Rise | Warrior Adopts | Fanclub

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Rise | Warrior Adopts | Fanclub

Postby Dia. » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:42 am

@lady raincloud
Transfers will very likely be challenge prizes. c:

@sabatea
I'd like to keep a background on them. c: The current lines' artist did the waterfall background and the forest one was from a pack.
I'm not sure if EmberWolf does backgrounds. If not, I'll request they're done on a free background pack.

@sylveonsweetie987
They would be done in EmberWolf's lineart style, which are cleanly lined. <3

@Gallifrey
It might be possible to get a preview once a decision is made. But also I don't want to waste EmberWolf's time and they may not allow it. c:

My own addition:
We have considered another option for transfers where you can order a transfer instead of a custom. However, not all of our artists want others to transfer their designs. So if those artists don't take transfer orders, you may not be able to get your designs transferred. Logistically, a little tough to figure out.
hiya i'm dia
she/her
INTJ

bookworm
scientist
plant lover
dog mom-->

CS Fanart Archive

Characters

art fight; *team*
CS Help | Site Rules
[avatar] | [signature]
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shadowflight13 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:57 am

Pros:
-New lines gives Rise a refresh and can help motivate artists/staff.
-New lines, a new page, and a general makeover can attract in new people and help invigorate the community.
-Rise gets to keep growing and changing! Change can be scary but isn't always bad.
-We can finally get bigger kit lines!!!
-Old lineart would almost certainly be available through "throwback events".
-More variety in cat refs between old and new lines!
-Consider: new lineart could become even MORE iconic

Cons:
-Transfers, even if available, would likely be slow and it wouldn't be possible to transfer every cat (some artists uncomfortable with their designs being transferred by others/etc)
-Current lineart is iconic
-Some people might not like/connect with the new lines
-Less uniformity because of the new lines

I decided to make my own pro and con list! Especially since my perspective as an artist is probably a tiny bit different from most community members (aka: transfers would be so much work guys please spare me xD)

Personally, I think getting new lines and a new page would be a good thing! It would give staff an opportunity to streamline and revamp the front page, and give artists more motivation to make cats. Shiny new lines tend to do that to artists! Haha. I also think throwback events could be really fun, and it would give new and old people alike a chance to get cats on the old lineart!

I guess overall I'm just more excited by the possibilities this offers than concerned about the potential drawbacks!
only here to post art and run. best way to reach me is discord (Shadowflight13#6850)

I take art commissions for USD. message me on discord if interested! <3

join me playing dappervolk :3c
Shadowflight13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cinxer » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:15 pm

Ok when I saw that new lines could be made my first reaction was yes! That would be cool. Then as I got to thinking I realized I Personally I don't like the idea of new lines because of the uniformity and nostalgia. I really don't like change but I probably wouldn't quit. Having new lines would probably inspire artist more but it could also be hard on them what with the layers and all. I like the idea of bigger kitten lines though. Rise is unique just the way it is.
Cinxer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dia. » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:35 pm

Since it's been referenced a few times in all the discussion:
It would be best if everyone considering pros and cons does not worry about how the new lines would impact me/my work or the artists/their work.

I get that you'd be concerned about them, but this poll is mainly about everyone as community members.
The artists can/have/will express their own concerns to me about getting used to new lineart themselves. <3 We've already discussed this behind the scenes, and will continue to do so.
Also it's really not that complicated to get used to new lineart file/organization, especially for artists as amazing as Rise artists c;
hiya i'm dia
she/her
INTJ

bookworm
scientist
plant lover
dog mom-->

CS Fanart Archive

Characters

art fight; *team*
CS Help | Site Rules
[avatar] | [signature]
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neah » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:49 pm

Offering a bit of different insight as an artist and admin in chat.

Rise has gotten a bit slow and stale over the last year and some change, and we're looking for a way to brighten it up and regain interest. Most species our age and with as many adopts as we have, have gone through at least one, if not many, line changes at this point as they grow and evolve with the species. We're trying to embrace this, and grow as we can with time.

Change may be startling and hard to adjust to, but it's something to be celebrated. We won't be completely leaving behind the old lines, bringing them back for events, and will still be giving ourselves room to grow and get bigger. New lines will give us a push in that direction and help bring in new people and opportunities.

And, as an artist, I always welcome the chance to work on new lines. I've always struggled on our current lines since I favor realism, and would love the opportunity to try my hand at a bit more realistic lines.

