Based on Click to view
Artist ShadyBro [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 15 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Tri-Tooth Fielquin

Postby ShadyBro » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:03 am

File Name: Tri-Tooth Fielquin
Commonly known as a 'Feelick', plural 'Feeli'.

- Unable to acquire any photographic evidence of the species due to their oddly fascinating ability to camouflage themselves to their surroundings, with the exception of their tail and mane. The reasoning behind this strange ability is likely not only for safety, but a hunting and fishing aide. Similar to that of a reptile, Feeli are able to change the color of their skin and therefore translucent fur to whatever it is they are currently looking at, using a special chemical created by the brain stem that travels in a loop from the occipital lobe to the optic nerve and back again to the brain stem.

- Stands at about 8ft at the shoulder, and is about 10ft long. Though a very lean and agile animal, they have large thick bones and can weigh up to 1,800lbs. Their sense of smell is their most enhanced feature, while their eyesight is usually fairly poor.

- Originates from the undiscovered shores of Papua New Guinea. Generally resides in lush forests close to the coast and or small rivers/ponds.

- Omnivorous. Diet should include plants such a cannabis, moraceae, gentiaceae, and bryophyte. Can include prey such as rakalis, echidnas, and bandicoots, as well as similar species and various carnivorous fish.

- Lifespan ranges anywhere from fifty to eighty years, depending on the lifestyle and region the animal is living in. Captive/tamed Feeli live a much longer time, having been known to live well into their hundreds.

- Young Feeli are cared for very closely by both parents until they are about ten years old. A mated pair will usually produce another offspring every two years until they are too old to breed.

- At a glance, Feeli are generally aggressive and shy creatures to the people who have seen or interacted with them. In reality these gentle giants are very sweet, loving animals, that have an extremely high level of compassion and loyalty towards their 'packs'.

- Lives in a pack-like system, consisting of two main alphas and their followers. Alphas have been seen as either a mated pair, siblings, or parent and child. Followers can be related, but in most cases will be randomly met strangers and have no relations to any other member of the pack.

- Feeli packs are grouped together at all times, but do not hunt and travel together. Rather, they select a piece of land in which to live and return to the area when they are done with their own activities.

- Their sleep patterns are fairly erratic, as they tend to nap for short periods of time throughout the day and night. When grouped together in their territory, there is always at least one pack member that is awake during these times to act as a look out.

- The only predator the Feeli have to deal with besides themselves (whenever there is conflict between packs for example) is humans. Due to their massive size and horse-like spinal structure, they can make excellent mounts for the native tribes. Unfortunately for these people Feeli are very unruly creatures, and will refuse to be ridden if forcefully captured.
┏━━━━━━━━━┓ 
─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──

ImageImageImage
✰Toyhouse✰
✰Closed Species✰
✰Trotters✰

ImageImageImage

─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

─- ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ─- ♡ - - ♡ -─ ⋆⋅⋅⋆ -─
ShadyBro

My pets