Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Irregular Flutter Ferrets! by Gelliebeen

Artist Gelliebeen [gallery]
Time spent 12 hours, 2 minutes
Drawing sessions 32
109 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Irregular Flutter Ferrets!

Postby Gelliebeen » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:57 am

IFF's are back! Read the 2nd post for more info!

~≈º What is an Irregular Flutter Ferret? º≈~
Flutter ferrets in general are very small. The largest specimens are usually around 12" long. Irregular Flutter Ferrets have the additional designation of being very lithe and slender. Their movement through the air has been described as serpentine, with the body rippling from side to side. They have two sets of diaphanous wings that work in tandem: one set at the shoulders and the other set at the pelvis. In addition, IFFs have tufts of diaphanous "feathers" in strategic places on their bodies to add to surface area and assist in flight. Since they are small and relatively unthreatening, Flutter Ferrets tend to be prey for larger creatures.

~≈º Broods º≈~
Irregular Flutter Ferrets are social creatures. They live in family clans called Broods, which can number up to 1000 individuals and are differentiated by their main color. Their coloring can mean any number of things depending on the defenses the Brood has gained over the generations, be they poison or venom, magical abilities, or physical attributes. Broods of Flutter Ferrets are named after the region they live in, which correspond to the points of a compass if looked sideways on from the poles (Their planet is different than ours, with the poles on the sides and a vertical rotation rather than a horizontal one). Orange IFFs can be found in the Western Brood in the Western territory for instance. Some Irregular Flutter Ferrets contain many colors, but so long as they contain a large amount of a Brood's color, they are often welcomed.

Brood Wars
Broods are territorial, and will fight with other groups in contested territory. IFFs outright dislike other Ferrets from opposing regions.
Northern Brood vs. Southern Brood
Northeast Brood vs. Southwest Brood
Eastern Brood vs. Western Brood
Southeast Brood vs. Northwest Brood

Map of Brood Territories

~≈º Staff º≈~
Creator:
Gelliebeen
Artists:

Mods:

~≈º Contents º≈~
  1. What is an Irregular Flutter Ferret?
  2. Broods
  3. Staff
  4. Rules
  5. How to Adopt
  6. Customs
  7. Roleplay
  8. Stamps and Banners
  9. Affiliates
  10. Gift Lines

~≈º Rules º≈~
  • Be respectful to everyone.
  • No begging, or spamming.
  • Do not steal any art or designs.
  • Do not use someone else's adopted ferret without their permission.
  • Do not complain if you don't get exactly what you want.
  • Do not remove my signature from the lineart.
  • Be sure to read the rules for adopting.
  • You may own 8 Irregular Flutter Ferrets at a time, not counting Customs or Hatchlings from your own breeding pair. If you do not want one of your ferrets anymore, please PM me or another Artist so that we may adopt it out again.
  • Have fun!

~≈º How to Adopt º≈~
  • Click one that's available and read the instructions from the artist. Fill out any applications.
  • You may enter into multiple contests for different Flutter Ferrets, so long as you keep the above rule in mind.
  • Keep in mind that some Flutter Ferrets are not Free. It is up to the individual artist to decide if they want to charge for their work. However, it is encouraged for Artists to design some Free IFFs as well.

~≈º Roleplaying º≈~
If you would like to Roleplay your ferret, you're welcome to do so. If you start up a new one, please let me know so I can add it to the list!

~≈º Show your Love! º≈~
Put one of our buttons in your signature!
Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1367848][IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g148/Gelliebeen/Adoptables/iffbanner.png[/IMG][/url]

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1367848][IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g148/Gelliebeen/Artwork/iffstamp.png[/IMG][/url]

~≈º Affiliates º≈~
Make sure you check out these guys too!
ImageImage ImageImageImage

~≈º Gift Lines º≈~
Free Editable lines for you to color on your own if you own a Flutter Ferret

Lines by LOCW_Bluestarwarrior[/center]
Lines by Gelliebeen
Last edited by Gelliebeen on Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:03 am, edited 123 times in total.
Gelliebeen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Availability and Archive

Postby Gelliebeen » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:47 am

~≈ºNEWS!º≈~
IFFs are back folks! I'm revamping them a little to make it easier to manage. For now, no customs and I need to figure out how to make breeding more manageable - perhaps I just have to do it myself. If you're still owed a ferret from last year before I disappeared off the face of the planet for a while, PM me and we'll figure something out.
So, what I need now are new staffers, particularly artists!