We want everyone to be happy with whatever we end up doing, and really do appreciate everyone's feedback. Remember, this isn't instantaneous, and still needs much more planning, so take time to make your decision.
ImageImage
Neah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:50 pm

Adding in my opinion as well.

While we have had rise lines for a long time and everyone is used to them, they’re growing stale. They’re no longer quite what I’m excited for or what I’m excited to use. Over the last year an some, there are glaring issues with the line art that bothers a lot of us. Subject A would be kit line sizes. They’re tiny, artist struggle making them look good and like the adult form they have made. They’re just too small. That’s something that could be fixed with new lines. Subject B: the anatomy. Yes they look like cats but when you’re designing the anatomy faults make it so hard. Tail, paw and faces could look so much better and as a result more cohesive designs.

I keep seeing people mentioning new layers as a con. As an artist, it’s not a problem. We have so many layers already in rise plus artists usually add MORE to that. I do almost everything on its own layer plus have colour correcting layers. I swim in layers. New ones really won’t impact anything, it’s like tying your shoes. New shoes don’t make it harder to tie. A few of us own Emberwolf lines, so we know what we are walking into and have that kind of resource if anyone on our team feels hesitant.

I love the idea of adding in shading and bring a realistic touch. I like the lines we have, I really do. But they conflict with my style so much.

I’m all for new lines. I think it can breath in a new sense of life to the species, expand our community, open us up to new events (vintage lineart comps), fix issues artists have with our current lines and give us more to work with.

Postby clouds-move-on » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:53 pm

In the midst of this gonna not something not on the lineart topic.

June Raffle Entries
1. Elliad.
2. Gallifrey
3. nimrod.
4. TheSongOfTheStars
5. DiamondDogg Caverns
6. sass
7. Chaosin
8. SmolLilTrashcan
9. ThunderCry04
10. Gallifrey
11. ThunderCry04
12. Gallifrey

I will try and roll later today or tomorrow. This is the last raffle I will be hosting, for now. If anyone is interested in asking questions in my stead please let me know, either here on the faclub or on discord if you have me added there.

SmolLilTrashcan will be taking over the fanclub raffle starting today. c:
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

- John 13:34-35

ImageImageImage
2/24/24
temp open to doing stars myos off oekaki for 100+ c$s... dm me

I am no longer active on CS.
- I am keeping all my characters that I haven't readopted out myself, dont ask about em.
- If you want to transfer designs by me out of chicken smoothie closed species from before 8/2/20, YES, you may! Be free. uwu ❤️
- You may also transfer them into other species/groups/arpgs!
- Do not contact me here unless I contacted you first.
- Feel free to send me trades, but you may be waiting awhile.
clouds-move-on

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SandSpider » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:07 am

July Questionnaire #1

Code: Select all
[b]If your cats could choose their own warrior name, what would it be and why?[/b]

Since it is a new month, if anyone would like to donate art prizes for this month, fill out the form and post it here or DM me on discord!
Last edited by SandSpider on Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SandSpider

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Trickz » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:06 am

If your cats could choose their own warrior name, what would it be and why?

Barnaclepaw - "If I could choose my warrior name I would choose Barnacleclaw! I am one of the strongest cats in TideClan so therefore I should have a suffix that shows my strength."

Conchpaw - "I would choose Conchtremble... I'm a big scaredy cat I guess."

Covepaw - "I would choose Coveheart. I feel like I am a good cat, devoted to my clan and family, and I am very accepting. A suiting suffix in my opinion."

Figpaw - "In the end, it is Applestar's choice but if I had to choose my own warrior's name it'd be Figheart. I don't know, I've just been told how great a cat I am so I see it as fitting."

Murkypaw - "Murkyleaf! I am a medicine cat apprentice so therefore it is suiting."

Barnaclepaw becomes Barnaclewave.
      Conchpaw becomes Conchwhistle.
      Covepaw becomes Covewhisker.
      Figpaw does become Figheart.
      Murkypaw becomes Murkywater.
Trickz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gallifrey » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:11 am

If your cats could choose their own warrior name, what would it be and why?

Wavestar - "My old name of Wavefoot was pretty cool, but if I had gotten to choose, it would have been Waveheart for sure! Mostly because my sister Foampaw always thought that would suit me."

Sunsong - "Well to be honest, I'd kind of hoped to be called Sunfur as I've always been proud of my bright tortoiseshell pelt. But Sunsong is really nice too. so I can't say I'm disappointed."

Moonstorm - "I wouldn't change my name for the world. It's perfect exactly how it is, plus my betrothed thinks it's cute."
Gallifrey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me