Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Create a Species - A Contest of Creativity

Postby Disgustedorite » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:04 am

skemma04 wrote:Just wondering;
Can we draw it on the computer, save it, and post it on here?
I could send you the link to the exact post it is on here (in a PM). I'd include what it eats etc. on the post.

Yes, PM entries are accepted :3
Disgustedorite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dundundundun » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:26 am

image.jpg
image.jpg (165.79 KiB) Viewed 47 times

Name:
Moon-Seal
I gave it this name because
Moon- for the moon rabbit
S for squirrel
E for eagle
Al for All Left out
Plus seals are cute and I kinda think it is cute. :)
Strong points:
-Feet
There front feet are made mostly of what looks like and partially is moon rock. It's just a lot stronger. The feet also have a strong talon like grip great for climbing mountains and trees. The fluff around the front feet help this species swim. The fluff can spread out and stiffen creating strong fin- like paws.

-wings
This pet has to wait for it to grow up and become an adult for it to grow its wings. When it does though, they are extremely strong. Even though they are so tiny that no one can see them they can still lift the creature off the ground and could fly forever at the speed of a cheetah. They are also made of some moon rock but no one knows what else could be in them to make them that strong.

-eyes
The eyes are as amazing as an eagles eyes. Meaning, It can see extremely far. It also has x-Ray vision. Unfortunately, when it grows up it looses this ability.
The eye colors for this creature are also different. The colors it usually has is purple, blue green and black.

-horns
The horns on this creature are also made out of a stronger moon rock and on the tips of some of the horns is a deadly poison to protect themselves.

Weak spots:
-tail
The squirrel like tail is extremely soft and fluffy. It can make it a bit hard to do some of its favorite activities such as running because it can trip on its own tail.

-ears
There ears are very hard of hearing and most of them are deaf at a young age.

-neck
The neck is a rather normal neck. It's neck has to hold a much heavier head though. So most of them have to get a neck brace to help support its heavy head.

What does the moon on top of its head do?
The moon on the adults head actually is not there. It's just like a foggy spot that looks like a moon. It does help protect it though. It helps because it can blind anyone trying to hurt it.

coloring:
The most common color for moon-seals to be is shades of blue. Other colors that they can be are light green, black, white and rare ones can be rainbow on there feet. This only happens for 1 out of every 1,200 of them born. The ones with rainbow feet can get almost any mate it wants.
size:
Babies are about the size of an apple, teens the size of a squirrel and adults the size of a rabbit. (Less chubby though)
Habitat:
All Moon-Seals are born on the moon. When they are at least a teen they can go anywhere they please. They are picky animals and don't like to stay in one place. So they travel often. From the moon they like to visit earth. They enjoy being in the mountains, forests, up in the trees, at rivers and almost anywhere besides deserts and beaches. (They don't like sand) If they want to have a family they will fly back to the moon and start a family taking occasional visits back to earth.

Life span:
The Moon-seal lives about 200 years.

population:
The population can not be correctly counted because they travel so much but there has only been 6 spotted in the world. It is believed that there are much more of them though because they are great at hiding and extremely fast. They also try to stay away from humans.

Communication:
Moon-seals usually communicate by making motions. Such as a twitch of the ear, stomping extending claws and so much more. Every once and a while they will have to communicate to each other by speaking. There tones are so high pitch that the naked ear can not hear what they are saying. Even though these creatures have such bad hearing they can hear sounds from each other when they communicate.
- most common bad signals to watch out for
* Horns changing color
* if you see the moon start to appear on an adult run
* fluff on feet sticking out and stiffening when it is not it water
* making eye contact (them staring at you)
* stomping both feet
- most common loving signals
* blinking
* when they put there head down
* tail getting fluffier and wagging slowly
* stomping one front foot

Things they like to do:
* swim
* race
* hunt
* run around freely
* climb
* hop on clouds
* hide
* tuck in small places

Things they don't like:
* being social (they prefer to hang out with there own species)
* other species (mostly humans)
* bright lights (eyes can be sensitive)
* heat/ hot weather
* sand

Diet
Favorite foods:
* berries
* crabs
* polished rocks
Things they can eat:
* Fish
* Nuts
* rocks
*flower
* Almost anything *

personality and families:
These creatures are usually calm and quiet but on occasions they will get a quick outburst of excitement for a day or two. They can be grumpy if around each other or other animals to much because they are usually independent. Occasionally when one is social they will go find a mate aThat is also social. They will have large litters consisting of 20 or more.

babies:
As babies they are born with a lot of strong teeth. They use these teeth for crunching moon rock that their mother produces. The moon rock crushes into such small pieces (about the size of a grain of sand) that it's easy of it to swallow. It also looses some of its teeth as it gets older.

