Based on Click to view
Artist Ariana Black [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 6 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Tolter Art For Tolter Challenge Thread

Postby Ariana Black » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:46 pm

Color in plus story for ABeardedDragon for their tolter City Nights.

If anyone had told Tourmaline he would be kidnapped along with a few other horses, he would have called them crazy. However, that is exactly what happened. It was a day like any other. The sun was shining and everything seemed calm. Tourmaline's owner was taking the horse trailer to a Tolter auction planning on bringing other Tolters home. The place seemed quiet without her and the workers were out of sight. Suddenly, Tourmaline felt a sharp pain in his shoulder as a tranquilizer dart hit its mark. He stumbled around before collapsing. When he woke up hours later, he found himself in a pasture with a fence that was taller than him.

There were several horses there as well including a rare Medicine Hat filly. She was yearling but was small for her age. She seemed scared and all alone. Tourmaline made his way to her and brought the filly close to his side. It was clear she wasn't a Tolter but that didn't matter to him. He could tell she would grow to be a beauty as she aged. That was probably one of the many reasons she was there apart from the fact that Medicine Hats were worth thousands of dollars. She kept saying she wanted her mom and her owner saying that both were missing her. Tourmaline understood that fully as he was sure his owner missed him. He nudged as he moved her towards the fence. He wanted to make sure they could find a spot together so that they could escape. The filly said has a chip in the back of her neck that would help hem find her owner. Tourmaline was sure that they would be able to find her owner.

They circled the fence for hours when it happened. The door was opened and the kidnappers were trying to push off the horses so that they could feed them. Tourmaline suddenly charged forward with the filly at his side. The man cried out as he fell. Tourmaline and the filly escaped freeing themselves and the other horses. Tourmaline led the filly into the forest knowing that it would be harder for them to be found there. As they ran through the forest, it grew dark and fireflies started to dance about them. They slowed so that they could watch them but then started up again. The fireflies traveled with them giving them added light as they traveled.

It took hours but Tourmaline was able to get them to his home. He letting out a challenging ringing scream that his owner and the workers knew all too well. They ran to greet him and were surprised to see him with the Medicine Hat filly. They were taken to one of the barns so that they could rest in safety. They were fed and water before they were left alone except for a few workers that would stand guard of the two horses. The next morning they were fed and watered before Tourmaline's owner took the filly to the vet to be able to find out her owner.

Once they found out, they called the owner and told her to come to the horse farm Tourmaline lived in. The filly's owner was there within hours bringing her dam with her. Mother and daughter whinnied happily when they saw one another and pranced about as they circled each other. The mother thanked Tourmaline while the filly's owner thanked Tourmaline's owner. Soon the filly, her mom, and her owner were gone. Tourmaline just hoped that they would be able to meet again. It was months before he was able to see her again. It seemed their owners had grown to be quick friends.

The filly's owner's name he learned was Ariana Black. Ariana, he heard, was an avid horse lover and owned several breeds of horse. The filly and her dam were part of a breeding line checkered with Arabians and Paints. The filly had been a shock as she never expected to find a Medicine Hat filly that looked like an elegant Arabian. Medicine Hat was the last thing she had expected. The filly was proof that her plan was successful and that the line should be continued. Her mate was already picked out for her. He was from another line of Arabian and Paint horses and he had a stunning coat. They would make lovely foals together.

Tourmaline felt jealous as he listened to the filly talk about her future mate. He knew the young colt was going to have the most beautiful mare on Ariana's ranch. All too soon, the filly and her owner were leaving promising to visit again sometime soon. They would bring the handsome colt the next time around. Tourmaline couldn't help but like the colt when they visited which made the filly relax. She saw Tourmaline as a second father and had wanted his approval. She was glad to have. Years passed before the filly came back. This time she had a Medicine Hat colt with black markings instead of chestnut. He was the perfect copy of both his parents. He had his dam's markings and his father's coloring. Tourmaline was surprised to meet the foal but was very happy to see him. The colt was to live with Tourmaline now that he was weaned. It wasn't the same as having the lovely mare but he loved having a piece of her living with him.
Art made by the amazing theNightwishmaster and was commissioned by me.
Ariana Black

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me