Tolter Art For Tolter Challenge Thread by Ariana Black

Based on Click to view
Artist Ariana Black [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 6 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Tolter Art For Tolter Challenge Thread

Postby Ariana Black » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:58 am

Color in and story for ABeardedDragon for their tolter City Nights "Tourmaline". 544 Words

Tourmaline pranced about eagerly. The night was Halloween night and he was to take part he had watched since he was a little foal. The story tells that on a cloudy night such as tonight when all is still, a sudden chill fills the air. There coming out of the mist comes the ghost of a black unicorn with a gold halter. His horn is lit an eerie yellow. As the unicorn walks, it seems the souls of those cursed to wander the earth follow him. Where they go no ones. All anyone knows is that when they join the unicorn, the souls that were trapped seem to be at peace as long as they stay with the unicorn. He is the pied piper of the spirits. Tourmaline was eager to play as the unicorn for Halloween night especially when he got to wear the unicorn halter that was gold with silver buckles and blue stones. The halter was powered so that it lit up. His owner made sure he was ready and soon he arrived at the party of the city where he would start out on his own. As he pranced along the city night, there was human-made fog circling him. It wasn't long before humans dressed in dark clothing with makeup that made them look pale gaunt started following him. They seemed upset at first and wary but as they went along it seemed as though they perked up and were happier. The cries that had started were meant to sound haunting but soon grew to be happy. By the time it was over, the crowd watching was cheering and clapping. Tourmaline's owner came and got him taking him home when it was time to go. That night he was settled down in his pasture. He had a bucket of oast, a trough full of nice cool water along with a stream running through the pasture, a barrel of hay, and there was sweet grass growing in the pasture as well. His pasture went into the woods a little bit so that he could roam about. The later it got, the foggier it became. Tourmaline started to notice this and looked around as he heard a haunting sound. He gasped as he saw a black unicorn with a horn glowing an eerie golden light. Behind the unicorn were these shapes that looked like humans that were wearing chains. The chains rattled as they went but the further they went the quieter they became. The haunting cries turned almost musical. Tourmaline watched it all in stunned silence. He knew this was no dream and it was not some fake being done by another horse. He was seeing the real thing and it scared him almost especially when the unicorn turned to look at him. The unicorn bowed his head to him acknowledging him before he continued on his way. Tourmaline watched them until they were out of sight and then he fell asleep. The next morning found Tourmaline almost doubting himself. That is until a single black rose glowing with an eerie light. It was a gift from the unicorn. The single rose would grow into a full blown rose bush with black roses that glowed with the strange eerie yellow light.
Art made by the amazing theNightwishmaster and was commissioned by me.
Ariana Black

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me