Design a mate for Rue! (First Prize = 7 Rares!)

Find a competition to enter your artwork in, or create an art competition for others!
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Re: Design a mate for Rue! (First Prize = 7 Rares!)

Postby Blu Malinois » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:51 pm

Do we have to name them? xD I'm making a couple but Im on vacation right now so I can't finish it cause I need a scanner DX
Blu Malinois

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby osteoh » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:06 pm

No, you don't.
not here- find me on dA or toyhouse instead!
if you have a kalon designed or transferred by me, please don't credit me on TH.

Image Image
osteoh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pharaoh » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:08 pm

Does the "no art theft" thing include lineart [if we credit?]? Because I can design, but can't draw a base to save my life. D:
Pharaoh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blu Malinois » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:14 pm

Hey, is it okay if my entries are sketches? :3 it's faster for me and I have an art tablet to help =^^=
Blu Malinois

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby osteoh » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:56 pm

You can use lineart, and sketches are fine.
if you have a kalon designed or transferred by me, please don't credit me on TH.

Image Image
osteoh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LyonFace » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:11 pm

I see that the creator of the board is both a Death Note fan AND an Evangelion fan.

You may have just stolen my heart. I'll work on my entry right away.
LyonFace

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blu Malinois » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:37 pm

Death note is cool ^^ I watched it :3
Blu Malinois

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueEyedKite » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:51 pm

I'm working on an entry :3 I'm using a free line art but using my own design. I'm hoping you'll get the feel of goth Lolita with a little edge when you see my femme wolf. I'll post it as soon as I get finished with her
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby osteoh » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:56 am

Thanks for entering!

Image Image
osteoh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueEyedKite » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:59 am

This is where I got the free line art: click

Here is my entry:

I know this isn't required but I thought I'd share with you what I pictured while coloring in this girl ^-^ since she is your character now, you can edit this however you like or throw it out in general. If I have time before the contest closes, I'll color a line art of Rue and Yuna

Name: Yuna
Species: wolf
Body Type: small and scrawny with a shaggy coat
Eye Color: bright blue (yes both eyes are blue)
Bangs: light blonde (almost platinum)
Markings: Yuna’s body is mostly a dark gray with a light gray inner ear. Her white markings include her stomach, her chest, the underside of her tail, a strip along her muzzle, tips on both ears, and three white socks. She has a deep red color on the tip of her tail and on the tips of both ears. She has a small deep red heart on the front of her chest and a black nose
Accessories: a black and white striped sock on her front right leg and a white garter on her back right leg
Personality: timid, skittish, soft-spoken, aggressive against others she views as a threat to her
History: Yuna was the only pup born to a mother who wasn’t “quite right in the head.” The young pup didn’t get to know her very long before witnessing her mother’s killing by a group of rogue wolves. Just to get away alive, the pup had to rip her ankle free from one of the enemy’s jaws. To cover the ugly scare left behind she wears the black and white striped sock. Yuna was never a normal wolf to begin with but after viewing something so traumatic, she developed a strange personality as well. Yuna became afraid of everything. A rustle in the bushes, a shadow playing across the trees, the hoot of an owl, all of it made her heart race and the fur along her spine bristle in terror. Her natural response was aggression—attacking anything that frightened her. She’d claw up trees, shred branches that moved in the wind, and more importantly attack any creature that got too close. For a long time, Yuna had no companions and was notorious among other wolves for attacking anyone that breathed in reach of her paws. However, when a dark moonless night made her cower under a bush for safety—a brown streaked male with red eyes heard her pitiful whining from her hiding spot. Something in Yuna made her feel that Rue wasn’t a threat, in fact, she never felt safer than being by his side. Spending time with him awakened her sanity, her sweet feminine voice could be heard and from time to time she’d even turn up the corners of her mouth in a smile. Around Rue, Yuna found what she had been missing since her childhood—love.
Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2poQ44pRno
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me