Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

✪ Tignix Adopts Artist Competition ✪ by ImmyWimmy1

Based on Click to view
Artist ImmyWimmy1 [gallery]
Time spent 14 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

✪ Tignix Adopts Artist Competition ✪

Postby ImmyWimmy1 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:00 am

✪ Tignix Adopts Artist Competition ✪

Welcome to the Tignix Adopts Artist Competition! Here you can try out your skills to see if you could become the next potential member of the Tignix Adopts team- do you have what it takes to join us?! :D <3

***Please note that breedings are not yet a feature, but will become a feature once some buzz is generated. You can still apply to be a breeding artist at this stage if you so wish!***

What are tignix? wrote:Tignix are big cats which share tiger-like features (head and leg shape) and cheetah-like features (body and tail shape, and non-retractable claws.) There are three different subspecies of tignix which live in different habitats: the mountain tignix, the forest tignix and the plains tignix. Unlike other mammals they have the ability to produce strong green and blue pigments and can come in a wide variety of colours. They are highly sociable and live in packs with a matriarch, a dominant male and several other subordinates within both genders, with cubs right at the bottom of the pecking order. The gender ratio within the packs is usually even since tignix mate for life.

✪ What I'm Looking For ✪

ImmyWimmy1 wrote:Artists (including Guest and Ghost Artists): Artists will be able to create tignix across all three subspecies at Tignix Adopts. They will also be able to showcase their ideas for new mutations to me on the 'test page', which may then become a part of the adopts when approved. They will also have the privilege of being able to create tignix for themselves once every three months if they so choose to do so. In order to be an artist users must abide by the colours and rules on markings as indicated by the 'genetics guide' in order to keep these adopts semi-realistic. They must be able to understand basic genetics if they wish to qualify as a breeding artist, as this plays a major role in deciding what colour the cubs will be. The role of artist is one of the most integral roles to the adopts- are you up to the task?

Competition Status: Open!
Number of artists needed: five full-time artists, all other artist positions are currently unlimited.

✪ Rules ✪

1. All of the CS site rules apply.
2. Please do not remove the 'Eye Shine', 'Non-retractable Claws' and the background layers. You can, however, remove the cover layer to display your entry.
3. Please stick to the colours and markings as indicated in the genetics guide (link provided below.) There are several little niggly bits on gene interaction, so make sure you read it carefully and look at the provided examples!
4. You can create as many entries as you want to- have fun and be creative with the colour and marking combos! If you are making more than one entry I would ask you to make a cover first please!
5. You can create one entry with a mutation, either to the coat colour or to the lines.
6. If you only want to be a Guest Artist (temporary) or Ghost Artist (semi-inactive but permenant) please indicate this in your cover entry post. Please do the same if you also want to apply as a Breeding Artist, either instead of or on top of another artist position
7. If you do want to be a breeding artist please use the genetic codes you used for the colours (e.g. grass clouded forest tignix with minimal white= c/c, Br/br, A/Ax, Rs/rs, Wm/wm.) If you require assistance with the genetics codes please PM me!
8. If you are a returning Guest Artist you will still have to re-enter as a Full-Time Artist.
9. You can still create entries when the competition is closed- they will be judged when the competition next opens.
10. Have fun with it!

✪ Useful Links ✪

Tignix Adopts V.2- the main topic. Get a flavour for the species as a whole here!
Tignix Adopts Genetics Guide- this have a list of all the currently accepted colours and markings tignix can come in. You will most likely need to use it, especially if you're considering running for a breeding artist at a later date!

~~~

ImmyWimmy1 [02/08/2017] wrote:
~ ROUND 1 RESULTS ~

Okie dokie folks, the long-overdue moment has arrived! After a long hiatus from Tignix Adopts and much deliberation, I have decided on

~~~

~ Full-time Artists~

Simonpet (plus Breeding Artist!)
Toyland Coletta

~ Guest Artists~

randompersonH2O
sniper,

~~~

Congratulations to all the winners! You have all done a fantastic job and I'm so proud of the commitment and dedication you have put into your entries- you should be too! =^u^= You shall all receive PMs with further details and instructions shortly.

And don't worry if you didn't make it this time around. This competition will remain permanently open and I shall post more information on the next round of judging when the time comes.

Congratulations to all the new artists and good luck to all future entrants! =^u^= <3
Last edited by ImmyWimmy1 on Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImmyWimmy1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

--

Postby fruitvale » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:53 pm

mark!! so totally entering for full time :>
        probs gonna do a Wm/wm, C/C1, st/st with a 2. grey: base coat= grey, markings= dark grey, skin= pale pink, eyes= a lime color (since the other genes appear to have yellow eyes.), and L/l forest fur. if i'm missing anything or overdoing anything, tell me?
fruitvale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: --

Postby ImmyWimmy1 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:09 am

restlessQuestioner. wrote:
        mark!! so totally entering for full time :>
        probs gonna do a Wm/wm, C/C1, st/st with a 2. grey: base coat= grey, markings= dark grey, skin= pale pink, eyes= a lime color (since the other genes appear to have yellow eyes.), and L/l forest fur. if i'm missing anything or overdoing anything, tell me?

Hello there!

Thank you for taking part in this competition- it means a lot to me! :D <3

Everything you've chosen is 100% correct, apart from two little things:

> Remember that the 'A/A', 'A/Ax' or 'A/a' allele combination needs to be present, otherwise the 'st/st' won't be visible (instead it would be hidden by the base coat)
> The allele combination 'C/C1' codes for the following:
ImmyWimmy1 wrote:
C/C1- brown coat, some grey hairs may be present on the top of the head, shoulders, back and hips

(Grey is the secondary colour and would be less prevalent.)

I'll leave more feedback for you under your entry, but so far everything's looking really good so far! I look forward to seeing the rest of your work.

Take care deary! :D <3 xxx
ImmyWimmy1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

-

Postby fruitvale » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:52 am

ahah, thank you for pointing that out lmao
        i was sort of getting a bit side-tracked so i was like 'howsabout i add in other mutations since why not'
        but yay! thanks!
fruitvale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: -

Postby ImmyWimmy1 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:53 am

restlessQuestioner. wrote:
        ahah, thank you for pointing that out lmao
        i was sort of getting a bit side-tracked so i was like 'howsabout i add in other mutations since why not'
        but yay! thanks!

No problemo- I'm always happy to help out as and where I can! :D <3
ImmyWimmy1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blackbirds » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:18 am

mark
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
Blackbirds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ✪ Tignix Adopts Artist Competition ✪

Postby ty_tay » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:25 am

Marking x3
"Youre uncomfortable now? You should walk into one of their hideouts. Its like stepping on a hornets nest, kicking it and then setting it on fire." -Avian (Dissent)

ImageImage
Art by: me (with a mouse)
Art of: Mars & Jenova

Art by: preppy paws | Art of: Mars |Art by: Me | Art of: Rune

My Characters! *OLD* *NEW* - Rohktans - My CWHR horses
RP/Characters - X - VoK
I have old characters for trade here pm me if youre interested in one. Do not post on my thread please; its for character storage.
ty_tay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ✪ Tignix Adopts Artist Competition ✪

Postby DragonsofMyth » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:57 am

Marking .o.
DragonsofMyth