I'm looking for one or two extra artists to help me manage. You'll start off as a guest artist, and if I like your work I'll invite you to be a perma-artist. Every artist gets one custom for themselves.
Just use this form to apply:
[b][color=#BF0040]I want to be an artist![/color][/b]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Gallery link:[/b]
[b]Have you colored adopts before (if so, which ones?):[/b]

I'm also looking for someone who can reliably manage the archive, so if you're interested in that, use this form:
[color=#0080BF][b]I love archives![/b][/color]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Have you ever done an archive before? (If so, for what adopt?)[/b]

~≈ºAvailable Irregular Flutter Ferretsº≈~

~≈ºEventsº≈~
Last edited by Gelliebeen on Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:04 am, edited 64 times in total.
Gelliebeen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Irregular Furo-anisopter: WIP and Interest

Postby Zaroque » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:46 am

The lines look wonderful so far. ~

1. Would you guys be willing to trade pets for one (or more) of these? What should the price range be?

That entirely depends on the finished product, but from what I can see I would certainly trade in atleast a rare, otherwise you might lose a lot of potential customers if you charge more.

2. I'm new to CS, and thus to the way adoptables are run here. Should I have multiple artists who give me some sort of cut of their profits somehow?

Normally organizations don't cut their artists profits, if a customer has chosen that artist to draw for them, they get the pet. And yes, you should certainly hire more than one artist and perhaps a co-founder if you are new to this kind of theeng. ~ You should also get your artists via an art competition, once your line-art is done, the best colourers could gain the position of becoming an artist.

3. Definately I want to have contests and games to give some of these guys away. What sorts do you guys like?

Colouring contests and line-art contests are often the big ones, along with naming contests, which would get more people involved.

4. Which do you prefer, customs or premades?

I don't mind, normally you are given the option of customs and a special, which you probably would have to pay more in order to have it.
5. I'm toying with the idea of family clans and species habits etc. Do you guys prefer to have these sorts of details set out, or would you rather think up your own story for your adoptable?

Having a story for your own adoptable is always extremely entertaining, especially if you open up your own pound. Stories galore. xD Also, having a main breeding pair is good, and their offspring could become the possibly less-expensive ones for newer CS members.
If you believe in the 'Big Bad Wolf' and you think it's true Wolves are evil, read this and find out the truth:

http://dclwolf.homestead.com/truewolves.html

|dA|FH|DC|A|

Zaroque

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Irregular Flutter Ferret Adoptable

Postby Gelliebeen » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:20 pm

Alrighty! The adoptable is finished! Now for the write-up. If you guys have any suggestions for me while I do this, please feel free to post them!
Gelliebeen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Irregular Flutter Ferret Adoptable - Not yet open

Postby LOCW_Bluestarwarrior » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:50 pm

OMS these are stunning. :shock: I want one soo bad!!!

Username:LOCW_Bluestarwarrior
Gallery: http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/oekaki/gallery.php?user=126822
Why I want to be a Guest Artist: As I said above, these are truely unique, and I just love them.
Have you read the rules regarding Guest Artists?: Yep! Two weeks, no consecutive tryouts, got it! ;)
Pinapple!!!

Can't wait to see if I get in!
------------
------------Call me Blue
------------adult // fan of a great
------------many things
------------ImageImageImage
------------
------------
------------ImageImage
------------Art credit - me
------------
LOCW_Bluestarwarrior

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Irregular Flutter Ferret Adoptable GRAND OPENING!

Postby Gelliebeen » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:46 pm

Thankez ;] The Adoption Center is now open! I'm adding a bunch of new Free Ferrets as an opening giveaway! Just Click on the ones you want and follow the directions.
Gelliebeen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LOCW_Bluestarwarrior » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:29 am

Okay! When will you pick guest artists?
------------
------------Call me Blue
------------adult // fan of a great
------------many things
------------ImageImageImage
------------
------------
------------ImageImage
------------Art credit - me
------------
LOCW_Bluestarwarrior

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swurk » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:02 am

So cute! >-< must have one!

Custom
Username: Blue Fox
Artist I want:Gelliebeen
Name of Ferret: Swirl
Gender of Ferret: Female
Reference/Description:Shes pure white with ice blue swirls and one leading from and to around her eye. Also with one wraping around her ear.
Ref: viewtopic.php?t=1253813 (blue one) If this ones not clear enough shes all over my gallery xD.

Payment: Is this alright? If I did something wrong please let me know. ^~^
Swurk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gelliebeen » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:14 am

Once I get a few entries in I'll pick guest artists ;] It might be a couple days.
Gelliebeen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby plahnt » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:24 am

Username: snugglepuff
Gallery: um... how about my DA? I mean, you could look in my gallery but don't get your hopes up...
Why I want to be a Guest Artist: I really like these pets ^^ a lot, I would be honoured to be able to create some, and their very creative.
Have you read the rules regarding Guest Artists?: pineapple
--------------------------------
actual trash
-------------------------------
plahnt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me