Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

CLOSED - V.1 by ShadyBro

Based on Click to view
Artist ShadyBro [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 20 minutes
Drawing sessions 8
35 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

CLOSED - V.1

Postby ShadyBro » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:50 pm

We Moved!

Welcome to Crowntail Racers Adoption Agency! Here, you may browse our lovely selection of the infamous Crowntail, a rare and treasured equine species native to the coasts of Thailand. Lucky for you, our agency specializes in obtaining and breeding these beauties a little bit closer to home. These beasts range from 10 to 14 hands (3 - 4 ft), and average anywhere from 500 to 900 pounds. Despite their tranquil appearance, they are known as ferocious fighters with harshly controlled dictatorship style packs. However, they can be easily tamed in captivity, and may even be ridden by their trainers.

Feel free to use my ask!

Table Of Contents

About The Species
-
Breeding Center
-
Rules For Owning and Adopting
-
What's Currently UFA?
-
Giftlines and Advertisements
-
Affiliates and Friends
-
Official Fanclub and Art Room
-
Artist Search -OPEN-
-
Official Roleplay
Last edited by ShadyBro on Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:16 am, edited 17 times in total.
┏━━━━━━━━━┓ 
─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──

ImageImageImage
✰Toyhouse✰
✰Closed Species✰
✰Trotters✰

ImageImageImage

─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

─- ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ─- ♡ - - ♡ -─ ⋆⋅⋅⋆ -─
ShadyBro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Information

Looks
A Crowntail looks like an average equine, with a lean yet small build full of powerful muscles. However they do have a few qualities that are more 'fish like' in a way. For starters, their unnaturally colored mane and tail closely resemble betta fish fins. Their feathering is also made of the fin-type webbing, made to resemble hair. Lastly, their orb like eyes are less equine and more supernatural. The eyes seem to glow in the dark and lack pupils, though their eyesight is exquisite.

Coloration
The colors on these animals ranges, but all patterns are described as strictly equine. It is most common to see paint-type patterns, while the rarest variation is pure black. The mane and tail can be any color, natural or unnatural, though they are usually shades of blue or red, the rarest being pure white.

Behavior
Crownies are known by many other names, but none so much as the Thai Fighting Quids. This name comes with no surprise, as these creatures are ferocious fighters in the wild. They lead in a dictatorship style pack, with one Crownie guiding and protecting the herd. If any member of the group is out of line or challenges the leader in any way, they will automatically fight to the death. It is because of this that it is very important to keep domestic Crownies in either extreamly large territories or separated.

Diet
Much like other scavengers, Crownies can eat just about anything. Their diet should be high in proteins in order to keep up the same vibrant colors in the mane and tail, however they can easily survive without meat. Each Crownie has their own food preferances, but none seem to be all that picky about their food. It is most common for domestic Crownie's to be fed a grain based diet, and be given cooked or frozen meat as treats.

Mating
When two Crownies mate, eggs are produced by an intertwining of the tails. The small eggs are fertilized and then washed into a body of water, where they will grow and develop for several weeks. At about a month old the egg will have hatched and the foal is able to care for itself. In captivity it is common practice to collect the eggs from the egg bearer (usually the smaller of the two parents) and release them in a hatching chamber in order to watch and keep track of the progress. A hatching chamber is a glass tank with rounded edges, about the size of a bath tub yet generally over three feet deep. The egg will grow rapidly, and once it hatches the foal will be able to easily climb out and begin life.

Habitat
Wild Crowntails are native to the coasts of Thailand, living in and among the muddy rivers and lakes. Though they do not need to live in water, they enjoy being near it and prefer to hunt in the water ways rather than on land. In captivity Crownies can live like any other horse, settled in stables and barns, with large pastures to explore and feed in. However it is unhealthy for a Crownie to go long without access to water, so to accommodate them barns are usually fitted with misters in the ceilings, shallow pools on the floor of each stall, and preferably a large lake or pond somewhere within the pasture. The more water that is available the happier they will be.

Last edited by ShadyBro on Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ShadyBro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules

General~

- If you wish to be staff, please PM me. We are currently open for applications for moderators and our artist search is always open.

- Please be kind and respectful to one another or you will be banned.

- Do not rush or pester the artists for any reason - if you feel something has been forgotten you can send a friendly inquiring message after some time.

- Do not steal, sell, or otherwise use these for anything other then their intended purpose. Crownies may be posted elsewhere IF you own said crownie and IF it links back to the adoption page.

For Adopting~

- You may adopt as many as you want, and as many as you like a day. There are no limits.

- You may not sell, trade, or gift your Crownie until a re-adoption event.

- You may give a Crownie any sex/gender you wish.

- You must include a show name as well as a barn name.

- You may always ask for competition extensions, but it is the artist's choice whether to accept or not.

For Breeding~

- You may breed any single crownie twice a month, even if they have twins.

- Any gender/sex pairing may breed, MxM / FxF / ?X?

- Each crownie has 10 breeding slots, but will gain 5 more each year. It is your job to keep track, but those caught going over the limits will have their crownie sterilized as well as any offspring created past said limits.

- Please do not specifically ask for twins. Each breeding artist may choose if they want to do twin breedings at all, and if so then each breeding will have a 50% chance of resulting in twins.

- It is the artists choice whether or not to allow trait requests, and if so it is equally their choice to deny requests. No artist is ever required to complete your trait requests - they are requests/ideas/suggestions only.

