Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: [Design Me A Species!] ends in 3 days! **read latest pos

Postby Birdy » Mon May 20, 2024 4:36 am

Birdy wrote:
reminder that this ends in 2 days!!

if you have made an entry and have not already added me so that i can go in/look at what's been done, please do so! <3
Birdy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [Design Me A Species!] ends in 3 days! **read latest pos

Postby Birdy » Tue May 21, 2024 9:52 am

Birdy wrote:
Birdy wrote:
reminder that this ends in 1 day!!

if you have made an entry and have not already added me so that i can go in/look at what's been done, please do so! <3
Birdy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [Design Me A Species!] ends at midnight!

Postby Birdy » Wed May 22, 2024 10:14 am

This will be closing at 11:59pm EST, and then will be closed for judging. I hope to have judgeing finished by the end of the week! c:
Birdy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [Design Me A Species!] closed for judging!

Postby Birdy » Fri May 24, 2024 10:31 am

WINNERS!!

Before I announce the winners/runner ups, I just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone who participated. It's been a while since I've done something like this, and I honestly wasn't sure if I would get many entries. But I'm seriously blown away by not just the amount of people who entered, but also by the amazing entries, themselves! You definitely did not make this an easy decision for me, and I want to make it clear that even if you didn't place, your artwork is amazing ♡

FIRST PLACE

Again, I want to make it clear that this was by no means an easy decision. There were several contenders here, and it was tough to narrow it down to just one. In the end, it boiled down to the amount of variations/artwork provided, both visible/linked and within the actual art file. Without further ado, I'd like to announce Marz-With-A-Z as our first place winner!!

Your lines are not only stunning, but fully capture what I was hoping to get with a canine species! I adore all of the variations you provided, and the puppy lines are absolutely adorable. I'm really excited to get this species up and running, and look forward to playing around with the different lines!

SECOND PLACE

The second place winner is .henloimmabirb.This one truly blew me away, and was right up with Marz's entry for nearly being first place! I'm not joking when I saw that these lines are making all of my dino-nerd dreams come true!! Every stage you provided is flawless, and the background is such a nice extra touch. I very much look forward to start designing some raptors, and am very grateful to you for giving me the opportunity to do so ♡

THIRD PLACE

The third place winner is Mythz! This was another difficult decision, but in the end I couldn't ignore just how much I fell in love with these lines. I have such a huge soft spot for livestock guardian dogs, and this is no exception! And although the cover says 'wip', enough lines and variations were provided that I feel comfortable filling in the rest. (Although if you feel up to drawing up some puppy lines for additional payment, let me know!) I am super impressed with your artwork, and am stoked to bring this species to life!

RUNNER UPS

Before we start with the runner-ups, I want to reiterate how grateful I am to everyone who participated. Although not all of the entries can win a main prize, I truly feel that you should all be proud of your work. And I do plan to send a little something to all who entered. c:

The first runner-up goes to dogish, who sent me an off-oekaki psd entry. You have some serious talent, and although your art style didn't quite match what I was going for, I imagine you'll have no problem finding another user who would love to use them!

The second runner-up goes to Kalid! Again, it's clear to me how much effort and thought was put into this entry, and while it's not quite what I was envisioning, I do hope another user scoops them up to make some adopts! The long-haired lines in particular are so adorable, and I liked the added touch of the open-mouth ref!

Lastly, the third and final runner-up goes to ob0321drxzx! I loved your concept of mixing a forrest critter with berries; it definitely fits the cottage-core vibes! While I don't foresee having the ability to expand on this species in the way it deserves, I do hope to see them become a real thing!

CLOSING STATEMENTS

Thank you, once again, to everybody who took part in my competition! Prizes will be sent out shortly, so keep an eye out! (As I said earlier, everybody will be sent a little something, no matter how they placed.) If you enjoyed this and are maybe looking for another chance to win some list pets, I do plan on having a "design me a character" competition up and running sometime soon! c;

Edit;; all prizes have been sent out! <3
Birdy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [Design Me A Species!] WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Postby dogish » Fri May 24, 2024 12:59 pm

Serious congratulations to the winners, your lines were fantastic and more than deserving of their ranks. Also want to say thank you for runner up <3
Pet's name: Rhys
Pet's name: Nokk
dogish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me