Drawing sessions 4
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Contest Entry

Postby wolfpuppies » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:36 pm

So this is what I've come up with. Some species name ideas are:
Roull-sin (pronounced roll-shin)
Dar'wyk (pronounced day-r-wick)
Nugae Canarius (Latin for Bauble Canines) // Could to a play on the spelling (ex. Nougaa Canaryus)
Zeus Canarius (Latin for Maned Canines) // Could to a play on the spelling (ex. Zaeus Canaarys)

Information about the species thus far:
* It is not native to Earth, but it's home planet/body is still unknown to scientists. They believe that the environment is similar to that of Earth, beyond the fact that the gravity may have a stronger pull on their home planet - as moving fast seems to entertain them greatly.
* Their pelt bases can only come in natural tones - browns, tans, blacks, whites, and grays. There is always at least one unnatural color that appears on their pelts; however, never more than three. Their coats can have any manner of designs on them, but rarely do they have more than six colors; along those lines, their fur rarely has fewer than two colors on them.
* They always have three bauble-like ornaments on their bodies - usually in their manes and one on their tail. It is unknown what these balls of glowing light are made of or what they do; however, if any or all are taken from the animal, they become quite weak, lethargic, and can even die if their baubles aren't returned within the five to six days.
* Their eyes and noses are always the same color - although slight variants in hue have been observed (ex. blue and cerulean, baby and sky blue; this is uncommon though). The baubles that always adorn them are always a variant of the color of their eyes - so if the eyes are a baby blue-ish hue, then the baubles will also be a light shade of blue.
* While their bodies are somewhat canine in shape, they have hooves instead of paws and significantly thicker tails than any known species of canid on Earth. They can grow to stand three and a half feet at the shoulder (so up to about four feet at the top of their heads), however are more commonly between two and three feet tall. Their body length is usually at least double their height, because of their long, bushy tails (which are about the same length of the body from nose to rump).
* Both males and females have manes. Females tend to have manes with one or two colors - which never contrast sharply with one another; while males can have any number of colors in their manes.
* These species is omnivorous and highly adaptable. They can ingest almost anything on Earth and have little to no side-effects; the only foods they seem to have a hard time eating is the regular food fed to pets - such as kibble or pellet food. They can eat up to fifteen pounds of food in one sitting, but a meal that size can last them at least a week before they even feel the desire to eat again.
* They are quick and agile on Earth, which is suspected to be due to the difference in gravity; it is also believed that their bones are lighter, although not hollow like Earth birds - which means they rarely confront another creature which is larger than itself.
Last edited by wolfpuppies on Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
CS pets, c$, and items for trade!
Shima Longtail, Growing White July, and more are all available!!
Am willing to do art for characters as well ^^
wolfpuppies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Contest Entry WIP

Postby shinjitaro » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:47 pm

Its looks good so far and interesting, thank you for trying so hard.
-

┌───────────────────────┐

hey, i'm shin.
i've pretty much quit cs, but feel free to
contact me if you need me!
i'll check back every now and then.
🌼
yojire <--- my username everywhere else

└────────────────────────┘
shinjitaro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Contest Entry WIP

Postby wolfpuppies » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:05 am

So I added more to the species lines, included an example design for their bodies, typed up some more information for you - if you choose this species - and came up with some species names.

Let me know if you have any questions, if something doesn't feel quite right with the species, or anything really. I'd love to get some feedback and hear what you think~

Since I have a few other things I need to do right now, I can't work on any other lines (infant and/or teen) - but if these do win, and I haven't added those before the contest ends, I will make you some~
**Edit** Obviously if these place first, you're more than welcome to change any information I produced about this species - as they will be yours. I just put that information up as a guide in case you didn't know where you wanted to go with them (if they place first).

If this species doesn't place first, I do plan on keeping it - either for me to use or to auction off for another user (undecided).
wolfpuppies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Contest Entry

Postby wolfpuppies » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:30 pm

At this point, there are adult and teen lines, all with labeled layers and lock alpha capabilities. I'm still trying to figure out a good pose for the baby lines...

Do you want there to be color swatches, gender symbols, etc on the adoptable?
wolfpuppies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Contest Entry

Postby shinjitaro » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:49 pm

Riakou wrote:
Well it took me a while but the winners:

#1:Sammich`s entry :D great Job
#2:wolfpuppies entry i really liked this one
#3:.:Sky:.`s entry some might have been better but i just liked the way this one looked

I will send prizes for the 3 winners but otherwise send me a trade for your 3 uncommon pets
-

┌───────────────────────┐

hey, i'm shin.
i've pretty much quit cs, but feel free to
contact me if you need me!
i'll check back every now and then.
🌼
yojire <--- my username everywhere else

└────────────────────────┘
shinjitaro

My pets
My items