Redline(cat) by The Lost soul

Based on Click to view
Artist The Lost soul [gallery]
Time spent 22 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
16 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Redline(cat)

Postby The Lost soul » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:21 am

Okay, so we usually do realistic, and that might be a bit weird, given you have a style, so we went with what we figured might translate over.

We arched the eyes, giving them a more rounded lid, as eyeballs are... round... so, yeah.
We outlined the basic form, even throwing in a coupld ribs and the lines down the paws showing wrist-to-toe articulation.
Fur tends to puff outwards around the neck and face, , and gets pushed up and around, depending upon angle, density, etc. If you can study real-life fur by moving it around, we'd suggest that.
Furthermore, the base of the tail is a bit lower on the back-end and is usually close to the floor when laying down or sitting.
When the forelegs are crossed over, the shoulder on the over-lapping forearm usually sticks out some, and is exposed to the viewer, along with the elbow(in this case).
For different breeds of cats, the muzzles are different, but there is usually a pear-shape from between the eyes, to around the mouth and down to the chin. Only the edges of the mouth really get shown, but it gives cats a :3 face.
Lastly, we like to add in little lines in the paws, where the claws are sheathed. There is usually a slight indent or line on a cat's paws when sheathed, but not always. It mostly helps give the paw more character and dimension, showing where the bottom is, allowing us to know where the paw pad would start.

We'll add you so you can see each layer, but you'll probably learn more by studying the skeletal and muscular charts of felines yourself. In any case, we hope this was helpful.
-adult-asocial(likely schizoid)-
DA
No art trades.
Commissions are Closed

sick.
The Lost soul

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups