* Pet Bird Chat * NEW

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What is your favorite fruit/veggie to feed your birds?

quinoa
7%
cucumber
12%
strawberry
20%
carrot
12%
jalapeno
6%
sweet peppers
5%
corn
9%
grapes
13%
rice
8%
sprouts
8%

Total votes : 826

Re: * Pet Bird Chat * NEW

Postby Lupen » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:00 am

corvus corax wrote:your setup is really cool! the play stand looks like fun. i think that lark is going to love it! also, did you do the taxidermy yourself?

Sorry for the super late reply. Thank you! And I didn't do the fox myself though I have done a coyote in the past... mostly just a skull collector nowadays. :P

ALSO, quarantine ended for Lark yesterday after her vet visit (which went super well) so it was time for them to meet. Zephyr doesn't seem to care much, while Lark wants to follow him around everywhere. Hopefully he'll show her how to be a bird, lol. Poor girl is so clumsy due to her heavy wing clip. :(

wendigo 愛 wrote:
i've heard rejecting your bird if they see you as a mate can cause depression. my conure sees me as his mate but i kindly distract him whenever he gets overly friendly with a treat or a toy. just be very careful and when rejecting them! ♡

Not rejecting your bird can instead lead to sexual aggression and raging hormones .. My conures tried to get it on with my hand but I just set him down nearby and ignore him and he forgets pretty quickly. I know some give their birds soft toys to... keep them busy in their cage. But I haven't had it that bad to go that route.
ImageImage

✨ Everything I have on CS is for sale for Flightrising! Desperately looking for the familiars above. ✨
Pet trades accepted as well.

Lupen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bunnyguts » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:27 am

Not rejecting your bird can instead lead to sexual aggression and raging hormones .. My conures tried to get it on with my hand but I just set him down nearby and ignore him and he forgets pretty quickly. I know some give their birds soft toys to... keep them busy in their cage. But I haven't had it that bad to go that route.

i never said to not reject them. i said to do it gently and carefully. all birds are different.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
.•° ✿ °•.

buns ☆ tired adult ☆
cat mom of 2 & aspiring artist
trade me!! <3

°•. ✿ .•°
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

art: hulahoopLAL
character belongs to me.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
bunnyguts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corvus corax » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:24 pm

wendigo 愛 wrote:
i've heard rejecting your bird if they see you as a mate can cause depression. my conure sees me as his mate but i kindly distract him whenever he gets overly friendly with a treat or a toy. just be very careful and when rejecting them! ♡

yes!!! very important. if you yell/etc they could get very upset (
you shouldn't let it continue, but be kind
Last edited by corvus corax on Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
i don't bite (unlike half the animals i work with lmao)
bird chat | weird pet stuff | trades | pet site | credit
|
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
corvus corax

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kaizoku » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:50 pm

@Lupen - you have some beautiful babies! Is that a white quaker or a totally different bird altogether and I'm just blind? :')

I'm looking for a little advice about my budgie. She really loves fruit/vegetables, never had any problems with feeding her any (except for all red fruits....), however lately she seems to be getting bored with whatever I give her. She eats it for a little while, but then just starts to rip them to shreds without eating any of it. Could she just not be hungry by that point or is it something else? Usually I'm giving her things such as banana, grape, apple, carrot, spinach etc. She will eat all of the spinach, just not the others.

nix ♡ he/him
gaming + anime
medical scientist
need help?
newbie guide & index
Kaizoku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lupen » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:20 pm

Kaizoku wrote:
@Lupen - you have some beautiful babies! Is that a white quaker or a totally different bird altogether and I'm just blind? :')

She is a quaker yes. ^^
ImageImage

✨ Everything I have on CS is for sale for Flightrising! Desperately looking for the familiars above. ✨
Pet trades accepted as well.

