re-enforce rules. In exchange for your help you will be able to make a custom here and there or get items from the IN store.

I'm looking for someone who will be online to check the threads every so often, someone who is mature and will handle situations and disputes properly and efficiently. I ask you stay kind, yet firm when handing different things. (:

To try out for this position please fill out the following:

[center][b]I am applying to be a moderator.[/b]

Username:
How often are you online?:
Will you be willing to check this thread often & handle different things?:
Any former experience?:
Why do you want this position?:
Other:[/center]

Thanks!
Last edited by TrueBluuue on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TrueBluuue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Initium Novum Adopts

Postby anomaly. » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:44 am

Hey true! Love to make one. Could i be an artist? I wont be very active though.
anomaly.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ƀeean » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:47 am

These are beautiful. If you ever have an artist comp/forms, I will surely try out ouo
Ƀeean

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vulpine-Poltergeist » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:52 am

;u; I love these!
Image Image Image Image Image Image
We're a system, but most of us are just here for the pets!
Vulpine-Poltergeist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me