Animals that may be included:
Moon rabbit/ jade rabbit (Japanese folklore)
Eagle
Squirrel
Others.....

Other: Thank you for doing this is was a lot of fun creating my own species and sharing it with others! Oh and sorry I could not pm you the entry. I can't pm you an attachment and that's what my pic is.
*new* I actually really like my new species. Lol so much that I had KatLove make me digital art versions :) here you go:
viewtopic.php?t=2651255 Adult
viewtopic.php?t=2649968 Atolecent
viewtopic.php?t=2652481 Baby
Have any questions about my species? If so, please pm me :)
Last edited by dundundundun on Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
dundundundun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadyBro » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:22 pm

Well this was fun ^_^
┏━━━━━━━━━┓ 
─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──

ImageImageImage
✰Toyhouse✰
✰Closed Species✰
✰Trotters✰

ImageImageImage

─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

─- ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ─- ♡ - - ♡ -─ ⋆⋅⋅⋆ -─
ShadyBro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Architeuthid » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:20 am

Here is my entry!

Species Name:

Nyhlians
Crystallium cauda

Summary:

Nyhlians are mammalian carnivores about as tall as a Labrador Retriever. They have a strange, gem-like protuberance on the end of their tail, the cause of which is unknown. Their body is covered in short coarse hair. Nyhlians have a very good sense of hearing and smell, and have powerful night vision. The average life span of a Nyhlian is 20 years in the wild.

Build:

Nyhlians have a long but skinny body. They have powerful leg muscles designed for leaping. The tail is quite dangerous as it can whip you with its powerful tail and cause bruising. The gem-like protuberance on the end of the tail is hard and slightly translucent. It is not shown to have any special powers or affect the Nyhlian in any way, but gives it its scientific name, which means 'Crystal tail'.

Diet:

Nyhlians are carnivores and are known to consume most small mammals and birds. They are known to occasionally hunt fish. They sneak up and pounce on their prey, and deliver the killing blow with a sharp bite to the neck.

Patterning:

Nyhlians usually are covered in stripes or covered in patches resembling those of the clouded leopard. These patterns, although they look similar, almost never match the pattern of another Nyhlian. The coloring of a Nyhlian varies, from shades of gray to shades of brown to shades of orange. Very rarely a mutation in the fur color chromosone will occur, causing unnatural colors.

Habitat:

Nyhlians live in temparate deciduous and pine forests across North America. They will make their homes in a variety of places, from hollow trees to large bushes with the interior cleared out. They make small nests out of leaves or pine needles, and line the inside with whatever soft objects they can find.

Social Structure:

Nyhlians are solitary animals that don't interact very often. When two Nyhlians meet, several things could happen: If both Nyhlians are male, they will probably fight each other. If both Nyhlians are female, they will probably ignore each other. And if they are both the opposite sex, the male will likely try to mate, unless the female already has cubs. Male Nyhlians each have large territories that no other male Nyhlian is allowed to trespass on. These territories range in size from 1 square mile to 100 square miles, depending on the terrain and population. Females are allowed to pass between territories without being attacked, mainly because each male Nyhlian wants to mate with them.

Reproduction:

Once a female Nyhlian mates, she will search for a safe place to stay until her cubs can survive on their own. She picks out a spot near shallow water, and with plenty of prey and shelter. She will then begin to make a nest and wait for her cubs to come. The average gestation period is about 4 to 5 months, then give birth to 1 to 3 cubs. The mother will stay with the cubs and take care of them until they can survive in the wild, for around six months.

I certainly hope this was detailed and creative enough!
Architeuthid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby evertheweather » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:16 pm

When does it end? I'll join, but I need to know how much time I have ^^
ou·ro·bo·ros
/yo͝orəˈbôrəs/

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
a circular symbol depicting a snake, or less commonly
 a dragon, swallowing its tail, as an emblem of wholeness 
or infinity.

they/them

sig credit
evertheweather

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tikki-tak » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:18 pm

CinnamonHearts wrote:When does it end? I'll join, but I need to know how much time I have ^^

I think is says that it's supposed to end on the 10th, but that it might be extended. c:

Call me Tikki
just a lil Canadian who likes to draw.

Mood:
On hiatus

Characters | Grande Avalanche | Dusa Summer Event
Dusa | Kleeare | Chrysaora Basilisks | Belgian Kelpies | Kiettas

ImageImageImage
tikki-tak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Disgustedorite » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:20 am

I'm extending the end date to March 31 to give people time to finish up and to let people who found out late have a chance!
Disgustedorite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Create a Species - A Contest of Creativity *EXTENDED*

Postby Architeuthid » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:28 am

Others might be happy, but this contest seem to have been going on for AGES.
Architeuthid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me