The Cavy(Guinea Pig) Lovers Club

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: The Cavy(Guinea Pig) Lovers Club

Postby Horse'scanter5860 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:53 pm

My piggies are doing great, Anna is now officially bigger than Millie. (Millie was larger than Anna for a very long time) they did have lice a couple months ago, but we were able to get rid of it within just a month and a half! I have some sad news thou, my Anna is going blind :cry:

I have a picture down below. I noticed her eye looked odd one day and held her up to the light and saw this. So much has been explained now, I was wondering why in the world she still so skittish. It's been almost a year since we got her and Millie is completely tame and loves to be pet and loved on. Now I know to be especially quiet for her and gentle!
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (52.3 KiB) Viewed 102 times
I am a Christian and will never say that I am not. I am very fond of guinea pigs, dragons, and dogs!
He who testifies about these things says, "Yes and I am coming quickly" Revelation 22:20

If you want to talk about anything, feel free to PM me! I'd love to pray for you if you have something tough going on. I'd love to answer any questions you may have on Jesus (Just being honest, I don't know ALL the answers!)
Horse'scanter5860

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NovaPolitan » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:58 pm

My piggies may seem to have mites- aah!! I need to get them treated very soon. ;; They have dandruff flakes on their fur, and it may be a result of mites, or dry skin. They don't seem to be too bothered at the moment, so if they did have mites, now would probably be a better time to treat them. Anyone have similar experiences?

x 『 she/her 』x 『 autistic 』x
NovaPolitan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raptocidic » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:52 pm

Haven't been here in a while-

One of our Boars, Joe died the other day. :cry: Toffie's left alone now, and appears to be rather bored without his younger brother. We would try to introduce another little boy to him, but we're afraid to do so, due to Toffie's unfriendly personality. Anything else we could do instead?
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arcticwolf » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:30 am

NovaPolitan wrote:My piggies may seem to have mites- aah!! I need to get them treated very soon. ;; They have dandruff flakes on their fur, and it may be a result of mites, or dry skin. They don't seem to be too bothered at the moment, so if they did have mites, now would probably be a better time to treat them. Anyone have similar experiences?

They could just have dry skin as a result of weather changes. If their skin is really dry and flaky, a very tiny amount of coconut oil rubbed into their skin may help.

Are they scratching themselves? Pigs that have mites usually scratch constantly. If you suspect they have mites, it wouldn't hurt to treat them even if they don't have them. Since we can't give medical advice on CS, all I can say is that Guinea Lynx has information on treating mites (Just an FYI, sorry if you already know all of this).

q1q2q3q4 wrote:Haven't been here in a while-

One of our Boars, Joe died the other day. :cry: Toffie's left alone now, and appears to be rather bored without his younger brother. We would try to introduce another little boy to him, but we're afraid to do so, due to Toffie's unfriendly personality. Anything else we could do instead?

I'm sorry for your loss. If he tolerated Joe, there's a chance he could tolerate another pig. If you're worried he won't get along with anyone else, some rescues will let you take your pig in to meet their pigs and see if he gets along with any of them.
ImageImageStandard Poodle Mom Image Pro Dog Groomer Image Engaged Image Image
arcticwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Trphlthdl » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:05 am

Hey so I've come to ask for help. I've posted here before I believe.

Three years ago in mid-jury my friends guinea pig gave birth, and once they grew up I adopted the two males of the litter. I now seem to have developed allergies that seem to be unrelated to their food and litter, and would happen even when the pigs had been washed recently. The allergies have become more prominent lately, and I suspect dust from their litter isn't helping.

Lately school has been interfering with my ability to care for them, and they have been waking me up in the middle of the night more often interfering with school.

I believe rehoming them may be the best option, as my father also seems to have minor allergies. Does anyone have anything that may help, whether it's something to try to keep them or how to find a new home/good shelter.
x
xxxxxxx
🌿🌿🌿
trp | they/them | avatar
feel free to pm or send a trade at any time, although i'm not typically super active
i'm most interested in c$, mushroom or flower themed pets & items, as well as trading
for recreated pets! I've also recently started dnd, and am usually looking for art.
🌿🌿🌿
Trphlthdl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taurus ; » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:07 pm

This same thing has happened to me. I had one guinea pig but as soon as I got another, the allergies skyrocketed. I gave them to my school, so now I can see them everyday and not have to deal with the allergies. With guinea pigs, the allergens are located in the pee and poop. So think about how much guinea pigs poop, a lot. Whenever I would clean the cage, I would be left with itchy eyes and a runny nose for hours. You could get medicine for it, I just didn't want to be on meds all the time, but its up to you.
It would be in your and the guinea pigs best interest to rehome them, if you can't care for them properly. And trust me, caring for an animal that you're allergic to quickly becomes a pain, no matter how much you love them.
☆ kenya|she/her|istj|adult player
(simply vibing, that's it <3)
taurus ;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fluffle puffle » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:38 pm

There's a piggy club on here?! :D I'd post pictures of my herd but there's fourteen of them xD
(,, ,• ) (,, ,• ) (,, ,• ) (,, ,• ) (,, ,• ) (,, ,• ) (,, ,• ) (,, ,• ) ( •, ,,) ( •, ,,) ( •, ,,) ( •, ,,) ( •, ,,) ( •, ,,) ( •, ,,) ( •, ,,)

Hi, I'm Fluffle puffle. Send me a trade!
Certified guinea pig hoarder.
ʕ⁠っ⁠•⁠ᴥ⁠•⁠ʔ⁠っ gimme

Looking for:..............................Trading:
Wishlist! ...............................ImageImage
Sometimes I'm too anxious to send messages.. ^^' Thank you all for your patience!
Fluffle puffle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Starrats » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:30 am

Fluffle puffle wrote:There's a piggy club on here?! :D I'd post pictures of my herd but there's fourteen of them xD

Post, Post, Post :D
Image Image Image

My Birthday is October 23

Tiny Dwayne "The Pet Rock" Johnson
I'm a Boar
People with this sign are
said to have these characteristics:

Simple, honest, loyal, calm, thoughtful,
intelligent, hard working, strong,
peace-loving, trusting.
Sometimes they can be naive,
gullible, materialistic, clingy
Starrats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fluffle puffle » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:00 am

I really don't know how to use this :( apparently all my pictures are too big
(,, ,• ) (,, ,• ) (,, ,• ) (,, ,• ) (,, ,• ) (,, ,• ) (,, ,• ) (,, ,• ) ( •, ,,) ( •, ,,) ( •, ,,) ( •, ,,) ( •, ,,) ( •, ,,) ( •, ,,) ( •, ,,)

Hi, I'm Fluffle puffle. Send me a trade!
Certified guinea pig hoarder.
ʕ⁠っ⁠•⁠ᴥ⁠•⁠ʔ⁠っ gimme

Looking for:..............................Trading:
Wishlist! ...............................ImageImage
Sometimes I'm too anxious to send messages.. ^^' Thank you all for your patience!
Fluffle puffle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PeachFuzz » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:11 am

I got a cute photo of the boys c:

Image Image Image