Lupen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eyulf » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:03 am

Hi all,

I posted a page back that I was laying in bed due to a tooth ache, and how my budgies were well behaved by not coming near me in case I rolled or moved, that was Friday the 11th.... By Sunday morning (13th) the left side of my face and swollen greatly and I couldn't eat or keep anything down so I was rushed to Emergency and kept overnight. I had a severe infection from a couple of abscess'.
It's the first time my birds were without me for 48 hours, my Mom put them to bed and got them up. They were quite frightened by my swollen face, and once I got home, I was in great pain (solved with pain relief). It's a week and a half later and I'm back to normal.

Both of them seemed to get a little off, runny/watery poop, and sit fluffed up. They seem themselves today, I was able to talk "Bo talk" to Bo, and both are flying around and getting on top of the high places again.
My swelling is gone, I'm guessing any medications out of my system, as they're acting as usual towards me.
Could they have been stressed sensing and smelling I was unwell? As mentioned they were a bit frightened of my swollen face, could they have smelt the medications on me, and sensed the infection?

I'm curious as I tried looking it up, if our pet birds know we're unwell but didn't find much.
My Birthday 7th May

Eyulf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Monarch's Reign » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:11 am

Username: Monarch's Reign, call me Rei! ^-^
How many birds do you own? ( if applicable ): One evil little Nanday Conure called Freddie Kruger or Angry Bird(Birb)
How long have you had them?: A little less than a year, his Gotcha Day was in March somewhere~
What brings you to the bird chat?: Thank goodness this popped up on the recents else I might not have even thought to look! Some taming advice would be adored for this vicious little beast ^-^ (I joke, we love his adorable anger - which might be accidentally be counteractive to our goals, but hindsight)
Monarch's Reign

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corvus corax » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:14 am

Eyulf wrote:Hi all,

I posted a page back that I was laying in bed due to a tooth ache, and how my budgies were well behaved by not coming near me in case I rolled or moved, that was Friday the 11th.... By Sunday morning (13th) the left side of my face and swollen greatly and I couldn't eat or keep anything down so I was rushed to Emergency and kept overnight. I had a severe infection from a couple of abscess'.
It's the first time my birds were without me for 48 hours, my Mom put them to bed and got them up. They were quite frightened by my swollen face, and once I got home, I was in great pain (solved with pain relief). It's a week and a half later and I'm back to normal.

Both of them seemed to get a little off, runny/watery poop, and sit fluffed up. They seem themselves today, I was able to talk "Bo talk" to Bo, and both are flying around and getting on top of the high places again.
My swelling is gone, I'm guessing any medications out of my system, as they're acting as usual towards me.
Could they have been stressed sensing and smelling I was unwell? As mentioned they were a bit frightened of my swollen face, could they have smelt the medications on me, and sensed the infection?

I'm curious as I tried looking it up, if our pet birds know we're unwell but didn't find much.

i don't know if it's smell, but a lot of pets can sense when their family is sick. cats and birds seem to be the best at it, and i've never had a dog but i've heard they're pretty good at it too. if you were doing poorly, then your birds absolutely could have sensed it and gotten stressed out. glad to hear you and the birbs are doing better, though! )
Last edited by corvus corax on Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
|
corvus corax

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corvus corax » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:20 am

Monarch's Reign wrote:Username: Monarch's Reign, call me Rei! ^-^
How many birds do you own? ( if applicable ): One evil little Nanday Conure called Freddie Kruger or Angry Bird(Birb)
How long have you had them?: A little less than a year, his Gotcha Day was in March somewhere~
What brings you to the bird chat?: Thank goodness this popped up on the recents else I might not have even thought to look! Some taming advice would be adored for this vicious little beast ^-^ (I joke, we love his adorable anger - which might be accidentally be counteractive to our goals, but hindsight)

nandays are so cool! i had one a while back and it was very talkative. he liked to sleep on his back with his feet straight up, which is kinda weird. nandays are very vocal, curious, and outgoing birds. they're a lot of work! i'm not really looking for any more birds at the moment (or any moment in the near future, zamir can live fifty years in captivity) but if i got one it'd probably be a nanday conure. they're definitely a handful!
|
corvus corax

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me