The Hyperfixtations Thread

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: The Hyperfixtations Thread

Postby bluepotato1 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:04 pm

Dragons! I know an excessive amount about different types of dragons n stuff lol
Please trade with me!
bluepotato1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SmolDrago » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:07 pm

I am currently obsessed with aquariums and everything about fish and aquatic life. Ask me literally anything about a fish tank, i've got answers. (please, ask me. i want to infodump xD i give good advice!!) I'm honestly kinda dreading the day i might fall out of this one bc i've sunk probably like 1000$ dollars into it lol- and also living creatures are kinda dependent on me-
Last edited by SmolDrago on Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SmolDrago

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunflowerAspen » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:08 pm

*crawls out of the woodwork*

Wajas. That is all.
~Nyxxie~

~They/Them - Adult User - Horror/Pastel Aesthetics~

SunflowerAspen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eyesemote » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:09 pm

I had no idea this thread existed this is awesome, the last hyper fixation I had was Inscryption so it's nice to see another fan! The first time I booted the game, I played a solid eight hours and didn't even realize it. Leshy's phase is definitely my favorite and I'm excited when Kaycee's mod comes to the epic games version. If it doesn't, I'll buy the game again on steam, it's just that good! It's weird because I'm not particularly a big card fan, I like slap jack and go fish but that's about it! The game has fantastic mechanics and every run is a learning experience. The game takes skill instead of random luck so no death feels like the game is cheating (until it does, wink wink ;3). Definitely recommend. The closest I've had to a new HF is maybe Risk of rain 2 but it's definitely not as strong, I've already beaten the game and am now just exploring with a friend.
just here for cleaning
eyesemote

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CO1LD » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:10 pm

Walmart salads that are like 3 dollars + the already peeled boiled eggs. Take a egg, cut it up, mix it in the salad- maybe cut up some extra ham- and bam-

been my only source of meals for like a month now. Im surprised because i was a hardcore carnivore my whole life but these salads.. idk- it must be the juicy crunch of the lettuce doing it for me.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
COLD; ImageImage
on 'n off with CS during the months but
practically glued when there's event pets

©
ImageImageImage

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CO1LD

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LinxOpossum » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:10 pm

literally anything with opossums or cows moths too but mainly cows and opossums :3 if anyone wants to talk about cool animals plz do :3333

feel free to pm me if you wanna just chat, I'm down <3
ART SHOP- Toyhouse

Image(art by me)
LinxOpossum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tenyangz » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:18 pm

oh i love this thread sm !! my biggest hypfix rn and one i've had for months is the dream smp and (certain) creators ^-^ currently very fixated on tubbo and quackity !! i could talk about dsmp lore literally all day omg

i've also recently been fixated on chicken smoothie ! i think it's starting to fade out more into a Normal Interest again, but oh wow was i fixated on it a few weeks ago, i spent hours of my day on here ;;;

and i have a lifelong special interest in cats :] i was basically raised with outdoor cats, i can't remember a time when we didn't have at least one, and they've always been my favorite animal (to an extreme extent lmao). i absolutely adore cats so so much and half the things i own have cats on them or are cat shaped etc. right now we have 3 indoor cats and are fostering a tiny baby kitten, and i !!!! love them so much ;3;
x
xxxxxxx
🌿🌿🌿
violet | he/it | adult
enjoyer of cats, ranboolive, wayv,
waterparks, minecraft, and books
listo | trade thread | my angels
🌿🌿🌿

tenyangz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Serial designation N » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:25 pm

Fixated on Frankenstein(the book and other versions of the classic tale), it’s a returning hyperfixation and came out of the blue disrupting my other hyperfixation. Any time I hyperfixate, I start to feel uncomfortable with my current profile layout since it’s not related to what I’m actually thinking about on the daily, anyone else feel this way about their hyperfixations?

Would also like to mention that obsession is not the same as hyperfixation which I see a lot on this thread, I believe the first post mentioned this as well.
Very inactive player, I only log in to adopt pets
Serial designation N

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jarvis » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:43 pm

pawsmos wrote:
      ALSO i've been obsessed with fnaf again. every once in awhile i just go full fnaf phase and... god i love funtime foxy. i have never loved and related to a character that barely has a lore before. almost everything i think about him is just stuff i kinda. made up LOL. he is non-binary and used he/they/she pronouns because i do and i said so. same with mangle. mangle is non-binary and used she/they/he. nightmare mangle is he/they and phantom mangle is they/them. god i just love them so much. gender envy man. i wish i could wear pink and be girly and just rock it with a deep voice like funtime foxy. god i love him so so much.

i also have so much funtime foxy merch. i have just about every figurine and my girlfriend is trying to get me the last few plushies i'm missing. i'm so happy i have someone who supports my rapidly changing interests and listens to me just ramble nonsense for hours on end like i am doing right now even if it doesn't make sense.

aaaah i love fnaf!!!!! security breach had so many issues but at its core is SUCH a good game!! glamrock freddy is everythinggggg he's so pure and good and i def believe he's got michael afton's soul. i adore the (ridiculous and inconsistent) lore of the fnaf series and i love the games and stories it has inspired (like the walten files series!)

i'm currently pretty hyperfixated on avatar: the last airbender and the legend of korra. it's just an elite story and i'm super in love with all the characters, but especially bolin, korra and zuko! i got to meet the voice actors of korra and zuko at comic con and it was unbelievable. i have an animation degree and it would be such a dream to work for avatar studios someday!

bo burnham is another fixation of mine-- he's just so funny and smart and cute! ugh i watch/listen his specials all the time and i've memorized almost all of them from start to finish.

my consistent special interests are disney and stuffed animals!

✦ jarvis/chess ✦
✦ lover of flowers ✦
✦ neurodivergent ✦
✦ vis dev artist ✦
✦ believer in fairies ✦

Image Image

current hyperfixations:
fnaf, horror games in general
jarvis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cady55again » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:46 pm

Oooh a thread I can overtalk in!!!

For some reason my friend got me hooked onto the parappa the Rapper franchise, they had played the second game with their sister and told me everything ab it, even drew TONS of amazing art for it! Eventually they asked me to watch the show with them, and ever sense then I've been HOOKED!! I made hundreds of headcanons and art, introduced more of my friends and people here to it, and even made my sig and avatar match with scenes of the antagonists from the anime! The link to the entire archived show is in my sig if you're interested ^^
▶◊Cady55again◊◀

Cady55again

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me