- You may always choose the gender/sex of your crownies offspring, but everything else such as their height, coat color, markings, ect will be determined by the breeding artist.

- A foal will be considered a foal two weeks after the breeding artist posts them. They will not be breedable, giftable, or readoptable until after their growth date.

- You may choose to gift your foal(s) to a specific user or put them up for public adoption before they are posted, but after they have been posted you must wait the two week growth period to do so.

- Artists are not required to make changes or alterations to any created foals just because you do not like them. You may however talk to the breeding artist or message ShadyBro if something is wrong with the names of their coat colors.

For Artists~

- You may release as many Crownies a day as you wish.

- Feel free to come and go as you wish, you will not be removed for being inactive unless you disappear from CS entirely for longer than three months.

- Always stick to species guidelines. Realistic horse base coats and white markings only. Mane/tail/eyes can be any color.

- No line edits unless you ask me first. No mutations are allowed at this time. You may add items as a special occasion as long as they are on a seperate layer from the base lines.

- Be sure about the coat color you put down, or ask someone if you're not 100% sure.

- You may create gift crownies for anyone you wish, and make as many customs as you like within reason, but please be fair when judging contests.

- If you want to do breedings, just ask, but note that only artists that have been with us a while or have background in doing breedings for other CS equine adopts can be added as breeding artists.

- Try to be punctual about judging, or if need be you can ask me or another staff member to judge contests for you.
Last edited by ShadyBro on Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:47 pm, edited 20 times in total.
ShadyBro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Giftlines & Adverts!

Postby ShadyBro » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:51 pm

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2777903][img]http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=2355126&size=small&format=auto&rev=1440222582[/img][/url]

ImageImage
Last edited by ShadyBro on Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:35 pm, edited 9 times in total.
ShadyBro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Affiliates

Postby ShadyBro » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:51 pm

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image
Last edited by ShadyBro on Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:22 am, edited 9 times in total.
ShadyBro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Quick Grab Forums

Postby ShadyBro » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:52 pm

For artists only!

Adoption~
[center][quote][color=grey][img]http://txt-dynamic.static.1001fonts.net/txt/dHRmLjQ4LjhhOGE4YS5RM0p2ZDI1MFlXbHNJRkpoWTJWeWN3LCwuMAAA/romance-fatal.afliccion.png[/img]

Welcome to Crowntail Racers Adoption Agency! Here, you may browse our lovely selection of the infamous Crowntail, a rare and treasured equine species native to the coasts of Thailand. Lucky for you, our agency specializes in obtaining and breeding these beauties a little bit closer to home. These beasts range from 10 to 14 hands (3 - 4 ft), and average anywhere from 500 to 900 pounds. Despite their tranquil appearance, they are known as ferocious fighters with harshly controlled dictatorship style packs. However, they can be easily tamed in captivity, and may even be ridden by their trainers. [/color][/quote]

[b]Show Name:[/b] x
    [b]Barn Name:[/b] x
    [b]Height:[/b] HEY, FILL THIS OUT!
    [b]Coat Color:[/b] HEY, FILL THIS OUT!
    [b]Gender:[/b] x
    [b]Link To Forum:[/b] x

[code][b]Username: [/b]
    [b]Show Name: [/b]
    [b]Barn Name: [/b]
    [b]Gender: [/b]
    [b]XXX: [/b][/code]

[b]Prettying Up:[/b] Yes/No   |   [b]Extras:[/b] Yes/No   |   [b]Word Limit:[/b] x

[b]End Date:[/b] x[/center]

Breeding~
[center] [size=90]♥ [b]Breeding For USERNAME[/b] ♥[/size]

[i][url=parent 1 link]parent 1 show name /// barn name[/url]
&
[url=parent 2 link]parent 2 show name /// barn name[/url][/i]

[code][b]Username:[/b] USERNAME
[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b] parent 1 height + parent 2 height / 2 = foals height
[b]Coat Color:[/b] COAT COLOR
[b]Gender:[/b][/code]

[i][b]Grow Date:[/b] x[/i][/center]
Last edited by ShadyBro on Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:54 am, edited 4 times in total.
ShadyBro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

So Whats Available?

Postby ShadyBro » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:52 pm

Last edited by ShadyBro on Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:30 am, edited 20 times in total.
┏━━━━━━━━━┓ 
─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──

ImageImageImage
✰Toyhouse✰
✰Closed Species✰
✰Trotters✰

ImageImageImage

─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

─- ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ─- ♡ - - ♡ -─ ⋆⋅⋅⋆ -─
ShadyBro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Crowntail Racers Adoption Agency

Postby .Survivor. » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:53 am

I must mark. I own bettas....I must have one....

These are so cool!
do you suffer from panic or anxiety attacks? Come see the plushies I sell
Come join this discord warrior cat RP! We are having a contest!

I do get on occasionally.
xxxxxxSurvivorxxxxxx
I have had to take a couple years off of CS due to real life things. But im slowly getting back here now.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ImageImage
I was beaten, bruised, abused, and yet I survived. I spoke up. Let others hear your voice. Fight. Be a warrior. Be a SURVIVOR.Image
Image no one understands what Post Traumatic Stress Disorder is. Unless you have it yourself.
Please, be aware that not all wounds are visible.Image
[/left]
.Survivor.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Crowntail Racers Adoption Agency

Postby ShadyBro » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:50 am